Forum » FFXI » NMs » Black Belt Item Drop Rates
Black Belt Item Drop Rates
First Page 2
 Odin.Ketsuu
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Ketsuu 2011-11-28 14:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've looked just about everywhere I would think would have the answer, and asked around...but can't find any info on this. So I'm hoping someone here might know what the drop rates of the Black Belt Items are from Aspid/Nidhogg/KB. If you have fought Aspid/Nidhogg/KB since the updated BB item drop rates, does the drop rate seem decent? I'd imagine they're about the same for each one, but have no idea if the drop rate is worth spending 4+ mil on each pop item for each fight.

Any info on this is much appreciated. ^^
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-11-28 14:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's on the secret wiki. Need to have a black belt to view it, however - sorry. :(

To be serious, I don't know - there was intense interest in getting black belts once monk emerged as a powerhouse, but it seems to have died off. In the little post-update experience I have, it seemed easier to get the items, but quite possibly more expensive. Not sure.

I would pay 12mil for one, however. But that's just personal preference, of course.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-11-28 14:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of paying 4mil per pop item, buy it for said price. Maybe it's shitty luck on my end, but (eyeballing) seems around 40% drop rate. Seen it not drop more than it has. With th10+ on it even so just lettering ya know.
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2011-11-28 14:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's less than 100%, but beyond that the pop items are too rare for me to have personally done any testing. Managed to get 2 complete black belts for LS from KCNMs and after using the NQ pop items we ended up with 0 HQ pop items.
 Odin.Ketsuu
By Odin.Ketsuu 2011-11-28 14:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I would buy the BB item itself, but finding a seller on this server seems to be impossible lol, hell..if the drop rate turns out to be around 40%, i would buy the pops and hope i get lucky
 Odin.Laausuu
user: Laausuu
By Odin.Laausuu 2011-11-28 14:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I would honestly tell you that KS99 are probably the way to go. We did several runs the other night and went 2/4 on Behemoth Tongue and 1/4 on the Wyrm Beard. They were both fairly easy fights, with the Behemoth being the easier of the two by far. On top of that if you get your BB item you then have a pop item to sell for some cash if you want as the pop item is 100% drop.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-11-28 14:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Mind you that was only my experience on KB. I haven't done the other Kings since update.
 Midgardsormr.Crazytaru
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Crazytaru
By Midgardsormr.Crazytaru 2011-11-28 15:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I created a brand new char a few months ago and so I was low on Kindred seals. I just shouted for someone to sell me orbs and found someone who was willing to sell them for 300k each to me.

I would keep BB item if dropped, if not I would keep HNM pop item. Seller would keep all the other items. I got a Black belt over a weekend this way.

edit: out of 12 turtle KSNM's from my group, only 2 eggs dropped. I had two blue pondweeds, one of the adamantoise's I killed dropped red pondweed. With that 1 red pondweed I received a egg

out of the 6 behemoth KSNM I did only 1 dropped BB item

out of 10 KSNM wyrms I did, 2 dropped beard.
 Bismarck.Punchus
Server: Bismarck
user: Punchus
By Bismarck.Punchus 2011-11-28 15:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My experiences thus far with the HQ Kings is 100% drop on BB items. That is 4 Nidhogg, 3 KB and 3 Aspid. All dropped BB item 100%. Maybe we were just lucky but thats what we got.
By Powerslave 2011-11-28 15:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Chances are there will be people some what spamming Nid/KB on your server for D rings and E bodies/N legs, so like someone above mentioned you're probably better off trying to buy those directly from some one (for a reasonable price of course).

Doubt many people do Aspid unless they're actually trying for the egg itself, but from what I've seen/heard the drop rate on the items are pretty decent if it comes down to having to buy a pop or multiple pops.
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-11-28 15:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 0/8 on the egg from the KS99 and a friend was 3/3 off the wyrm beard from Nidhogg. You should be able to get away with paying 3-5 for each item... with the beard being the cheapest because fafnir is the only lesser king that drops ANYTHING of worth. In reality, I think people tend to charge the same amount... but I digress.

Good luck.
 Odin.Ketsuu
By Odin.Ketsuu 2011-11-28 16:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys, ill try my luck with the HQ HNMs and shoutting for orbs lol lets see if i have any luck :P
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-11-28 16:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The King pops are pretty rare in my experience. I've seen one KB pop in 15 runs and 2 Nidd pops in 19. The ksnm drop rates seem to be about the same on tongue and beard, about 1/5, but I can't comment on king drops. Turtle is still a ***, 2 eggs in 32 runs and no red pond weed.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-11-28 17:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You have a higher chance of getting the BB item from the KSNM itself rather than the force pops. But with that being said i want to say it can cost as much as around 700-1000 seals for a good chance of 3/3 success. The fights are pretty easy/fun now and i suggest that method if able.

I received my black belt with 48 hours of the new update that introduced this method and to me KSNM is the way to go only.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-28 17:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to get too far off-topic, but what are the difficulty levels of the KSNMs at 95? Should we wait until 99 when it will be even easier?
 Asura.Vagisil
Server: Asura
user: vagisil
By Asura.Vagisil 2011-11-28 17:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Not to get too far off-topic, but what are the difficulty levels of the KSNMs at 95? Should we wait until 99 when it will be even easier?

i recently did ks99 wyrm with 6. our setup was 2 nins, a blm, rdm, and 2 whms.

back in the day i did a ks99 behemoth at 75 cap with just 6 with relative ease.

i have yet to do a ks99 aspid though.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-11-28 17:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

At the 85 cap, we did aspid KS99 with 2 SAM and 3 BLM just to see what it was about... we ended up killing it within 3 minutes. The other two fights were probably duo capable with the right setup/skill. Meteor will still mess you up decently at the end though lol.

This was at 85 though, considering were 95 i can't imagine these being any kind of challenge. Also we did around 3 runs minimum of each and about 5 runs on aspid KS99. We saw returns of 3 beards, 3 tongues, and 2 eggs.

We had TH6 on almost all pop item NM's we received and maybe saw only 1 HQ each though we did get about 3 HQ fafs out of luck. Only ONE of the HQ dropped a BB item even with TH6.

By far KS99 is the way to go, just have to farm up Kindred seals if lacking. Paying millions would be senseless at this point for BB items, D-ring hell yeah but not BB items.
By KetsuofOdin 2011-11-28 17:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The Wyrm is pretty easy to low man, or even solo with the right jobs. The Turtle can be annoying to do in a shout group, but with the right people its not too bad. The Behemoth is also soloable/low mannable. I've heard of BSTs soloing it with ease. The problem is getting enough orbs to spam them most of the time lol.
 Bahamut.Gimpness
Server: Bahamut
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-11-28 18:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm can solo wyrm and behe pretty easily... would just need a fire resist set for when wyrm flies. if you can get around 150 or 200 including bar, you'd probly resist it straight up. or at least lower it enough for phalanx to make it do next to nothing. turtle needs a couple more people, just to get damage on it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Ryukin
Server: Fenrir
user: ryu182
By Fenrir.Ryukin 2012-01-05 20:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Been spamming Nidhogg, 7/21 on KS99, 2/5 on Nidhogg
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [142 days between previous and next post]
By Dentist 2012-05-27 07:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a stupid nerf from BB-item-buyer's point of view, SE made this b?tch become way toooo hard to get.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-05-27 07:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that hard >.>... The BB item from HQ Hnm is like 50-60%. Got them constantly.
[+]
By sprinkles84 2012-05-27 08:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dentist said: »
It's a stupid nerf from BB-item-buyer's point of view, SE made this b?tch become way toooo hard to get.
perhaps why they did it.. so one of the best pieces in game doesnt go to people who just buy their way through the game.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-05-27 08:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

sprinkles84 said: »
perhaps why they did it.. so one of the best pieces in game doesnt go to people who just buy their way through the game.

Too bad that didn't work?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-05-27 09:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

With the exception of maybe neo-nyzul gear, there really isn't an item in the game you can't buy.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-05-27 09:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What's stopping people who buy their way through the game from buying BB items now? Or king pop items? Or KC99 orbs from people who have plenty of seals? That's right - nothing.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-05-27 09:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »

What's stopping people who buy their way through the game from buying BB items now? Or king pop items? Or KC99 orbs from people who have plenty of seals? That's right - nothing.

100%^
By sprinkles84 2012-05-27 09:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said: »
Asura.Tamoa said: »

100%^

Agreed, but for some reason the dude said SE made it "way toooo hard to get".

the only pain on getting a black belt has never changed.. and thats actually farming the nm's for the previous belts.

if anything its easier to get now than ever...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-27 10:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I definitely wouldn't say it's easier to get than ever, it has gotten slightly harder, but it's still perfectly reasonable to buy. The only one that's seen a dramatic increase in price is the Egg, as that KS99 is annoying.
First Page 2