Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Non-Lowman Abyssea rage thread
Non-Lowman Abyssea rage thread
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-27 13:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I do find it funny how some posters in this forum do nothing but bang on about how MNK+WHM can duo anything and you should quit <job> because it's not as "efficient"

Seriously, god forbid you play a job because its FUN, in a GAME.

I do both lowman/solo stuff, as well as full alliance stuff with my abyssea LS and I find them both fun, why are people so bothered about how many people others bring to an NM?
[+]
 Cerberus.Starr
Server: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-27 13:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

JPs do everything with at least 10 people, including a BLM BRD and BLU for every nm
 Diabolos.Piraal
Server: Diabolos
user: Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2011-01-27 13:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

For the most part I don't think people are elitest b/c they want to lowman stuff, the truth is more often then not it's easier to have just one or two melees on some NM's, then having five, or six. If that means people are standing around, thats whats gonna to happen, they are welcome farm TE if they want.

O/c if someone comes onto a topic and says "OMG you don't have RR? you're a n00b gimp I could solo the giant on my RDM!!" Then there just trollin, and we all can tell when someone is troll.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-27 13:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Piraal said:
and we all can tell when someone is troll.
Like me on Yahoo answers?

"Sex...guys and women?
I'm not to much thinking bout sex... But .. It's hard to put this in words ...why does guys leave their girl when they find out they are pregnet"

Me
"Because he had a vasectomy
Source(s):
Not his"
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-27 14:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Piraal said:
we all can tell when someone is troll.
iunno, the word "troll" gets thrown around a lot here. Not saying such a person wouldn't be a troll, but I think a lot of people don't really know what a troll is.
By richwood 2011-01-27 14:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats with all the rage: Just play the way you see fit, and leave others be to how they see fit... (*^.^*)
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
Server: Gilgamesh
user: hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2011-01-27 14:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Diabolos.Piraal said:

"Sex...guys and women?
I'm not to much thinking bout sex... But .. It's hard to put this in words ...why does guys leave their girl when they find out they are pregnet"

Me
Source(s):
Not his"

don't like ur name but DAMMIT! thats some good stuff right there.
two thumbs up d(^,-)b
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-27 14:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Diabolos.Piraal said:

"Sex...guys and women?

Me
Source(s):
Not his"

related:
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-27 14:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That is epic.
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
user: hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2011-01-27 14:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Diabolos.Piraal said:

"Sex...guys and women?

Me
Source(s):
Not his"

related:

this is the most awesome and epic ***ever
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-27 14:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Diabolos.Piraal said:

"Sex...guys and women?

Me
Source(s):
Not his"

related:
10/10, would read again
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-01-27 15:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

richwood said:
Whats with all the rage: Just play the way you see fit, and leave others be to how they see fit... (*^.^*)

Exactly, do whatever the hell you like.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-27 15:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Leoheart said:
richwood said:

Exactly, do whatever the hell you like.
Which includes telling people to suck less and they're using too many people :D
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-27 15:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You see, the problem is, some people dont understand having friends :P
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-27 16:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Diabolos.Piraal said:
Like me on Yahoo answers? "Sex...guys and women? I'm not to much thinking bout sex... But .. It's hard to put this in words ...why does guys leave their girl when they find out they are pregnet" Me "Because he had a vasectomy Source(s): Not his"
related:
The spoiler made my day.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-27 16:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

[+]
 Asura.Teleniel
Server: Asura
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2011-01-27 16:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind having more than 4/7/w.e people. But frankly if I'm farming something odds are I'm trying to do it efficiently. The less people that you need to get something done the faster everyone gets what they wants.

When farming +1 seals... 4 seals, 4 people, everyone gets the thing they're after.
When farming +2 coin/jewel/stone/card... the more people you have the more you need to kill for everyone to make progress. Unless people are coming for nothing the fewer you can do this with safely the faster everyone makes progress.

When building a group I look at:
Can it safely kill the target
Can it proc red/yellow as required
can it maintain TE's

After I've met those three targets then other spaces can get filled with ppl that have less than optimal jobs, who will likely be sitting off to the side or just farming things for the rest to use. Turns out a lot of people don't like doing this! so I generally fight with fewer people it keeps people happier.

Don't get me wrong go ahead and have fun playing with a large group, but you can't complain when things go slowly and people are confused about what they're supposed to be doing.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2011-01-27 17:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP:

While I agree with the fact that elitism in abyssea is rather annoying, I don't think it's just entirely elitism as much as being a group selfish ***.

Since I don't belong to a large social shell/abyssea event shell, I tend to catch seal shouts when idling in Port Jeuno or deciding to get off my *** and start a shout myself, or will randomly do WoE or other various shouts. People pretty much get a butt hurt attitude if they don't have a 100% chance shot at something on specific runs that's basically what it comes down to. Amazes me that people get this way considering you could go almost a year doing Iceland runs in dynamis (pre-drop adjustment, increased TH effect) without getting the drop that people wanted.

All in all, I just try to ignore the issue, it's just a game which holds RL relevance and shouldn't cause undo stress...
 Alexander.Francisco
Server: Alexander
user: Francisco
By Alexander.Francisco 2011-01-27 18:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone has different goals in this game - and executes pursuant to how they feel will best serve their goals.

Current LS goal is to get everyone in the LS 5/5 on a set of Empyrean Armor +2 that they designate as their main.

When I organize a run, I aim to bring MNK, WHM, BLM, BLU, BRD - covering all possible grellow triggers. Anyone beyond that is welcome to join in - and we'll organize runs for those in LS who don't have any of the jobs listed above.

Sure, I could duo a ton with just the WHM - but it's more fun/productive to have the extra company anyway. ***dies ridiculously fast anyway to the point where I unequip my weapon sometimes to slow down the kill speed for spells that landed during a TP move.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-01-27 20:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
I'm pretty sick of people talking about what they can kill with 2 people or when people freak out if you play with more than 6 people.

Could I duo (as WHM) most ***with my MNK friends (or NIN or THF etc)? Yes.
Do we duo stuff often? Sure it's fun.

Believe it or not, people do not need permission from FFXIAH.com to play with friends. Everyone hold on I'm about to shock you, sometimes I play with 13 other friends AT THE SAME TIME omg I know I have so many problems how dare me help more than myself or one other friend at a time on this MMO game.

Should we not be allowed to ever party with friends or help friends who do not have specific jobs?

"Oh, I'm sorry of the absolute minimum jobs required to maximize efficiency I no longer have a requirement to 'use' you as a friend. The only jobs I am interested in are MNK WHM NIN BLU BLM BRD WAR gieven the current state of the game you either do not have one of these jobs or we have already filled that spot please get out of my life I would not want to disappoint FFXIAH.com"

You are not special because you lowman, you are not special because you duo in Abyssea, to think that people who run in god forbid a partial or full alliance are incapable or that they never lowman is just plain ignorant. This newest form of elitism is *** hilarious to me because it doesn't even require someone to be elite other than an attitude. At least the older era of elitism actually did ***not everyone else could do or was doing or was willing to do. Lowmanning/duo is literally being done by most of the population playing the game it's nothing special it's not as if there is a few select set of people with such uber skills and gear that only them alone are able to do this.

What exactly do people get out of making statements about people playing with more than 4 people? Why do people constantly go out of their way to let people know how they lowman a number of NMs in Abyssea?

Yes it is more "efficient" to have fewer people come with the most ideal job roles to kill and/or proc depending on the purpose of the party. No one is arguing this, no one is trying to debate this.

Sometimes the roles additional people have outside those jobs are less useful but this does not mean you need to tell them to go crawl in a corner and die. It does not mean you are no longer allowed to help more people out at a time, this does not mean you have to limit the people you socialize with or party with. Or here's another insane concept, not every single friend or person plays the game 24/7 or they do not ALL play on the exact same schedule. Having more than the tiny limited amount of friends I'm allocated by FFXIAH.com people could actually change jobs and fill different roles depending on who was online.

tl;dr

What people need to *** understand is there is an obvious difference between choosing to party with 7+ people and a requirement to party with 7+ people to get ***done. Just because someone plays in a group of 7 or more does not mean they can't do ***without the group.

/rant
/nerdrage

//calming down

thread was inspired from countless posts but most recently:
Quote:
I can't really speak to how it is in big groups, although if you're doing something in a group of over 6, you have bigger problems to deal with!

inb4floodofratedownsidc

you and your 13 friends tping rani would look funny.no brews aloud.....(the mages have to tp too no cheating)
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-01-27 20:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Francisco said:
Everyone has different goals in this game - and executes pursuant to how they feel will best serve their goals.

Current LS goal is to get everyone in the LS 5/5 on a set of Empyrean Armor +2 that they designate as their main.

When I organize a run, I aim to bring MNK, WHM, BLM, BLU, BRD - covering all possible grellow triggers. Anyone beyond that is welcome to join in - and we'll organize runs for those in LS who don't have any of the jobs listed above.

Sure, I could duo a ton with just the WHM - but it's more fun/productive to have the extra company anyway. ***dies ridiculously fast anyway to the point where I unequip my weapon sometimes to slow down the kill speed for spells that landed during a TP move.

say Grellow one more time and im going to kill you!

P.s then ima kill your dog,then your microwave!
 Cerberus.Pukushu
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2011-01-27 20:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Lastly, I'm not asking you or anyone else to play with more people, I'm not asking you to help more people what I'm asking of the FFXIAH.com community is to not judge or insult someone based solely on the fact that they play in a group of more than 6 like stated in the bottom of my OP. I do not put anyone down for lowmanning or duoing (I'm literally saying we all do this) I am also not asking anyone to change how they play or telling them that the number of people they are playing with is wrong.

Pretty sure that the situation Nightfyre means, is, for example, a group of 12-18 people fighting an nm. Got a tank on it full time. A healer or two. Maybe a couple dd's weaponskilling on it. And 10 other people not doing anything at all. The question is, what is fun about going somewhere, standing there, then leaving - especially when you could do something else. It doesn't mean they're not helping - they're already no helping. It doesn't mean they're not being social - /l /p /t vent, teamspeak, skype, etc.

this is my current problem with events. in life and in game i hate to bring ridiculously too many people to do a job.

i mean gather time for 18 people at an event can be 30-60 min especially if someone is late and then are asked to switch jobs. now we get out there and like it was stated a couple dds ws a couple others do magic procs and everyone stands around. then we get the treat of a 5 min battle (possibly less if someone brews). the problem is that i actually like helping. with a big group like that im not helping. im leaching. fine ill leach, but lets call it like it is.

tldr

i think ppl like to lowman for 2 reasons 1) more drops per person 2) they like to actually DO something and not just stand around. those are the major problems with alliances. i can chat with my friends from anywhere, but unless im fulfilling 1 or 2 im less interested in coming to an alliance.