Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-31 23:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
obv brd songs couldn't hit an entire alliance without severely limiting endgame bard slots

would also cause trouble with mage, dd parties etc.

all of that goes without saying

i'm more concerned about durtiesweat being the absolute worst name i have ever seen :(

Imagine having to see it every time you log in :(

it'd be sufficient incentive to switch server for new name, or buy a new account that's for sure

Hmmm.... you would think that because your ignorant to its meaning. Not you fault. As far as your request to change it, request denied and thats for sure.

But we digress...

also the your/you're thing adds to the cringe factor

you are the linguistic equivalent of nails scraping down a chalkboard in an infinite loop D:
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-05-31 23:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell the only job that CAN alliance buff, is SCH, and even then, they need a stratagem to do so.... So even the one job, that can actually do it, is limited in its ability to do so. Brd shouldn't be able to do so as well. Would just be silly, for the very balance issues, already stated a couple times here...
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
Server: Shiva
user: Durtie
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 23:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
obv brd songs couldn't hit an entire alliance without severely limiting endgame bard slots

i'm more concerned about durtiesweat being the absolute worst name i have ever seen :(

it'd be sufficient incentive to switch server for new name, or buy a new account that's for sure

Hmmm.... you would think that because your ignorant to its meaning. Not you fault. As far as your request to change it, request denied and thats for sure.

But we digress...

also the your/you're thing adding to the cringe factor

you are the linguistic equivalent of nails scraping down a chalkboard in an infinite loop D:

Deal with it!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-31 23:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

But we digress...

Deal with it!

so long as you're aware of your crimes against the english language

i've done all i can do ;_;
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 23:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

But we digress...

Deal with it!

so long as you're aware of your crimes against the english language

i've done all i can do ;_;

Yea, you should be rewarded... want a cookie?

Brd across alliance is not doable because of yours or whatever reason. But as a brd seeing alliance members fall because i cant help them drove me to this rant. All the other stuff, well haters gonna hate.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-05-31 23:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're subbing /whm all the time, how can you NOT help them? you can shell and cure and pro across alliance members no...?
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 23:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
if you're subbing /whm all the time, how can you NOT help them? you can shell and cure and pro across alliance members no...?

yes, but pro/shell II for lvl 90 no use esp. with whm in party.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-05-31 23:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If there is a designated whm for that party, why are they dropping like flies then? I'm quite confused honestly... I haven't played in awhile, but the last time I even came CLOSE to whiping on anything, was a low-man aby zone bosses run, because we didn't have a lot of people and some people were dying to bosses at 1% (due to lame back to back big AOEs) so we had to kite with mnks and such lol.... and when I say low man I mean like 5-7 people tops and some just sat there for boss kill credit..
 Cerberus.Kiori
Server: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-05-31 23:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Yeah, thats partly the logic i am using... The thing is when you compare the buffs like protect and shell, im like but you can cast outside the party... Not saying it should be changed perhaps for balance purposes, just saying it doesnt seem right that i cand do nothing for my alliance members at all brd related.

Maybe it would be a nice ja in the future. why not?
Protect and Shell and Protectra and Shellra are different spells entirely. They are single target, as in the buff songs for brd (minus the stat raising one) are all AOE. You can only compare the bard buffing songs to the Pro/Shellras, which can't be casted outside of party...let alone themselves...AND they are stronger then the single target pro and shell.
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 23:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
If there is a designated whm for that party, why are they dropping like flies then? I'm quite confused honestly... I haven't played in awhile, but the last time I even came CLOSE to whiping on anything, was a low-man aby zone bosses run, because we didn't have a lot of people and some people were dying to bosses at 1% (due to lame back to back big AOEs) so we had to kite with mnks and such lol.... and when I say low man I mean like 5-7 people tops and some just sat there for boss kill credit..

Idk... But Carol 2's and Scherzo helps my party alot where it doesnt help the alliance.
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 23:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kiori said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Yeah, thats partly the logic i am using... The thing is when you compare the buffs like protect and shell, im like but you can cast outside the party... Not saying it should be changed perhaps for balance purposes, just saying it doesnt seem right that i cand do nothing for my alliance members at all brd related.

Protect and Shell and Protectra and Shellra are different spells entirely. They are single target, as in the buff songs for brd (minus the stat raising one) are all AOE. You can only compare the bard buffing songs to the Pro/Shellras, which can't be casted outside of party...let alone themselves...AND they are stronger then the single target pro and shell.

I didnt know this about buff vs buffra's... thanks
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-05-31 23:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

bar spells work just as well (well ya know what i mean...a good whm can get massive numbers on a bar spell with the right gear and such...) and i dont honestly remember what that other song does... i want to say thats the "migiwari" type song, where you don't get 1 hit KO'd if you take more than your max hp in 1 hit? is that about right?
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-05-31 23:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Cerberus.Kiori said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:

WHM merits can make them stronger, and i've generally noticed a higher defense with my protectra 5 compared to protect 5. being said... it sucks for brds they can't cast out side of party, but for what you can do in your party is very good.
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-05-31 23:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kiori said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Cerberus.Kiori said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:

WHM merits can make them stronger, and i've generally noticed a higher defense with my protectra 5 compared to protect 5. being said... it sucks for brds they can't cast out side of party, but for what you can do in your party is very good.

True indeed. Its not that I want it to be done, its just that I wish it could be done. Thinking outside the box, even a little it seems is ill-advised apparently, but I just want to help.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-05-31 23:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

sure it CAN be done...but mainly this thread is definitely you rationalizing it SHOULD be done.... its not you "thinking outside the box..." come on now mate... everybody here is giving you clear reasons why it shouldn't be done... your logic about "people being able to hear songs" is just....well come on, its rather silly don't you think? ya think SE didn't think of that in the almost 10 years this game has been around? clearly it wasn't implemented for logical reasons, and some of the people here have stated some pretty good ones
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-05-31 23:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Cerberus.Kiori said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Cerberus.Kiori said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:

True indeed. Its not that I want it to be done, its just that I wish it could be done. Thinking outside the box, even a little it seems is ill-advised apparently, but I just want to help.
I understand this, but brd would be overpowered if it were to actually be able to cast on other parties with it's AOE songs. If you could Piantissimo (sp?) I don't think it would be over powered though.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-05-31 23:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Cerberus.Kiori said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:

This is only true in the case of a merited whm's Protectra V and shellra V. Protectra, II, III and IV do not get those bonuses. The only advantage for non merited ra spells is that it is the same mp cost for being able to buff several people. Cast time is a bit higher as well.

Initial Protectra V does 60 def and each merit over the first gives you 2 extra def which gives a total of 8 more def and is generally considered useless since most prefer other Group 2 merit choices.

Shellra on the other hand provides a set -MDT which takes a percent out of the damage a spell deals to your party. It starts as a set 24.2% reduction with one merit and increases by .8% with each merit capping at a total of 27.34%. With the high numbers nuke damage can do, this seemingly small amount can add up quickly. Unlike 8 points of def.
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-06-01 00:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
sure it CAN be done...but mainly this thread is definitely you rationalizing it SHOULD be done.... its not you "thinking outside the box..." come on now mate... everybody here is giving you clear reasons why it shouldn't be done... your logic about "people being able to hear songs" is just....well come on, its rather silly don't you think? ya think SE didn't think of that in the almost 10 years this game has been around? clearly it wasn't implemented for logical reasons, and some of the people here have stated some pretty good ones

I conformed to that fact but just because you keep on suggesting that is my only logic dont make you right. I even agreed with the troubadour suggestion but you still felt the need to just go off of that 1 thing alone. Whats the point of beating a dead horse, especially when all you want to do is insult me? Am i right?
 Carbuncle.Hatfield
Server: Carbuncle
user: Hatfield
By Carbuncle.Hatfield 2011-06-01 00:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said:
are brd pt swaps unheard of?

Shut up Xen dont remind them! xD
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-01 00:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pianissimo, not troubadour.

Learn your job.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-01 00:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Idk... But Carol 2's and Scherzo helps my party alot where it doesnt help the alliance.

Please don't use Carol 2's and Scherzos outside of very specific situations.

95% of the time your party (Including mages) are benefiting from marches more than ballads, mambos, <insert any song here>

Maybe drop a ballad III on a BLM if he's HMPing.
[+]
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-06-01 00:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Not arguing about protectra and shellra, however you can still cast these buffs outside a party (Protect and shell). I like what you said about maybe with troubadour, but im saying not at all is suspicious considering the fact its a song.

I never said it is gimped, I said it seems gimped... I appreciate your feedback but you dont seem to listen(read) very well. (see how I used the word seem again)

These are buff spells and it doesnt seem right for them to be limited to just self and/or party member.
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Because it would make BRD even more overpowered, make the game easier (Which is not a card I normally play, but really...) and also make it so only one BRD is necessary for a full alliance seeing as marches are the only useful songs inside Abyssea. (And Ballads... I guess)

I dont see the problem lol. Its a brd. Dont get me wrong (like you love to do) I hear you with the overpowered thing. It just bothers me that there is no way i can support anyone, brd wise, outside my own party under any circumstance. Not even with troubadour or pianissimo.

Both... learn to read. Btw are saying i dont know my job? How would you know? If it is form these forums please refer to 1st quote.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-01 00:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I was insulting? Well I don't think I called you any particular names mate, but I'm sorry if you got offended..... And people also said that letting them pianissimo, would be kind of pointless, honestly...just get a 2nd brd.... *shrug* oh well...whatever mate... just sayin, that other people have clearly stated why this shouldn't be, and you think I was the one that was being insulting? sorry man, if you got offended by me...
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-06-01 00:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

95% of the time your party (Including mages) are benefiting from marches more than ballads, mambos, <insert any song here>

dont worry about me, i got this... you do you.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-01 00:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Not arguing about protectra and shellra, however you can still cast these buffs outside a party (Protect and shell). I like what you said about maybe with troubadour, but im saying not at all is suspicious considering the fact its a song.

I never said it is gimped, I said it seems gimped... I appreciate your feedback but you dont seem to listen(read) very well. (see how I used the word seem again)

These are buff spells and it doesnt seem right for them to be limited to just self and/or party member.
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Because it would make BRD even more overpowered, make the game easier (Which is not a card I normally play, but really...) and also make it so only one BRD is necessary for a full alliance seeing as marches are the only useful songs inside Abyssea. (And Ballads... I guess)

I dont see the problem lol. Its a brd. Dont get me wrong (like you love to do) I hear you with the overpowered thing. It just bothers me that there is no way i can support anyone, brd wise, outside my own party under any circumstance. Not even with troubadour or pianissimo.

Both... learn to read. Btw are saying i dont know my job? How would you know? If it is form these forums please refer to 1st quote.

Do you really want me to list off the many reasons I have for telling you to learn your job?
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-06-01 00:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I was insulting? Well I don't think I called you any particular names mate, but I'm sorry if you got offended..... And people also said that letting them pianissimo, would be kind of pointless, honestly...just get a 2nd brd.... *shrug* oh well...whatever mate... just sayin, that other people have clearly stated why this shouldn't be, and you think I was the one that was being insulting? sorry man, if you got offended by me...

I wasnt offended by you, idk who was insulting the name. no need to apologize im not bothered or offended.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-01 00:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

dont worry about me, i got this... you do you.

I'm sorry, I naturally have an aversion to bards being an unique snowflake in lieu of using tried and tested methods.
[+]
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-06-01 00:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:

Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Do you really want me to list off the many reasons I have for telling you to learn your job?

I have no idea what your problem is except you really just like to hear yourself talk. I dont care what you do, but since you keep sniffing my ***, you might as well kiss it and tell me what flavor it is while your at it. Push on guy or whatever you call yourself.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-01 00:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:

Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I have no idea what your problem is except you really just like to hear yourself talk. I dont care what you do, but since you keep sniffing my ***, you might as well kiss it and tell me what flavor it is while your at it. Push on guy or whatever you call yourself.

I'll take it you don't want to hear my many reasons for telling you why you're doing it wrong then.
[+]