Gear Sets?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Gear sets?
Gear sets?
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kbeezie
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-18 19:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Well that is what I'm asking, if anyone had made some good item sets already. Hardly anyone plays this job so the itemsets I've seen are outdated.

Unfortunately I'm far from "perfected" Most of what I want have to be farmed/quested/killed/etc. I'm trying to aim for more stuff that compliments the scholar's abilities rather than trying to aspire to be a BLM clone without access to the BLM specific gear. You probably have a better grasp on it than I do with the number of 90 jobs you've leveled.
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-18 19:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that is what I'm asking, if anyone had made some good item sets already. Hardly anyone plays this job so the itemsets I've seen are outdated.

bah, i had just made a bunch of item sets to post for some helpful tips. but as it turns out, mine are rather outdated.

but one thing i can offer a bit of updated info on is charging sublimation. this is what i use for charging and i get 475 mp back:

to make it perfect i need to get hp augment via synergy and verthandi's gem.
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2011-08-19 03:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Previous sets i posted were just what i had at the time to give a rough indication of what to aim for.
Anyone have perfected gear sets? This job seems to use SO much gear lol, how can you fit it all. The af1/2 have a lot of useful pieces so dunno how to fit it in with nuking/healing/pdt/mdt sets.

Have a few sets that i would consider aims that should be mostly relevant, and yes, inventory space is a nightmare:

Nuke
Dark MagicHealing
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-19 08:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone successfully made the top end dominion legs? those would be the best for nuking.

edit: Mitchel why genesis locket?
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-08-19 12:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

augur's gaiters or theurgia clogs for tier5 nukes? i assumed clogs because of the base damage but im getting larger numbers with augur's...