Anyone Still Use Windower?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Anyone still use windower?
Anyone still use windower?
First Page 2 3
 Fairy.Luckyslick
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Luckyslick 2009-04-24 23:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Was wondering if anyone still uses Windower? I quit for about a year. Used windower back before, but now FFXI has a windowed mode. I hate how I can't control my PCharacter while on a different app. But with windower I could. I just don't want to use this app and then banned. That a possibility?
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-24 23:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-25 00:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Mabrook said:
SE doesn't care about windower. If they did, half of FFXI player base would be banned lol, true story.

So instead, they banned most of the best players with Slavage dupe.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-25 00:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

they do care somewhat.
they'll /slap and say "bad!"
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
Server: Midgardsormr
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-04-25 00:05:52
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

More often than not, PC users do use Windowers. The add-ons are amazing. However, I'm a "Better safe than sorry" person, so I choose not to use one.

Just remember, actions have consequences. If you use it, don't be angry or even surprised if one day you randomly get an LM-17. SE does get bored from time to time (much like police) :p
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-04-25 00:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Used windower 6yrs now, keep your nose clean and no one will say a thing.

hell, i've talked to half of my LS openly about what all I do with windower and other apps... then again i know them and trust them.

So just don't blab to strangers and your fine.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-25 00:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

To say that I don't use windower....would create falsehood.

So, I won't say I don't use windower.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-25 00:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Mabrook said:
SE doesn't care about windower. If they did, half of FFXI player base would be banned lol, true story.

Just goes to show you, you can't be the best unless you cheat lol.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-25 00:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bojack said:
Korpg said:
Mabrook said:

Just goes to show you, you can't be the best unless you cheat lol.

A couple of players who got banned cause of it didn't actually dupe, they left after their shell started doing that.

But they still got the hammer cause they were there when it happened.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
Server: Midgardsormr
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-04-25 00:20:20

Bartimaeus said:
I use windower, for about 2 reasons:

Plugins (Game should have, doesn't)
XI's windowed mode seems to be pretty lag mcraptastic on my machine. (Partially my fault)

My roommate opts to use xi windowed mode without a problem.

Windower has been in the wild for too long to be worried about a mass SE ban. I wouldn't go calling GMs asking why your plugins are broken via update, but you have nothing to worry about.

Moustache!

Anyway... Some of those plug-ins are tempting as hell. Being able to see distance for more precise pulling/claiming/sweet spots, TP for timing a skillchain without 80 /p macroes, JA cooldowns, Time Remaining for Buffs, etc.

Would be wonderful if SE would sanction their own. Then they could say "Use ours or GTFO!" >.>
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-04-25 00:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Aikar, one of the devs of windower, in my ls and he is always talking about it and his latest work and yet he's still around not been banned >.>

I don't see SE ever banning for it because of how hard it is to prove it, even if they say they use it can argue they was joking. The salvage dupe though, it was possible for GMs to have proof of who abused it.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-25 01:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

First off, welcome back to Fairy. And /comfort. lol

I use it. =) And usually have 2 copies running at a time. The only plugins I use for it are recast, TParty, Distance, Statustimer occasionally, and Lightluggage though.

Yes, I think SE should have the plugins.
No, they're not essential.
Yes, they sure are handy when it comes to sc's and seeing when abilities are ready without opening the JA menu.
No, you won't get in trouble for using it unless you go shouting in Whitegate about it. Or maybe if you're using fillmode to 'hack' in Nyzul/Salvage/etc.

I don't even talk about Windower in FF, just on the off-chance I get reported for some BS reason and they check the logs. Better safe than sorry after all.

Well, good luck and see ya around. =)
(P.s.... Don't take my black belt items. XD)
[+]
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-25 02:01:20

Kool kids use Windower. You want to be kool, don't you? DON'T YOU!

But yeah, 99% of the stuff does nothing more than what's displayed in client-side memory. There's a couple things that interact with the game that you could stay away from to be on the safe side, but to simply window FFXI, there's nothing done to tip off SQUENIX.
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-04-25 02:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup.. lol.. my PC isn't for playing FF only. I need/want to do other things while the program is on- and the 'official' windowed mode is just some cheap code to let Windows run it like that.. very sad 'update' that was.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-25 02:08:41

Square-Enix said:
Hey guys, we're gonna finally give you something you've been waiting to get and well deserved for 5 years now. Except it's not going to be actually functional. We're gonna *** up it's performance so it's not worth using? Kthx.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-04-25 02:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Square-Enix said:
Hey guys, we're gonna finally give you something you've been waiting to get and well deserved for 5 years now. Except it's not going to be actually functional. We're gonna *** up it's performance so it's not worth using? Kthx.

XDDDDD

Like stacking items in inventory. LightLuggage still pwns it!

I mainly use it because the screenshots are MUCH better quality and nicely organized (I don't use SSOrganizer, but I like how the images can be saved as PNGs automatically, and also named after date and time they were taken). Plugins are dead useful, but I don't even use windower macros. XD
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-25 03:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

To tell you the truth, if SE was planning on banning anyone for using Windower, they would have done it a long time ago. The only real offense is that you have it in a window as opposed to fullscreen. But now that SE has their own Windowed mode, they're not banning people for that. Other than the window, the only thing you're guilty of is using a few fancy calculators and stopwatches. Can't get banned for that.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-25 03:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What theres PC users that actually use SEs version... i mean switch between the 2 youll see a performance difference in your comp especially if its 6 years old like mine. I dont even use it for the plug ins though there nice they look tacky on the screen hell i still use version 3.24 most the time. Now sometimes i use newer stuff. Timestamp was super awesome for trying to test spell durations of 5 spells at once. But god it looks horrible on the screen.

And for getting TODs afk i still use the oldschool count hourly system messages. Seriously though its like impossible to prove. And just windower Doesnt give any of those unfair advantages that SE is always getting there panties in a bunch over. And for that matter most of the add ons are already there in some form.

Distance you got radar or you can eyeball it yeah takes alot more skill big whoop. Only thing i really need the distance plugin for is moving back to the exact spot i started a spell in after getting knocked back to stop spell interrupt.
Time stamp... well if your actually there you can just /clock etc... Only thing i really like is seeing others tp. Very nice so i can plan to self skillchain when no one else has tp since most people go out of there way to interrupt it
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-25 03:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are people admiting on using a thrid party tool that SquareEnix clearly says not to to a person who is relativly unknown?

You are basically putting up a sign to SquareEnix saying "Hi, I want you to ban me for the most useless thing possible, like creating a glitch, have everyone use it without realizing it, and banning certain people for the glitch but really, banning those who admited using windower."

Still....
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-25 03:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Why are people admiting on using a thrid party tool that SquareEnix clearly says not to to a person who is relativly unknown?

You are basically putting up a sign to SquareEnix saying "Hi, I want you to ban me for the most useless thing possible, like creating a glitch, have everyone use it without realizing it, and banning certain people for the glitch but really, banning those who admited using windower."

Still....

To put it simply: SE can't do a thing about anything posted here. They do not own this website, therefore it's not up to them what happens to people who post stuff here.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-25 03:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Becuase people can say whatever they want and not get in trouble for the things they say they do just by saying them. Theres forum entries for salvage dupes for 2 years... theres even some where people claim to be the leaders of it and have all or almost all salvage gear and yet only got temp banned. While people who didnt have a clue what was going on like say some buyers who werent even logged in got perma banned. Really if anything sounds like the more you say the less likely youll get in trouble. Though on the game I'm slightly more reluctant to say stuff now. Seeing as SE has shown that yes they can and will review years of chat logs to help place blame.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-25 03:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't blame me for being causious (you might say I'm paranoid though).

They may not be able to do anything to you now, but they can put a little post-it on your record: Korpg uses Windower, next time he does some ***, LM-17 to him.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fairy.Luckyslick
By Fairy.Luckyslick 2009-04-25 04:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL didn't expect this to flame up like it did. Simple y/n would have done. HA. But ty. Figured it wasn't a big deal, just thought that while I was gone SE got strict, thats when the salvage dupe was taken care of. While afk I never really looked into any of it. Just knew ppl got whacked. And that avatar, the mustache...wtf is that...i can't not look at it. btw, rate down or w/e for this post/comment. Ty for listening.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-25 04:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm....

Looking at the scores here on this one thread.....

How come I'm the only one with negative scores?
[+]
 Fairy.Luckyslick
By Fairy.Luckyslick 2009-04-25 04:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Hmm....

Looking at the scores here on this one thread.....

How come I'm the only one with negative scores?

Ya. U got manhandled. I got a couple for starting thread. guess cuz its a question ur not supposed to ask in public.
but a serious one. i didn't know if SE rolled out some rtard monitoring bs. just glad my thread got ack'd.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-25 04:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw, its the abuse that people give me.

I knew that this scoring system is going to be negative cause of the trolls, just wondered what took them so long.
[+]
First Page 2 3