Dancer Dagger Help/Opinions
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Alymorel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-04-17 04:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I've recently taken up DNC and I am enjoying it a lot. Thing is, I would like to get something a little better in my weapon slots. I was wondering, because I know there are a lot of hardcore DNCs out there, I would like to hear your opinions on what to grab/make and why.

Now, before you guys get crazy on me and start spitting out these crazy daggers that I'd have to *** myself out to get, I'm looking for something along the lines of: Not terribly hard to get (I don't mind some easy NMs here and there, but can't do anything too hard >.>), Nothing where I have to sit around camping NMs for days and days, and only two daggers. I'm asking because I don't have a lot of inventory space and/or time so I want to get the best bang for my buck while still being a decent DNC. Don't forget to say why! ^^

Thanks again. ^^

Edit: Whoops, misspelled the topic {Please forgive me.} >.>
[+]
 Asura.Ziekwalt
user: Eirza
By Asura.Ziekwalt 2011-04-17 04:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

double Kila+2 im going evasion build and those trails are very easy to complete kila+2/kila+2 agl+18 evasion+40 total
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-04-17 04:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're not planning on solo'ing a lot on dnc you could go for the dex/str kila's instead of the evasion ones, all depends what you plan on doing with it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-17 04:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i think the da parazonium and str kila are pretty good. the problem with the str kila is there's no reliable fire weather, so it depends on whether you're able to be on during firesdays. faster alternatives: angr harpe, augmented yataghans, twilight knife.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-17 04:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-17 04:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

it really depends on what you plan on using your dnc for and the type of mob you plan on fighting.

like if you plan on just farming with it then 2 evasion kila's are fine and relatively easy to make and you wont have to make gear sacrifices for evasion as much with having 49ish evasion covered just by your weapons.

are the mobs you're fighting particularly nuke happy? 1 or 2 magic defense kila's are nice.

you could also go for 1 or 2 physical damage taken kilas if you decide to go full on for a pdt set.

if you like to cure more than DD then phurba is a spectacular weapon with the 10% waltz potency on it and great offensive stats on it as well not to mention it's not incredibly hard to get and alot of people are after the NM for other reasons anyways.

if you just like to be a DD then i suggest getting atleast a Daka for the rudra weapon skill (not to mention the dagger is rather strong itself) but if you plan on getting rudra you may want to make getting the +1/2 af3 body your priority. additionally the str/attack kila is a great weapon for DDing as well.

angr harpe is an ok weapon at best, it's incredibly easy to come by but it's a heavy weapon with about the same dmg as the other daggers that have less delay. i also dont suggest going for the parazonium making one of those daggers is probably the most annoying one to make out of all of the magian daggers and with dnc's high rate of double attack the effectiveness of this dagger is deteriorated substantially.

i also dont suggest making the dex/acc kila due to the fact that on 95% of the mobs we fight today we aren't really hurting for accuracy and the dex only helps with the weaponskills where as you would get a far better use out of the str/attack kila for the occasion you are attempting to DD.
[+]
 Odin.Hevans
Server: Odin
user: Hev
By Odin.Hevans 2011-04-17 05:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

your best bet for quick and easy daggers is augmented yataghans. shoot for anything over dmg/crit dmg +5. with the update to the trial system an eva killa can be done very very quickly. 5 points per kill and you can get it done in 1-3 days np. i recommend having at least 1 eva kila. it really is a game changer to have that much eva on one slot while still having good dmg without sacrificing your tp gear.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-17 12:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I dislike Twilight Knife. It overwrites Sambas, so I've been using Clement Skean offhand.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-04-17 13:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
I dislike Twilight Knife. It overwrites Sambas, so I've been using Clement Skean offhand.

I had this problem but figured out an easy solution!

offhand twilight >.>

I dont know if it affects sambas or not while in the offhand, but my mainhand still gets the haste/drain/aspir samba animation so i assume it works right

edit: Or if you are fan dance tanking then you can mainhand it and offhand something else, but when im just screwing around i like to offhand twilight, even though its a higher delay the occasional quad attack is kinda fun to see :3

no idea how it parses against other daggers though, I'd imagine the str kila does more for weaponskills than the 4% quad attack
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-17 13:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sambas proc on both hands. If you're using Haste Samba (which you should be 99% of the time anyway), using Twilight is basically not an issue because it'll still proc on your other weapon. You'd have to miss all hits with the other hand to lose the benefit of the samba.

Regardless, Twilight is D40... shouldn't be mainhanding it to begin with.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-17 13:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:

assuming you are using haste samba, like you should be, the twilight dagger will not overwrite it as long as your other dagger hits.

Edit: beaten!
[+]
 Asura.Alymorel
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-04-17 14:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said:
I know DNC is a versatile job. The problem is it is not my main. My main has always been and will always be WAR. I can't hold all my WAR gear, THF gear, random pieces for other jobs, gear for whatever job I lvl next, all my crafting stuff, and have no satchel, I'm really hurting for inventory. That's why I wanted some opinions on what I can use and have a decent set still. :/
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-17 14:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:

assuming you are using haste samba, like you should be, the twilight dagger will not overwrite it as long as your other dagger hits.

Edit: beaten!

I am using it offhand, but I wasn't aware that it still worked with Haste samba. Mah bad.
 Caitsith.Kalima
Server: Caitsith
user: Kalima
By Caitsith.Kalima 2011-04-18 08:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said:
My main is DNC, if your serious about dnc 2 daggers usually wont cover everything that dnc does. for example I carry 6 Daggers. 2 eva +2 kilas, auric dagger(offhand to cap subtle blow for tanking), twilight, 2-4 attack para+2, str +2 kila. and now working on rudra's storm.

my point to all this is not to show off thats the last thing im trying to do. DNC is a very versatile job. tank, dd, curing, ect... you will almost never use the same daggers for everything.

if your going to be soloing and you want easy daggers by all means do 2 evasion kilas you wont regret it. auric is a nice easy dagger to get. the NM can be solo/duo pretty easily.

Pretty much my position as well. I Have 2 eva 1 str 1 dex 1 oa4 (which is retired) twilight and working slowly on DA+10. Mostly use STR/twilight for DPS and AGI/twilight for tanking/subtle blow set (since twilight actually drains tp from mob i rather use it than auric). Very rarely do i need the second eva dagger, but nice to have if i need to hold a mob when party is trying to hit procs.
By seiri 2011-04-18 09:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
angr harpe is an ok weapon at best, it's incredibly easy to come by but it's a heavy weapon with about the same dmg as the other daggers that have less delay. i also dont suggest going for the parazonium making one of those daggers is probably the most annoying one to make out of all of the magian daggers and with dnc's high rate of double attack the effectiveness of this dagger is deteriorated substantially.

Only thing i should add here is that Angr is the only easily obtained weapon rank 5 dagger. I believe the double attack paraz+2 is also rank 5? As is dakka and twashtar, but daggers like kila+2, twilight etc are all rank 4. This is the only notable strength of angr.
 Bismarck.Taini
Server: Bismarck
user: Syna
By Bismarck.Taini 2011-04-18 10:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

well to b honest with u so far i find that the Phurba
dagger is by far the best dagger for DNC (cant belive no one has ever said anything about this dagger this whole thread)

Phurba
DMG:44
Delay:190
Acc.+10
Waltz Potency +10%

yes u can main hand it or off hand it but i say hands down best dagger for DNC cuz i love it and even with AF2 head and AF1 body that puts me at +25% Waltz Potceny (any retard try's to say use this dagger as a sub-in for watlz your *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE) but anyways yes i also have and use Twilight dagger yes i know it overwrites Sambas i use it 2 keep TP high and i can cure myself all day but u can use any other dagger with Phurba its up 2 you but all i have to say is IF U R A DANCER MAIN JOB AND U DONT HAVE THIS DAGGER...GO GET IT!
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-18 10:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
if you like to cure more than DD then phurba is a spectacular weapon with the 10% waltz potency on it and great offensive stats on it as well not to mention it's not incredibly hard to get and alot of people are after the NM for other reasons anyways.
Bismarck.Taini said:
cant belive no one has ever said anything about this dagger this whole thread
[+]
 Bismarck.Taini
Server: Bismarck
user: Syna
By Bismarck.Taini 2011-04-18 10:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

ok lol missed his comment thanks Yunalaysca ^^
 Alexander.Meowryu
Server: Alexander
user: Meoryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2011-04-29 14:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

How often does the Kila+2 with Weakens defense +15 proc? (I'd assume it's 15%?)
How long does the effect last and how much defense down %?

Does anyone know?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-04-29 14:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I'm mistaken, the proc rate on all weapons is proportional to your magical accuracy relative to the monster's magical evasion. So the proc rate is going to be better on weaker monsters than stronger monsters, probably up to some cap.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-29 15:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Unless I'm mistaken, the proc rate on all weapons is proportional to your magical accuracy relative to the monster's magical evasion. So the proc rate is going to be better on weaker monsters than stronger monsters, probably up to some cap.

The proc rate itself is based on the weapon's effect. For instance, status arrows/bolts have 100% proc rate. However, mobs can resist the effect (mag acc vs mag eva), in which case the proc does not show up in the chat log.
 Alexander.Meowryu
user: Meoryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2011-04-29 15:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lamee.

I was hoping it would have a decent proc rate and was like def -10% for a minute ;c. Then MAYBE it'd be useful (proc, ws, replace weapon til effect wore off -> etc).

Maybe i'll make one and test it when i finish my spatula this weekend.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-04-29 17:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They're quick to make once you get past the first few trials. You just need to tank multiple monsters and switch targets after you get a proc.
 Leviathan.Emmm
Server: Leviathan
user: Emmm
By Leviathan.Emmm 2011-04-29 17:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the Phurba and

Fusetto +2
DMG: 38 Delay: 186
DMG: +2
"Store TP" +15
I completed this trial back when every kill counted. Thought I would never get out of the Boyahda Tree......
 Phoenix.Seshu
user: Seshu1
By Phoenix.Seshu 2011-04-29 17:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally use Parazonium +2(trial 2285 end result) which has DMG:38 DLY:211 Occ. Atk. Twice and Auric Dagger. Have Phurba that i use in solo situations but primarily the top is a DD situation. Main dagger only changes but always use Parazonium+2 off hand.
 Alexander.Gib
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2011-04-29 18:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Auric Dagger and Parazonium+2 (2-4) in normal situations

Evasion killa+2 x2 for when fighting tough things

at least, thats what I use
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-04-29 20:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep:
Twashtar, STP Fusetto +2, OA2-4, DEX/Acc, AGI/Eva, Martial Knife, and Phurba

Each of them are situationally useful.
By Untamedheart 2011-04-29 21:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Meowryu said:
Lamee.

I was hoping it would have a decent proc rate and was like def -10% for a minute ;c. Then MAYBE it'd be useful (proc, ws, replace weapon til effect wore off -> etc).

Maybe i'll make one and test it when i finish my spatula this weekend.

Defense down duration lasts 30 seconds exactly.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [87 days between previous and next post]
By Eluveitie 2011-07-26 04:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My inventory contains;

Twilight Knife
Auric Dagger
AGI/EVA Kila +2 x2
DEX/ACC Kila
Parazonium +2 OA2-4
STP Fusetto +2
all situationally used depending on what i need. If you got cruor and clears shin isnt hard to brew if you cant find ppl to kill it normal, auric dagger is a easy NM as well.
First Page 2 3 4