Becoming the best
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ramuh.Leif
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-02-09 09:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Overdone joke already, I am really sorry.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-02-09 09:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I was doing some tests the other day to better improve my blm and sch, noticed that searing sash > cognition belt. You would be losing the m.acc from the int but in abyssea that shouldn't matter much. Outside abyssea a straight int belt might be better.

Elemental obis are always greater but on the days/weather when the spells don't correspond the searing sash can produce greater numbers.

Also, how often is the af3+2 additional effect happening?
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-09 09:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Leif said:
Its fine. If it keeps getting my thread bumped idk. Plus its enteraining and that will have more people come to the thread.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-09 09:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said:
I was doing some tests the other day to better improve my blm and sch, noticed that searing sash > cognition belt. You would be losing the m.acc from the int but in abyssea that shouldn't matter much. Outside abyssea a straight int belt might be better.

Elemental obis are always greater but on the days/weather when the spells don't correspond the searing sash can produce greater numbers.

Not often (no surpize there) because the effect only happens when conserve mp procs (base rate 25%) and even with the full set I don't think the proc rate on the effect it self is 100%.

Eye balling wize I'd say 1 every 10~15 nukes will have the effect.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-09 09:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

proc-rate is said to be aprox 6% with full set I think <_>
I dont notice much difference between 2/5 and 4/5, and a friend of mine said he dont really notice a big difference from 2/5 and 5/5 >_>
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-02-09 09:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Bahamut.Kara said:

Not often (no surpize there) because the effect only happens when conserve mp procs (base rate 25%) and even with the full set I don't think the proc rate on the effect it self is 100%.

Eye balling wize I'd say 1 every 10~15 nukes will have the effect.

Thats sad. Could be awesome
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-09 09:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
I dont notice much difference between 2/5 and 4/5, and a friend of mine said he dont really notice a big difference from 2/5 and 5/5 >_>
Is that % based on every nuke? or every time conserve mp triggers?
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-09 10:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Is that % based on every nuke? or every time conserve mp triggers?

Every nuke, 5%~seems right to me. Conserve mp is 25% proc rate so I guess you have a chance of 20% when Conserve mp procs to get a set proc. Without any conserve mp gear/atmas.
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
Server: Diabolos
user: cuccon
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2011-02-09 10:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I have all of 1 +2 BLM piece, but if/when I get more I want to try out Atma of the Fetching Footpad (cMP: Superior) to see if it's a worthwhile to get more set procs
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-09 10:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Artfuldodger said:
I have all of 1 +2 BLM piece, but if/when I get more I want to try out Atma of the Fetching Footpad (cMP: Superior) to see if it's a worthwhile to get more set procs
didn't know there was a cMP atma (not surpized however) Im gonna try to get it and try it out.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-09 10:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

There are quite a few, the one from Titlacuan gives major or superior im not sure. Would be nice if it gave 50 conserve mp. Would have 75 then. 75*0,2= 15% (10 from atma) set proc rate. Atma of the ultimate gives about 20-25% increase I believe (too lazy to do the math right now). So if you use conserve mp atma instead of ultimate you will do about 7,5-8%% (10*0,75-0,8 since you lose that by not using ultimate atma) more damage in average is my math isnt off <.< Im not good at math :(
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
Server: Diabolos
user: cuccon
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2011-02-09 11:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Going along the lines of atma, has anyone stacked Atma of the Lion and Blinding Horn together? Unless wiki is mistaken, that's 2x 40% thunder damage (roughly, I get the deal w/ magian staves). It seems like it should blow past using blizzard with Beyond, despite being a whole tier behind.

*Sorry to keep derailing your gear thread, just figured it's somewhat applicable to being a good BLM
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-09 11:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think both are actually only 30% instead of 40%. If you chose Ultimate, Beyond, MM then Blizzard 5 should still win over Thunder 4 with your combo. If not then it's pretty damn close but you would lose 80 mab for other spells.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-09 11:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
There are quite a few, the one from Titlacuan gives major or superior im not sure. Would be nice if it gave 50 conserve mp. Would have 75 then. 75*0,2= 15% (10 from atma) set proc rate. Atma of the ultimate gives about 20-25% increase I believe (too lazy to do the math right now). So if you use conserve mp atma instead of ultimate you will do about 7,5-8%% (10*0,75-0,8 since you lose that by not using ultimate atma) more damage in average is my math isnt off <.< Im not good at math :(

This is complete *** btw forget what I said <.< Just thought about it again while walking my dog and this should be correct:

If superior is 50 conserve mp then you should get a 10% proc rate for your set bonus from that atma. Average damage boost from Set bonus should be 50%. (Can be anywhere from 1% and 100% so 50% should be average if im not mistaken?). 0,5*0,1=0,05%. So the atma should give you an average increase in damage by 5%. That is extremely low and disappointing :(. I guess its nice if you wanna see high numbers. I hope this math is correct this time <.<
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-02-09 11:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The best around!
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-02-09 11:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Raignes said:
AF3+2 legs actually only have 7 MAcc, as shown by a translation of Non-NA clients, instead of the 12 we see. Igqira/AF1 pants still beat em for Enfeeb/Dark magic respectively.
Portent Pants are still the better choice for Enfeebling.

Also, wouldn't Galdr Ring be a better option to get over Icesoul Ring?
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2011-02-09 11:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Leif said:

Gotta use the FFXI version of that, at least!

Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-09 11:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
Honestly its not all about the gear and lvls, its hands on skill and strategy and this goes for all jobs. Ive seen lvl 60 blms out perform lvl 90s mainly because they know what they are doing, also didnt burn it in astral or abyssea parties. Gear is an important factor also but knowing what to do in situations quickly and accurately is most important in "being the best blm".

True on that :) screw gear, be double weakened and just trigger NM so no hate pulled!

**I am Sarcastic, as everyone about THF when they say just put TH on mob.**
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-09 11:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Galdr ring is the second best ring for nuking atm but it's soooooo annoying to get =(. Btw, Vates cape, Sanctuary obi +1, pax strap + full af3+2 + MM (which you should always use in abyssea) = capped enmity. That set isn't too bad for certain situations.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-09 11:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Asura.Raignes said:
AF3+2 legs actually only have 7 MAcc, as shown by a translation of Non-NA clients, instead of the 12 we see. Igqira/AF1 pants still beat em for Enfeeb/Dark magic respectively.
Portent Pants are still the better choice for Enfeebling. Also, wouldn't Galdr Ring be a better option to get over Icesoul Ring?
I'm not bothering with Galdr ring.. I've seen that nm die like 5 times and not drop that. and seeing how much of a pain in the *** geting that pop is no thanks :p
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-02-09 12:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice seeing people with the right attitudes about gearing better; I got a lot of work to do too...
I agree wholeheartedly. Too many Blm's nowaday (4/5 at least) don't even have proper subs, much less 'gear sets'. Know it's bad when you invite a blm to an Abby party and remind them to change their sub from /nin to maybe /rdm or /whm and they tell you they have neither sub available. Personally, I'm 52/80 inventory when I gear Blm. Keep in mind however, what works for 1, may not work for another. In addition, there's skill involved, tons of it. Having the proper gear is one thing, knowing what to do with it, is another. I gear Blm the same I would gear Blm outside of Abby (Ergo, I nuke with a cognition belt as opposed to a searing sash). The reason I do this is because Atmas are a crutch that while I may use while in Abby, I wanna be prepared for the events outside of abby as well. Important thing is, as I said before, what works for 1, may not work for another. But what's more important than that, is having fun!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-02-09 12:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Nice seeing people with the right attitudes about gearing better; I got a lot of work to do too...
I agree wholeheartedly. Too many Blm's nowaday (4/5 at least) don't even have proper subs, much less 'gear sets'. Know it's bad when you invite a blm to an Abby party and remind them to change their sub from /nin to maybe /rdm or /whm and they tell you they have neither sub available. Personally, I'm 52/80 inventory when I gear Blm. Keep in mind however, what works for 1, may not work for another. In addition, there's skill involved, tons of it. Having the proper gear is one thing, knowing what to do with it, is another. I gear Blm the same I would gear Blm outside of Abby (Ergo, I nuke with a cognition belt as opposed to a searing sash). The reason I do this is because Atmas are a crutch that while I may use while in Abby, I wanna be prepared for the events outside of abby as well. Important thing is, as I said before, what works for 1, may not work for another. But what's more important than that, is having fun!!
Oh, wanted to add that the one question that I hate being asked is, "What jobs do you main"? I take alot of pride in all of my jobs and main all of them. If it's not capped merits/skill/gear, it's not going anywhere. When I form for Dyna, limbus, or whatever, I ask, "What jobs do you enjoy the most"? these jobs are gonna be the one(s) taken the most pride in anyways.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-09 12:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Good luck man, I have a lot of work to do with blm as well but I don't have the time to make it the best on server sadly. Do you have any plans to add wotg earring to this job? or is it spent on another
I never finshed wotg and tbh I don't think there are many rewords that would make my blm stronger. I will do it sooner or later however.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-02-09 12:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Good luck man, I have a lot of work to do with blm as well but I don't have the time to make it the best on server sadly. Do you have any plans to add wotg earring to this job? or is it spent on another
I never finshed wotg and tbh I don't think there are many rewords that would make my blm stronger. I will do it sooner or later however.
While I haven't investigated, I HAVE heard that there's alot of nice Walk of Echo gears for mages. Only thing is, I've tried woe before, when it first came out, and was discouraged by the leechers... Haven't done it since.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-09 12:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

WoE has nothing to do really with WotG. And all items that drop in WoE are rare so you can buy them from the AH
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-02-09 12:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

WoE has nothing to do really with WotG. And all items that drop in WoE are rare so you can buy them from the AH
Well, woe may not have anything to do with Wotg directly, it's in the zone... And it may have something to do with the story line. I hardly feel that SE's done with it. We can only specultate as to why walk of echos is in the past.
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-02-09 12:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

aside from the fact that you need wotg installed to access the zone and you need to be on 'cait sith' wotg mission to participate in it.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-02-09 12:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said:
The best around!

I was going to look for a link to this

/beaten to the punch
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-09 13:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok the Varuna is now a varuna's staff +2...

Now enther thunder or fire...