Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22479 22480 22481 ... 22706 22707 22708
By Pantafernando 2023-10-08 15:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, garbage imo.

Im not from that old guard. I was FFXI-born in 2012, so my golden age is abyssea.

Teenage was adoulin.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-10-08 15:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Panta really is a puppy dog. Awww
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-10-08 15:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

https://atari.com/products/atari-2600-plus
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-10-08 15:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

My Aunt had an Atari. Used to play Pitfall on it with her.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-10-08 15:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
My Aunt had an Atari. Used to play Pitfall on it with her.
LOOOOVED Pitfall
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-10-08 16:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, im not old enough to like pitfall either…

My golden age in gaming was during SNES time.

My teenage was during PSX era
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-08 16:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't quote me, but I think most private servers make it up to WoTG update wise, but content wise I think they reach ToAU at most.
Most servers tend to include updates up to WotG because they want to include as many jobs as they can, and to my knowledge only one server has made Rune Fencer and Geomancer attainable. WotG-era also included a lot of new, fun abilities as well.

In terms of story and endgame content, most of them tend to not exceed Chains of Promathia. I think one or two of them might have some ToAU story missions, but as far as I know, world events such as Besieged and Campaign are currently impossible to add. And even stuff like Assault, Nyzul Isle Investigation, Salvage, and so on, are tough to add.

What it ultimately comes down to is the people smart enough to reverse-engineer FFXI in the first place only did so up to a certain point. Most people who drum-up these private servers do so using that old data, and aren't knowledgeable enough with the code to do anything outside of replacing a few numbers here and there. That's why most private servers are "75 era, but 200% EXP gains!" or "75 era, but every job gets A+ in every skill!" or "we figured out how to turn Trusts=TRUE in the code!"
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-10-08 16:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Oldest games i recall would be Super Mario World and Sonic 2
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-10-08 17:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Catseye has a lot of current content like domain invasion and seekers of adoulin, reimagined for 75 cap and rebalanced in places w/ new items for rewards. It doesn't follow the typical attempt to carbon copy classic XI which is pretty cool. I don't have any interest in putting more wood into the XI fire or I'd be playing it myself
[+]
By Draylo 2023-10-08 19:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Draylo said: »
Well it is an MMO, so there isn't much precedent for successful MMOs in that regard. Most of them had the intention of keeping people subbed forever but now MMOs are not in favor and most new ones aren't successful at all. That is why it kills me how SE treats XI, the only place I can still enjoy myself as far as MMOs and they keep messing it up.

I am pretty sure most MMOs were not made with the intention to keep people sub forever, only as long as it remains profitable. Otherwise they will make FFXI's structure much more expandable from the start, without PS2 limitations and such.

During MMO golden era 13 years ago I also heard many smaller MMO company's policy was releasing 1 MMO every 1-2 years and shut them down within 1-3 years so they can release new ones in the market and grab cash. So "stayed alive forever" intention never existed. By comparison SE MMO stayed alive for MUCH longer than average mmo.

Anyhow if you get into a mmo and expect them to be maintained forever then you will likely be disappointed. Sometimes it happens to stay alive for long enough, like EQ or FFXI, most of the time they don't.

Getting upset over it is not worth it. Better keep the expectation low from the get go.

Also...Almost any popular dead mmo would have private server anyways, as long as people still want to play. so it's not like FFXI will be gone soon. It is still alive right now, and even if SE completely give up on it there is private server. So it's whatever.

Cool opinion
By Draylo 2023-10-08 19:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
But how far are the private servers content-wise?

Everytime I heard about private server, is about shits like lv75 era.

Is there any that is up to date with current content?

Or, at least, reached Adoulin?

They are all complete garbage honestly, buggy and broken. If they even make it to that content it 100% will not work as intended. I don't know how most of them think lv75 cap is some magical era of balance, when it was one of the most unbalanced eras we've had lol, just shows you they aren't to follow when they bait with nostalgia.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-10-08 19:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

But how far are the private servers content-wise?

Everytime I heard about private server, is about shits like lv75 era.

Is there any that is up to date with current content?

Or, at least, reached Adoulin?
remember when adoulin first came out and people started doing wkrs and delve clears, there was no iLVL or skill+ on the weapons or gear of the time

So having adoulin as it first came out in a private server would be quite jarring for 2023 gamers
By Draylo 2023-10-08 19:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

mhomho said: »
Dear Draylo,
Did you move into the new place?
What kind of house warming gift should I bring over?

lol, not yet still in the process. Turns out moving 5 years of stuff takes longer than expected. Thankfully its just across the street so that makes things easier, I've been using a lot of bubble wrap for my figures.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-08 20:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive just finished watching Drakengard 3 long play.

After playing entire Drakengard 1, the half play of 2, im ready to tackle Nier.

Drakengard 3 story was quite nice. But im relieved i didnt play it. Because only watching those buttom smashing festival made me bored.

Comparatively, 2 story is really garbage in the end, no wonder it was deemed non-canon.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-09 09:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
remember when adoulin first came out and people started doing wkrs and delve clears, there was no iLVL or skill+ on the weapons or gear of the time

Tears started to flow in my eyes…

Do you remember people yelling to form parties to farm bayld in Colonization reives?

I remember some colonizations at that time, the slaughter fest it was. So many dead bodies to chapulis
By Pantafernando 2023-10-09 09:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly feel the exact feeling devs wanted to pass to players with adoulin: a wild and hostile land.

You really had to make an effort to venture in large zones filled of mobs ready to rape you without mercy.

There was no mounts at that time
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2023-10-09 12:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, garbage imo.

Im not from that old guard. I was FFXI-born in 2012, so my golden age is abyssea.

Teenage was adoulin.
Hey, I liked Abyssea. I started FFXI back in early 2003.

My best days were spent in Abyssea.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-10-09 13:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My fondest memories were probably doing Zilart/Promathia content around the time Aht Urhgan was released. That was probably the golden age for many.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-09 14:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My favourite endgame content were things like Nyzule Isle and ZNMs. But I also have fond memories of Abyssea and Voidwatch stuff. If not for the sort of crappy way EXP was handled in Abyssea, I think the transition from 75 to 99 level cap would have been much more well-received.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-09 14:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I always loved worm party, tbf.
By Draylo 2023-10-09 18:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Delve era for me although Abyssea was very close second.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-10-09 19:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite set of years from my XI experience were the ones leading up to and including Abyssea.

I spent years as a WAR main painstakingly skilling up every weapon I could wield till I could get the WSNMs.

While leveling I kept Axe, Sword, and Gaxe skilled up in EXP, and I got kicked out of no smaller amount of parties because people thought I was slowing them down even though I always switched back to dual axes when the skill ups capped for the level.

I was told I was insane. That skilling up my alt weapons basically didn't matter. Except Polearm because Penta Thrust and Colibri.

Yet, there I was. Doing Savage Blade on Hakutaku for nearly 1000 damage, when all other melees were struggling to break 700.

There I was at Jailer of Temperance, never having to disengage, because I could always damage it.

There I was the week of the 2handed update, hitting harder with great axe auto attacks than some jobs could WS.

There I was out damaging my entire LS on ZNMs with a 378 delay great sword with my white damage alone.

There I was at the very start of Abyssea with every red and blue proc available to WAR getting my entire LS their atmas, abyssites, and blue proc item drops.

And then Merited WSes came out, and Resolution said hello <3
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-10-09 20:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Delve era for me although Abyssea was very close second.
Probably 75 cap right before it raised as favorite, July 2010, and second fav was abyssea soloing NMs that people told me were impossible with my job combo.

I remember when Fuath came out Vyre told me thf solo was impossible when I mentioned killing it, but I found a way with almost all the NM. "thf99 soloing Rani" was a painful video to attempt to make lol
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-09 20:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent years as a WAR main painstakingly skilling up every weapon I could wield till I could get the WSNMs.
I was like that on Blue Mage. I made sure I had every spell for any level I'd level into, and would altogether stop grouping for EXP until I learned the spells for the next few levels. I did that all the way up until Lv.75.

People called me crazy, especially since half of the spells were worthless. But I'd have felt awful if I really needed one particular spell for a situation and had to tell the party "Sorry, folks, I only learned Head Butt and Bludgeon."

And then it paid off in the end because Abyssea procs demanded some of the most random shitty spells. Not to mention, it was a lot easier keeping on top of the spells as they were rolling out new ones. The thought of speed-running BLU to 99 and then going back and having to learn all of the spells would be a nightmare.

I kinda wish Geomancer existed in the era of slower levels. I bet that would have been a lot of fun leveling more gradually and looking forward to hunting for the next Geocolure.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-10-09 23:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oof, Ever Crisis has dropped Aerith's princess dress right before Halloween. I want it (and Zack's prince costume to match later), but is it worth missing out on potential spoopy costumes? ;w;
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-10-10 03:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
Oof, Ever Crisis has dropped Aerith's princess dress right before Halloween. I want it (and Zack's prince costume to match later), but is it worth missing out on potential spoopy costumes? ;w;

I lucked out a bit there. I had some really good stamp rolls and still have enough crystals for Halloween. I'm not sure if Aerith gets a spoopy costume too or if this is it for October, though.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-10 04:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Enjoy the monthly updates to Ambuscade and a new location for Khimaira in the Bhaflau Thickets.

I almost feel like some irony here when they say to "enjoy" something that is clearly not related to enjoyment, like moving stuffs one square to the side.

"Hey, I moved this mob some yalms to the left"

"ow ***! thats awesome! now i will have the time of my life!"
By Pantafernando 2023-10-10 05:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how some "proactivity" comes from some devs without any background of reality.

The printscreen feature is the current case: amazing tool, one button and here its my image to paste whatever I like.

Nice and easy, it does get the job donoe well.

But simplicity doesnt seems like an interesting word to some devs. No, they need to add features to printscreen!

Now I hit the buttom, and instead of having my image spitted to me, now Im presented with a discreet retangle with 4 frigging buttons. Now I can choose between taking a shot, or recording a video.

And, if I want to take a shot, I need to click a list of options and decide the size of the shot in a 4 options menu.

There is also an "X" button, in case you went out of your frigging way to the top buttons and have hit the printscreen button by accident. Well, if you had to do it before, no big deal, it was saved in memory the image, but most of time I can simply carry on with that. But not now. Now I need to manually dismiss frigging printscreen option.

New features are very nice to have. BUT you dont need to clutter shitz inside a classic feature... add it as a new feature, leave the old ones intact.

I suppose this is a simptoms of the new gen... they must feel like its their holy job to "fix" what the history already consecrate.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-10 08:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose this is a simptoms of the new gen... they must feel like its their holy job to "fix" what the history already consecrate.
No, no. I don't think it's a generational thing. I'm pretty sure we've reached the end of the road for the development of a lot of software, and a lot of people are just desperately trying to innovate things that don't need innovating so they can keep their jobs.

Microsoft Outlook started to try and predict the sentences I was writing. But I found it extremely distracting because my brain kept trying to read its suggestions. Even in the 1-in-100 chance it did predict correctly, it took me longer to read it, agree to it, find the button to fill the text, and then switch my brain back into "writing mode". So I went to go turn it off. Only... there's no options or preferences button anymore, not even a gear or triple-dot icon. OK, maybe it's under the "File" button? Nope, that's gone as well. It's all different. All changed. All of that stuff is now behind a tab that's behind another tab that's behind another tab.

It's like microwaves. You probably only need like 6 buttons on a microwave (including numbers and the Start/Stop buttons), but they're all looking like freaking satellite TV remotes. And yet, out of all of the innovations people have been clamouring for for decades, I've yet to find one that lets you adjust the beep volume.

My parents bought a toaster a few years ago. It literally takes 7 different inputs to toast bread.
1. Wake it up
2. "Toast"
3. How many slices? (It doesn't even have an option for "1")
4. "OK"
5. How dark do you want the toast?
6. "OK"
7. "Start"

My parents don't even like using it because they're worried they're going to burn the house down. But I guess some savvy salesperson sold them on it.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-10-10 09:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how some "proactivity" comes from some devs without any background of reality.

The printscreen feature is the current case: amazing tool, one button and here its my image to paste whatever I like.

Nice and easy, it does get the job donoe well.

But simplicity doesnt seems like an interesting word to some devs. No, they need to add features to printscreen!

Now I hit the buttom, and instead of having my image spitted to me, now Im presented with a discreet retangle with 4 frigging buttons. Now I can choose between taking a shot, or recording a video.

And, if I want to take a shot, I need to click a list of options and decide the size of the shot in a 4 options menu....
I too noticed this change.

But I also noticed that the screenshot doesn't save ANYWHERE.

Not to clipboard so I can cntrl-v to paint. Not in pictures, not even to captures where it is supposed to save to.

WTF??!!??
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22479 22480 22481 ... 22706 22707 22708