Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20323 20324 20325 ... 22715 22716 22717
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-06 11:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
tell them they aren't allowed to play a game

Just stay away from endgame content where you are going to piss people off by "lagging".

If you need an MMO for escape reasons but you are gunna use your internet connection as an excuse for performing poorly you absolutely should limit yourself in what content you attempt.

A broadband internet connection is listed on the system requirements. If you can't meet the system requirements, don't play the game.

If you choose to play the game, if you can't perform because of your connection, if you still choose to attempt content that is beyond your means be it your internet connection or your skill level, if you STILL TRY DESPITE ALL THAT, then DO NOT

DO NOT

DO NOT *** cry when someone sticks a figurative digital foot up your *** for stinking up their run.
I wouldn't say Alex is really that "endgame." Especially this far into the patch.

Another problem with Midcore and lower players right now when it comes to FFXIV is our unwillingness to adapt to situations to help cover up issues that arise from weaker players, so when a battle goes south people are more likely to get angry and start blaming others/rage quitting rather than trying to find out what they can do to remedy a situation to stop it from going south and eventually ending in a wipe.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-06 11:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
*Wonders if the Facebook group is worse than the #OF or Reddit or 4chan*

Can anything be worse than OF?

I feel like OF would have banned me for "Fix your *** router."
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2016-12-06 12:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

*Wonders if the Facebook group is worse than the #OF or Reddit or 4chan*

Can anything be worse than OF*?

*edit: in this specific context

I feel the three mediums I listed each have their own stupidities. It's actually funny because I find Reddit to be surprisingly more ignorant than the #OF at times because a lot of the ignorant people have been bant from the #OF, lol.

I do feel 4chan is worse than #OF because the anonymous posting enables some pretty stupidly petty toxicity.

The facebook group from what I've read just reminds me of the Novice Network outside of the game >>;....
By Ramyrez 2016-12-06 12:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just stay away from endgame content where you are going to piss people off by "lagging".

If you need an MMO for escape reasons but you are gunna use your internet connection as an excuse for performing poorly you absolutely should limit yourself in what content you attempt.

A broadband internet connection is listed on the system requirements. If you can't meet the system requirements, don't play the game.

If you choose to play the game, if you can't perform because of your connection, if you still choose to attempt content that is beyond your means be it your internet connection or your skill level, if you STILL TRY DESPITE ALL THAT, then DO NOT

DO NOT

DO NOT *** cry when someone sticks a figurative digital foot up your *** for stinking up their run.
I wouldn't say Alex is really that "endgame." Especially this far into the patch.

Another problem with Midcore and lower players right now when it comes to FFXIV is our unwillingness to adapt to situations to help cover up issues that arise from weaker players, so when a battle goes south people are more likely to get angry and start blaming others/rage quitting rather than trying to find out what they can do to remedy a situation to stop it from going south and eventually ending in a wipe.

You've just described the entire FFXI/XIV experience in one post.

Congratulations.

That's actually one thing that's always bothered me about XI.

If you're really as elite as you think you are, learn to cover for your weaker members. That's life, ***. Don't any of you mother *** have real jobs too?

It's all well and good to say "yeah, but I don't want to do it here, I do it all day at work!"

But then you do what I do these days. You DON'T PLAY AN MMO. If you're not ready to work for the group, don't be a part of a group.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-12-06 12:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

14 was super annoying in that regard. 3-4 guys don't know the dance dance revolution moves and 1-2 have shitty connection? GRATS! your time wasting skill rises by .2
By Ramyrez 2016-12-06 12:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel the three mediums I listed each have their own stupidities. It's actually funny because I find Reddit to be surprisingly more ignorant than the #OF at times because a lot of the ignorant people have been bant from the #OF, lol.

Huh.

I follow the "main" FFXI thread and it's pretty dead...

...or are you talking FFXIV? Because I don't go there. I certainly don't stop there.

It's like Bat Country.

Edit: Pic related.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2016-12-06 12:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh.

I follow the "main" FFXI thread and it's pretty dead...

...or are you talking FFXIV? Because I don't go there. I certainly don't stop there.

It's like Bat Country.

XIV =p Since the original context was a rant about XIV. This is the only site I go to when I look up XI content actually.
By Jetackuu 2016-12-06 12:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Love the one ticket I got today:

"monitor won't turn on"

walk over there *press power button)

bam!

Unfortunately I can't put in the fix "user is a *** moron."
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-06 12:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

DO NOT

You've just described the entire FFXI/XIV experience in one post.

Congratulations.

That's actually one thing that's always bothered me about XI.

If you're really as elite as you think you are, learn to cover for your weaker members. That's life, ***. Don't any of you mother *** have real jobs too?

It's all well and good to say "yeah, but I don't want to do it here, I do it all day at work!"

But then you do what I do these days. You DON'T PLAY AN MMO. If you're not ready to work for the group, don't be a part of a group.
It feels really bad when you're one of the people blowing up too. I catch myself doing it at least half the time, especially if I've had a long day at work or with the kid.

I will say this, if it's more than 2-3 people you're having issues with or it's something like not being able to DPS check for a fight and you know some people are just minimally meeting the requirements for the fight while everyone else is pushing themselves to their limits, then I feel like the rage is a little more founded and legit.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-06 12:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't any of you mother *** have real jobs too?

*cough*

6_6
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-06 12:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

"monitor won't turn on"

bam!

User dream is unclear.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-06 12:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

"monitor won't turn on"

bam!

Some places get very sensitive about people who aren't IT touching the power.

I'm supposed to call IT if I want anything changed. Keyboard/mouse moved? Monitors re-oriented? Spacebar popped off to get rid of the crumbs the last user left in the keyboard?

Submit a ticket!
By Ramyrez 2016-12-06 12:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't any of you mother *** have real jobs too?

*cough*

6_6

Yes, I wasn't speaking directly to you. I'd have used a trigger warning but I don't believe in them.

Truth be told I was sort of passive-aggressively criticizing some old friends. They'd *** and *** and *** and *** and *** about how bad pickups or other people were, oblivious to the fact they were just making things worse by complaining and not focusing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-12-06 12:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

went into sophia a few nights ago, solo (not ex)
lag kicked in, somehow ended up dead about half way into the fight.
between mechanics, aoe, bad raising timing (raising seconds before a tilt) basically stayed dead the rest of the fight.
kinda felt bad, i ate like 4-5 raises, and i know i looked like an idiot, but people where nice and didnt say a thing.
= n=
commended the healer that kept spamming raise on me. lol
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-06 12:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I don't blow up at someone who is lagging right away.

I give them a chance to say something about it, like brb resetting my whatever. Just saying something will get them a pass because at least they are trying to fix it.

If they don't say anything I will start a vote kick if it actually interrupting things, or slowing a dungeon a ton.

After my vote kick fails and they have stepped on all my pressure plate triggers, Lilli.exe loads up and I give them a good textual thrashing.

I blew up on this person on the FB thing though because she refused to acknowledge that her system/network OR her skills were capable of negatively impacting someone and that they would be at all justified in being upset.

Sure you are allowed to play the game, but people are allowed to get pissy and say something. If they go past a certain point by all means report them, but just don't *** cry about it when you brought it on yourself.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-06 12:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if you play "Ice Mage" (that FB group had a few dozen of them) then you also are never ever allowed to cry about anyone being mean to you or vote kicking you from anything.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-06 12:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
went into sophia a few nights ago, solo (not ex)
lag kicked in, somehow ended up dead about half way into the fight.
between mechanics, aoe, bad raising timing (raising seconds before a tilt) basically stayed dead the rest of the fight.
kinda felt bad, i ate like 4-5 raises, and i know i looked like an idiot, but people where nice and didnt say a thing.
= n=
commended the healer that kept spamming raise on me. lol

Reminds me of Wildskeeper Reaves.

Too many people. Lagging no matter what's going on with my connection. Never live long!
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-06 12:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes I say something that I understand why people would [+] it, and then for fun I say something terrible as well because I like to imagine people hovering over the [+] unsure of if it is okay to do it.

Nachos are amazing.

Puppies can usually fit in a blender.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-06 12:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, @Grumpy:

I'm aware some of your issue is pretty XIV-specific so I admit to lacking perspective there.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-06 12:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes I say something that I understand why people would [+] it, and then for fun I say something terrible as well because I like to imagine people hovering over the [+] unsure of if it is okay to do it.

Nachos are amazing.

Puppies can usually fit in a blender.

- I + things if I can see a good point even if I immediately post a contradiction.

- Nachos are amazing.

- So could your severed genitals.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2016-12-06 12:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I am done ranting. I have been reminded I need to draw more boobies.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-06 12:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

But, it is that person's choice if they want to attempt to play the game with problems like that, and I don't know if it's really right to tell them they aren't allowed to play a game just because they can't or just don't have internet that can sustain the game properly if they can enjoy playing the game under such conditions.
Anyone can queue for/join whatever, that's their call to make. The rest of the group is however under no obligation to have to deal with/carry them if they'd rather not. The "It's my 12.99 a month" argument works both ways, queuing into something with a bad connection is fine, but so is booting someone jeopardizing the run if that's what the rest of the party decides.

Edit: Like if I join a farm party and keep making mistakes because I'm tired/bad or whatever I'll leave after a couple pulls... much of the community however get's to be "lol it's fine guys I've only died 10 times each pull, why you gotta kick me too serious".
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-12-06 12:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

something something i haven't had my coffee. can't even read this page.

that being said grumpy is obviously wrong about whatever. i have a very strong opinion about it.
By Bloodrose 2016-12-06 12:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

the feels in the thread today summed up by Dave the Barbarian:

Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-06 12:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a parent but if you say "I'm gonna bust your ***!" to your kid and he says "No! I'll bust YOUR ***!" You should probably have your own *** busted for teaching your three-year-old profanity.

Just Saiyan.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-12-06 12:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I'm not a parent but if you say "I'm gonna bust your ***!" to your kid and he says "No! I'll bust YOUR ***!" You should probably have your own *** busted for teaching your three-year-old profanity.

Just Saiyan.

The concept of profane language is religious in nature, I have no problem with them using it. There is an issue with violence on children though :|
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-06 12:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
the feels in the thread today summed up by Dave the Barbarian:

I see your Dave and raise you Billy (he fought a bear!).

By Bloodrose 2016-12-06 12:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

Just Saiyan.
You also shouldn't go around swearing in front of your own kid, and then ***, moan, gripe, w/e when someone else swears around your kid.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-06 12:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an issue of manners. Kids don't know when it's inappropriate to use profanity and when they do it reflects the parents badly.

You don't look at the "Hello, ***!" Kid on YouTube and think "Wow, he learned to cuss all by himself." you look at him and think "Wow, his parents must be teenaged edgelords."
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20323 20324 20325 ... 22715 22716 22717