Anyone Still Use Windower?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Anyone still use windower?
Anyone still use windower?
 Titan.Azarasi
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-04-25 04:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

People need to learn to treat windower like Fight club
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-25 06:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry Korpg we all love you. I still stand by earlier statement/question that implies the vast majority of PC users use windower.
[+]
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-25 06:36:46
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Azarasi said:

THIS^

I've said this over and over in my LS. Whenever someone says something about a windower plugin or does an obvious copy and paste, I simply remind them: HEY! What's the first rule of Fight Club?
 Odin.Kraytos
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2009-04-25 08:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

teh banhammer commeth back?
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-25 08:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw, people assume it won't, until it hits.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-25 08:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Bojack said:
Korpg said:
Mabrook said:
SE doesn't care about windower. If they did, half of FFXI player base would be banned lol, true story.

So instead, they banned most of the best players with Slavage dupe.

Just goes to show you, you can't be the best unless you cheat lol.

A couple of players who got banned cause of it didn't actually dupe, they left after their shell started doing that.

But they still got the hammer cause they were there when it happened.

Guilty by association, ftl...
 Phoenix.Felipe
Server: Phoenix
user: Felipe
By Phoenix.Felipe 2009-04-25 08:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaea said:
Azarasi said:

THIS^

I've said this over and over in my LS. Whenever someone says something about a windower plugin or does an obvious copy and paste, I simply remind them: HEY! What's the first rule of Fight Club?

The first rule of Windower is, you do not talk about Windower.
The second rule of Windower is, you DO NOT talk about Windower.

SE has eyes and ears everywhere... <_< >_>
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-04-25 10:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
To tell you the truth, if SE was planning on banning anyone for using Windower, they would have done it a long time ago. The only real offense is that you have it in a window as opposed to fullscreen. But now that SE has their own Windowed mode, they're not banning people for that. Other than the window, the only thing you're guilty of is using a few fancy calculators and stopwatches. Can't get banned for that.

You really think SE wouldn't ban you for your fancy calculators and stopwatches? I'm not so sure. lol But I play on my laptop rarely, I just downloaded the new FDSAJLDFKJAFKLDJFAKL <-- guess what i said there. ;P But I can't get banned for using a windower on a 360. haha
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-04-25 10:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Hmm....

Looking at the scores here on this one thread.....

How come I'm the only one with negative scores?

idk I gave you a + to try to even it out lol

But yeah... the SE windower seriously slowed my computer down like nobody's business. one of the reasons i play mainly on my 360 unless i'm on campus.
 Ramuh.Shikaku
Server: Ramuh
user: don114
By Ramuh.Shikaku 2009-04-26 07:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaea said:
Kool kids use Windower. You want to be kool, don't you? DON'T YOU!

*start using windower* haha only kool kids use windower fasho xD
 Asura.Slamm
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-04-26 18:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

most windower plugins are already sent to the client, SE is just too lazy to let you see it, like distance tparty..

those 2 are just displayed on the screen in simple text, wouldn't be hard for SE to implement it, would take them maybe 10mins.

when SE says ps2 limitations it rly means "im sorry we are too lazy"
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-04-26 18:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Azarasi said:

rule number 1..you do not talk about fight club
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-26 19:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Slamm said:

when SE says ps2 limitations it rly means "im sorry we are too lazy"

Not lazy, they just don't wanna admit that 3rd party developers made a better work than them, that's it. Adding something would be like recognizing that they did a mistake by not letting players see stuff like distance etc... SE is too proud for that.

How long did it took for SE to finally admit that a PC is a multitasking environment and therefore that a user should be allowed to play FF XI while doing something else (= windowed mode). Took them 5 years.
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-26 19:30:53

Felipe said:
Gaea said:
Azarasi said:

THIS^

The first rule of Windower is, you do not talk about Windower.
The second rule of Windower is, you DO NOT talk about Windower.

SE has eyes and ears everywhere... <_< >_>

you broke both rules since you talked about windowers

Oh Nooooes

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-26 19:41:30

Bartimaeus said:
SE hires a GM for every person in game, so that they can read through every log and look for stuff we did wrong. It's why they never answer our calls.

or

SE has a list of keywords that get flagged every time someone says one of them, and then Nobuo Uematsu shows up at your door, summons the power of the heavens and smites your face with the planet Jupiter.

User submitted image

Its true o.o

/hides
 Asura.Slamm
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-04-27 10:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

nah im sure its just cos they are lazy, they did finally add their gimp autosort thing.

look how long it takes them to do other stuff like cor blu and pup af2, took a few years to add a couple pieces >.> no way that is anything other than laziness
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-04-27 11:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
SE has a list of keywords that get flagged every time someone says one of them, and then Nobuo Uematsu shows up at your door, summons the power of the heavens and smites your face with the planet Jupiter.

HOLY ***. CAN I HUG HIM BEFORE HE DOES THAT??? Because his music is just beyond epic. ALL of it. Especially FFIV. and FFVIII. and FFVII. and... FFVI. OMG. ALL OF IT.
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-27 11:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

SE will never ban because of Windower. If they did they would lose a lot of business considering 98% of the people I know who play this game us it.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-27 11:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lolAnye... You're so silly. :P

Yeah... I don't talk about Windower in-game. Just on the off-chance that someone GM's me for something and they look at the logs.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-04-27 11:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

XD thanks Tbest <3

I try not to myself, but I'll let it slip by accident, occassionally. I haven't gotten kirred yet ;D
[+]
 Hades.Spoon
Server: Hades
user: Spoon
By Hades.Spoon 2009-04-27 11:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so off the subject of windower programs. What would be a good place to visit if one were to perchance want to peruse possible additional attachments to software that wasn't FFXI? Lets say, I needed something that could tell me when a 2hr time span would have passed since the last 2hr time span, where might one go for that? Again, this is entirely hypothetical and not referring to FFXI...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-04-27 11:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower - Recast plugin
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-27 11:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, nice Spoon. One piece of said software is at http://www.windower.net >.>

All of the plugins are on the left-hand side. You can also learn more about them in the forums there.
[+]
 Hades.Spoon
Server: Hades
user: Spoon
By Hades.Spoon 2009-04-27 11:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, thank you. That would be totally helpful if this question weren't a hypothetical. But it, of course, is. Still, thanks :P
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-04-27 11:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Spoon said:
Okay, so off the subject of windower programs. What would be a good place to visit if one were to perchance want to peruse possible additional attachments to software that wasn't FFXI? Lets say, I needed something that could tell me when a 2hr time span would have passed since the last 2hr time span, where might one go for that? Again, this is entirely hypothetical and not referring to FFXI...

http://windower.net... It has nothing to do with FFXI I promise.

Seriously though, if SE added longer macros (like 20 lines or so), tparty, and updated their radar or added distance, I'd (think about) not using windower. I mean, they'd also have to improve their windowed mode, add recast, timestamp and status timer.

I don't feel guilty at all about using windower, I really only use it for the windowed mode and so that I don't need to use 3 macros for every action, the rest are just really nice to have. I feel a little guilty every time I type //fillmode though... but damn, it's just so handy to have in nyzul isle.

Oh, and as Jaerik said last time someone brought this issue up, the guys behind windower are also the guys behind this site, so admitting that you use windower is about as bad as visiting this site to say that you don't use it *shrug*
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-04-27 11:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

damn you fast posting people, foiled yet again
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-27 12:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You know... They have this WONDERFUL feature in the forum that allows you to EDIT your posts instead of double-posting. =)

You're welcome Spoon. Glad to help with the hypothetical situation.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-27 12:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Slamm said:
look how long it takes them to do other stuff like cor blu and pup af2, took a few years to add a couple pieces >.> no way that is anything other than laziness

Items are completely unrelated, that's a part of their business plan :p They don't want you to have everything right away; that's why you have to wait between jobs release and corresponding AF release, or add-ons release and quests/event release. That's also why drop rate sux in most of events, forcing you to attend several months (or even years) in order to get your items. They're just buying time by delaying release of items (such as AF) or Salvage sets... Speaking of which, how long did it take to SE to add Salvage or Ein ?

Do you really think that SE devs are paid for nothing, and just lazy, too busy playing Dissidia on their PSP instead of coding our *** :p ? They know what they're doing.

As for the auto-sort thing, well light luggage could do this too (and do more), so again it took long for SE to add this functionally just because adding something means you "forgot" something in the first place = admitting your mistakes.

Couple of days ago when magic resistance was *** up, SE didn't even admit it until the day prior the fix, while players reported it on day 1. SE just too proud and hate to say "sorry we messed up".
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-04-27 12:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
You know... They have this WONDERFUL feature in the forum that allows you to EDIT your posts instead of double-posting. =)

You're welcome Spoon. Glad to help with the hypothetical situation.

You know, I have this wonderful facility to not give a crap.
[+]