Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » CFH camping
CFH camping
First Page 2
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-17 13:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So...... im trying to get crap for my newly leveled brd. so i needed to go after mikey for his belt, and normally there is 2 parties there to exp on. my problem is why after you state that you are after him, that the 2 exp parties feel the need to CFH camp it like it's *** Nighogg? you dont gain anything by killing it except a very pissed player. i'd be fine if they wanted it for drops and what not, but geez as soon as it spawn's everyone turns on their speed bots and hauls *** off to CFH it. is this a problem for anyone else?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-17 13:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Call For Help camping?
[+]
 Ramuh.Kyamiiux
Server: Ramuh
user: Kyamiiux
By Ramuh.Kyamiiux 2011-02-17 13:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow Asura has some asshats. Never heard of this.
[+]
Server: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-02-17 13:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
you dont gain anything by killing it except a very pissed player.

probably what they wanted. congratulations, you played right into their hands.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-17 13:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They call for help on it so it doesn't reset xp chain..or at least im assuming this.

If they are xping on worms in La Theine and Mikey pops it could wipe there xp alliance. Sooo they are forced to kill it, but they can't kill it the normal way since XP will get reset so they HAVE to CFH on it.

Claim better or don't try to kill Mikey when ppl are xping on worms.

Wait ppl xp on worms?!

***sucks tho..GL with getting belt.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-17 13:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
They call for help on it so it doesn't reset xp chain..or at least im assuming this.

If they are xping on worms in La Theine and Mikey pops it could wipe there xp alliance. Sooo they are forced to kill it, but they can't kill it the normal way since XP will get reset so they HAVE to CFH on it.

Claim better or don't try to kill Mikey when ppl are xping on worms.

Wait ppl xp on worms?!

***sucks tho..GL with getting belt.
it's really not fun to "camp" against 2 full alliances....

and what's wrong with exping on worms? i think thats honestly the best camp to exp at.
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2011-02-17 13:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

1) don't camp in JP time
2) spam shout's when it's abot to pop, that you want it

have fun farming.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-17 13:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kyamiiux said:
Wow Asura
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-17 13:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
They call for help on it so it doesn't reset xp chain..or at least im assuming this. If they are xping on worms in La Theine and Mikey pops it could wipe there xp alliance. Sooo they are forced to kill it, but they can't kill it the normal way since XP will get reset so they HAVE to CFH on it. Claim better or don't try to kill Mikey when ppl are xping on worms. Wait ppl xp on worms?! ***sucks tho..GL with getting belt.
it's really not fun to "camp" against 2 full alliances.... and what's wrong with exping on worms? i think thats honestly the best camp to exp at.
I don't know how good worms camps are TBH. I've never xp'd on them before.

Yeah and I would imagine it would suck to fight against 30 ppl to claim a worm. Communicate with them to see if they will let you grab it as soon as it pops. If they don't write it off as a loss and try another day.

On my server Mikey is always up and to this day i've never seen anyone xp on worms.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-17 14:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

people still exp in visions zones @.@

[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-17 14:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are killing Mikey and it does a AoE magic attack..will that spell hit players not in the pt that has claim on him?
 Bahamut.Rienea
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Rienea 2011-02-17 14:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-17 14:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Other than to farm Gold chests for the augmented gear, finding people still ptying in VoA makes no sense... even making whole alliances for the augmented gear makes no sense!!!

You should simply try to communicate with the parties and let them know you can take care of the NM for them.

If they disagree then they are doing it to piss you off..
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-17 14:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rienea said:
No.
Well fine then.

/wave! How are you doing?
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-02-17 14:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Rienea said:
No.
Well fine then.

/wave! How are you doing?
She is being a douche like usual!
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-17 14:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Rienea said:
No.
Well fine then. /wave! How are you doing?
He is being a douche like usual!
Wait what? How was I being a douche..I was, in fact, for a change trying to be helpful.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-02-17 14:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Rienea said:
No.
Wait what? How was I being a douche..I was, in fact, for a change trying to be helpful.
No I meant Rie.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-17 15:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Rienea said:
No.
No I meant Rie.
Rie is a douche now? Tisk tisk tisk Slay.

Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-02-17 19:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually people at Mikey are quite nice but you need to communicate with them before it pops. I was after silver nuggets to upgrade spitfire a few months ago and there weren't really many in bazaars so I was forced to camp Mikey. I let the parties in the area know that I needed his drops and asked them please not to call for help. That worked pretty well.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-17 19:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ops in Altepa is the best xp in the game atm. Not only do you get exp from the npc, but seals!
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-17 19:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't Claiming a mob to CFH on it qualify as "Grief Tactics" and as such a bannable Offense?

1 party has already expressed need of the mob, and the other ignores it and repeatedly claims/CFH's it... I would think they would have a hard time explaining that away to a GM if you're literally up its *** trying to claim whenever it pops.

You can try, GM's don't exist anymore but its worth a shot.

The worst that could happen is the GM be like "***ain't against the rules goodluck", Best thing that could happen is a raging Jail-hammer on the party if they keep doing it.
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-02-17 19:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

^ what Hoshi said!

Yuna it's called diplomacy find out who the leaders are and talk to them. If they're still asshats about it, it's on them. Yet most are reasonable, which may come as a surprise since this is asura...

Remember man, people can't read minds...
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-02-17 19:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Ops in Altepa is the best xp in the game atm. Not only do you get exp from the npc, but seals!
Dom Ops are great for lower level people because it doesnt require that you take the first hour to build up the exp chain to where you get any kind of decent exp (minus golden and ebon lights). Worms, once it gets going, is faster than Dom Ops because of the amount of mobs being slaughtered without the need to run back to NPC. Half of the alliance taking 1~2 minutes every 5 mobs becomes time consuming when it happens 50 times (Over and hour of wasted running time).

As for the OP: Japanese players have a tendancy to remove anything that would hinder them if it is unavoidable. Mikey is a huge nuisance to players in that area, so it is attacked and crushed in minimal time to ensure longer care-free experience times. If you are playing in JST time (which is actually later in the evening for them, roughly 8 PM - 1 AM) then your chances of finding and killing him alone is rather diminished unless they allow you the chance to claim him becauase you voiced your interest in the NM. Otherwise, I would suggest that you attempt to camp him during slower game hours, or bring along a few friends who can help with a faster claim.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-02-17 20:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

<worm> <notorious monster> <can I have it?>

<please assist>

<alliance> <attack> <no thanks>

<thank you>

If people can't get the hint w/ respect to what you're trying to do after that... well I don't know what to tell ya!
[+]
 Asura.Andradi
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2011-02-17 20:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I never got the obsession with worm parties. In a fast killing party one of the limiting factors has always been pull speed, and a monster that can't be pulled seems kind of... inefficient?
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-02-17 20:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Andradi said:
I never got the obsession with worm parties. seems kind of... inefficient?
Worms being stationary could have been a huge time sink in running from mob to mob if two things weren't consistant in the worm camps.
1: Clustering - the worms like to bunch together in groups of 2 to 5. This helps the DD in lowering the time between kills, while putting more of a strain on the healers when the mobs link and AoE spells and abilities start flying.
2: Respawn - the respawn rate of worms in the area is very small, and combined with the above characteristic, it makes for little movement between mobs as more worms pop up quickly to replace the ones that are felled.

In short, worms don't have TOO much movement to make it inefficient, however its not for everyone, especially when players believe "I'm too good to go to the mob, they should come to me."
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-02-17 20:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget about the ability of BLM's to drop clusters pretty quickly!

It's always fun to see, "You Receive 600 EXP and 100 cruor from the worm x5 in the PT log!"
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-02-17 20:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said:
Actually people at Mikey are quite nice but you need to communicate with them before it pops. I was after silver nuggets to upgrade spitfire a few months ago and there weren't really many in bazaars so I was forced to camp Mikey. I let the parties in the area know that I needed his drops and asked them please not to call for help. That worked pretty well.

You're right. Usually, it does work.

Not always though.

I've helped friends farm this belt. About half the time, the exp alliance(s) say they're fine with your group taking Mikey. They're also liars. Even if the alliance(s) agree to let you have Mikey, you have to aggressively try to claim it, or they will CFH it (*cough*Rinkydink*cough*).

I never considered calling a GM though. I figure that's a waste of time when I could instead -aga farm Azure lights off the worms. ;)

I won't "farm lights" if the alliance(s) are true to their word and leave Mikey to us, though.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-02-17 20:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
Asura.Hoshiku said:

You're right. Usually, it does work.

Not always though.

I've helped friends farm this belt. About half the time, the exp alliance(s) say they're fine with your group taking Mikey. They're also liars. Even if the alliance(s) agree to let you have Mikey, you have to aggressively try to claim it, or they will CFH it (*cough*Rinkydink*cough*).

I never considered calling a GM though. I figure that's a waste of time when I could instead -aga farm Azure lights off the worms. ;)

I won't "farm lights" if the alliance(s) are true to their word and leave Mikey to us, though.

I love you Eeek. I want that to be known.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-02-17 20:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:
Don't forget about the ability of BLM's to drop clusters pretty quickly! It's always fun to see, "You Receive 600 EXP and 100 cruor from the worm x5 in the PT log!"
This is true also. If the location of the worms only has one camp, you can effectively have your BLM on one end blowing up clusters very quickly (a BLM with Beyond, MM and Ultimate can drop a cluster in two AoEs usually) and leave your DD's to contend with the other side, plowing through mobs collecting pearl and ruby lights. Dominion farms seals, makes great "speed burst" exp for lower level leeches and extremely quick merits, but in the long run, it can't hold its own to a 150k/hr worm party. Granted, that is if you have a fully awake and working alliance of people. Dominion wins in low man situations.
First Page 2