Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20310 20311 20312 ... 22712 22713 22714
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-04 21:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It took 43 hours to run out of things to do on XV in chapter 3, so now I have to do story :<
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-04 21:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
lonely on xiv ._. gonna reload tsw and play through some story. i'm thinking dual pistols and chaos magic.

I was on earlier but the only thing I could queue for that didn't take 30 minutes was POTD and I am kinda burned out on that.

Ugh I gotta log in because I forgot to do moogle stuff.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-12-04 21:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiggles said: »
Ohji Lunartail said: »
its a twig
But even twigs can be sexy in the right hands!
pretty sure Y'shtola is amazing with twigs

also Terra's sword
[+]
Server: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2016-12-04 21:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

finally got a birdy! *flails*

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-12-04 21:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Prompto is really bad at his hobby.
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-04 21:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiggles said: »
Ohji Lunartail said: »
its a twig
But even twigs can be sexy in the right hands!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-12-04 21:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
lonely on xiv ._. gonna reload tsw and play through some story. i'm thinking dual pistols and chaos magic.

I was on earlier but the only thing I could queue for that didn't take 30 minutes was POTD and I am kinda burned out on that.

i need to make myself start alex, but i have no desire =(
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-04 21:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »

Prompto is really bad at his hobby.
I just had a picture of him getting a shot of the floor and nothing else.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-04 21:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »

i need to make myself start alex, but i have no desire =(
sums up most video games for me
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-12-04 21:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So if Hawaii is getting snow, maybe I'll have a chance at a White Christmas this year!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-12-04 21:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
I wish I had seen that with you mag, since the whole premise is about language and it's intricacies and that's your passion.
It does sound intriguing. I've been thinking of checking it out, myself. I might wait for it to pop up on Netflix or something, though.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-12-04 22:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope I don't feel crappy tomorrow. Felt like this weekend was nonexistent. I played games a handful of hours, didn't get to hang out with anyone I wanted to hang out with, and slept restlessly even when I slept for long periods.

Friday at work I almost collapsed a few times when I was offloading tires out of the trailers, and I nearly puked a few times after lunch. I don't feel ill, there's no symptoms. I just don't feel well, and I've felt very grumpy/crabby/irritated all weekend. I don't know why. Bedtime for me though.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-04 22:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard Vyre doesn't even lift.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-12-04 22:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in the fitness protection program.
[+]
 Hev
By Hev 2016-12-04 22:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

*takes drink*

Asura.Vyre said: »
I hope I don't feel crappy tomorrow. Felt like this weekend was nonexistent. I played games a handful of hours, didn't get to hang out with anyone I wanted to hang out with, and slept restlessly even when I slept for long periods.

Friday at work I almost collapsed a few times when I was offloading tires out of the trailers, and I nearly puked a few times after lunch. I don't feel ill, there's no symptoms. I just don't feel well, and I've felt very grumpy/crabby/irritated all weekend. I don't know why. Bedtime for me though.

i recommend miso soup and an entire roasted duck. do this for two days and report back.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-12-04 22:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-12-04 22:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what gods I have to pray to and/or kill to get a Shiggles drawing.

I mean, in XI I had to kill several gods, then become one, then give up the power of godhood.

in 14, I have had to kill every god or god-like being that's been tossed my way.

Although I've never actually prayed to any of them in game...
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-12-04 23:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
I wonder what gods I have to pray to and/or kill to get a Shiggles drawing.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-04 23:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

the *** you trying to advertise to me, amazon

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-12-04 23:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Hev
By Hev 2016-12-04 23:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
the *** you trying to advertise to me, amazon

notice there is no partridge in a pear tree. feels like a scam.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-04 23:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No worries, fam, they got you covered on partridge as well.

Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2016-12-04 23:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

schizm2 said: »
<(._.)> Just had an interesting talk with one of my friends.

I am a person that have many interests and skim along those interests where it's not a full blown hobby but only a hobby when it's convenient and doesn't feel like a chore.

Because of dipping into so many subjects and invest some time in learning a great deal about it, you can't really put all of them into one single category. Plus, it's always changing and evolving.

The main talk was about my job, I don't like it but I don't hate it. Like other jobs I held, I did great. People liked me, they tried to push me into higher positions and then out of nowhere, I leave the job.

And it's happening again. Strange though, my job, I just learned it, wrote it's own core ethics and responsibilities and how to do the job but now, I would just rather do something else. My friend mentioned that it might be because I am a survivor. Like I almost want to world to blow up to test myself and not go with the ordinary flow of life just going through the motions.

My friends know the struggles I went through after a contractor lost a job I did for 10 years. I got creative, tried different jobs and met some really cool people, each with their own stories. Maybe, just maybe, there isn't a job I would say I would be happy with or having a job that would mentally challenge me enough.

I wouldn't fret or over-analyse things too much. As adults, invariably life-changes happen--whether indirectly from employment or relationship changes, or from our direct actions/dissatisfaction with our current situations, or want for new directions to satisfy personal needs (or even avoiding undesired outcomes.)

As such, while some adults can go their entire lives on one job, with one employer, most will at some point have different career paths, and a few will have many varied careers. While it is the case that having a single dedicated/dependable employer/vocation through one's lifetime will simplify life later on (in terms of dealing with singular retirement programs, retaining higher levels of seniority/pay-scales in that line of work, avoiding having to repeatedly re-experience job-skill learning curves upon entering new vocations/worksites, etc.) there isn't really a functional difference if one diversifies skill-sets and does different jobs, IMHO. Even retirement benefit programs often can be converted or rolled-over with minimal fuss to a new employer's version, or retained as a backup without paying too many fees/expenses.

The main issue--aside from pay/opportunities for vertical progression--for most, I think, is the notion that what we do (vocation-wise) as adults defines who we are. Even speaking pragmatically, when we talk casually and introduce ourselves to others most times the topic comes up "so what do you do?" or "what is your line of work?" That concept of self-identity as defined by our employment and job-title isn't just a modern-issue, and certainly is a factor of the classic "mid-life crisis", but it is something we have to make peace with in our own minds as we navigate through big life changes.

My view is that change happens, and is healthy, and is necessary...for good changes or bad, our flexibility as humans allows us to at least choose the life situations that are most comfortable among the options we have before us. Because big changes are inevitable in life, changes to vocations will happen as well. It's not necessarily a reflection on our inability to maintain a dependable lifetime status-quo...but maybe just don't count out the possibility that you have yet to find your 'perfect fit' combination of job/employer/location/life-situation still, before assuming there might be no such thing. ^^;;
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20310 20311 20312 ... 22712 22713 22714