First Page 2 3
 Valefor.Hayleyrose
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Tyurru
By Valefor.Hayleyrose 2011-10-13 08:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello :)

I recently got Twashtar 85 for my Dancer spent weeks upon weeks getting it xD I know i should of got a Ukon like some may say as i do have 95 Warrior but <3 Dancer lol, anyway last night we where doing 100 scales for my Twashtar and a Friends Ukon i got my scales first so i went to help him out and test out my weapon, now Im a novice to Rudra's i was outputting 800-1100 with RR, SS and Apoco, I tried with the new "Ternary Flourish" not effective and I saw it doesn't stack with "Wild Flourish" so my best way was to use Rudra's and with Aftermath use Evisceration to skill darkness.

My current WS build from Evisceration

If you could help my with anything to improve my build and damage for this weapon it would be much appreciated, what sub weapons, any new gear etc?

Thank you for your time and help :)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-13 08:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Rancor Collar, any Kila +3 offhand (STR/Atk preferred), anything other than Suppa (Aesir Ear Pendant if you can), Loki's Kaftan, AF3+2 hands, and Atheling Mantle.

Also, you should be using Climactic with Rudra's.
[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-13 08:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Rudra is non-crit WS.
And hence, the bestcorrect way to use it to stack with Climactic Flourish to enforce critical hit.

TP bonus fusetto offhand to increase your damage, Loki's Kaftan instead of Charis Casaque +2, elemental gorget, Atheling mantle, Rajas if you have it, Aesir ear pendant instead of Suppanomimi.

EDIT: beaten by Byrth by a minute.
By Nevill 2011-10-13 08:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just gonna say Pm Byrth :P
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-13 08:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, the advice I gave was for Evisceration. You can make all the same changes with Rudra's, and then use Justicair's or Love Torque over Rancor Collar. You also want to use AF3+2 head if you're WSing with Climactic Flourish.
 Asura.Vrytreya
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-13 08:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Rancor Collar
is Critical hit rate + , not crit hit damage+ right?
With Climactic, isn't that useless?

Also I just remembered that you should use Charis Tiara +1/+2 instead of Aias bonnet (since you're using Climactic anyway)

EDIT: Now beaten by 2 secs. Stop copying my mind!
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-13 08:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Brutal on left would be biggest improvement. And Epona's/Rajas is still a good choice for WS too. Also if you're using saber dance, don't use apoc atma, replace it with gnarled horn or dark depths.

Grats on your Twashtar though.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Hayleyrose
By Valefor.Hayleyrose 2011-10-13 10:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fell inlove with the Aftermath when i did a 1202 Crit on DNC o.O
and finally hitting 5k :) ty for the advice
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-13 10:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You got a nice set proc+ODD, still fun to see though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Phetty
Server: Bismarck
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2011-10-13 10:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright I've be wanting to ask about Rudra on DNC. Why do people say Climatic is better then a self darkness skillchain? Just wondering because that's been the reason I want to make one. Or really how much does Rudra do on it's own without Climatic and with it that makes it better.
 Valefor.Hayleyrose
By Valefor.Hayleyrose 2011-10-13 10:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phetty said: »
Alright I've be wanting to ask about Rudra on DNC. Why do people say Climatic is better then a self darkness skillchain? Just wondering because that's been the reason I want to make one. Or really how much does Rudra do on it's own without Climatic and with it that makes it better.

Because it makes it hit from 800 to about 5k :D
 Bismarck.Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2011-10-13 10:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright thanks. Didn't know Rudra did such low damage without being forced to critical. I was really hoping it would be better then that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-10-13 10:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phetty said: »

Its not better, not worse. That's 2 completely different aspects. You can Climatic both WS's of the skillchain
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-13 10:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignoring cases where I miss the first hit, Rudra's with a TP Bonus Fusetto and no Climactic goes from 900 damage to 1.8k for me outside Abyssea against EP monsters (Dynamis, etc). I'd say the average is around 1.2k.

On the same monsters with the same buffs and everything, Dancing Edge is averaging 1700ish, with a range of about 1500~2400. More reliable and higher damage.

1700 (DE) + 1700 (DE) + 1105 (skillchain) = 4505
1200 (RS) + 1500 (Evis) + 1950 (skillchain) = 4650

So in the end, I just stick with Dancing Edge. Even if these aren't the exact numbers, they're close and Dancing Edge is more reliable.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-13 10:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

does that account for STR Kila offhand?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-13 10:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm mostly comparing STR Kila for the DEs and fTP Fusetto for the Rudra/Evisc, but it's obviously not Climactic'd.

It's kind of impossible to use a full Climactic'd Rudra's -> Rudra's outside Abyssea except on NMs... unless one misses the first hit =p
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-13 10:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The ODD wouldn't make up for it the small decrease in WS damage?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-13 10:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

ODD against what? You just did 4500 damage to your target and now it's time to find a new one. You've only got 30 seconds of ODD following a 100TP WS, many of which will be wasted waiting for your current monster to finish dying to Evisceration and then running to the next one. The only way ODD really matters in that situation is if you miss Rudra's main hit and land the offhand.

If you're fighting an NM, it's probably not a bad idea to use Rudra's -> Evisc for Darkness. If you're moving from trash monster to trash monster in Dynamis, Einherjar, Salvage, Limbus, Nyzul Isle, etc., you might as well just spam Dancing Edge.

If you're fighting a mix of NMs and trash monsters, it's a personal call but I'd go with a STR Kila +2 offhand.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-13 10:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant on NMs mostly, where you'd be engaged for a moderate amount of time.
By Darkzeru 2011-10-13 17:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question.
Most of my Rudra's last night where 4.1k on Average with climactic and Red Curry Bun. (I don't have loki and some other stuff yet to make it better) I have full +2 though :P

But as far as making a Darkness Macro
Traditionally mine was (before Twashtar) was
Pyrrhic Kleos > Reverse Flourish > Evisceration = Darkness

But since Rudra is rather meh without Climatic how should I do Darkness Macro now?

Since it would seem like you'd have to do No Foot Rise > Reverse Flourish to pull it off but unsure if that delay would still make Darkness. (my NFR is 5/5) Although I'm guessin force crit'n Evis would be kind pointless.....

Or would I be better off just Using Rudra's Storm twice?
 Bismarck.Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2011-10-13 20:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be able to skillchain even with no foot rise I've done it before. But I'd guess using Rudra in place of Kleos might be better if Aftermath can happen on weaponskills.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-10-13 20:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy mode way when im lazy is climatic > nfr > presto step > rudra > rf > rudra
By Darkzeru 2011-10-14 00:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm assuming that Climatic Rudra > Climatic Rudra = Darkness does more damage then Climatic Rudra > (lol)Climatic Evi = Darkness ?
 Asura.Arthuruss
user: PAD13772
By Asura.Arthuruss 2011-10-14 04:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally made a macro i do:

Evi(wait 4) --> reverse(wait 1)--> Step(wait 1) --> climactic(wait 2)--> Rudra --> Darkness
 Valefor.Hayleyrose
By Valefor.Hayleyrose 2011-10-17 09:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Climatic - Rudra's 5950 - No Foot Rise - Reverse - Rudra's 6230 - Darkness ??? Profit

Climatic will last both WS's
By Darkzeru 2011-10-17 13:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Hayleyrose said: »
Climatic - Rudra's 5950 - No Foot Rise - Reverse - Rudra's 6230 - Darkness ??? Profit Climatic will last both WS's
I attempted this yetsterday.. one time it actually worked while others I'd swing in between JAs and climactic would wear before the 2nd Rudra.....

Of course I've never hit over 4.5k yet lol
My WS set for rudra is lacking....like I need to get loki...and probably wont get it but...love torque....Thundersoul ring (possibly) just some stuff to amp it up some more
By Darkzeru 2011-10-17 13:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to assume that which ever elemental gorget/belt you use doesn't make a difference as long as it's represented by that element?
(soil,shadow,snow,aqua,etc)
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-10-17 13:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkzeru said: »
I'm going to assume that which ever elemental gorget/belt you use doesn't make a difference as long as it's represented by that element?
(soil,shadow,snow,aqua,etc)

"Latent effect

Active when using any Weapon Skill with a Skillchain attribute of Scission (and, by extension, Gravitation)
Increases fTP multiplier by +0.1 and adds some amount of accuracy to all hits of the Weapon Skill.

Scission is a Level 1 Skillchain (or Renkei), composed of the Earth Element.
Gravitation is a Level 2 Skillchain (or Renkei), composed of Darkness and Earth Elements."

Shadowbelt works for both Evisceration & Rudra's Storm.
Soil Gorget, Aqua Gorget, & Snow Gorget work for Pyrrhic Kleos.

Personally, I'd use a Cuchulain's Belt.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-20 00:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people claim that Shadow/Light work for Light/Darkness attribute WS, but other say they don't. I haven't tested it, nor seen conclusive testing. I do know that, for example, Aqua won't work for a Darkness/Fusion WS.

Rudra's Storm is Darkness/Distortion, and by extention Aqua, Snow, and *maybe* Shadow work for it (but Soil definitely does not).

If you absolutely must use elemental belts/gorgets for Rudra's Storm, stick with Aqua/Snow since they definitely work, unless someone else can vouch that Shadow actually works. Snow belt / snow gorget are two of the easiest to get, IMO.

Soil gorget will work for all other relevant dagger WS (PK, DE, Evis, AE).

In none of these cases are gorgets/belts the best option.
First Page 2 3