Forum » FFXI » NMs » Black Belt Item Drop Rates
Black Belt Item Drop Rates
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2012-05-27 11:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't bother with those X-mil HQ faf/adaman/behe pop items if all you're after is the BB items. Spam the KS99 as much as you can, I had all 3 of mine in....6 runs, tops? Very good luck, really, but you generally get one of those NQ pop items to drop too. Sell those, and if you run out of seals, use the money to merc your last BB item or something. The new system is....weird, to say the least, but it beats the hell out of paying some HNMLS 5 mil a BB item because they have the monster perma-botted. XD

Now, with dedication, many seals and some luck, you can have your black belt AND get rich doing it. Yay!

*Warning: Friends to help you not included.
**Also, batteries.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-05-27 12:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The KS99's aren't bad except the turtle. My wife is 0-6 on that one, went 1-2 on behemoth and 1-2 on wyrm. Unfortunately with the new system no one on Sylph seems to sell just the egg anymore, for any amount of money. We are out of orbs and now our option is basically just to buy pondweeds and try to get the drop from Aspi. Which sucks ***, because it's no longer a sure thing.

I think I'd have preferred the old system. Black belt items were 100% off of HQ kings.
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2012-05-27 13:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

All KS fights, 1/2 Tongue, 1/1 Beard, 1/15?, Possibly more, egg, let's just say I got 2 strider boots off my orbs before I got egg.

Edit**

Bst friend soloed Behemoth KS for me twice, same BST to Wyrm but with 2 BLMs to get it down, and turtle was that BST as WHM +2~3 BLMs and a DD
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-05-27 13:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
I think I'd have preferred the old system. Black belt items were 100% off of HQ kings.

Doubtful. Between the influx of people needing the item, and the number of people who would block you for the sake of profit, you'd likely never see an egg for a price you'd deem reasonable.
 Odin.Ketsuu
Server: Odin
By Odin.Ketsuu 2012-05-27 13:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I went 1/2 on the Egg, 1/5 for the Beard, and 1/20+ for the Tongue, all from the KSNM99s. Once I ran out of orbs, I just offered people the HNM pop (which sold for 1-1.5 mil each at the time) in return for their orb, and they got all drops except the BB item if it dropped. For people who already have a BB or don't have any desire to own one, that is as good of a deal as it gets, since we did all of the killing and all they had to do was sit on the side and watch us kill.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-05-27 13:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »

Doubtful. Between the influx of people needing the item, and the number of people who would block you for the sake of profit, you'd likely never see an egg for a price you'd deem reasonable.

Money isn't the issue, we have plenty of gil. I literally can't find anyone selling the egg on my server. I don't care so much about the price, I just hate having to do however many Adamantoise pops, for the chance at an Aspi, for the chance at an egg. It's a ***system.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-05-27 14:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks that nice things can be a challenge to get?

To be sure, I tried like crazy to buy two of my items, and even at the time, it was a total pain. But it was pretty damn cool when I finally got my third item. (Ended up farming all three.) And yeah, it was "the old way." Same idea though.
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-05-28 15:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »

Top notch Hnm linkshells always sold BB items for 2-3 Mil. + Ksnm 99 was a pretty high drop rate. The older system was much easier.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-05-30 09:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Sucks that nice things can be a challenge to get?

To be sure, I tried like crazy to buy two of my items, and even at the time, it was a total pain. But it was pretty damn cool when I finally got my third item. (Ended up farming all three.) And yeah, it was "the old way." Same idea though.

Even though I've played off-and-on from NA launch, 99 Kindred Seals is still a good bit. Between her and I, we had enough for 10 orbs, and my LS leader put up 1. 1/2 on tongue, 1/2 beard, 0/7 on egg. There was a huge KS99 turtle run Sunday night, and I believe we did something like 30 runs in the time that I was there. Out of those runs, I saw 4 eggs. That's a pretty awful droprate for orbs that it takes a significant amount of effort to farm... you are essentially dependent on other people selling the pondweeds for a chance at Aspi and a chance at egg.

However, we went 1/3 on Red Pondweed from Adamantoise, and then 1/1 for egg last night from Aspi, so my wife got her belt. Unfortunately I bought a second Aspi pop to be safe, which I now have to sell, but assuming I lose no money on the sale the belt essentially cost only the 600k I put up for one of the little turtle pops. And I made 5 million selling the Behemoth KS99/Wyrm KS99 pop items. I guess we did make out pretty well in the end but I would rather have just bought the damn egg from an HNMLS like back in the day, it would have been less aggravating.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [129 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-10-06 10:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Any word on how the drop rates are from the HNM pops now?

I went with LS a few days ago and did KSNM99 for the egg and went 0/5 on egg drop, we all sold the pondweed though.

I got enough here next week for maybe another 5 runs between me and 2 of my friends helping me get this last item I need, I got a TH7 THF, wondering if it's worth it to try to get a red pondweed and go for the egg from Aspid, or try and merc (which is hard to find a reasonable price on Questz).
 Siren.Renavi
user: Renavi
By Siren.Renavi 2012-10-06 10:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxidb.com should be helpful, at least for HNM drop rates.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-10-06 10:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

as changed by SE years ago, they don't drop from the lower level HNMs, only the HQ pop and the KS99. it is 100% from the HQ HNM though.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-06 10:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
as changed by SE years ago, they don't drop from the lower level HNMs, only the HQ pop and the KS99. it is 100% from the HQ HNM though.

It's not 100% from HQ anymore.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-06 11:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like about 70% (with TH):
http://www.ffxidb.com/zones/128/aspidochelone
http://www.ffxidb.com/zones/154/nidhogg
http://www.ffxidb.com/zones/127/king-behemoth <-- probably low because people kill it even if they're holding the tongue.

http://www.ffxidb.com/items/3344 : 11%?
http://www.ffxidb.com/items/3340 : 18%?
http://www.ffxidb.com/items/3342 : 15%?

I don't know why Turkle's drop rate is statistically significantly different from Faffers.

People claim about a 25% drop rate off the KS99s. Every 99 seals gives you about a 35% chance of getting one of the items, so you'd need about 836 seals average to get a Black Belt assuming you pop all the NMs whose pop items you get through the KS99s. If it's actually a 20% drop rate off the KS99s, that'd be about a thousand KSs.

My logs have me at 0/12 for Wyrm Beard off the KS99 since January, lol.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-10-06 11:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Looks like about 70% (with TH):
http://www.ffxidb.com/zones/128/aspidochelone
http://www.ffxidb.com/zones/154/nidhogg
http://www.ffxidb.com/zones/127/king-behemoth <-- probably low because people kill it even if they're holding the tongue.

http://www.ffxidb.com/items/3344 : 11%?
http://www.ffxidb.com/items/3340 : 18%?
http://www.ffxidb.com/items/3342 : 15%?

I don't know why Turkle's drop rate is statistically significantly different from Faffers.

People claim about a 25% drop rate off the KS99s. Every 99 seals gives you about a 35% chance of getting one of the items, so you'd need about 836 seals average to get a Black Belt assuming you pop all the NMs whose pop items you get through the KS99s. If it's actually a 20% drop rate off the KS99s, that'd be about a thousand KSs.

My logs have me at 0/12 for Wyrm Beard off the KS99 since January, lol.

It's about 70% I can vouch for it. After seeing reports from friends and kills myself. It's around that % from the HQs.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-10-06 12:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm, must have had really good luck. seen it 100% on all the Nids and KBs i have killing in the past year
By Zephin 2012-10-06 12:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
hmm, must have had really good luck. seen it 100% on all the Nids and KBs i have killing in the past year

it is good luck then. I've seen alot of no drops on all 3.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-10-06 15:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info guys, when I do another set of 5 runs (hopefully next week), I may take the drops and try to pop the turtle and go for the HQ item.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-06 15:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

are these drop rates assuming TH8-12 or static. I've done BB items for almost a dozen friends now, since I was the first THF with TH7, I always was asked to go. my exp from teh NQ/HQ kings...

NQ turtle virtually never drops HQ pop, 1/30+
HQ turtle is about 40-50% egg drop with TH10+

NQ wyrm rarely drops the HQ pop, 3-5/20+
HQ wyrm is probably 60-70% beard drop, maybe 10 nighoggs for 7 black belts

NQ behemoth drops the HQ pop pretty often, think we went 6/10
HQ behemoth seems to rain tongues, think we got 6/8 and a D.Ring

The egg is probably the toughest to get, everyone I know seems to have trouble with that one. And, seeing all their anguish and farming KS and buying pop items, I will never level MNK.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-06 15:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Why argue or bother giving anecdotal evidence when I've already linked a source that crushes your sample sizes?
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-06 16:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Why argue or bother giving anecdotal evidence when I've already linked a source that crushes your sample sizes?

I didn't argue, the beginning of my post poses a question, the rest explains why I asked it. I don't see those drop rates broken down by TH level, which hopefully affects the drop rate significantly, or I've wasted a lot of my time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-10-06 22:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

did 5 more runs tonight on KSNM99, egg dropped on 5th one, so went 1/10 on the egg, proud new black belt owner!
[+]