Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » most annoying problom with abyssa
most annoying problom with abyssa
 Bismarck.Maiyuu
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: maiyuu
By Bismarck.Maiyuu 2011-02-03 20:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

^_^ I'm not complaining or trying to "turn it into WoW" I'm just thinking of something that would help in situations :) When it comes to MMOs a lot is different, yet some things remain the same because, "if it works, keep reapplying it to make the general public happy" pretty much a rule o' thumb for lots of things. FFXI still has lots of stuff on it's own to not be "Wow"

I wish FFXI didn't change like it did. When you accomplished something that was difficult, etc, it gave you a sense of "pride" ... ugh hence CoP... lol.. another story for another time

:( it seems to bring out the cryers in people, but, what are you going to do? SE changes things. If it's not in your favor, go play a different game or suck it up and keep playing. No one is forcing you either way. I agree, it's sad to see players act like this :(
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-02-03 20:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

CoP was never difficult
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
Server: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2011-02-03 20:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI has a dying population. Is it coincidental that NMs can be soloed now?

I think not.

There's new MMOs coming out. Check out RIFT. It's a WoW clone with prettier graphics. Have fun. Go Play.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tristean
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2011-02-03 20:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

9/10 that still won't kill them if they're NIN/DNC or DNC/NIN. If they're soloing, it usually means they know what they're doing...
[+]
 Bismarck.Maiyuu
user: maiyuu
By Bismarck.Maiyuu 2011-02-03 20:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

oop, sorry, I mean to say that the change with CoP was just annoying, that's all ^_^ Not that it was difficult.

But seriously, as for the WoW.. bleh. My husband played it, I tried it, but found myself missing the FFXI scene. I know, people are going to be like, "then why make Abyssea like WoW if you didn't like WoW?" lol, kinda makes me giggle (not in a mean way towards who might think it) that doesn't make it like WoW. It would just help big groups of people (like the OP wants) Think of it like this way then, it would just be a spin-off of Dynamis. Dynamis is almost exactly like WoW's instances now.. right? The only difference (At least I think so, I really didn't get much into WoW to get more differences, but eh lol) is that ONE group can go in that area and it's saved. Just take out the "saved" part.

I think that small change to Abyssea wouldn't make it like WoW. Ya.. it might come from it, (but what games haven't taken ideas from one another) but there are WAY MORE things you would have to change to FFXI to make it WoW.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-02-03 21:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
you should find other things to do with your time in the zone if another player is fighting the nm you want.
truth in its purest form
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-02-03 21:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think everyone is forgetting that there should not be large groups other than exp alliances in Abyssea in the first place.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Pandabeary
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amara
By Lakshmi.Pandabeary 2011-02-03 22:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Lakshmi.Pandabeary said:
Just had this happen, wanted to see if Bennu was soloable by bst. Figured it would take awhile. Had an alliance show up and start bugging the ***out of me. I pay the same for my account that everyone else does, I deserve the right to try and solo it if I want to. It's my stones/time/gil I'm wasting, not yours you can go sit outside the maw, save your stones and wait.

Some people solo NMs for the challenge, *** need to respect that.

So was it soloable by BST?

No didn't manage to solo it, after being the *** that I am and holding it as long as I could, I joined up with them after making sure my friend could have the coins. Bst duo/trio could do it in maybe 30 minutes with pets swapping hate. He was missing dipper alot but not enough and when he did hit even with -30% pdt was still almost 400 dmg. TP moves hitting almost 1k.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-03 23:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

rage timers
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-02-03 23:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
rage timers
Havent noticed this myself but do the Abyssea NM's rage at a faster rate than others?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-04 00:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said:
I think everyone is forgetting that there should not be large groups other than exp alliances in Abyssea in the first place.

Or people who have an ls that like to get things done faster by splitting up?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-04 00:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tristean said:
FFXI has a dying population. Is it coincidental that NMs can be soloed now? I think not. There's new MMOs coming out. Check out RIFT. It's a WoW clone with prettier graphics. Have fun. Go Play.
its not a WoW clone. its like a modern version of Dark Age of Camelot
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-02-04 00:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

valak said:
Has anyone ever gone into abyssa with a full alliance to kill a nm only to find a nin/dnc soloing it therefore causing the alliance to wait 45 min to an hour waiting for it to die only to have your alliance break apart because they didnt want to wait or waste time? this is the only real issue i have with it. does anyone know where to make suggestions to SE. something like if someone is soloing a nm and no one but that person is fighting it for more than 5 min the nm becomes unclaimed so it can put the needs of the many before the needs of the few again?

No, that's stupid. Here's what they really should do:
1. Another marble bonanza, 1 marble. Pick a number IN BETWEEN 0 and 2, odd, whole numbers only, please. Winners will receive Atma of the *** Lazy *** Whining ***. It works everywhere, even outside Abyssea. As soon as zone enter a zone, every enemy dies. Every enemy will now also drop every item in the game, 100% drop rate.

2. Infinite Inventory.

3. Combat and magic skills increase by 1 point every second you are logged in. Caps to skill levels are removed.

4. New HP/MP scale: each "1" point now represents 1million points.

5. Treasure hunter, being no longer necessary, works similarly to Gilfinder. For every mob now drops at least one, but no more than seven million gil per number of people logged in to the server. TH is now an ability for all jobs and subjobs.

6. *** you.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-04 00:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Wow... and I thought I was annoyed.
 Fenrir.Ilax
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-04 01:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how ppl say how back before Abyssea it was hard and blah blah blah...

IT NEVER BEEN hard... jeez, the only hardest part back before was how about all freaking HNM LS + Boter monopolizing everything. And yet i don't even understand how ppl can end to complain about how SE fixed this major issue that lasted for almost 6yr long..

Who don't remember how hard was Sky, huh hard? no way, fighting again RMT for Ulli was hard yes, NM itself never been hard...

For dynamis, that was not really hard too, different yes bc you had to have tons of player to accomplice a zone, hardest part of dynamis was to make sure no one aggro random stuff and actually follow instruction, if is that you call hard, i would more likely call this ANNOYING, not hard..

So what next, Fafnir/Nid hard? Lmao must be kidding me, these NM been low maned forever. The only reason HNMLS had 30+ member out there was just to add more bot to outclaim other LS.

CoP hard? for sure no, it never been hard, except if you tagged those quest with dumb ppl, but that is still the same story for abyssea and never really will change.

[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-02-04 02:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jeronlmo said:
Real "Problom".

Natural Selection apparently isnt real.

Humans arnt subject to natural selection.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-02-04 10:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

valak said:
Has anyone ever gone into abyssa with a full alliance to kill a nm only to find a nin/dnc soloing it therefore causing the alliance to wait 45 min to an hour waiting for it to die only to have your alliance break apart because they didnt want to wait or waste time? this is the only real issue i have with it. does anyone know where to make suggestions to SE. something like if someone is soloing a nm and no one but that person is fighting it for more than 5 min the nm becomes unclaimed so it can put the needs of the many before the needs of the few again?

How about looking at it from the solo side?

Have you ever rolled up to an NM you know you can kill in 5-10min only to watch a group take 20+ minutes to kill it because they don't know how to focus on getting !! quickly or are just really slow?

Example: I went to get SAM Head Seals from Pallid Percy the other night on MNK/DNC since I can kill it in 5~7min while going for blue !! (if blunt time is up). I get to the ??? only to find a THF, DNC, RDM trio who just popped the NM right as I got there. I think that's cool we can take turns while they kill I can get another pop anyways.

10 minutes later they haven't triggered yellow, red or blue !! and the NM is around 50%, logical thought maybe they're waiting for someone to help with !!s w/e not worried about my time I have stones to spare. 20~min later they kill the NM... fortunately they didn't need SAM seals and invite me for the seal.

I join up with them we pop mine and kill it in less than 3min, not once did anyone ask to slow down for !!s so obviously they were just slow as hell. We killed 3 more NMs in about the time it took them to kill the first one I saw... I didn't know them personally so maybe they didn't have good atmas/gear/whatever but this hasn't been the only case where I show up to solo a NM to find a group take at least twice as long as I would to solo said NM...

Either way it is annoying from the solo or group side there isn't a way to solve this besides having multiple of the same NM spawned at the same time. Quit bitching and find something else to do while you're waiting. After all I find it odd that a full alliance would only be interested in 1 NM in an entire zone and couldn't find another to kill while waiting.

Edit because I forgot how to spell NM's name.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-04 11:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said:
Pallid Percy the other night on MNK/DNC since I can kill it in 5~7min while going for blue !!
Why?
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-02-04 11:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Bismarck.Zagen said:
Pallid Percy the other night on MNK/DNC since I can kill it in 5~7min while going for blue !!
Why?

Maybe he just really, REALLY wanted an Incantor Stone?
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-02-04 11:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Bismarck.Zagen said:
Why?
Other than to change things up no real reason. Its a really boring fight.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-04 11:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the problom here?

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Caolan
user: Echo13
By Lakshmi.Caolan 2011-02-04 11:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, your grammar is awful.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-02-04 11:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fire in My Heart, Ice in My Veins.
Gangsta.
http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Heart-Ice-Veins-Experiencing/dp/1561230561

Actually a book for butthurt teenagers, true story look it up lol.

Am I missing something? I clicked that link and its about children dealing with a loss of a loved one. I might be confused but how would that warrant the use of the term butthurt?

Quote:
Annoyance because of a perceived insult; Upset because of a perceived injustice; Annoyed because of a perceived insult

Your implying that grieving over the loss of a loved one is taking the death too personally? This got a +2 ratting on the first page so I assume I'm just not understanding the joke here.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-02-04 11:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
No, that's stupid. Here's what they really should do:
1. Another marble bonanza, 1 marble. Pick a number IN BETWEEN 0 and 2, odd, whole numbers only, please. Winners will receive Atma of the *** Lazy *** Whining ***. It works everywhere, even outside Abyssea. As soon as zone enter a zone, every enemy dies. Every enemy will now also drop every item in the game, 100% drop rate.

2. Infinite Inventory.

3. Combat and magic skills increase by 1 point every second you are logged in. Caps to skill levels are removed.

4. New HP/MP scale: each "1" point now represents 1million points.

5. Treasure hunter, being no longer necessary, works similarly to Gilfinder. For every mob now drops at least one, but no more than seven million gil per number of people logged in to the server. TH is now an ability for all jobs and subjobs.

6. *** you.

I'll have a number 1, hold the zone death and the drops all items, but keep the 100% drop rate. A number 2. A number 5. And two number 6's.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-04 12:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Quote:
No, that's stupid. Here's what they really should do: 1. Another marble bonanza, 1 marble. Pick a number IN BETWEEN 0 and 2, odd, whole numbers only, please. Winners will receive Atma of the *** Lazy *** Whining ***. It works everywhere, even outside Abyssea. As soon as zone enter a zone, every enemy dies. Every enemy will now also drop every item in the game, 100% drop rate. 2. Infinite Inventory. 3. Combat and magic skills increase by 1 point every second you are logged in. Caps to skill levels are removed. 4. New HP/MP scale: each "1" point now represents 1million points. 5. Treasure hunter, being no longer necessary, works similarly to Gilfinder. For every mob now drops at least one, but no more than seven million gil per number of people logged in to the server. TH is now an ability for all jobs and subjobs. 6. *** you.
I'll have a number 1, hold the zone death and the drops all items, but keep the 100% drop rate. A number 2. A number 5. And two number 6's.
Ehh I'm feeling frisky today so I'll just stick with a #2 and 2 #6's.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-02-04 12:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
What is the problom here?

You.