Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22316 22317 22318 ... 22566 22567 22568
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-30 02:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Confirmed several times today that Floor 80 and Floor 100 boss do not 100% drop Vigil Weapons lmao.

I just need the Brave Blade now(PLD), but Nyzul ain't putting out!
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-11-30 03:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Job change to PLD and jump to floor 96. That should do the trick. If you don't have PLD leveled, wait two weeks and it's free Echad Ring time for any character without one. Make a $1 mule and they get a free one. Mail it to your main. Delete the mule. Repeat until your D-box is full of them and you can level any time like there is an exp campaign going on.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-30 03:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
Job change to PLD and jump to floor 96. That should do the trick. If you don't have PLD leveled, wait two weeks and it's free Echad Ring time for any character without one. Make a $1 mule and they get a free one. Mail it to your main. Delete the mule. Repeat until your D-box is full of them and you can level any time like there is an exp campaign going on.

Esdain with the pro strats :O!

I'm soloin' though, and I don't think PLD has what it takes compared to RDM (Lacks Enspells at 75 / no Composure / No enfeeblements / PLD hits like a whiffle bat / I don't like PLD).

But this character has an Echad Ring as well as every job at 75. About half of them are fully merited atm.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-30 04:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can confirm. PLD does not have what it takes. I tried anyway, and on floor 97 gave me Long Gunned Chariot. PLD75 got its *** handed to it lol. Though, admittedly, I don't have all of the best gear at 75 for PLD anyway, unlike my RDM so... but even so. I don't think it would have made a difference. Oof!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-30 06:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Just ask someone to go pld with you (that has floor 100)
By Pantafernando 2022-11-30 07:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I will go with you
By Pantafernando 2022-11-30 07:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

100 millions half hour of work
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-30 09:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

We have all the official base camps and Race Village established, as well as a concrete calendar for the Youth/Women's World Cup Finals. Soon we should get the Prada Cup (Current sponsor of The Challenger's Series to determine who faces ETNZ in The Cup) window. Of course that is subject to change until May 31, the official "late entry" date, though most analysts do not expect any other teams to join if they haven't already committed to preparing.

Barcelona will take a LOT of flack for hosting what is New Zealand's Cup to Defend, as the only other times it has been moved from the Defender's Waters were when the US hosted from Bermuda (but still technically 'American Waters') and when Alinghi defended for the Swiss in the early 2000s from Valencia, Spain (Switzerland kinda doesn't have oceanfront property, hehe). But it should be amazing sailing, and the city is flat out gorgeous- they'll host a great Cup.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-11-30 09:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really. These are not autonomous robots, these are telepresence. As in there is a human operator guiding them.

The next step will be semi autonomous, asking a human operator to confirm the kill decision. Many armed drones do this already.

Fully autonomous killbots are in the works though .... They will be here in ten years or less.

My cheerful morning thoughts!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-30 09:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

(some) Teslas already fully automated killing robots, lol

Amazon warehouse bots, too
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-30 09:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Not really. These are not autonomous robots, these are telepresence. As in there is a human operator guiding them.

The next step will be semi autonomous, asking a human operator to confirm the kill decision. Many armed drones do this already.

Fully autonomous killbots are in the works though .... They will be here in ten years or less.

My cheerful morning thoughts!

Delos is just around the corner.....

[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2022-11-30 09:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Nice to see Husky doing another XI cover.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-30 10:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Fighters of the Crystal is a good song to cover because it's one of those that's like "Really good composition, not great production quality" in the game itself. There's no point in covering something that's already perfect, as so many people tend to do.

It's like how Disney keeps remaking movies that were already good, like Lion King, instead of movies that were close to greatness like Atlantis or Treasure Planet.

Yeah, wow. He really knocked this one out of the park <3
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-11-30 10:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Im so annoyed...

I always ask the same order when i go to the cafeteria, then the atendamt srarts remembering it and preparing it before i ask...

But twice already the order came missing thing.

The simple order of tea with ice and lemon alerady came without ice and today without lemon.

Basically this tea is my main incentive to come to office, so this kind of error really is bothersome
By Pantafernando 2022-11-30 10:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I considered to ask to the attendant to not prepare before i ask, but i guess a more neutral approach would be just inspecting the tea before leaving.

I guess i will go with that
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2022-11-30 10:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Fighters of the Crystal is a good song to cover because it's one of those that's like "Really good composition, not great production quality" in the game itself. There's no point in covering something that's already perfect, as so many people tend to do.

It's like how Disney keeps remaking movies that were already good, like Lion King, instead of movies that were close to greatness like Atlantis or Treasure Planet.

Yeah, wow. He really knocked this one out of the park <3

Out of curiosity, what other XI songs you feel would be good to cover using your criteria? Maybe things to suggest forward to Husky in comments for their review.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-30 11:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, what other XI songs you feel would be good to cover using your criteria? Maybe things to suggest forward to Husky in comments for their review.
A lot of the CoP ones. I think it was around the tail end of Zilart to the start or Promathia where Mizuta took over as not just the sole composer, but the music producer as well. While the compositions are amazing, they all sound a bit poorly processed using modern sound systems. He definitely perfected it by the time Treasures came out, but Chains music is a great example of "so close to perfection".

That and like maybe San d'Oria and Chateau d'Oraguille could use some real orchestral bagpipes. At least in my opinion, those songs don't really stand the test of time.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-30 11:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Incidentally, it just occurred to me that the song "Echoes of a Zephyr" might actually be a pun. If a zephyr is a word to describe a gentle breeze, it being the song used in Gustaberg might be a really, really clever joke.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-30 11:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

real orchestral bagpipes.

You just bruised my soul.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-30 11:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Why? Because that's technically an oxymoron? :3
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-30 12:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Why? Because that's technically an oxymoron? :3

As a double reed player (bassoon), I view the bagpipe as a poor man's imitation, specifically made for out of shape pasty scots who don't have the breath support to maintain a note on their own ;)

(now if we're talking Uileann Bagpipes, we can discuss ^^)
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-11-30 12:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

San d'Oria

/block add "Jessie"
/reason note1 "bagpipe fangirl"
/reason note2 "broke James' heart"

Seriously though, my friends were playing FFXI for a few months before I started and they told me to join San 'D Oria.

I really dislike bagpipes because of that track. At one point I switched around the dats to take the music from the [S] version of sandy and replace normal time Sandy bagpipes o' doom, but I did a clean install a while back.

Thank god I have a macro that executes a random song via setbgm. I have to hit it every time I enter Sandy or get on my mount. They really need to implement this like GTA has different radio stations you can pick when you get in a car.

Grand Theft Mount.

I believe there was a GrandTheftChocobo linkshell somewhere at some point. I'm sure of it.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2022-11-30 12:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

San d'Oria

/block add "Jessie"
/reason note1 "bagpipe fangirl"
/reason note2 "broke James' heart"

Seriously though, my friends were playing FFXI for a few months before I started and they told me to join San 'D Oria.

I *** hate bagpipes because of that track. At one point I switched around the dats to take the music from the [S] version of sandy and replace normal time Sandy bagpipes o' doom, but I did a clean install a while back.

Thank god I have a macro that executes a random song via setbgm. I have to hit it every time I enter Sandy or get on my mount. They really need to implement this like GTA has different radio stations you can pick when you get in a car.

Grand Theft Mount.

I believe there was a GrandTheftChocobo linkshell somewhere at some point. I'm sure of it.

Bagpipes ftw. Was Aeonova/Esy not from Sandy? Maybe I'm misremembering your allegiance. As long as it isn't Windy, I guess.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-30 12:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

At one point I switched around the dats to take the music from the [S] version of sandy and replace normal time Sandy bagpipes o' doom
That's exactly what I've got right now. Griffin's Never Die is a great song, and it's much easier on my ears than Synthetic Bagpipes Intensifies.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-11-30 13:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2022-11-30 13:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Weren't you permabanned? Not very nice to skirt the rule.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-30 13:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally how it sounded in my head when I was 16. Husky is awesome!

Y'all ever listen to that Tweex channel that did remixes of zone music from XI? His Bastok remix and Selbina remix are to die for.

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-30 14:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Esdain is Aeonova? :o? Say whaaat
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-30 14:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Y'all ever listen to that Tweex channel that did remixes of zone music from XI? His Bastok remix and Selbina remix are to die for.
I've had the entire album on my phone since he released those wonderful covers.

I know some folks who were excitedly talking about the "new music they've made for HorizonXI" (that new private server coming out) and showed a clip (timestamped) and I was like "Wait... that's just Tweex's music"

Supposedly the HorizonXI developers did get the rights to use his covers, but I've seen a lot of streamers - even that Huntin4Games guy (timestamped) - spreading wrong information that these are new songs for the server. Even when I link people to Tweex's original uploads they don't believe me until they see the publication date of ten years ago.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2022-11-30 14:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »

Totally how it sounded in my head when I was 16. Husky is awesome!

Oooo, I love this
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22316 22317 22318 ... 22566 22567 22568