Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21264 21265 21266 ... 22715 22716 22717
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-03 15:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Go for it. PLEASE

fu new page...you ***.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-07-03 16:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus.. The ***people argue about.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2018-07-03 17:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

cant really call it an argument. I asked a question so i could gain some knowledge on it. Hes done nothing but berate the whole time. Whether is was a rant about me misusing a word, or great analytical retorts like the one above, or attacking me for being disabled. So id hardly call it an argument. - I am however done with him and will not be responding to him again.

If anyone has any real information that they would like to present, im all ears.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-03 17:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

Really... we'll argue about toast eventually
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By volkom 2018-07-03 17:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Texas toast > french toast > other toast
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2018-07-03 17:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

STOP EATING TOAST AND EAT GRILL NAAN BREAD!
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-07-03 17:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Grilled cheese is basically 2 slices of buttered toast with cheese in between therefore best toast
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2018-07-03 18:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

french toast made with texas toast is the best toast
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-07-03 18:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
they way it is refined and processed these days, its very hard to ignite it. You can take a match, light it, drop it in, and the only thing that will happen is the match goes out. Its not enough to ignite it. You would need something near catastrophic to do that.

this statement is false but I invite you to try it to prove me wrong.

Shipley Energy
Quote:
In recent years, oil-tank heating systems have experienced a revival for a number of reasons. If you haven’t researched oil-tank heaters recently, it may surprise you to know that:
Because it first has to be atomized to burn, heating oil can't be ignited by accidentally introducing it to flame. If you accidentally drop a match or cigarette into an oil tank, it won’t burn or explode. The flame will be extinguished.

Without getting mean, they and you are patently wrong on this point. It's not about the ignition point of the liquid, it's about the ignition point of the vapor, and it most certainly is flammable.

Also if your electric bill was that high from your electric then you have a serious issue that should be addressed. I know my electric bill gets insane in the winter, I know I have severe air leaking, still not going to run the risk of blowing myself up by keeping a bomb under me.

Liquid No. 2 home heating oil will ignite at about 494 deg. F. or 256 deg C.

Stupid sticks:

Temperature without drawing:
Side of the lit portion: 400 deg C (or 752 deg F)
Middle of the lit portion: 580 deg C (or 1112 deg F)

Temperature during drawing:
Middle of the lit portion: 700 deg C (or 1292 deg F)

Not to mention the other dangers of having an oil tank in an old house like it probably hasn't been maintained well, pipes, etc, since you're keeping it anyway get it inspected, your local fire department may be able to help in this regard (and/or your insurance company as a preventative measure).

edit: We should probably end this though man, good luck.
By Jetackuu 2018-07-03 18:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
french toast made with texas toast is the best toast

French toast is supposed to be made with older bread that's a bit stiff. Go figure.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2018-07-03 18:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Without getting mean, they and you are patently wrong on this point. It's not about the ignition point of the liquid, it's about the ignition point of the vapor, and it most certainly is flammable.

That is true. But is that not part of the reason why the tank is sealed and double plated? So vapors cant get out into a home?

Not to mention the other dangers of having an oil tank in an old house like it probably hasn't been maintained well, pipes, etc, since you're keeping it anyway get it inspected, your local fire department may be able to help in this regard (and/or your insurance company as a preventative measure).

That i most definitely agree with and is something iv been wanting to do for a while. But again.. everyone wants money to do things. So i have to wait. (At least its not being used tho)
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2018-07-03 18:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if your electric bill was that high from your electric then you have a serious issue that should be addressed. I know my electric bill gets insane in the winter,

Actually, that last place with the electric furnace is better sealed then my current place. I know my current place is losing a lot. Especially the old windows. But redoing a whole house of windows alone is insanely expensive.

I did find out, several months after that month in the last place with the high electric bill, that the heat pack portion of the furnace was failing. So its efficiency wasnt the best. I had a new one installed there but never was there to test it out in terms of price.

I know I have severe air leaking, still not going to run the risk of blowing myself up by keeping a bomb under me.
This will probably come off a lot worse then i mean it to; but im genuinely wondering; how is a sealed oil tank sitting in a basement a bigger 'bomb' risk then something like a gas tank in a car? Gas is much more easily lit then oil iir. In the sun, high speeds, primed for crashes and anything else that might happen, and we are sitting a few feet away from the tank.. Seems like that is a lot more risky to me and millions deal with that every day without giving it a first thought. (and i know both tanks have there own safety features, but still..)
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2018-07-03 19:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

will you guys stfu about it? i mean seriously who gives a ***. godofgods, jet will argue until he dies, there is no point. just smile nod and slowly turn away.

this gif is more important than anything you two are going on about.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2018-07-04 00:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a Texas Benedict.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2018-07-04 09:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dayum, Dragon Ball Legends still being generous. Clearing all daily missions for the next two weeks will give 1 ticket (for 14 total). You can spend 7 tickets for a guaranteed SP character on the newest summon banner.

Also, new Build Divers kits confirmed.The Impulse customs are kinda cool, but this was a missed opportunity to get a Destiny Impulse kit. :<

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-07-04 10:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That issue is mostly mute.

and yet here you are talking about it.... >.>

the word is MOOT

the definition is

Definition of moot

1 a : open to question : debatable
b : subjected to discussion : disputed
2 : deprived of practical significance : made abstract or purely academic

Let's assume you mean "deprived of practical significance" and you are still WRONG because it's not, because heating oil is flammable or you couldn't use it to heat your home with.

Number 2 fuel oil has a flash point of 52 °C (126 °F). so NO you can't drop a lit cigarette in the tank. Why? because it would explode before the cigarette hit the oil. Probably while it was still hanging from your lips while you removed the cap to the tank.

Diesel (which is very similar) for equipment must be below 15ppm sulfur, heating oil must be below 500 ppm sulfur. that's why it stinks so bad.

It's a flammable liquid, tanks and pipes are prone to leaking, it's impossible to clean up. It's impossible to get rid of the smell, it's 4X as expensive as natural gas. It's bad and you should feel bad for defending it.

If you have a natural gas leak you "clean" it up by opening a *** window.... I tell you what. Here is a simple test. Go buy a gallon of diesel and spill in your garage or basement floor and then let us know how long it takes you to clean it up. Please smoke while doing it.

We get it. You have warm emotional attachment because your idiot parents used it when you were a kid. That doesn't make everyone's else's clearly spelled out arguments against it as "mute"

With the cost savings of switching to natural gas you could pay off the new furnace in as little as two years. Your point is moot! You want the truth!? you can't handle the truth!!!

YouTube Video Placeholder

How did I miss the random oil tank discussion. Please someone summarize it !

Also French Toast is good !
By fonewear 2018-07-04 10:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in my day we didn't have toast we had to use a hair drier just to warm bread.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2018-07-04 12:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

where's this alt?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2018-07-05 16:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-07-05/sunrise-legendary-announce-live-action-gundam-film/.133849
By clearlyamule 2018-07-05 17:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What could possibly go wrong
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 21264 21265 21266 ... 22715 22716 22717