Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-02-17 20:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Asura.Hoshiku said:
Actually people at Mikey are quite nice but you need to communicate with them before it pops. I was after silver nuggets to upgrade spitfire a few months ago and there weren't really many in bazaars so I was forced to camp Mikey. I let the parties in the area know that I needed his drops and asked them please not to call for help. That worked pretty well.

You're right. Usually, it does work.

Not always though.

I've helped friends farm this belt. About half the time, the exp alliance(s) say they're fine with your group taking Mikey. They're also liars. Even if the alliance(s) agree to let you have Mikey, you have to aggressively try to claim it, or they will CFH it (*cough*Rinkydink*cough*).

I never considered calling a GM though. I figure that's a waste of time when I could instead -aga farm Azure lights off the worms. ;)

I won't "farm lights" if the alliance(s) are true to their word and leave Mikey to us, though.

I love you Eeek. I want that to be known.

Oh, the screenshots I could post. LS chat/vent in Harpers was a goddamn blast with you, Ludoggy, and Poupee there. Never a dull moment! You're the *** man Dale, and don't you ever forget it. :)

Even though you don't play anymore, you'll always be among my favorite Dhalmels.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-18 00:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i went the grief route myself, i got pissed and started claiming every mob they engaged everytime mikey was down. one of their members told me to *** off, i dont have rights to the NM so they can kill it as much as they want.

also yeah malekith, i was very very discriptive and use auto-translate about me wanting mikey, their alliance leader said yeah np, they'd let me know if it spawns as well. so much for that though.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-02-18 08:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, I kind of overstated how often exp alliances will be *** over something like Mikey. It happens, but not terribly often.

Despite what not-Asurans may think about our weird little server, I've found that the majority of people are quite diplomatic and generally friendly in Abyssea. Actually, I'm still surprised by it. Myself and my parties/alliances have shared ??? pops, teamed up with other parties on seal NMs, traded seals/AF3 feet/lights with nearby groups, and so on.

There are still douchebags out there (my friends laughed all night over an incident at Durinn yesterday), but overall, it's not bad at all.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-18 12:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I can understand why an EXP alliance would want to CFH the Mikey NM ... if no one else was there trying to actually kill the NM for its loot.

However, if you've made your intention to claim/kill the NM before it spawns, it's pretty lame and *** for the EXP alliance to just ignore you and claim the NM to CFH it with you standing right there.
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-02-18 16:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
Even if the alliance(s) agree to let you have Mikey, you have to aggressively try to claim it, or they will CFH it (*cough*Rinkydink*cough*).

want to tell me when i WILLINGLY CFH on a mob when ive been told to leave it for a pop?

and provide evidence? for your info Im ANTI cfh

Asura.Eeek said:
alliance(s) agree to let you
Asura.Eeek said:
alliance(s) agree
Asura.Eeek said:
alliance(s)

the alliance LEADER usually says ok but doesnt communicate..

[+]