Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22536 22537 22538 ... 22705 22706 22707
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-02-17 14:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
No mater what anyone thinks of recent cartoons animation will never sink to the apaling low of Hanna-Barbera's Flintstones.

Or so I hope.
To be fair, back then it was because they didn't have the technology or techniques. Nowadays it's because they want to pinch pennies on man-hours.
By Wordspoken 2024-02-17 14:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Wordspoken said: »
huh. listened more or less randomly to latest stuff from hikaru utada. Feels like rediscovering the wheel, since I've know since day 1 that she's awesome. Why haven't I kept up to her latest stuff again? like, this is the kind of stuff I like to listen.

YouTube Video Placeholder

for reference
Been watching "Fumetsu no anata e" anime, and hearing Utada sing the opening was a pleasant surprise
Oh yeah, that's a good show. Love it myself.
By jubes 2024-02-17 17:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

*** microsoft

By Pantafernando 2024-02-17 18:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder why every the single time I restart my Windows, I get a new update.

Im not even exhagerating. Its simply every 2 days
By Pantafernando 2024-02-17 18:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess W10 is becoming unplayable and thats all a plan to force us move to W11
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-17 18:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The previous security update *** windows, they still haven't fixed it so it'll try and fail continuously
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-02-17 19:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
No mater what anyone thinks of recent cartoons animation will never sink to the apaling low of Hanna-Barbera's Flintstones.

Or so I hope.
To be fair, back then it was because they didn't have the technology or techniques. Nowadays it's because they want to pinch pennies on man-hours.
To be accurate, flapjaw speech and reused property were to save money. After 2 years some episodes had as little as 3 minuets of original animation.

Out of the inkwell was groundbreaking animation for its time, 1918. Steamboat Willy was average animation for its time, 1928. The Flintstones were not even decent animation compared to those.

Edit: If you were like single digits young, the target audience, when you watched it you may remember it as better than it was. Pull an episode up and have a looksee.

Or, simply compare it to its contemporary, Scobby doo.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-02-18 16:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Chanti Chanti Doo~ Where are you~ We've got some work to do now~

Chanti Chanti Doo~ I see you~
[+]
By Draylo 2024-02-19 04:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly hate buying second hand and from sellers on Facebook. Its always them demanding friends and family and then the item always has dings or undisclosed damage or wear. I don't see why they demand friends and family, and then quickly point out references... like I want to send over 1k in friends and family with 100% risk they could just ghost me. I think it's even a banable offense for paypal. They even tacked on a fee now for friends and family to foreign countries, you just lose either way lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-19 06:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Friends and family is almost always a scam. If they can't eat the less than $10 fee from sending an invoice they shouldn't be selling
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-19 07:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehhhhhhh, friends and family prevents chargebacks. It's safer and scummier at the same time.

You send the grand, they send the item, you tell paypal you never got it and chargeback. Can't do that if you F&F.

And *** the taxman tryin to dip his hands in your pockets. Taxes should not apply in personal transactions, if they could steal .50 for handing your friend $5 in person, they would.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-02-19 08:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
if they could steal .50 for handing your friend $5 in person, they would.
I think that's why they're gradually trying to phase-out physical cash.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-19 08:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It goes so much deeper than that, but that's part of it yes.

Making physical money, of course costs money and resources, they'd love to save those. Less workers to pay. No more molds, presses, etc.
Digital is of course 100% trackable. Just in general another layer of control as well. (AND! they can simply take digital money, they have to come collect physical currency)
Spending digital money is completely different than real money (it's quite fascinating) you don't think about $500 if you aren't handing someone a stack of bills the same.
The fees, of course, to all the companies for using their digital systems.

Everyone wins except you.
(It would be really convenient to just have the chip in your hand and never have to carry paper and coins......
Until they turn your chip off because your social credit score dropped)
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-02-19 09:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
if they could steal .50 for handing your friend $5 in person, they would.
I think that's why they're gradually trying to phase-out physical cash.
Yep, they are. But there are now two things in the way.

It used to be just old reprobate Heinlein fans like me and survivalists insisting that cash is legal tender.

But today we have the rise of automated tipping popups. Pay in cash and you never see one.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-02-19 12:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I hadnt notice but my char at Palworld is blonde but i forgot to change her eyebrows to yellow, so it is red.

Then auddenly i felt the urge to restart again for the third time.

I was about to start challenging the strongest foes, but many things i could have done better

Took me a short more than a weekto catch up, but yeah, im not in a rush. Is a good game, maybe i can get to the same point in less than a week now
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-19 16:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is kinda wild. Microcenter sending out emails for lower/older cards to refurb and sell cause they ain't got ***under like $200 except a pile of rx 6600.

Selling refurb 10 series while 500 40series eat up space
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-02-20 06:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tommrow we can play full release!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-02-20 11:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

196/196 {Learning (Blue Magic)}

When I took my extended break from XI, I had every spell up to Lv.99. Then Seekers of Adoulin came out and I needed 39 more spells. As of last night, I'm all caught up on my Blue Magic again! The Vagary spells eluded me for the longest time because I thought I had to finish Seekers of Adoulin to participate, and then Cruel Joke ended up taking me a bunch of triumphs to finally learn.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-02-20 17:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This will never not bother me, they butcher a lot of the sounds in all of the rereleases for FF9. Its one of those things nobody really talks about or knows about, but it isn't as I remember as a kid. Makes you wonder what else is being remade or remastered and loses that original quality that maybe people experiencing it for the first time wont ever know about. Then as time goes by it will replace the original and people will forget about it!

Original ff9 bahamut summon:

Remastered in all HD quality based on PC/Mobile ports

The sounds are all muffled, really weird squeaky noises were added. Someone responded to a comment of mine and said they lost the sound files during the ports and added different ones. Downgrades if you ask me, this happens for a lot of summons. I only remember because I used to spam them over and over as a kid and some sounds I remember so well.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-02-20 17:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

When I took my extended break from XI, I had every spell up to Lv.99. Then Seekers of Adoulin came out and I needed 39 more spells. As of last night, I'm all caught up on my Blue Magic again! The Vagary spells eluded me for the longest time because I thought I had to finish Seekers of Adoulin to participate, and then Cruel Joke ended up taking me a bunch of triumphs to finally learn.
I still need to go back and learn the other 5 Naakual ones and the ones from Vagary as well.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-20 19:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

12 hours and this vid unlocks
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-02-20 22:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
12 hours and this vid unlocks
Good! Get that nonsense out of the way so they can make some more content for Armored Core 6~

>:3
By Viciouss 2024-02-20 22:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Junon update to the FF7 demo comes out tomorrow as well.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2024-02-20 22:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Junon update to the FF7 demo comes out tomorrow as well.
Spoilers for the full game are apparently already starting to leak out too.
By Draylo 2024-02-20 22:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This is going to be one of the easiest ones to spoil. I feel like time to hibernate away from the internet

Snape kills Dumbledore vibes again
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-20 22:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

already expecting ultra stupid nomura nonsense so going in with mild expectations
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2024-02-21 10:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my sweet ***, it's magic! Bamco actually listened!

If nothing else, I'm glad that this at least means the series doesn't end with the colossal *** that was New Gundam Breaker, but it actually looks like they went back to the old gameplay too!
And it has an insert song by BACK-ON! It's really a real Gundam Breaker!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-21 18:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

yootoobz flooded with dune2 a whole damn week early
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-02-22 01:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

oh congrats. I would have thought for sure you'd have cruel joke very early on from doing alluvion skirmish in Yorcia for the elemental spells
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-02-22 07:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
oh congrats. I would have thought for sure you'd have cruel joke very early on from doing alluvion skirmish in Yorcia for the elemental spells
I never came across that NM. Also, when I first made my foray into the Ulbuka, I was hesitant to solo things that could Doom/Death me. I'm a lot more confident now with all the Cursna+, Holy Water+, and Magic Evasion gear. But now I've also joined a group that runs Vagary once a week.

Still, I need to hit up Alluvion Skirmish sometime during this month's campaign and collect more gear. I need just a tiny bit more SIRD for a couple jobs, plus stuff like Cure Potency, Regen Potency, Phalanx Received, etc.
First Page 2 3 ... 22536 22537 22538 ... 22705 22706 22707