Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Goldsmithing » Goldsmithing help 50-60
Goldsmithing help 50-60
First Page 2
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-02-25 19:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Any suggestion that wont kill my gill with todays prices? Everything seems like a massive loss unless you spend months farming
 Lakshmi.Ratie
Server: Lakshmi
user: ratie
By Lakshmi.Ratie 2011-02-25 20:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wind crystal and geodes (nice and cheap) cap you to 51, according to wiki.

Fire crystal Gold ore x4 till 53. It's pretty much where I'm at. Sell them back and you should only have marginal losses, or keep them for future synths. Gold sheet to 54, or hairpin to 58

Long time ago I heard people say find a lv 30ish smithing friend who synths claws, to provide you with ingredients for Hydro Claws, and either NPC or hang out at the guild and bazaar them when they request it for Guild Points.

I've been looking to skillup my other crafts so I havn't paid GS much attention
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-02-25 20:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

yea.. i was the one to update wiki about geodes lol. They caped me at 51. I was distraut. I was so hopeing they cap between 55-60

Hydro claws i already looked at. I can make everything required for it. However useing mythril ores for the sheets, youde be looking at a total loss of around 90k a stack not including crystals. (which are insain today) Farming some items, and useing mythril beastcoins could knock it down to 60~k loss a stack. But still. The amount required to go form 51-58 would lsoe a fourtion. Only way to help that out would be farm the beastcoins yourself. But the time involed to steal enough would be insain to. (4H to steal enough to make one stack if u get 100% succesfull steal every 5min) Either way...
 Asura.Alexstaifter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-02-25 20:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

At what level can you start working on geodes?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-02-25 20:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:

what ever you feel comfortable with. They cap at 51 so plan accordingly. The results only npc for 200, so watch what you pay for them as well.
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-02-25 20:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:

what ever you feel comfortable with. They cap at 51 so plan accordingly. The results only npc for 200, so watch what you pay for them as well.

Ive been collecting them from all my abyssea runs and stuff, since i heard it can help with Goldsmithing some. So I got about 80ish put away so far.

So i wont be wasting money on it regardless on that set
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-02-25 20:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i had bought like 100 of em around 3-500 each over a long time. Still beat some 60-90k loss mentioned above thats for sure
 Hades.Tronitor
Server: Hades
user: Yzzerdd
By Hades.Tronitor 2011-02-25 21:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
Any suggestion that wont kill my gill with todays prices? Everything seems like a massive loss unless you spend months farming
venture back to a time where crafting was profitable
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-02-25 21:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tronitor said:
Odin.Godofgods said:
venture back to a time where crafting was profitable

crafting was profitable!?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-02-25 21:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you even need goldsmithing for?
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-02-25 21:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:

By itself, alot of rings, earrings, other fine equipment come from it, and as a sub, other high level useful gear can be made.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-02-25 22:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:

By itself, alot of rings, earrings, other fine equipment come from it, and as a sub, other high level useful gear can be made.

Yeah like what? Go abyssea burn to 90 and skip the useless lvl54 rings, you don't need them, and what equipment can be made with it as a sub that's useful? Are you talking synergy? Because iirc, you need ***like lvl80+ for it, and I wouldn't waste your time or money if you think you're going to lvl to 80+gold for a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE item you can just save up and buy.
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-02-25 22:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:

Yeah like what? Go abyssea burn to 90 and skip the useless lvl54 rings, you don't need them, and what equipment can be made with it as a sub that's useful? Are you talking synergy? Because iirc, you need ***like lvl80+ for it, and I wouldn't waste your time or money if you think you're going to lvl to 80+gold for a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE item you can just save up and buy.

If everyone followed that logic, than there wouldnt be anyone making those high level items that (you can save up and buy)

And its a part of the game, just building up craft is something for people to do.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-25 22:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Capping it gives you points on FFXIAH, duh.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-02-25 22:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Because i have every other sub craft at 60 except GS

clearly your an idiot. Not even worth a more indeth responce then this.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-02-25 22:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
Because i have every other sub craft at 60 except GS

clearly your an idiot. Not even worth a more indeth responce then this.

Clearly you're also an idiot who can't spell and just wants achievement points for ffxiah. Honestly *** tell me, what the *** do you expect to make with 60 sub goldsmithing that you need because you have no other possible profit options? You've all subs but gold leveled, hurray! You must just want achievement and must also be clearly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to be unable to research yourself even though you managed to get everything else leveled.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-02-25 22:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:

If everyone followed that logic, than there wouldnt be anyone making those high level items that (you can save up and buy)

And its a part of the game, just building up craft is something for people to do.

Your logic is wrong, because no one starts leveling goldsmithing to make money selling the high-level accessories and synergy items. Do you want to know why?

Because the people who make them have had goldsmithing leveled since 2004~. It's a total *** waste to start leveling it from 0 with the goal to make a giant profit on goldsmithing. Save your time, and go npc cruor ***. I guarantee you you will make faster gil.
[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-02-25 22:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:

Your logic is wrong, because no you starts leveling goldsmithing to make money selling the high-level accessories and synergy items. Do you want to know why?

Because the people who make them have had goldsmithing leveled since 2004~. It's a total *** waste to start leveling it from 0 with the goal to make a giant profit on goldsmithing. Save your time, and go npc cruor ***. I guarantee you you will make faster gil.

Ok Mister High-Horse, slow down before you hurt yourself first off.

This isn't my topic, all I asked was what range the Geodes were at, cause they weren't listed on wiki.

Second off, I don't do crafting as a means of profit, as it's so easy to make money via Cruor/Dom ops, etc that the effort to craft for the sake of profit is pointless. (At least specificly to me)
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-02-25 22:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:

Your logic is wrong, because no you starts leveling goldsmithing to make money selling the high-level accessories and synergy items. Do you want to know why?

This isn't my topic, all I asked was what range the Geodes were at, cause they weren't listed on wiki.

Second off, I don't do crafting as a means of profit, as it's so easy to make money via Cruor/Dom ops, etc that the effort to craft for the sake of profit is pointless. (At least specificly to me)

You're the one that replied with your wrong information and wrong logic, so I'm automatically on a high-horse?
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-02-25 22:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:

You're the one that replied with your wrong information and wrong logic, so I'm automatically on a high-horse?

The information isn't wrong, you placed a very specific scenario to somehow bypass the need early level crafting.

Assume people need to do BCNMs, which range from 20+

Lower equipment would be needed, as even at level sync to lower point you wont get full buffs from gimped gear.

Lets assume someone won't be able to leech in abyssea, than they would need it.

Lets assume someone doesn't wanna play the leech and level the old fashion way.

In all these other more likely scenarios, people will need that gear.

Well, here's the thing. No one needs to do bcnms, and even if you wanted to do everything old-fshioned,

Lower level goldsmithing accessories aren't needed enough to warrant leveling your own goldsmithing or to level it for a profit. There is still a few of them floating around that you can find if you're so desperate.

Sure your "scenarios" are "possible", but it's also totally stupid and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE from a crafting perspective, which you obviously don't have.

Again you keep talking about profit, I never mentioned anything about crafting for profit, some people just wanna craft as something to do in the game.

People do BCNM, if not for their own items they hunt, or just to get them for profit Example being Royal Jelly, Phalanx and Utsusemi Ni bring a decent penny. of course other items at other ranges that give much more worth while items. So people do them for either of those reasons.

And its only that way from your point of view sir.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-02-25 23:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:

And its only that way from your point of view sir.

Yeah, they craft to have fun, except for...

Odin.Godofgods said:

the fact that this entire thread is about money regardless if it's leveling for profit or not. He only needs this for achievement, not for use. There is no use leveling goldsmithing for actually using the craft, unless he wants to make his own reraise earrings, Ohwait, he also needs 75+ alchemy for that too.

This is my whole point when I made my first post "What do you need goldsmithing for?" when you started replying with your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE scenarios and explanations of why to level goldsmithing in this day and age.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-02-25 23:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, an actual example of a possible reason to level it. Any more examples?
First Page 2