Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 13412 13413 13414 ... 22711 22712 22713
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-10-05 21:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said: »
Decisions.

You know what, coffee first and decide later.

Wow Schizm, that stuff is really cool! I thought you were a youngling too. But 38 isn't old, you know!
I`d have to say, just add her to your FB, so what if she freaks out because you're talking to your biological mom, she`s your mom after all. If your stepmom can't accept that then that's not your problem is it.

As the saying goes, you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family, which is why I stay as far away as I can from mine. Immediate family I`m close to, aunts and uncles not so much.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2013-10-05 21:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Decisions.

Wow Schizm, that stuff is really cool! I thought you were a youngling too. But 38 isn't old, you know!
I`d have to say, just add her to your FB, so what if she freaks out because you're talking to your biological mom, she`s your mom after all. If your stepmom can't accept that then that's not your problem is it.

As the saying goes, you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family, which is why I stay as far away as I can from mine. Immediate family I`m close to, aunts and uncles not so much.

I'm really tempted to just add her and let them sort it out on their own. There's really no reason why I should be a part of their argument at all, I was three years old when it all went down.

But I'm not the one who'd have to deal with the aftermath. My dad is. I sent him a text, outlined the situation, and asked what he wanted. He's also on my FB, so it would (or should) be obvious to my stepmom that my dad knew about my relationship with my mom (he did know) and that he intentionally hid it from her (which he did.) He never answered my text, so either he doesn't know what he wants to happen, he forgot to charge it again, or she picked it up and read it before he did and they got in a fight and forgot to answer. She does read them sometimes so it was risky, but I did want his input.

I'm just finding it more and more tiresome to keep up the act and keep everyone happy. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to just let it happen and be done with it.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-10-05 21:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm awake!

***... now it's time to go to work. x.x

Decisions.

Not sure how long ago you posted this but I agree with Cal.
You're all adults and should be able to behave that way, if they can't accept that you've had contact with your biological mother then they're already acting like a child and that's their problem, not yours. You shouldn't be forced to make multiple accounts or constantly go out of your way just to keep them separated.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By volkom 2013-10-06 01:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-10-06 03:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate Nvidia Optimus.

Making my laptop constantly switch between integrated graphics and my card. Though I think I got it fixed. It stopped switching for the time being anyway.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-10-06 06:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Off work and in a wonderful mood. Everybody dance with me! Doesn't even matter that I work tonight. :D
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-10-06 06:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Picked up parents from airport at seven in the morning. Driving down the high way. SUV in the lane that's merging beside me decides it wants to try to beat me to the merge... when the lane ends in less then 6 seconds and has enough space to merge in behind me.

Oh, and after I get off the highway, a pedestrian decided it wanted to jaywalk across the road... in front of my car.

This city is full of entitled idiots on the road...

[EDIT] Just noticed the time stamp on this post is one hour behind my computer clock. Did Daylight's saving happened without me knowing? @_@
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-10-06 06:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe we jumped forward in March. Shouldn't go back until November.

Perhaps it's set to a specific timezone rather than the one you're using.
By Quiznor 2013-10-06 06:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Off to gamestop to wow myself into a job
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-10-06 06:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I believe we jumped forward in March. Shouldn't go back until November.

Perhaps it's set to a specific timezone rather than the one you're using.
November 3ed here

Post deleted by User.
By Quiznor 2013-10-06 07:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Schizm Gallantry said: »
Quiznor said: »

Quiz didn't mean what I just thought he meant?

Idk. Im going to gamestop so i can impress them witg my gaming knowledge into giving me a job
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2013-10-06 07:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't have to try hard (exp)

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-10-06 07:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk. Im going to gamestop so i can impress them witg my gaming knowledge into giving me a job
I gotta say, even for a job at Gamestop, gaming knowledge doesn't seem like something that should be impressing them. I feel like selling/persuasive ability is gonna get you much further.
By Quiznor 2013-10-06 07:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I gotta say, even for a job at Gamestop, gaming knowledge doesn't seem like something that should be impressing them. I feel like selling/persuasive ability is gonna get you much further.

I've already got the professional experience needed. Its more trying my hand at the personal level with all the staff that i know,which is all of them lol.

On my phone atm. I can answer the different people when i get home

Post deleted by User.
By Fyyvoaa 2013-10-06 07:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah seems you don't need gaming knowledge for working at gamestop, just slap on a CoD shirt, and learn how to sell ***.

I'm thankful at my gamestop the people there are knowledgeable and not mindless morons (and one of my good friends is the manager :3)
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-10-06 07:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this is different...
By fonewear 2013-10-06 07:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't support Gamestop because they still sell used games.
By Quiznor 2013-10-06 07:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

When I worked for FuncoLand, it was more of a headache than being fun, the best times was when no one was there due to school or the occasional kid ditching and hanging out.

There was other things going on back then that I am happy to see them stop doing, like cleaner percentage sales for old NES. Some managers were complete *** about it and others didn't care.

If I can pull $5K in sales in a week, who cares about cleaners. LOL.

But like you were saying Quiz, when I worked there I would always get people walking in trying to show off by trying to be more knowledgeable or prove they knew more than I did about games. You don't win points being that type of person.

I'm not using it as a "haha I'm better than you!" selling point for myself. I'm using it as a "extra experience in said field" selling point for myself. Picture this scenario.

Who would you rather have working for you?

Person A, has previous work experience and who has little (about that of your average person) to no knowledge of the product you're selling other than saying "yeah it looks good" or "it's gonna be awesome".

or

Person B, who has the exact same work experience as person A but who also has considerable more knowledge about the product and will likely be able to sell it better because of it.

edit: Also the manager who I've talked to alot,both personally and professionally,is one of those "I know more so I'm better than you lowly customer!" types :x so if needed I could turn that into my favour when talking to him. It's all about reading people!

edit 2: When I got there btw, the guy that gave me the inside scoop on the job the other day was there (the manager was not) and he told me I'd have to give it directly to the manager because the manager is extremely anal about that sort of thing. Guess it's first thing tomorrow morning then!

Post deleted by User.
By Quiznor 2013-10-06 07:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Person B, who has the exact same work experience as person A but who also has considerable more knowledge about the product and will likely be able to sell it better because of it.

If you know the people, can't you just ask if they are looking for anyone?

I agree with what you said, I was also one that anywhere I would go to, if I didn't like the employees or the manager, I wouldn't shop there.

That was the big thing with Play N' Trades there, most of them I have come across seem like the Paul Mitchell "What's up dude" douche bags that you get that vibe, corporate person trying to conform to a different age bracket.

Are you trying to get any job or figure that would be a job you would want?

Here's exactly how it went. On friday I noticed they had an opening in the store in the next town over. 2 of the staff members from my store bounce between my local gamestop,and the one in the next town. I applied online for the next town over job. Went down to my store,asked them if it ever came up if they'd put in a good word for me. They said they would,and one of them even took me aside and told me unofficially (because it isnt public knowledge) that they'll be hiring christmas temp staff soon and to get my resume in asap and they'll see what they can do since it's me. Now I told him I wasnt interested in that but he said "you definitely would be,christmas means loads of hours AND as long as you dont pull a major *** up,you'll be kept on as proper staff. That's how I got started,that's how <other staff member> got started,and the same with the guys in the other store" so he told me to drop my resume into the manager (I missed him yesterday and wasnt there today) and he'd be surprised if I didnt get it.

tl;dr

The guys told me about an unannounced job because it's me and going for that.
By fonewear 2013-10-06 07:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't do it it's a trap!

Post deleted by User.
By Fyyvoaa 2013-10-06 08:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If I get this job at the courhouse... i'll have to deal with people almost every day with their bs :x should be fun lol (alot are actually sad ... but there are some that just make my blood boil)
First Page 2 3 ... 13412 13413 13414 ... 22711 22712 22713