Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 18629 18630 18631 ... 22715 22716 22717
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-01-31 10:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite a few actually. I don't let that bother me though. It took me a week to even get the first spells (Rabbit kick *** you!)
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-01-31 10:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

SpaceAnomaly said: »
I enjoyed hunting BLU spells. It was like an adventure to places I've never seen before sometimes. (like ToAU zones. I had finished the story but after leveling BLU I realized how little of the expansion I had actually seen)

I was enjoying that, but the enjoyment didn't last.

Wordspoken said: »
You've never spent days trying to get a single spell, have you?

I know this is coming, not looking forward to it.
By Jetackuu 2016-01-31 10:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

(Foot kick *** you!)
ftfy
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-01-31 10:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

S-shut up! I haven't played in years!

I hated BLU the first few times I played it. I couldn't learn any spells and I felt like I was doing it all wrong. So I took a break from it and picked it up randomly again while bored and started to like it. Every time I saw "____ learned!" I felt really good and proud of myself for sticking it out. I know I'm in the minority here but I'd do it again if I could.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2016-01-31 10:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So, thinking of upgrading my GPU when I get my tax return.

Should I just go for a 970 or would I run into problems with my current rig with an i5 3570k.

Fairly certain my PSU exceeds what it needs but i'll have to check that later.
By Jetackuu 2016-01-31 10:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a personal problem :P
By Jetackuu 2016-01-31 11:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said: »
So, thinking of upgrading my GPU when I get my tax return.

Should I just go for a 970 or would I run into problems with my current rig with an i5 3570k.

Fairly certain my PSU exceeds what it needs but i'll have to check that later.

I have that CPU! You should be able to put a 970 in there, but you may as well go for the 980 if you're going to be spending that kinda change.

I have dual 660's and I'm rather pleased.
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-01-31 11:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I want to come back but I can't afford it and I've been gone so long I'd be lost. (Pre-Aby geezer). Vana'diel will always remain a fleeting dream for me.
By Jetackuu 2016-01-31 11:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to come back but I can't afford it and I've been gone so long I'd be lost. (Pre-Aby geezer). Vana'diel will always remain a fleeting dream for me.
I'm active and I'm still lost as hell.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-31 11:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Aby? plz!

I thoroughly enjoyed worm parties.
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-01-31 11:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quifim worms! The place where friendships are born! I met lots of cool people in those parties.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-01-31 11:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

*** dune flies and their lazer tails. Or someone coming back with a gang of lizards. (or undead. Hi, I'm that guy)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-31 11:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quifim worms! The place where friendships are born! I met lots of cool people in those parties.
La'Thene worm parties.
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-01-31 11:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Should I sub WHM too?

Post deleted by User.
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-01-31 11:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
La'Thene worm parties.
Never had one of those. It was always Dunes > Qufim > Jungle

Candlejack said: »
Should I sub WHM too?
Buttersheeping... If it's one thing I always hated, it was idiots that showed up War/Whm. I mean, hell, /Mnk would at least contribute a bit to damage output when spamming boost!
War/smn for the extra pet damage

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-31 11:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked the people who'd show up naked with a lv 1 weapon and be like "It's ok, I brought a power leveling buddy!"

Well, that's nice that we won't die but you're gimp damage will make things go slower. I remember one who brought a lv 75 RDM/WHM PLer and had the bright idea of letting him cure bomb us with spikes up.

My reaction.

After the "Why aren't we getting XP, goddammit?!" I explained to him, and his PL, how XP worked. I was one of those people who had 4 lv 75's that I was never really seen on and never really talked about until someone pulled some "What would a lv 30 MNK know? I have a lv 70 RDM!" - "I have 75 DRK, WAR, BLM, and RDM. Good luck on Maat though - OH! - guess that's why you're leveling a different job, huh?"

I missed RDM being useful. ; ;
[+]
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-01-31 11:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-01-31 11:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-01-31 11:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd even do bear stuff.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-01-31 11:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-31 11:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I was also, later on, the guy who'd either solo ***for people or round people up to help. Earlier on, I kinda struggled with getting help for stuff so I hated seeing people ask and beg for help for weeks (yes, weeks) and never get a single response so once I was geared to do stuff, I'd often offer to solo stuff if asked, which came with a couple of issues; one was that an LS leader once broke her "I'm pretending I'm AFK so I don't have to help" silence to scold me for offering to solo something for someone (actually happened) and much later, after the 75 cap was raised, I kinda started to enjoy helping as an ego thing.

More incidents with the same LS leader:
-A few LS members got to know me and admitted that that leader had told them to not like me but she never elaborated.
-She once booted me over an obvious joke about a scroll of Aspir, which was expensive at the time and I told the guy I'd give him all I had for it, which was like 15K. I'm pretty sure everyone took it as a joke and a few people left the LS when I was booted.
-There was one member who was "like a sister" to the leader who was always pissy. I later found out that she was like that because the leader kept her in a constant state of annoyance.

On that first one, we actually formed a new LS, which I lost my founder standing in due to going back and trying to save the other LS. Eventually, I was randomly booted from that LS and no one owned up to it after finding out that I was one of the founders who actually came up with the name. Bunch of drama in XI but I was a teen and I had the energy to partake so, meh.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-01-31 11:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

XI drama was delicious when it didn't involve me. I had a pretty chill LS though. I remember when I first started and farming something the whole LS came down and helped me out of nowhere. (whole = maybe 6 people). It was great for awhile until everyone got busy and the shell died. I never found a place after that where I felt I quite belonged.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-31 11:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

One more; now I wasn't there for this one but we all know that there were Mithra who were males for various reasons, be it for catfishing, eyecandy, or stats. Well, I once met someone who LS leader and her husband (good guy) were helping get their Kazham keys. LS Leader held pt lead. So, they were in Yughott Grotto and it comes up that this Mithra isn't female IRL. So LS Leader boots the Mithra and teleports out, leaving this low-level Mithra solo in Yughott.

Again, I didn't see this personally but I wouldn't put it past her. The husband wasn't as crooked, he probably scolded her for this if it did happen.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 18629 18630 18631 ... 22715 22716 22717