Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
Haseyo said:
Wooooodum said:
Haseyo said:
On a side note, {Provoke} {Just used it}

Yeah, seriously guys. You were trolled. xD

Someone caught on, lol.
I'm all for you guys getting an update. The fact that there's situations (few by the sounds of things) that makes a Pup awesome (uber expensive gear/pieces, etc) is actually wrong. The fact that a Sam or a War can hit higher numbers without breaking a sweat should tell SE that there should be some improvement. Please don't eat me. >.<

Edit: My Pup is also Lv1 (idk why I even unlocked it >.>)
And Woody, you know "lolCor" will never happen. :P

And I will totally agree with you. To any endgame event, I'll take my SAM (Or BRD) over PUP simply cause I'm not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Pup's a fun job to play on, but it lacks in comparison to what my sam can do.

But to say that pup is a downright horrible job is the fact that I was arguing.

>>Kaj, I've seen cors do upwards of 2.8k~ in merits before, so its definatly not unheard of.

Yes, but compare that to say the top end of a RNG ws... and compare the damage from RA's being spammed and with the occassional snapshot going off with a RNG, etc etc, people dont really seem to see past WS's for some reason...
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-31 20:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So essentially, compare a Yoichinoyumi RNG to an equally pimped, but relicless Corsair, and RNG will win everytime? True, but that is probably because RNG is the best DD in the game when they're top end.

Excluding Salvage and Mythic, my Corsair is more or less capped on damage... It saddens me that even on 70, my Ranger can out damage my Corsair. Saddens me, but then I realise Corsair is, like you said, more than big numbers like Ranger is; I know that no matter how well I gear my RNG out, unless I get a relic, I'll still be going COR to most events.

Whichever I prefer personally depends on how they both perform in campaign and how awesome my Mithra looks in the particular gear. Given the second point, it's most certainly going to be COR! <3
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-31 20:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pup has some good gear in endgame but from 1-70 it's mainly finding whatever sliver of evasion plus this game has to offer.

Pup is fun and unique and does dish out some impressive numbers my only complaint so far from lvling it at low levels is Overdrive.

I've seen what it can do at 75 but at low levels it won't save you. Why couldn't it be Hundred Fists for the automation? Or depending on what body equipped it would change? Like Rng body=Eagle Eye Shot, Rdm body=Chainspell(or manafont/benediction if proper heads on) and Pld body= invincible and harle body= hundred fists
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-31 20:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
So essentially, compare a Yoichinoyumi RNG to an equally pimped, but relicless Corsair, and RNG will win everytime? True, but that is probably because RNG is the best DD in the game when they're top end.

No, i never mentioned Relics, so dont bother trying to put words in my mouth.... BUT like I said before Cor is a hybrid job, and i (and ill make this caps so maybe youll actually read it this time) THINK ITS AWESOME
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-31 20:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
No, i never mentioned Relics, so dont bother trying to put words in my mouth....(and ill make this caps so maybe youll actually read it this time)

..? :s

Calm down? I'm throwing food for thought around for discussion, jesus. What a horrible attitude.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-31 20:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Kajidourden said:
No, i never mentioned Relics, so dont bother trying to put words in my mouth....

..? :s

Calm down? I'm throwing food for thought around for discussion, jesus. What a horrible attitude.

OH i just re-read that, thought it said "So you're essentially comparing.....etc" >.< My bad
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-31 20:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleedingwulf said:
Pup has some good gear in endgame but from 1-70 it's mainly finding whatever sliver of evasion plus this game has to offer.

Pup is fun and unique and does dish out some impressive numbers my only complaint so far from lvling it at low levels is Overdrive.

I've seen what it can do at 75 but at low levels it won't save you. Why couldn't it be Hundred Fists for the automation? Or depending on what body equipped it would change? Like Rng body=Eagle Eye Shot, Rdm body=Chainspell(or manafont/benediction if proper heads on) and Pld body= invincible and harle body= hundred fists

Because having each manuever 3x more powerful during overdrive is nothing to really laugh at. Not to mention if your auto dies, Reactivate and need a manuever up asap without overloading.

And eva+ on a pup. /spit
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-31 20:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
(and ill make this caps so maybe youll actually read it this time)

Irony. :P

<3

Oh, and just so everyone knows, I know nothing about PUP, so if I say "Lolpup" or other similar comments, I'm trolling you, not giving my opinion. I'm not naive enough to comment on something I know nothing about. I love winding my friend up about it though, everytime I say "lolpup" or something he goes off on a rant about how I hate pet jobs for no reason, etc. Always a laugh!
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-31 20:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Kajidourden said:
(and ill make this caps so maybe youll actually read it this time)

Irony. :P

<3

Oh, and just so everyone knows, I know nothing about PUP, so if I say "Lolpup" or other similar comments, I'm trolling you, not giving my opinion. I'm not naive enough to comment on something I know nothing about. I love winding my friend up about it though, everytime I say "lolpup" or something he goes off on a rant about how I hate pet jobs for no reason, etc. Always a laugh!

I lolpup all the time, because like I said, 90% of pups I've come across are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Pups in full AF at 75
Pups who dont gear swap for weaponskills.
Pups who gearswap STR for Howling Fist >.>
Oh, my favorate. Pups who /dnc or /whm in merits.

..Im sure you see my point.
Server: Siren
user: stunnax
By Siren.Windowshopper 2009-03-31 20:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Few suggestions for PUP

quit the job
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-31 20:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Windowshopper said:
Few suggestions for PUP

quit the job

Welcome to page 1.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-31 20:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Windowshopper said:
Few suggestions for PUP

quit the job

lolololololol

How original, ***.
 Seraph.Zabini
Server: Seraph
user: zabini
By Seraph.Zabini 2009-03-31 20:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

*wonders if Wooooodum would still love her, if she knew she had 75 pup...*

; ;
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-31 20:40:00
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Cookie Cats!
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-31 20:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Zabini said:
*wonders if Wooooodum would still love her, if she knew she had 75 pup...*

; ;

I think I hear the mass hoard of people rushing in with pitchforks and torches.

Run while you still can.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-31 20:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
 Seraph.Zabini
Server: Seraph
user: zabini
By Seraph.Zabini 2009-03-31 21:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
User submitted image

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
have mercy... i never actually play it
 Bismarck.Drue
Server: Bismarck
user: Drue
By Bismarck.Drue 2009-03-31 22:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pup is a very good job if you know how to use it and it can tank with the right gear. Now go back to picking on loldrg.
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-03-31 23:09:44

Kajidourden said:
First off: Give PUP some half-decent gear, dosent have to be hauby, but mayhaps something a bit better that what we do have (which mostly consists of armor with no bonuses, maybe something with even a +1 or +2 to str, or dex, not a whole lot but just a little something, or even more stuff to increase pets acc and such)

Secondly: Fix WHM auto's AI (Healing comes before Erase.....)?

Thirdly: Maybe its just me, and i know that if you engage the enemy and then deploy the auto it keeps its distance on the RNG frame, but its still in most AoE Ranges. How about instead of it auto-adjusting we get a JA called like "Pull Back" or something that takes the Auto out of most AoE ranges, not all, but say gobbie bomb, or Cursed Sphere. Stuff from HNMS and such would still hit em though.

Just a few things i thought up

PUP has decent gear. Here's my PUP:
Gaea (Odin Server)

What's the problem?
 Sylph.Feyen
Server: Sylph
user: Hiachi
By Sylph.Feyen 2009-04-01 00:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
First off: Give PUP some half-decent gear, dosent have to be hauby, but mayhaps something a bit better that what we do have (which mostly consists of armor with no bonuses, maybe something with even a +1 or +2 to str, or dex, not a whole lot but just a little something, or even more stuff to increase pets acc and such)

Secondly: Fix WHM auto's AI (Healing comes before Erase.....)?

Thirdly: Maybe its just me, and i know that if you engage the enemy and then deploy the auto it keeps its distance on the RNG frame, but its still in most AoE Ranges. How about instead of it auto-adjusting we get a JA called like "Pull Back" or something that takes the Auto out of most AoE ranges, not all, but say gobbie bomb, or Cursed Sphere. Stuff from HNMS and such would still hit em though.

Just a few things i thought up

SE announced a while back that they were going to give PUP more melee-focused cloth armor.

Jiko said:
And as a side note, it seems pretty obvious people here never been in a party with a 'good' pup before. 'Tis a shame.

Very true. PUP being such a complex job makes it even harder for people to truly find a way to excel at it, and because there's more than one way. You can be an amazing healer, arrow-DD, magic-DD, etc.

And people trying to learn the job tend to learn from other inept PUPs and that leads to a majority of the PUPs to be inept, and thus get such a bad rep.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-01 00:36:12

I haven't played it, but a little extra h2h skill wouldn't hurt. Also what's with the throwing skill when they require an animator to perform maneuvers to begin with? SE's logic sometimes.... Yeesh.
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-01 00:49:00

Artemicion said:
I haven't played it, but a little extra h2h skill wouldn't hurt. Also what's with the throwing skill when they require an animator to perform maneuvers to begin with? SE's logic sometimes.... Yeesh.

Horse that has been dead for so long it's not recognizable as a horse anymore has been be severely beaten. You can't hurt it anymore. Stop trying!
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-01 00:49:22

Gaea said:
Artemicion said:

Horse that has been dead for so long it's not recognizable as a horse anymore has been be severely beaten.

My apologies.
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-01 03:12:32

Artemicion said:
Gaea said:
Artemicion said:

Horse that has been dead for so long it's not recognizable as a horse anymore has been be severely beaten.

My apologies.

Oh, I'm not fussing at you. But it is something that has confounded us. I think we just try not to think about it. We've discussed it to no end thinking SE had something planned. But..... nope.
 Siren.Bungie
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-04-01 03:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Windowshopper said:
Few suggestions for PUP

quit the job

such a worthless job, but SE obviously loved DRG enough to make a new job take it's rightful place @ LOL, cuz now I dont mind DRG. I seen 1 PUP i didnt hate, they had full usu on and were hiding their stupid puppet.

just my opinion though, some people like to level certain jobs for them self, I believe pup is one of them. BLU was one for me, but its not really the same seeing that BLU is actually good.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-01 04:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Windowshopper said:
Few suggestions for PUP

quit the job

Seconded.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-01 06:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP is a great DD when you........ok, so I can't really finish that sentence without laughing.

A great geared PUP does not compare to a great geared any other DD. Sorry, but even if you do 1.3k, 1.4k WSs, I'll be doing 5-6 700 WSs with my WAR. Maybe more if I get to sub SAM for merit parties (without using Meditate, I always seem to forget that I have it cause I very rarely go on /SAM).

Now, not to bash PUPs though. I have leveled PUP to 16 so far, and I would have to say its a great solo job, almost as good as BST in most cases (and you don't have to sub WHM for it either) but still, I have yet to see anyone who uses PUP endgame at all.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-01 06:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: People with PUP 0-10 and think the know a damn about the job.

Nice work.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-01 06:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:

Nice work.

Hey, my knowledge of PUP may be limited to 16 solo'd levels, but still, its 16 solo'd levels...

And I have most of the parts that go with it too (another reason why I don't like to level PUP, my automation is more uber than I am...).

I have the tank automation, was planning on getting the RNG automation next when I eventually get it to 20, I have good gear for it (as good as level 16 gets though).

My point is, its the player who makes the job. Compare a well armed PUP vs a well armed WAR, and the WAR will win all the time.

If you want to try Kirin parse, I'll take you on. I usually am either first or second on Kirin (thanks to TP gain+). Thats including SAMs, DRKs (M.Kris DRKS, not K.Club DRKs) and MNKs and their respective gears + 2hrs....
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-01 06:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
but still, I have yet to see anyone who uses PUP endgame at all.

Thats because anyone who enters an endgame shell as pup onry better make damn sure they're fully merited and have semi-good gear or they're out.

Im not saying pup is end-all, be-all greatest job out there for every possible endgame event, but a pup can hold his own and still put out some decent numbers if they're serious about the job. Will they outparse a SAM or WAR? Not a snowballs chance in hell, but we make up for that with our versatility.

Korpg said:
Jiko said:

Nice work.

Hey, my knowledge of PUP may be limited to 16 solo'd levels, but still, its 16 solo'd levels...

That really wasnt directed at you, but yes, I will agree a WAR will own a PUP every time. I am not arguing that fact.

And the kirin parse was for kited Kirins, not TP burned. Pup is great in DoT for kited mobs, hence why they rate so high.