Rudra's Help on DNC
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-26 09:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
ODD against what? You just did 4500 damage to your target and now it's time to find a new one. You've only got 30 seconds of ODD following a 100TP WS, many of which will be wasted waiting for your current monster to finish dying to Evisceration and then running to the next one. The only way ODD really matters in that situation is if you miss Rudra's main hit and land the offhand.

If you're fighting an NM, it's probably not a bad idea to use Rudra's -> Evisc for Darkness. If you're moving from trash monster to trash monster in Dynamis, Einherjar, Salvage, Limbus, Nyzul Isle, etc., you might as well just spam Dancing Edge.

If you're fighting a mix of NMs and trash monsters, it's a personal call but I'd go with a STR Kila +2 offhand.
I got 30 coins of birth now, but after reading and thinking your statement again and again. Isn't Daka +2 just good enough if I just use my DNC soloing mostly?

It seems self-darkness with CF'd Rudra ending require a lot of setting-up time that the overhead will probably cost you the same amount of damage you could do if you just spam DE/Evis via steps and RF.

And for a single CF'd rudra, in abyssea, the damage is too high that the mob is probably dead on next hit anyway, making the only 10-12 secs of 30secs aftermath effective on next monster. (Got this so many times when using Almace).

Add: Now after I wrote that it seems Rudra weapons becoming more like a situational weapon rather than the ultimate weapon just like the other Empyrean/WoE weapons.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-26 12:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'd say that's a fair appraisal. I'm not sure what a Daka +2 is worth in the long run. It might be good for some fights, but the utility (and DPS) of elemental magians is hard to give up. If you're not going to make it a Daka +3 (Devious Die prices are climbing on Lakshmi), then I'd probably use a Kila +3 for almost everything. STR Kila +3 has a lot better DPS than a Daka +2, especially outside Abyssea where fSTR matters.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-26 13:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
outside Abyssea where fSTR matters.

This is somewhat off-topic, but I would just like to chime in and say that Boost-STR is my favorite spell of all time.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-26 13:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That and Horde Lullaby II are the only two new spells I've considered buying. I think I'd really like the damage boost from Boost-STR in Dynamis, to the point that I can almost justify the 700k price tag. My mule's Enhancing magic is almost capped, too.
 Asura.Loneshadow
Server: Asura
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-10-26 14:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I use this on DNC for Rudra's, Fusetto+3 is TP Bonus+100 and its offhanded.

Need +2 Bangles, any other suggestions?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-26 14:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Atheling Mantle and 25 TP Bonus Moonshade earring.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-10-26 14:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loneshadow said: »
I use this on DNC for Rudra's, Fusetto+3 is TP Bonus+100 and its offhanded.

Need +2 Bangles, any other suggestions?

try and get a Augemented ring(+6 Dex +6 Attack) from Abyss-Attow. It'll be a marginal diff on dmg. but still an improvement.

Sadly dnc doesnt have access to heca gear so the dmg rating will still suck compared to THF. so always eat Red Curry Buns or Roasted/Broiled Pipira.

EDIT: Atheling vs Nifty. Not a huge diff. since the ws sucks if not crit'd the extra attack round athleing would make is not even noticable.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-11-02 02:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

question about dual wield here.

When weaponskilling with dual wield there is an extra attack included right? does it function just like a double attack, with a ftp of 1.0

sooooooo like

Main hit of rudras + dual wield extra hit 1.0?

sorry for the EXTREMELY noob question but i cant seem to find a reliable answer on wiki :/
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-02 03:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

main hit + 1.0 ftp possible double/triple attack + 1.0 ftp dual wield hit + 1.0 ftp possible double/triple attack
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-11-02 12:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
main hit + 1.0 ftp possible double/triple attack + 1.0 ftp dual wield hit + 1.0 ftp possible double/triple attack

i dont mean to suck up or anything but you, byrth ninian and asymptotic always are a joy to read

thank you
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-02 16:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

^^ ty, sorry i've been away for the most part, im having problems with finances and jobs in the area that im in suck, i think iirc that unemployment rate in my area is 17%
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-11-02 16:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

^^ ty, sorry i've been away for the most part, im having problems with finances and jobs in the area that im in suck, i think iirc that unemployment rate in my area is 17%

You levelled DNC. Strip.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-02 18:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

whatever to pay the bills
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-11-03 00:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

you are the 17%?
with your mind thats hard to imagine :x but situational ***is situational right? XD ive learned that much atleast, cant help what your born into! can only help how you grow outta it
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [157 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Forgivness
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Forgivness 2012-04-08 07:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

hello my friend just got this dagger today just wonted the gear to be right for it, looking for a little advice on this if you could please, she not really a fan of triles as i have to do most on them, but could prolly work on her to do them heres the gear set she has atm any help would be great thanks

also have af3+2 head & Aias Bonnet
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-04-08 12:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I just recently asked for this in "The Last Dance" thread! Here's a link to the post

Byrth's R.Sorm set
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Burkey
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-05-11 09:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

necro bump again~

ive actually noticed it for awhile just never bothered doing anything or asking about it BUT..sometimes, and honestly more like 1/4 of the time i rudras using climactic+nfr+rf etc etc all that darkness sc jazz..rudras does ~250dmg. is it not entirely missing but its sortve missing? its really frustrating when you break a good rudras then close with a 250 one so your darkness is only 250.

anyone seen this ?

id like to think my acc is capped, and to note that this ~250 damage is universal for any family of mob be is pdt crabs or weak colibri etc.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-11 09:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

5% of the time your first hit misses.

5% of the time, any hit misses even at capped accuracy.

Confirmation bias, etc.
 Carbuncle.Burkey
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-05-11 09:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

Confirmation bias, etc.
thats annoying but thanks for the info/opinion. i must be really unlucky then, no surprise there (voidwatch)
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-11 10:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »

Confirmation bias, etc.
thats annoying but thanks for the info/opinion. i must be really unlucky then, no surprise there (voidwatch)

Still should be acc capped on your first hit.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [122 days between previous and next post]
By Voren 2012-09-10 11:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to revive a dead thread, but I have a suggestion for those wanting a solid forced crit Rudra's without fear of CF wearing:

Presto - Feather Step = 3 Finishers.

Allow Step to reset

Now for the fun:

Feather Step - Climactic Flourish - Rudra's - No Foot Rise - Reverse Flourish - Rudra's = Both Rudra's are forced to crit and you get Darkness.

Since I use Charis Bangles +2 for weapon skills I have them on prior to even hitting my first weapon skill. I don't yet have Rudra's, but the same thing applies to Pyrrhic Kleos - Evisceration.

Yes it's faster to use a Presto - Step - Cf - Rudra's, but why limit your abilities to being in a smaller window. You can only use No foot rise every 3 minutes, might want to make it count the first time and not muck about.

The rest of the time I don't worry about CF mainly because I use it first thing, but also because forced crit or not you're getting bonus damage from the Darkness Skillchain.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-09-10 11:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you aren't a slowpoke you can force crit both rudras off of a 3 FM-based CF. You should get into the habit of doing it this way for when you have NFR/Wings in VW instead of waiting 15 seconds to get the extra FM since that is a lot of idle time in there.

Then again if NFR and wings are both available you cant get in 3 off a 5FM start, but that also requires good reaction time/item usage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-09-10 12:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't this like really really old news?
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-09-10 12:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dova said: »
Isn't this like really really old news?

About 122 days old I'd wager.
 Lakshmi.Madone
By Lakshmi.Madone 2012-09-10 12:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Feather Step - Climactic Flourish - Rudra's - No Foot Rise - Reverse Flourish - Rudra's = Both Rudra's are forced to crit and you get Darkness.

or you can open rudras close with evis makes more dmg for me usually and still make darkness
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-09-10 12:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No real reason to use feather over box, since rudra's is a force crit.

/pendantry
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-09-10 12:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
No real reason to use feather over box, since rudra's is a force crit.

/pendantry
And if attack is capped, no real reason to box step.
By Voren 2012-09-10 13:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I could get use to it for VW, but for those like me who only use DNC to solo due to being on either PLD, DRK, or WAR for VW I figured I'd give my 2 cents and see the fall out.

Some forget that you may not always have temps, meds, etc at your disposal, especially when soloing, thus my CPR on this thread.

Also, any Step is going to help, but if the target's crit evasion is lowered and you're forcing a crit you'll be doing that mich more damage, or so I've noticed as I've tried various options as I'm sure any of you have. Each to their own imo, but then again, like I said, I don't yet have Rudra's so I can't make that informed opinion as to damage, just the mechanics of solo skillchaining was all I was refering to.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-09-16 13:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
No real reason to use feather over box, since rudra's is a force crit. /pendantry
And if attack is capped, no real reason to box step.

uh

what is more likely

DNC capping attack, or DNC having a 100% chance to crit WHILE USING AN ABILITY THAT GIVES IT 100% CHANCE TO CRIT