Gear Sets?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Gear sets?
Gear sets?
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Azazael
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: azazael
By Fenrir.Azazael 2011-02-08 14:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I am relatively new to SCH and was looking at what I should be working on for level 90 gear sets. Right now I am kinda hodge podging from what my RDM had.

Halp!
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-08 17:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

would be better to post what you had so ppl can make improvements.

And what aspect of Sch do you need help gearing...Sch's can do so many things which did you need help with? (Nuking, Healing, DoT'ing..anything specific?!)

Be more specific and do a little of your own work and ppl might be more willing to help you gear the job.

Edit: Also look in the Sch forums might already be lots of useful info there.
 Fenrir.Azazael
By Fenrir.Azazael 2011-02-09 10:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay lets try this.

I understand Healing/Nuking (for the most part)/Enfeeb/Idle sets, I just wanted to see what other people were using.

For any other set (Helix's?) I have 0 clue how to gear and as such have no set.

I did see one nice set for nuking for from Fmaxgluttony. I know that with a lot of jobs a lot of gear has changed, most topics here seem old, which is why I didn't want to base my ideas off of what could be old deprecated sets.
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2011-02-09 11:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nuking: MAB|INT|Macc [Obis since SCH will always have weather]

Helix: INT|MAB [Low base damage so INT makes more of a difference, use MAB where you cant get alot of INT and vice versa]

Healing: Cure Potency|MND|Fast Cast|-Enm

Sublimation: Enhances Sublimation|HP [MP stored is 25% of Max HP or until HP ≤ 50% | @ Lv. 85: 2 HP → 7 MP Stored]

-Max -Enm sets are useful for Accession/Manifestation[AOE] spells cast, they will generate alot more enmity.

[+]
 Fenrir.Azazael
By Fenrir.Azazael 2011-02-09 12:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That gives me some direction on what to pursue, thanks :)

On the nuking does teal slops really beat Cybele pants?
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-02-09 12:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Azazael said:

Teal is roughly equivalent to 11 INT nuke wise.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Raksha
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Raksha 2011-02-10 18:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Fenrir.Azazael said:

Teal is roughly equivalent to 11 INT nuke wise.

Has anyone recalculated these things based on tier 5 spells? (blizz5 in particular) With a base damage increase of 322 (blizz4 vs blizz5) MAB would be more important, but the INT tier multiplier went up too, do they more or less even out?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [73 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2011-04-24 23:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

my gear set was viewed i feel violated!
[+]
By Lilchibimage 2011-04-24 23:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone, is there anyone can help with macros on sch. I am hoping there will be some feed back since this is sch gear set post.
As for atmas, do you guys use the same atma for your sch and blm?
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-04-25 06:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilchibimage said:
Hello everyone, is there anyone can help with macros on sch. I am hoping there will be some feed back since this is sch gear set post.

Macros for scholar are exceptionally complicated more so than any other job I would say. The cornerstone of a good scholar macro set is to be able to easily get from light arts to dark arts and the way you do that is by using the "/macro set #" command.

You should have a Dark Arts and a Light Arts macro with a "/macro set #" command embedded into each of the 10 pallets to connect them together. The Light arts Macro should always be linked to your primary healing pallet except for within the primary healing pallet itself which should be linked to an enfeebling pallet designed around your light arts spells and gear.

ex:
Pallet1: Primary Healing Pallet
ctrl-1
/ja "Light Arts" <me>
/macro Set 2

Pallet2: Light Arts Enfeebling Pallet
ctrl-1
/ja "Light Arts" <me>
/macro Set 1

With this you've created a link between pallets 1 and 2 connecting your Healing and Enfeebling pallets so that you can quickly navigate between them. However, as I've said before each pallet needs both a Light and Dark arts macro and here is what the dark arts should look like

ex:
Pallet 1&2 (both Healing and Light Enfeebling Pallets)
alt-1
/ja "Dark Arts" <me>
/macro Set 4

With this you've created a link between pallets 1,2,and 4 which we will use as our base of operations for our more destructive macros.

Like before the Dark Arts macro should always be linked to your primary nuking pallet (Ice) except for within the primary nuking pallet itself which should be linked to an enfeebling pallet designed around your dark arts spells and gear.

ex:
Pallet3: Dark Arts Enfeebling Pallet
alt-1
/ja "Dark Arts" <me>
/macro Set 4

Pallet4: Primary Nuking Pallet (Ice)
alt-1
/ja "Dark Arts" <me>"
/macro Set 3

This is the same concept as before. We've connected our nuking pallets to our enfeebling pallets, however we are still missing the Light arts macros to bring us back to our Cure macros.

ex:
Pallet3&4: (Both Nuking and Dark Arts Enfeebling Pallets)
ctrl-1
/ja "Light Arts" <me>
/macro Set 1

With this you have created the backbone for your scholar macros. You should have 4 pallets connected through your DA and LA macros. Now here's the difference between SCH and BLM. Scholars will always nuke using our storm spells first to activate our elemental obis and twilight capes. With this in mind we will use the /macro set # command to connect nuking pallets with our storm spells.

First we create pallets 5-10 using LA and DA commands to take us back to the primary healing and primary nuking pallets they will be as follows.

ex:
Pallet5-10: (every other nuking pallet)
ctrl-1
/ja "Light Arts" <me>
/macro Set 1

Pallet 5-10 (every other nuking pallet)
alt-1
/ja "Dark Arts" <me>
/macro Set 4

This connects the new nuking pallets to the old primary pallets. You should notice that the alt-1 macro will take you to the primary ice pallet but it could also be linked straight to the enfeebling pallet instead with the /macro set 3 command.

To connect nuking pallets through storm spells we want a number of storm spells on each pallet along side our helix and tier 3-5 nukes. You will most likely want a Hailstorm, Thunderstorm, Firestorm, and Windstorm macro on all macros 4-10.

ex:
Pallet 4-10 (All nuking pallets including the primary should have storm macros)
ctrl-6 Hailstorm
/ma Hailstorm <t>
/macro Set 4

ctrl-7 Thunderstorm
/ma Thunderstorm <t>
/macro Set 5

ctrl-8 Firestorm
/ma Firestorm <t>
/macro Set 6

ctrl-9 Windstorm
/ma Windstorm <t>
/macro Set 7

In this example pallet 4 would be ice based, pallet 5 would be thunder based, pallet 6 would be fire based, and pallet 7 would be wind based with spells corresponding to the element.

With this the template for your scholar macros should be done. You should have connections to or from the primary nuking and healing pallets (1&4) in every pallet with the use of the light arts and dark arts commands. In addition you should have a number of storm spells in each of your nuking pallets that will take you to a specific pallet designed for the corresponding element.

There is however more than one way to beat a dead horse.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Scholar_Macro_Guide

As for what Atma to use it depends what you're doing. If you're nuking I would go with MM/Beyond/Ultimate. If you're healing I would pick MM/Rescuer/Apoc but their are just as many ways to heal a dead horse I suppose.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-25 06:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said:

Helix: INT|MAB [Low base damage so INT makes more of a difference, use MAB where you cant get alot of INT and vice versa]

Af3 body would still be better than helix. 8mab >4int. Basically assuming gear like yours and using ultimate beyond and MM 1MAB~.9 int for helixes. While say blizz 4 is more like 1MAB ~ 1.8 int
By Lilchibimage 2011-04-25 14:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Lilchibimage said:

Macros for scholar are exceptionally complicated more so than any other job I would say. The cornerstone of a good scholar macro set is to be able to easily get from light arts to dark arts and the way you do that is by using the "/macro set #" command.

You should have a Dark Arts and a Light Arts macro with a "/macro set #" command embedded into each of the 10 pallets to connect them together. The Light arts Macro should always be linked to your primary healing pallet except for within the primary healing pallet itself which should be linked to an enfeebling pallet designed around your light arts spells and gear.

ex:
Pallet1: Primary Healing Pallet
ctrl-1
/ja "Light Arts" <me>
/macro Set 2

Pallet2: Light Arts Enfeebling Pallet
ctrl-1
/ja "Light Arts" <me>
/macro Set 1

With this you've created a link between pallets 1 and 2 connecting your Healing and Enfeebling pallets so that you can quickly navigate between them. However, as I've said before each pallet needs both a Light and Dark arts macro and here is what the dark arts should look like

ex:
Pallet 1&2 (both Healing and Light Enfeebling Pallets)
alt-1
/ja "Dark Arts" <me>
/macro Set 4

With this you've created a link between pallets 1,2,and 4 which we will use as our base of operations for our more destructive macros.

Like before the Dark Arts macro should always be linked to your primary nuking pallet (Ice) except for within the primary nuking pallet itself which should be linked to an enfeebling pallet designed around your dark arts spells and gear.

ex:
Pallet3: Dark Arts Enfeebling Pallet
alt-1
/ja "Dark Arts" <me>
/macro Set 4

Pallet4: Primary Nuking Pallet (Ice)
alt-1
/ja "Dark Arts" <me>"
/macro Set 3

This is the same concept as before. We've connected our nuking pallets to our enfeebling pallets, however we are still missing the Light arts macros to bring us back to our Cure macros.

ex:
Pallet3&4: (Both Nuking and Dark Arts Enfeebling Pallets)
ctrl-1
/ja "Light Arts" <me>
/macro Set 1

With this you have created the backbone for your scholar macros. You should have 4 pallets connected through your DA and LA macros. Now here's the difference between SCH and BLM. Scholars will always nuke using our storm spells first to activate our elemental obis and twilight capes. With this in mind we will use the /macro set # command to connect nuking pallets with our storm spells.

First we create pallets 5-10 using LA and DA commands to take us back to the primary healing and primary nuking pallets they will be as follows.

ex:
Pallet5-10: (every other nuking pallet)
ctrl-1
/ja "Light Arts" <me>
/macro Set 1

Pallet 5-10 (every other nuking pallet)
alt-1
/ja "Dark Arts" <me>
/macro Set 4

This connects the new nuking pallets to the old primary pallets. You should notice that the alt-1 macro will take you to the primary ice pallet but it could also be linked straight to the enfeebling pallet instead with the /macro set 3 command.

To connect nuking pallets through storm spells we want a number of storm spells on each pallet along side our helix and tier 3-5 nukes. You will most likely want a Hailstorm, Thunderstorm, Firestorm, and Windstorm macro on all macros 4-10.

ex:
Pallet 4-10 (All nuking pallets including the primary should have storm macros)
ctrl-6 Hailstorm
/ma Hailstorm <t>
/macro Set 4

ctrl-7 Thunderstorm
/ma Thunderstorm <t>
/macro Set 5

ctrl-8 Firestorm
/ma Firestorm <t>
/macro Set 6

ctrl-9 Windstorm
/ma Windstorm <t>
/macro Set 7

In this example pallet 4 would be ice based, pallet 5 would be thunder based, pallet 6 would be fire based, and pallet 7 would be wind based with spells corresponding to the element.

With this the template for your scholar macros should be done. You should have connections to or from the primary nuking and healing pallets (1&4) in every pallet with the use of the light arts and dark arts commands. In addition you should have a number of storm spells in each of your nuking pallets that will take you to a specific pallet designed for the corresponding element.

There is however more than one way to beat a dead horse.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Scholar_Macro_Guide

As for what Atma to use it depends what you're doing. If you're nuking I would go with MM/Beyond/Ultimate. If you're healing I would pick MM/Rescuer/Apoc but their are just as many ways to heal a dead horse I suppose.

Thank you so much!!!
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-04-25 14:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilchibimage said:

Thank you so much!!!

Glad to help, I'll pretty much talk about scholar macros all day if I find someone willing to listen that long.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-04-25 15:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said:

Why +1 head for the head slot, unless you're always using Ebullience?
I'm also assuming that Twilight cape is better than Searing since you said you'll always have weather. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-04-25 15:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Bismarck.Mitchel said:

Why +1 head for the head slot, unless you're always using Ebullience?
I'm also assuming that Twilight cape is better than Searing since you said you'll always have weather. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

A lot of that looks like his personal gear because there are a number of things he could improve upon. With that in mind I assume he just doesn't have a twilight cape yet, however if you have one you should definitely use it for both nuking and curing.

The headpiece brings up an interesting topic tho in regards to macro creation. I personally Linked my ebullience macros to an identical nuking pallet but replaced the head gear in the nuke macros to make better use of the af3 hat. I wont go into details unless someone wants to see it, but it uses the ebullience macro to connect the af3 Hat pallet and the dark arts macro connects back to the specific element I was already in. That said if you're looking to do the same the Literae Hat can get some nice nuking augments .

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-04-25 15:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Macros for scholar are exceptionally complicated more so than any other job I would say.
My macros are more complicated than yours.

Them's fightin' words son! Don't make me work my voo dee doo and curse your Helm drops!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [114 days between previous and next post]
By cptransom 2011-08-17 15:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured I would bump this thread instead of making a new one. Basically, I'm trying to figure out how to improve my gear, but I don't really know what to do aside from the really obvious stuff (Sea obis, Magian staves, finishing +1/+2 gear) and I could use some direction.

I use the macro setup from here, which has helped out a ton. I don't have a lot of gil (not even close), so really I'm just looking for some places to start on improving my SCH as much as I can.

Unrelated, I could also use some help on how to efficiently kill regular mobs as SCH. I find myself with a lot of downtime after 1-2 mobs.

...Basically, I need to lrn2play and I don't know any Scholars, so I'm turning to the forum for advice! Any help is appreciated!

My currently gimped stuff (Pluto's is my only HQ ele staff, the rest are NQ >.>):

Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-17 16:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

feud pendant Augmented Diamond Rings, Twilight cape, cognition belt, teal slops, are all cheap/free items that will help your current nuking set. Hecate's earring is great if you're able to get that.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
Server: Leviathan
user: kbeezie
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 16:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

cptransom said: »
I figured I would bump this thread instead of making a new one. Basically, SCH is my main job (I have DRG and SMN at 90 as well, but I never play them and don't even really have gear for them anymore) and I'm trying to figure out how to improve my gear, but I don't really know what to do aside from the really obvious stuff (Sea obis, Magian staves, finishing +1/+2 gear) and I could use some direction.

I use the macro setup from here, which has helped out a ton. I don't have a lot of gil (not even close), so really I'm just looking for some places to start on improving my SCH as much as I can.

Unrelated, I could also use some help on how to efficiently kill regular mobs as SCH. I find myself with a lot of downtime after 1-2 mobs.

...Basically, I need to lrn2play and I don't know any Scholars, so I'm turning to the forum for advice! Any help is appreciated!

My currently gimped stuff (Pluto's is my only HQ ele staff, the rest are NQ >.>):

The problem with the teal set is that without wearing the entire set (pants and feeds included) you will not get the fast cast enhancement. It's kind of a cheap -tweener gear. I actually wore the teal body until I got the Savant's Gown to +1 because it at least offered better stats than the NQ Gown (and cheaper than an Ixiom cloak)

On the right path with the elemental staves regardless if they're NQ or HQ. (took me a lil while but I did end up getting all the HQ elementals).

A decent way of getting gil if you're not planning on brewing any time soon, is just to participate in dom ops for a while (any dom op party worth it's while will get time extensions early on). Then buy and resell armor to NPCs, though I prefer to buy/sell chocobo blinkers from abyssea as they stack.

Once your savant' setup is +1 it'll definitely complement you as a scholar better than the teal set ever could.

The setup I currently have for offensive (ice)

Though missing some things that would be rather useful like the moldavite earring (rare/ex Mab+) for example.

I'm toying with the following for more defensive setup:

Thought bout using a clarus stone and Austerity belt in place of whats above for some more "Conserve MP" however when you actually *need* MP, you'll usually be casting Penury or Parsimony, which under Savant's Pants +1 will have 100% chance anyways.

Most of the "good" stuff is rare/ex so you tend to be questing for them rather than worrying bout gil to buy em.

This is my current macro setup, a 3 row type of setup so that I can swap between the arts and such. It'll be improved over time of course.

*Edited the macro set below as it was an old copy
Quote:
Scholar Solo Book

Row #1 (This row is rarely used since I have light or dark on)

Ctrl 1 Blank

Ctrl 2 (Black)
/macro set 3
/echo == Black Page ==

Ctrl 3 (White)
/macro set 2
/target <me>
/echo == White Page ==

Ctrl 4 (MeBuff)
/ma "Protect V" <me> <wait 5>
/ma "Shell V" <me>

Ctrl 5 (SnI)
/ma "Sneak" <me> <wait 6>
/ma "Invisible" <me>

Ctrl 6 (blank)

Ctrl 7 (LightArt)
/ja "Light Arts" <me>
[[You could put some /equip lines here]]
/macro set 2
/echo == White Page ==

Ctrl 8 (DarkArt)
/ja "Dark Arts" <me>
/macro set 3
/echo == Black Page ==

Ctrl 9 (blank)

Ctrl 0 (Sublim)
/ja "Sublimation" <me>

Alt 1-9 What I been using for enfeeb/nukes
Alt 0 (SSkin)
/ma "Stoneskin" <me>

Row #2 (Light arts)

Ctrl 1 (Duration)
/ja "Perpetuance" <me>

Ctrl 2 (PgUp)
/macro set 1
/echo == Basis Page ==

Ctrl 3 (PgDwn)
/macro set 3
/echo == Black Page ==

Ctrl 4 (Enlightenment)
/ja "Enlightenment" <me><wait 1>
/recast "Enlightenment" <me>

Ctrl 5 (Time)
/ja "Celerity" <me>
/recast "Celerity" <me>

Ctrl 6 (Addendum)
/ja "Addendum: White" <me>

Ctrl 7 (LightArt)
/ja "Light Arts" <me>
/echo == White Page ==

Ctrl 8 (DarkArt)
/ja "Dark Arts" <me>
/macro set 3
/echo == Black Page ==

Ctrl 9 (Accessio)
/ja "Accession" <me>

Ctrl 0 (Sublim)
/ja "Sublimation" <me>

Alt Row
Forbidden Key, Dispel, Paralyze, Slow, Silence,
Blink, Cure III(target), Cure IV(target),
BuffT (Protect/Shell Target)
StoneSkin

Row #3 (Dark arts)

Ctrl 1 (Immanence - Skillchain)
/ja "Immanence" <me>

Ctrl 2 (PgUp)
/macro set 2
/echo == Whtie Page ==

Ctrl 3 (PgDwn)
/macro set 1
/echo == Basic Page ==

Ctrl 4 (Enlightenment)
/ja "Enlightenment" <me><wait 1>
/recast "Enlightenment" <me>

Ctrl 5 (Time)
/ja "Alacrity" <me>
/recast "Alacrity" <me>

Ctrl 6 (Addendum)
/ja "Addendum: Black" <me>

Ctrl 7 (LightArt)
/ja "Light Arts" <me>
/macro set 2
/echo == White Page ==

Ctrl 8 (DarkArt)
/ja "Dark Arts" <me>
/echo == Black Page ==

Ctrl 9 (Mani)
/ja "Manifestation" <me>

Ctrl 0 (Sublim)
/ja "Sublimation" <me>

Alt Row
Forbidden Key, Dispel, Thunder III,
Fire III, Stone III, Aero III, Water III, Blizzard III
Drain
StoneSkin
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 16:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
feud pendant Augmented Diamond Rings, Twilight cape, cognition belt, teal slops, are all cheap/free items that will help your current nuking set. Hecate's earring is great if you're able to get that.

Just want to mention on the Feud Pendant do not be too intimidated by the enmity increase, after 75 you can merit enmity reduction, also the type of ATMAs you would be using (Minikin Monstrosity, etc) in Abyssea for example would take it down quite a bit as well. But in general I like the Savant's Chain over this, assuming you can get it to drop.
By cptransom 2011-08-17 16:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly what I was looking for and gives me something to aim at for the short-term. Thank you both very much!
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-17 16:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

is your name penis backwards
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-17 16:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Haruhigumi said: »
Just want to mention on the Feud Pendant do not be too intimidated by the enmity increase, after 75 you can merit enmity reduction, also the type of ATMAs you would be using (Minikin Monstrosity, etc) in Abyssea for example would take it down quite a bit as well. But in general I like the Savant's Chain over this, assuming you can get it to drop.

I wouldn't be too worried about enmity period. You can always cast the -enm spell on yourself. I think the enm- group 2 merits are a waste of merits, but you can always merit general enm-

Savant's Chain would be better, I forgot about that. Feud is a good filler until you can get one though.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 16:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be too worried about enmity period. You can always cast the -enm spell on yourself. I think the enm- group 2 merits are a waste of merits, but you can always merit general enm-

I personally don't worry bout enmity too much, if it was such a huge deal the AF3 would have more than just -4 Enmity. And as you said there's the enmity reduction/boost spells that scholars can use.

I also agree that the 2-charge strategem merits don't seem especially worthwhile. I actually went with stormsurge (since most scholars should have least one weather effect on them) and enlightenment on mine.
Savant's Chain would be better, I forgot about that. Feud is a good filler until you can get one though.

I was glad to get it when I did. The other two Scholar accessories I want are Savant's Treatise and Savant's earring, however they're not as 'important' as what you could normally be using in an ammo or ear slot.

PS: It's ok to substitute some of the +1 for something else. Having a complete set doesn't become important until you get all your AF3 to +2 , which then it'll become useful as the set grants you immediate casting of spells matching the arts you're using (though occasionally). In the end it depends on your play style. For example if your play style doesn't use Immanence and Perpetuance often, feel free to go for better hands to match your style.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-18 17:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have perfected gear sets? This job seems to use SO much gear lol, how can you fit it all. The af1/2 have a lot of useful pieces so dunno how to fit it in with nuking/healing/pdt/mdt sets.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-18 18:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Anyone have perfected gear sets? This job seems to use SO much gear lol, how can you fit it all. The af1/2 have a lot of useful pieces so dunno how to fit it in with nuking/healing/pdt/mdt sets.

Well for me, once I had all the AF3 to +1, I simply look at the following as being swapped for the needs at hand:

Weapon/Sub
Example: A Suitable elemental stave for offensive, or the Apollo's Staff for defensive/curing and staff strap.

Ammo (usually only have 2 items for offensive/defensive)
Example: Incanters Stone for Defensive (or one of the Rare/Ex Sachets), and Whitchstone for offensive.

Ears
example : Right now I just have two MP boosting earrings for defensive. But for offensive I have a Hecate's earring, and will eventually get a moldavite to match it.

Rings
Usually INT boosting for offensive, and MND boosting for defensive. For example Icesoul and Aquilo's for offensive, and Solemn and Sirona's for defensive.

Back
Errant for defensive (mainly when in PT for -5 Enmity)
Eloquence cape +1 for offensive (or solo, where enmity matters little)

Waist
Well... I haven't given this much thought so always been wearing the Penitent's Rope.

It's not uncommon for nukers to have their inventory filled with all the elemental staves. Also another reason to do the Gobbiebag quests. Which I already got at 80, plus the mog sack and satchel.

With a job like this I don't think you can really have "Perfected" since it varies on your play style and needs.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-18 18:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh no it doesn't, there are clear choices that win for specific gear sets. My nuke set is pretty much good but I was wondering for other sets what the best item in slot is. There are a ton of items but I just got done sifting through the old stuff and what was junk now with the lvl increases (af2 pants used to be best drk magic legs but now portent pants are, etc).
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-18 19:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Uh no it doesn't, there are clear choices that win for specific gear sets. My nuke set is pretty much good but I was wondering for other sets what the best item in slot is. There are a ton of items but I just got done sifting through the old stuff and what was junk now with the lvl increases (af2 pants used to be best drk magic legs but now portent pants are, etc).

Maybe show your current [itemset] and go from there?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-18 19:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that is what I'm asking, if anyone had made some good item sets already. Hardly anyone plays this job so the itemsets I've seen are outdated.
First Page 2