Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Few suggestions for PUP
Few suggestions for PUP
First Page 2 3 4
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-31 18:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

First off: Give PUP some half-decent gear, dosent have to be hauby, but mayhaps something a bit better that what we do have (which mostly consists of armor with no bonuses, maybe something with even a +1 or +2 to str, or dex, not a whole lot but just a little something, or even more stuff to increase pets acc and such)

Secondly: Fix WHM auto's AI (Healing comes before Erase.....)?

Thirdly: Maybe its just me, and i know that if you engage the enemy and then deploy the auto it keeps its distance on the RNG frame, but its still in most AoE Ranges. How about instead of it auto-adjusting we get a JA called like "Pull Back" or something that takes the Auto out of most AoE ranges, not all, but say gobbie bomb, or Cursed Sphere. Stuff from HNMS and such would still hit em though.

Just a few things i thought up
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-31 18:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Great. Email that to SE.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-31 19:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, I know right? Just sharing thoughts and seeing if anyone else has anything else theyd like to add to it
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-31 19:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Few suggestions for PUP

I got one. Quit!
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-31 19:05:46
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Get rid of Pup and give us another tanking job of some sort >.<
Or even like a Green Mage or something stupid. Nothing can be as useless as a Pup D:
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-03-31 19:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum, grats on 1337 posts!:P

Ontopic: for pup to be usesfull the healing frame AI really need to be fixed.
Atm pup deserves the whole lolpupthing.
 Caitsith.Kavien
Server: Caitsith
user: Kavien
By Caitsith.Kavien 2009-03-31 19:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Quote:
Few suggestions for PUP

I got one. Quit!

I got another one. Dont even try that job, quit.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-03-31 19:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

No offense to pups, but those puppets are scary-looking. Their faces look like that Tom guy off the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Pups themselves I have no troubles with, but dang, the puppets creep me out! o.o

Sorry, pups. Now you can be creeped out by my evil axes or something to make up for it.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-31 19:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP's dont deserve half the bad vibes they get... they aren't gimp by any means, i just though of some minor tweaks that id like to see. People who talk ***about PUPs are the idiots parsing the master without parsing the automaton.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-31 19:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
First off: Give PUP some half-decent gear, dosent have to be hauby, but mayhaps something a bit better that what we do have (which mostly consists of armor with no bonuses, maybe something with even a +1 or +2 to str, or dex, not a whole lot but just a little something, or even more stuff to increase pets acc and such)

Thirdly: Maybe its just me, and i know that if you engage the enemy and then deploy the auto it keeps its distance on the RNG frame, but its still in most AoE Ranges. How about instead of it auto-adjusting we get a JA called like "Pull Back" or something that takes the Auto out of most AoE ranges, not all, but say gobbie bomb, or Cursed Sphere. Stuff from HNMS and such would still hit em though.

Thanks for repeating the same ***thats been asked for by pups for ages. I'm sure SE'll get right on updating that now.

And as a side note, it seems pretty obvious people here never been in a party with a 'good' pup before. 'Tis a shame.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-31 19:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
Kajidourden said:

Thanks for repeating the same ***thats been asked for by pups for ages. I'm sure SE'll get right on updating that now.

And as a side note, it seems pretty obvious people here never been in a party with a 'good' pup before. 'Tis a shame.

Pretty sure nobody's mentioned the last thing, but the first two are pretty prevelant.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-31 19:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There already is an auto-adjusting ability.

Its called Retrieve and Deploy.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-31 19:27:30

Jiko said:

Because that's just impossible. Good and Pup just don't belong in any sentence besides sentences telling how good and Pup don't belong in a sentence.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-31 19:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Jiko said:

Because that's just impossible. Good and Pup just don't belong in any sentence besides sentences telling how good and Pup don't belong in a sentence.

1.3k Stringing Pummel followed by a 1.4k Armour Piercer on greater colibri. Somehow tell me how thats nowhere near good?
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-31 19:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
Haseyo said:
Jiko said:

1.3k Stringing Pummel followed by a 1.4k Armour Piercer on greater colibri. Somehow tell me how thats nowhere near good?

Because hes on the lolpup bandwagon without knowing a damn thing, like the rest of em
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-31 19:31:04

Tsk tsk, need a Mythic WS to be that useful D:

On a side note, {Provoke} {Just used it}
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-31 19:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Tsk tsk, need a Mythic WS to be that useful D:

You're avoiding the question with HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE logic. Stop being stupid.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-31 19:33:51

How? You asked how is that not good. Never said it was bad, but one WS doesn't justify >.>'
And that was on a Colibri >.<
Colibri >.<
Colibri >.<

Colibri >.<

I've partied with a few Pups, mainly because if there isn't any other DD, we resort to a Pup.
I was kidding about the whole "Omg you guys suck" thing, but do face facts, that Pup is a fairly weak job compared to any other DD >.>;
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-31 19:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
How? You asked how is that not good. Never said it was bad, but one WS doesn't justify >.>'
Colibri >.<
Colibri >.<

Colibri >.<

Wow.... did you even read what he just posted? the armor piercer combined with even Howling fist is a considerable amount of damage... so again you make no sense....
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-31 19:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Colibri >.<
Colibro >.<

Colibri >.<

Your reasoning behind the whole thing is that we need a mythic WS to be useful. While that is true in some aspects, Go take a look at some Kirin/Protos/Behemoths etc parses from a good pup, then tell me they havnt placed at least in top 3. Thats without Stringing pummel, mind you..
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-31 19:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:

Yeah, seriously guys. You were trolled. xD
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-31 19:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Colibri >.<
Colibri >.<

Colibri >.<

I've partied with a few Pups, mainly because if there isn't any other DD, we resort to a Pup.
I was kidding about the whole "Omg you guys suck" thing, but do face facts, that Pup is a fairly weak job compared to any other DD >.>;

Also, you're only talking about WS, with a PUP again you have to ADD i know a lot of people dont like to work their brains.... but damage for a PUP is based on two parts, Master... and Auto....
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-31 19:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Haseyo said:

Trolled or not, People give pups a bad name due to the fact nobody is willing to give them a chance to show people what they're capable of.

Granted 90% of pups I've come across are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE beyond compare, If they are serious about it, they can put out some good, consistent numbers.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-31 19:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Haseyo said:

<Word>...
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-31 19:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I know the feeling from Corsair, just don't bite the bait so quickly. All I can do is be the best Corsair I can, which I do a good job at. I honestly couldn't give a flying duck if somebody thinks "lolcor" or not, since I know it owns their miserable excuse for a DD.

If your PUP's the same, ignore the haters, because you don't have to prove it to somebody with PUP at level 0.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-31 19:42:40

Wooooodum said:
Haseyo said:

Someone caught on, lol.
I'm all for you guys getting an update. The fact that there's situations (few by the sounds of things) that makes a Pup awesome (uber expensive gear/pieces, etc) is actually wrong. The fact that a Sam or a War can hit higher numbers without breaking a sweat should tell SE that there should be some improvement. Please don't eat me. >.<

Edit: My Pup is also Lv1 (idk why I even unlocked it >.>)
And Woody, you know "lolCor" will never happen. :P
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-31 19:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I know the feeling from Corsair, just don't bite the bait so quickly. All I can do is be the best Corsair I can, which I do a good job at. I honestly couldn't give a flying duck if somebody thinks "lolcor" or not, since I know it owns their miserable excuse for a DD.

If your PUP's the same, ignore the haters, because you don't have to prove it to somebody with PUP at level 0.

Idk about it owning as a DD job, but its an amazing hybrid between a RNG and a BRD. While it dosent perform as well as either, it does both AT THE SAME TIME which is awesome.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-31 19:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Wooooodum said:
Haseyo said:

Someone caught on, lol.
I'm all for you guys getting an update. The fact that there's situations (few by the sounds of things) that makes a Pup awesome (uber expensive gear/pieces, etc) is actually wrong. The fact that a Sam or a War can hit higher numbers without breaking a sweat should tell SE that there should be some improvement. Please don't eat me. >.<

Edit: My Pup is also Lv1 (idk why I even unlocked it >.>)
And Woody, you know "lolCor" will never happen. :P

And I will totally agree with you. To any endgame event, I'll take my SAM (Or BRD) over PUP simply cause I'm not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Pup's a fun job to play on, but it lacks in comparison to what my sam can do.

But to say that pup is a downright horrible job is the fact that I was arguing.

>>Kaj, I've seen cors do upwards of 2.8k~ in merits before, so its definatly not unheard of.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-31 19:58:07

Oh I was just being a naive troll, I can't say I've seen a horrible Pup because I've only partied with a Pup about twice when I was either Rdm or Whm, so I didn't really care what anyone was doing, as long as he/she was alive. They are awesome in campaign battle.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-31 19:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So, back on topic:

Wooooodum said:
Quote:
Few suggestions for PUP

I got one. Quit!

<3 Trolling!