Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22500 22501 22502 ... 22709 22710 22711
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-11-29 12:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
yaknow. Why the hell does note++ need a god damn update literally every time I open the damn thing.

It's a notepad for christs sake.
I've wondered the same thing. About once a year it resets my custom formatting and color scheme.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-29 12:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it isn't just a notepad. It tracks several different coding languages and libraries for formatting, labeling, etc and needs to be constantly updated as a result. If that bothers you then use a basic notepad.

Alternatively, turn off auto updates and update notifications. This is a self inflicted grievance.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-29 13:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Is no one going to comment on the fact that we have hit page 22,500?
Was there something important specifically about this page number btw?

Or was it just that it's nice even number, another 500 increment and such?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-11-29 13:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Just another milestone number. The more zeroes the better, and this is a "two zeroes" situation that's halfway between two "three zeroes" situations, so it feels good.

Coincidentally, you're just 5 posts away from a "three zeroes" (halfway between "four zeroes") situation yourself.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-29 14:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at Jessie, keeping tabs on post counts like a boss.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-11-29 16:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

1 TO GO!
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-29 16:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Negan got invested!

And there I was thinking he was referencing what the whole party used to do when you leveled up...
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-29 17:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Just another milestone number. The more zeroes the better, and this is a "two zeroes" situation that's halfway between two "three zeroes" situations, so it feels good.

Coincidentally, you're just 5 posts away from a "three zeroes" (halfway between "four zeroes") situation yourself.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-11-29 17:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-11-29 18:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

still find it funny that a job ability called "Modus Veritas"- "Truth Mode"- essentially allows a SCH to "fake" damage to helices^^

It doesn't make me rage as much as the poor choices in bard song names for what they do (Aria is +PDL?? Aria is a damn love song! It should be something comforting, not something that allows you to beat down better^^ At least Lullaby was done right, I guess), this one has always just made me giggle.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-29 18:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Living Bullets coming out of Death Penalty is the ultimate offense
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-29 19:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
still find it funny that a job ability called "Modus Veritas"- "Truth Mode"- essentially allows a SCH to "fake" damage to helices^^

It doesn't make me rage as much as the poor choices in bard song names for what they do (Aria is +PDL?? Aria is a damn love song! It should be something comforting, not something that allows you to beat down better^^ At least Lullaby was done right, I guess), this one has always just made me giggle.

About Arias...

Isn't there some musical history where there were like, Arias every emotion? Bravura Arias. Madrigal Ariaso or whatever?

Isn't something that like... Mozard and later composers turned them more towards individual emotions because they were becoming too ostentatious within operas? or something?

I mean, they weren't always just love songs. An Aria of Passion heightening your very upper strengths and limits... I think it fits.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2023-11-29 19:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm sorry bestbuy?? $30k tv lol

at least the open box is only $27k!

uhh lol

was just browsing deals and almost spit my coffee out
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-29 20:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

where did they get the open box ones anyway

who tf bought one and then returned it

w i r e l e s s t v
By Viciouss 2023-11-29 20:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo Henry Kissinger has finally died at 100. Jeez.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-11-29 20:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

About Arias...

Isn't there some musical history where there were like, Arias every emotion? Bravura Arias. Madrigal Ariaso or whatever?

Isn't something that like... Mozard and later composers turned them more towards individual emotions because they were becoming too ostentatious within operas? or something?

I mean, they weren't always just love songs. An Aria of Passion heightening your very upper strengths and limits... I think it fits.

Yes and No^^ (everyone's favorite response, I know, but I'll give it a whirl)

Opera in Mozart's time was very formulaic, basically the sitcoms of the era. It was very common that prolific composers would even just write comedic operas about their benefactor, or perhaps his paramour, to boost the payout from those benefactors. (sidenote- yes Mozart was a damn sex hound- basically he was a child star in the 18th century)

Since they were so formulaic (pre-Mozart), they also were freaking prolific and a lot of crap to sort thru to find the few gems. Again, I use the comparison of the sitcom. There's a whole lotta crap with only a few Seinfelds out there! In fact, most pre-Mozart were just seen as banquet entertainment- the audiences were casual at best, and more often just rowdy and disrespectful.

Then along came our boy. Made it entertainment worth focusing on vs just the background, and over the next 100 years Opera would evolve into what we imagine today- big giant ball gowns, big personalities, big opera houses. And it was during that time between Mozart and Verdi where it really came into its own.

In this era, the "ironclad" rules from the Renaissance and Baroque eras fell the wayside, and flexibility in terminology arose. That is when we see variances in usage of terms like "Aria", "Sarabande", etc vs the more strict definitions of the prior epochs.

So yes, the big "kings" of opera that we think of- Puccini, Verdi, Wagner- would use almost any term in whatever manner they wanted for whatever mood they wanted....hell, Wagner didn't even use italian terms in his Ring Cycle, just german! But they earned it to most of us :) Joe Schmo BRD from Bastok doesn't get that flexibility in my view :P
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-29 20:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
where did they get the open box ones anyway

who tf bought one and then returned it

w i r e l e s s t v

Someone who bought one for their mancave then had to return it after wifey found out the equivalent of a down payment is missing from the shared bank account.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-29 20:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

About Arias...

Yes and No^^ (everyone's favorite response, I know, but I'll give it a whirl)

Opera in Mozart's time was very formulaic, basically the sitcoms of the era. It was very common that prolific composers would even just write comedic operas about their benefactor, or perhaps his paramour, to boost the payout from those benefactors. (sidenote- yes Mozart was a damn sex hound- basically he was a child star in the 18th century)

Since they were so formulaic (pre-Mozart), they also were freaking prolific and a lot of crap to sort thru to find the few gems. Again, I use the comparison of the sitcom. There's a whole lotta crap with only a few Seinfelds out there! In fact, most pre-Mozart were just seen as banquet entertainment- the audiences were casual at best, and more often just rowdy and disrespectful.

Then along came our boy. Made it entertainment worth focusing on vs just the background, and over the next 100 years Opera would evolve into what we imagine today- big giant ball gowns, big personalities, big opera houses. And it was during that time between Mozart and Verdi where it really came into its own.

In this era, the "ironclad" rules from the Renaissance and Baroque eras fell the wayside, and flexibility in terminology arose. That is when we see variances in usage of terms like "Aria", "Sarabande", etc vs the more strict definitions of the prior epochs.

So yes, the big "kings" of opera that we think of- Puccini, Verdi, Wagner- would use almost any term in whatever manner they wanted for whatever mood they wanted....hell, Wagner didn't even use italian terms in his Ring Cycle, just german! But they earned it to most of us :) Joe Schmo BRD from Bastok doesn't get that flexibility in my view :P
I mean, hey, by the time you can make the Lughnasadh are you really still just Joe Blow from Robert Crumb errr Joe Schmoe from Bastok? Aren't you technically some dude who's stopped gods, been god, and flirted with an Empress or two? :P
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-11-29 20:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

oh ***if we're gonna bring up Crumb, we're gonna need a new thread ;)

...I mean there's random, then there's Crumb^^
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-11-29 21:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Woo! Ever Crisis Steam release December 7th~
https://twitter.com/FFVII_EC_EN/status/1730059079958356002
Soon... No more emulator crashing... Except for grabbing the daily ad gems because Steam typically doesn't allow ads in games...
And better quality screenshots!
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-29 21:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

oh ***if we're gonna bring up Crumb, we're gonna need a new thread ;)

...I mean there's random, then there's Crumb^^

[+]
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-11-30 00:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i know no 1 cares but i do!!
CANT WAIT
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-11-30 01:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rekcuf said: »
i know no 1 cares but i do!!
CANT WAIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV2ssdfd2KM
guarenteed thousands do care along side you, are you not part of their communities?

Dont rob yourself the chance to share an interest with like minded people etc
[+]
By Sakinah79 2023-11-30 06:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Last night's episode of Survivor reminded me of why I quit watching it so many years ago. Gonna go on another "Survivor fast" until season 50.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-30 08:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, hey, by the time you can make the Lughnasadh are you really still just Joe Blow from Robert Crumb errr Joe Schmoe from Bastok? Aren't you technically some dude who's stopped gods, been god, and flirted with an Empress or two? :P

Oh snap, so your saying we're all Winchesters...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-11-30 09:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Yo Henry Kissinger has finally died at 100. Jeez.

Rolling Stone put it SO well ...

Henry Kissinger, War Criminal Beloved by America’s Ruling Class, Finally Dies
[+]
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-11-30 15:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

season of discovery Launch Crash, all servers offline emergency maintaince lol, BLIZZUURD Inter tain ment
By Pantafernando 2023-11-30 15:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It get me so tired when i see software being thecinflexible, and clients on my neck
First Page 2 3 ... 22500 22501 22502 ... 22709 22710 22711