most annoying problom with abyssa
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-02-03 18:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Valak said:
nah its not that only the time issue concerns me lol. soloing nms that are required to pop a zone boss so people can go farther in the storyline. usually those nms dont drop anything that great. its the KI for the zone boss thats normally what people are after. so basically what im saying is bring at least 1 or two friends to help you kill faster. so yo dont waste everyones time. that is unless you enjoy the feeling of wasting peoples stones and being a thorn in peoples sides
Alternative, ask what they want from that NM and offer to assist in killing it faster and giving them whatever they wanted from it within reason.

I've done this a billion times. It's not hard to communicate and see what that person wants and try to lend a hand which will in turn speed it up for your kindness.
[+]
 Valefor.Nyota
Server: Valefor
user: Nyota21
By Valefor.Nyota 2011-02-03 18:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Valak said:
and nyota the KI nms for zone bosses can be soloed easly or duoed thats not why i bring alliance the alliance is for the zone bosses and getting procs on the KI nms if i had nin/dnc and soloed chances are i wouldnt proc red for the KI would i? thats why i was talking about bringing an alliance

You're still a pretentious idiot.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-03 18:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

{Invite to Join Party}
/thread
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-02-03 18:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Valak said:
nah its not that only the time issue concerns me lol. soloing nms that are required to pop a zone boss so people can go farther in the storyline. usually those nms dont drop anything that great. its the KI for the zone boss thats normally what people are after. so basically what im saying is bring at least 1 or two friends to help you kill faster. so yo dont waste everyones time. that is unless you enjoy the feeling of wasting peoples stones and being a thorn in peoples sides
all you need is a blu and/war w/ FC and/or a mnk w/ cata and one puller with a healer for each(maybe less) and you will get more time then you can use up...
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-03 18:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

problom? the letter e is <----thataway
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-03 18:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're concerned about zone boss triggers, try farming gold chests while the soloist is taking on the cockmuffin. You can either get a full set or part of the set this way, turning the time where you *** and moan into time where you're productive.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-03 18:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The most annoying thing about abyssea is the annoying threads that it has created in the last few months.

Sea also Problom and Abyssa
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-03 18:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
valak said:
Has anyone ever gone into abyssa with a full alliance to kill a nm only to find a nin/dnc soloing it therefore causing the alliance to wait 45 min to an hour waiting for it to die only to have your alliance break apart because they didnt want to wait or waste time? this is the only real issue i have with it. does anyone know where to make suggestions to SE. something like if someone is soloing a nm and no one but that person is fighting it for more than 5 min the nm becomes unclaimed so it can put the needs of the many before the needs of the few again?
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQq
Should just add his quote with your avatar to sum it up.
 Lakshmi.Pandabeary
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amara
By Lakshmi.Pandabeary 2011-02-03 18:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just had this happen, wanted to see if Bennu was soloable by bst. Figured it would take awhile. Had an alliance show up and start bugging the ***out of me. I pay the same for my account that everyone else does, I deserve the right to try and solo it if I want to. It's my stones/time/gil I'm wasting, not yours you can go sit outside the maw, save your stones and wait.

Some people solo NMs for the challenge, *** need to respect that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-03 18:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Pandabeary said:
Just had this happen, wanted to see if Bennu was soloable by bst. Figured it would take awhile. Had an alliance show up and start bugging the ***out of me. I pay the same for my account that everyone else does, I deserve the right to try and solo it if I want to. It's my stones/time/gil I'm wasting, not yours you can go sit outside the maw, save your stones and wait. Some people solo NMs for the challenge, *** need to respect that.
While I agree with this in theory. To cockblock an NM for an extended period of time just to see if you can solo is kinda *** too.

Just cuz it can be solo'd doesn't mean it should.

But in the end Im on your side. Expecially if the gathering ppl were cocktards.
[+]
 Fenrir.Eneas
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2011-02-03 18:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

valak said:
Has anyone ever gone into abyssa with a full alliance to kill a nm only to find a nin/dnc soloing it therefore causing the alliance to wait 45 min to an hour waiting for it to die only to have your alliance break apart because they didnt want to wait or waste time? this is the only real issue i have with it. does anyone know where to make suggestions to SE. something like if someone is soloing a nm and no one but that person is fighting it for more than 5 min the nm becomes unclaimed so it can put the needs of the many before the needs of the few again?

you must be new around here... or trolling.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-03 18:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

valak said:
The most annoying "problom" with abyssea is people like you
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-02-03 18:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... Problom.

That is all.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-03 19:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind if for Pop NMs the ??? repop 10 mins after the NM is popped no matter if it's dead or not.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-02-03 19:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Pandabeary said:
Just had this happen, wanted to see if Bennu was soloable by bst. Figured it would take awhile. Had an alliance show up and start bugging the ***out of me. I pay the same for my account that everyone else does, I deserve the right to try and solo it if I want to. It's my stones/time/gil I'm wasting, not yours you can go sit outside the maw, save your stones and wait.

So was it soloable by BST?
 Cerberus.Kiori
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-02-03 19:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like people ever soloed NMs before...

But really, if your group is going to break cause they can't wait a few minutes to possibly an hours, shouldn't have joined the party in the first place. Procing the monster could take just as long in an alliance if people don't know what they are doing or just keep WSing when they would be unclean.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-03 19:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
{Invite to Join Party}
/thread
 Ramuh.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-02-03 19:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Lakshmi.Pandabeary said:

So was it soloable by BST?
Im curious to know the answer to this too, if not do you think a BST duo could manage it?
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2011-02-03 19:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
I wouldn't mind if for Pop NMs the ??? repop 10 mins after the NM is popped no matter if it's dead or not.

then make that a person from the party that has claim on the NM cannot repop the NM while they are killing theirs. Keep this status up even they drop party and try to pop it when the ??? re-appears.

(think of it like when you use meds. You get that status that stops you from using meds for a certain amount of time. This will be until you kill the boss)

That could work or just make the area instance. Honestly I don't understand why SE didn't go for this in the 1st place.

The area has a time limit so yeah I understand how this could get on someone's nerves.

edit: instances along the line of nyzle isle not namis. *** that
[+]
 Cerberus.Kiori
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-02-03 19:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:

then make that a person from the party that has claim on the NM cannot repop the NM while they are killing theirs. Keep this status up even they drop party and try to pop it when the ??? re-appears.

(think of it like when you use meds. You get that status that stops you from using meds for a certain amount of time. This will be until you kill the boss)

That could work or just make the area instance. Honestly I don't understand why SE didn't go for this in the 1st place.

The area has a time limit so yeah I understand how this could get on someone's nerves.
PS2 can't handle the space. Reason why.

edit:
Also...if ffxi did the whole instant thing like for dynamis...then people could afk for hours (those that fall asleep in an abyssea party they've been all day) and basically hold the zone for 8+ hours being afk. Also...since there is no cap as to how much time you can earn...a zone can be nonexsistant to get into since one party can be there constantly as long as they get TE and such.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2011-02-03 19:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

PS2 limitation the biggest tarp card in SE inventory.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-03 19:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be awesome if everything in the game worked like walk of echoes... everybody lots.. oh the Q.Qlery to be seen lol

(no really i hate the idea) but would be so much butt hurt might be worth seeing for a bit haha
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-03 19:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
PS2 limitation the biggest tarp card in SE inventory.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jeronlmo
user: Jeronlmo
By Fenrir.Jeronlmo 2011-02-03 20:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Real "Problom".

Natural Selection apparently isnt real.
 Bismarck.Maiyuu
Server: Bismarck
user: maiyuu
By Bismarck.Maiyuu 2011-02-03 20:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What happens if SE makes Abyssea like WoW's instances? Not sure if it's possible for them or not. I think it might help if just THAT party/alliance had access to THAT area. Not like Dynamis though (where the area is "saved"). I know w/ WoW, multiple parties could do the same instance w/o interference, it's like it's their OWN zone. No time limit (or time limit, I don't care lol) I don't know. Ideas like this snowball and just grow. The first initial idea NEVER works, we all know this. (Look at current Abyssea and FFXIV LOL, initial ideas don't work) I, myself, really haven't done much Abyssea, so I don't know if you need multiple alliances or not to take down some mobs. (but I guess not if certain jobs solo them lol)

I do like the idea w/ the multiple pop ???. Look at Ullikummi. (I'm not saying he has multiple ???, I know he doesn't) but, he was HORRIBLE until they put the ??? in it (again... snowballed idea)... and you know for a fact if people could solo him back then, like they do now, this issue would have brought up then and they probably would have thought about several ???.

I say, implement the multiple ??? and that NM or w/e will be linked to THAT party/alliance. If they die, the NM will go back to the ??? then despawn (O.. let's say in about 10 mins, gives the ppl ample time to recover) w/o being able to become claimed. (or let it become claimed, who cares lol) with multiple ??? it's not like you can pop your own...

Parts of what I said are, "hmm.. could work" others are, "omg gtfo" but you really can't get anywhere w/o a start.. no matter how dumb it might sound.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jeronlmo
user: Jeronlmo
By Fenrir.Jeronlmo 2011-02-03 20:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds dumb, people need to stop complaining and trying to turn ffxi into WoW, its pretty much there already, why does everyone have to suck and keep crying, why does it have to be easy, defeats the whole point of playing.

Stfu, it should be hard, or you win then nothing to do. Why is everyone trying to turn a MMORPG into a shooter game or something, you play a game, you win/lose, start over.
By Bimbam 2011-02-03 20:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
and you know for a fact if people could solo him back then, like they do now, this issue would have brought up then and they probably would have thought about several ???.

Ulli was easy solo at 75, what you talkin' bout. This "Issue" of single people monopolozing NM's has been present in Sky since ever. Rdm/Nin farmed almost all the pop items just to sell them back to the legitimate groups they were screwing over in the first place.

SE
DID
NOTHING!

So suck it up. Either they can't be botherd or consider abyssea easy enough as it is to care, 10-15min repop on almost everything is a damn site better than it ever was, annoying soloists (of which I am one) or otherwise. Hell even waiting an hour for the Nin to finish is a laugh compared to a 4 hour diorite farm.
[+]