Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22433 22434 22435 ... 22710 22711 22712
By Afania 2023-06-24 15:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It makes sense to make that kind of game.

It does not make sense to call it #16 in a series of completely different games.

It makes sense for moneeeeyyyy.

Come on, out of all people you should know this best :p.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-24 15:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't even make sense that way either. They'll lose more money long term shitting on the FF name/brand.

No ones going to buy 17 18 19 if theyre looking for rpgs. Other companies will take the space.

....They'll all be filled with blockchain NFT crypto gatcha anyway, so
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-06-24 15:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to start 16 on Monday, it should take me a while to get through it. The demo was nothing like DMC, but it also wasn't traditional FF. It's being marketed for the West, more mature, older main character. I remain a little concerned about the story holding up for the length of the game, but we will see.
By Afania 2023-06-24 15:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't even make sense that way either. They'll lose more money long term shitting on the FF name.

There are no evidence that genre change = lose money in the past. yakuza and assassin's creed sales actually increased after the genre change.

Generally if a series die it's because 1) Market no longer prefer the direction 2) Bad quality ruin the rep. Genre change isn't one of them if there is still a market for this kind of game.

In the case of 16, changing from a narrative focused rpg into a narrative focused arpg isn't that big of a change. It's not like it turned into a storyless sports game or something.

No ones going to buy 17 18 19 if theyre looking for rpgs.

We'll see about that. If low rpg element isn't being accepted by the market then I am pretty sure SE will adjust the direction in ff17, 18, 19. Some of the design direction in FF16 clearly addressed FF15 problems too. So there are room for changes with a different team.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-06-24 15:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
storyless sports game
The story is to WIN. Just like RPG.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-24 15:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
....you really don't see it, do you?

See what lol. I see how it works perfectly clear. But you insist things has to work the way you want when it doesn't.

The bottom line is FF without numbers is never considered as mainline within FF community and the sales were terrible in the past. FF Crystal Chronicles, Dissidia FF, FF mystic Quest, FF Origin, FF legend..... they've done it many many times. To the point that I can predict the sales result of "Final Fantasy: Prince's Journey": It's gonna be worse than "FF16" with the same content.

If buyers act this way then why force a change for "FF feels"?

See how i can read you or a press release from SE, and its the exact same thing. Amazing how people are so mistrusting of governments these days yet will completely believe a corporation.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-06-24 15:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazing how people are so mistrusting of governments these days yet will completely believe a corporation.
SO damn true. And even confuse good companies with bad companies b/c hive mind.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-24 15:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
storyless sports game
The story is to WIN. Just like RPG.

FFX Origins: Blitzball World Cup.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-06-24 15:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

FF COD sounds cool to me if I get to be Cid

(do they still make john madden games lol, maybe FIFA fits better)

I'd also play the f outta some Madden FF
The Spirits Within could've made a good FPS game. Just include some classic monsters like Bombs and Iron Giants among the spirit snakes/tentacles. Maybe collect crystals instead of biological samples if they really need to make it more obvious that it's just a standard FF story in a different setting.

And a stand-alone Blitzball game could be fantastic, as long as it's the X version and not the watered down version from X-2. Chocobo racing (proper version, not the Mario Kart version) could also easily carry a game by itself.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-24 15:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

And as long as they weren't called FF17 that'd be great
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-24 15:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-24 16:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Most critical posts I've seen don't boil down to the merit of the game itself, but to either:

A) They didn't make the game you wanted
B) Console warriors (this is going to happen again in September with Starfield, except in reverse)

With very few people who have actually played it and have genuine critiques about the game that was made. Ultimately I'm about half way in and this is shaping up to be the best entry in the FF series since, at minimum, 12, and more than likely since 10. In addition, it won't require years and years of additional dlc, game of the year updates, or additional games (""parts"") to conclude which in today's gaming landscape is refreshing.

Quite frankly if you're willing to discard 16 because it isn't the turn based dream you've wanted for 25 years then you're only doing yourself a disservice, but it is what it is. Can't wait to continue playing and I look forward to the future of the series if this is the quality we can expect going forward because it finally feels like they gave a *** again when they made this game.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2023-06-24 16:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, TSW would be fine as 17. It's a standard FF story in a new setting. There's nothing there that makes it not work as a numbered FF except your own insistance that they should pander to you instead.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-24 16:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The story sure, the FPS, no

FF17 The spirits within, totally fine
FF17 The call of duty within, hell to the no
FF: The FPS within, couldn't care less so go for it
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-24 16:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I've seen the defense of "you just love it because Yoshida made it"

I have played every game in the ff series, including offshoots like mystic quest, most of them multiple times. I have traveled internationally to participate in final fantasy events. I've traveled across the country just to see final fantasy concerts. I have spent more money than I care to admit on ff merchandise and memorabilia.

I am a Final Fantasy fan.

I am not a Yoshida fan.

I am not a turn based combat fan.

I am not an action combat fan.

I am a Final Fantasy fan. And Ff16 is a final fantasy game whether you think it is or not.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-24 16:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Also I've seen the defense of "you just love it because Yoshida made it"

I have played every game in the ff series, including offshoots like mystic quest, most of them multiple times. I have traveled internationally to participate in final fantasy events. I've traveled across the country just to see final fantasy concerts. I have spent more money than I care to admit on ff merchandise and memorabilia.

I am a Final Fantasy fan.

I am not a Yoshida fan.

I am not a turn based combat fan.

I am not an action combat fan.

I am a Final Fantasy fan. And Ff16 is a final fantasy game whether you think it is or not.

I kid^^ its just too great of a comeback to not use now and then :P
By Draylo 2023-06-24 16:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

We are all FF fans or we wouldnt be here honestly. Its ok to like it and its ok to dislike it. I havent finished it 100% but was giving my impression of what I played. These debates come up for every new game, always going to have likes and dislikes. The thing I hate the most is the hype and bandwagons and shouting people down, nothing but that across social media and the massive ad push behind this game is absolutely ridiculous. It could be an ok game but the best FF? Really disagree, but you are entitled to your opinion.
By Draylo 2023-06-24 16:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They have the weirdest collabs too

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-24 16:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You can like and dislike whatever you want. My umbrage is specifically with the weirdo gatekeepers who want to say it isn't a final fantasy game.

(also I said best ff since 12/10, not best ever)
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-06-24 17:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I do expect it to be better than any FF since 10. Again I am curious to see if they story can hold up with such a small cast, but we will see. I know it has a huge NG+ feature and I am looking forward to that as well. I doubt anyone here has actually finished the game yet, so its pretty easy to cast the complaints aside as just salt.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-06-24 17:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd unironically play a blitzball onry game.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-24 17:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »

I'd unironically play a blitzball onry game.
***' A me too! I completely avoided that minigame in my 1st playthru of X, but second time thru I easily spent as much time in that pool as I did the game.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2023-06-24 17:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Blitzball is inspired by the Captain Tsubasa line of games from Tecmo. Go play those.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-06-24 17:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Blitzball is inspired by the Captain Tsubasa line of games from Tecmo. Go play those.
TECMO BOWL!
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-24 17:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

TECMO BOWL!

I'm Bo Jackson.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-06-24 17:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

TECMO BOWL!

I'm Bo Jackson.
GD IT
[+]
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2023-06-24 17:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I'm going to start 16 on Monday, it should take me a while to get through it. The demo was nothing like DMC, but it also wasn't traditional FF. It's being marketed for the West, more mature, older main character. I remain a little concerned about the story holding up for the length of the game, but we will see.
Story's been solid. A little dark, but very good so far.

Leon Kasai said: »
Nah, TSW would be fine as 17
I read this as The Secret World and then got mad at FunCom again for *** that up

Anyway, overall 16 impressions are very good. My main nitpicks are that the camera could stand to be about two feet farther back, there's a real dearth of meaningful equipment upgrades, and it's overall a little on the easy side.

Like, my old man reflexes with no rings and action-focused mode and I'm still steamrolling things. You whippersnappers better be marching right through it
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-24 17:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It wouldve been good to have hard mode available off the hop, yeah. From what i've read about NG+ it'll basically be like playing a whole different game though. Difficulty hits a high note and entire battles are redesigned down to the enemies available
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-06-24 17:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
The Secret World and then got mad at FunCom again for *** that up
I played Conan and secret world and as much as I hate funcom... I'll play Dune :(
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2023-06-24 17:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, even delaying it by like a year Bamco still managed to *** up Gundam Battle Operation 2's PC port. It turns out that it's apparently possible to just straight up edit the amount of currency you have (including the paid currency) because it's stored client-side with minimal server checks, and now people have found a way to play boss units in pvp too. At least it's funnier than just infinite health/ammo I guess.
I would kill for a competent dev team to make a Gundam game again... And not get replaced for no reason 3 games in like the Gundam Breaker team did.
First Page 2 3 ... 22433 22434 22435 ... 22710 22711 22712