Bring on the crafting info.
 Asura.Alexstaifter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-02-26 00:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Bring on the crafting info.

clearly your reading abilities leaves a lot to be desired..
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-02-26 00:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're not talking about crafting info, then you make no sense.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-02-26 10:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no intesion of lvling GS for profite. That being said, i still dont want to lose 20M finishing it. I also had GS at 50 long before abyssea was first announced. Hell it was at 50 before the first synergy was announced. I had stoped due to the lack of desent crafting options, and worked on other subs. Now their all done. so im back to GS. Why bother finishing GS? As i said, its the only one left not completed and i dont like leaving things unfinished.
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
Server: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2011-02-26 10:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My advice is do Gold hair pins to level 57.5 (sadly is a waste of gil but a high lvl goldmither can DESYNTH THEM back into gold ingots for reuse) and then finish it up on platinum ingots to lvl 60. This is what I did to max my sub craft to 60. The 57.5-60 in a 88% or hihger moon phase took me 1 hour and a loss of 40,000 gil to achieve. In goldsmithing standards this is very cheap.

Also consider that the platinum nuggets for the recipie I HARVESTED from tree cuttings ( this is when the stack of nuggets used to be 25-30k) But now considering that the ORES are like 2-3k and nuggets 10k a stack, will be cheaper just to buy your way from 57.5 to lvl 64 on platinum ingots if you plan to take GS to higher levels.

Furthermore, If you like go past lvl 70 you can do so by turning those ingots you made into platinum arrow heads.
Please note: The arrowheads will be SUCH a LOSS of gil.... USE THEM to level up another craft.

One of my mules i took for higher levels WOODWORKING fed up on the arrowheads and made them into arrows.

In conclusion, the best way to save cost and to level up your GOLDSMITHING and any other crafts is to recycle your own materials.
Goldsmith may not be a money maker unless you are like 90+ and get plenty of HQ's but the materials I GOT from GOLSMITHING and BLACKSMITHING I used onto WOODWORKING mule, and by HQ'ing a lot of Shihei last week, it helped me bring 1.5mm gil profit which in turn can go back into goldsmithing and so on.

PWR!!!
Power Nexus - FIGARO
Nexus Power - FIGARO
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [180 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-08-25 11:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've looked into this recently, Hydro claws cap at 59 which I wouldnt start until you're 53 /w glasses. If you can limp your way to 53 you're in better shape.

Once you get in range for platinum ingots you're going to be WAY Better off so start those as soon as you feel comfortable. 55 maybe?\

GL!
[+]
 Unicorn.Savoree
Server: Unicorn
user: Arriole
By Unicorn.Savoree 2011-08-25 12:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

My Goldsmithing is level 51. All my other crafts are 60, alch 100.
It would be nice to have a feeling of completion. I dont give a #%^@ about AH points. I hope thats ok with everyone.

I need to update my AH Account. Im Fenrir now, Unicorn has obsolete stats it seems
 Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer 2011-08-25 12:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Hades.Tronitor said:
Odin.Godofgods said:
Any suggestion that wont kill my gill with todays prices? Everything seems like a massive loss unless you spend months farming
venture back to a time where crafting was profitable

crafting was profitable!?

yes it was... http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Lakshmi/Fivestarswood
...just realized that it only shows 25 items...at the end of last year I spammed HQ elemental staves and made 22mil in roughly 2 weeks. So in a nutshell, yes crafting was profitable. If you find the right synth, with the right demand, with the right gil/hour of crafting ratio, it can make you a lot.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-08-25 12:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Savoree said: »
My Goldsmithing is level 51. All my other crafts are 60, alch 100. It would be nice to have a feeling of completion. I dont give a #%^@ about AH points. I hope thats ok with everyone I need to update my AH Account. Im Fenrir now, Unicorn has obsolete stats it seems

My feelings exactly. Except i have ww 100.

Right now it seems hydro claws are the cheapest option. Still a decent loss, but not nearly as bad as others. It the mythril ingots that rly make/break that one. Right now on my server a single M. Ingot is ~5k, while a stack is ~100k 0.0 (And the stacks dont even sell fast)

Anything involving gold ingots i can pretty much forget at this point in time. With a single stack ranging from 200-250k+ ... Aint gonna happen.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2011-08-25 13:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I made gold ingots till 54. then hydro claws till 57ish. then plat ingots.

those were the best profit/loss synths and at the time ingots made profits or very small losses if you didnt break. everything else just is pure loss with low availability of materials.

you can jump to each recipe at anytime depending on availability of mats and profit/loss.

also i tried to skill smithing on claws at the same time to lessen the losses per total (both crafts) skill up. if you happen to find someone skilling up on claws you could probably work a deal. but i find that unlikely these days. you can make your own steel and mythril ingots to lessen the cost if you want, but its time value of money if you have a better way to spend your time making money than saving it.

anyway good luck and happy crafting :)
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Wojo
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-29 17:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pukushu said: »
I made gold ingots till 54. then hydro claws till 57ish. then plat ingots.

I believe this is still the best option.

However, I think its OK to be creative and find your own way, even if you lose more money. Have fun with it!

*aaaand the person i was responding to deleted their comment... -.-
 Sylph.Kandu
Server: Sylph
user: Kandu
By Sylph.Kandu 2011-10-17 14:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Make gold ingots until 54; with those ingots, then craft gold hairpins to 56. Get advanced synthesis and start on platinum ingots. Check the AH for platinum ingots, too, and use them to craft platinum sheets.