First Page 2
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-03 23:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=65000

Tell me what you think. What can I improve on?

Please do not tell just all the HQ stuff i can get. I know its better. Thank you.
 Kujata.Harui
Server: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Harui 2009-03-03 23:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

As for What will build the least hate, I don't really pay attention to, but As a WHM I Tend to Cast in a Strong mind build

for best cure look here

Cure Formula
Cure Calculator
[+]
 Siren.Outwaer
Server: Siren
user: outwaer
By Siren.Outwaer 2009-03-03 23:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

once you use the extra +mp that the MP gear gives you, you can switch to MND gear
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-03 23:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Im a taru btw if that helps
 Garuda.Crayne
Server: Garuda
user: Crayne
By Garuda.Crayne 2009-03-03 23:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Blessed Hands are enmity -3 (1 less, I know), haste, and MND+. Sad realization is that MND+7 actually will help your cure potency more than Healing Magic Skill +15.

Macro in Blessed Pumps right after you start casting a cure to cut the recast slightly from the haste(also some MND/-enmity).

AF Hat still has enmity-1 (far cry from -8, I know), and MND+4, helping your performance over time a lil more than enmity-8 will. I'd keep that beret in case your tank is a complete idiot though, cuz we know crappy tanks exist.

Muse Tariquah, if you can get one from ZNMs, can replace the shield (MND+7).

Ammo: Hedgehog Bomb. I'm assuming you either forgot to put it on the set, or would work on getting it (being an enmity- ***). MP+30 Enmity-1 is nice.

Waist: Not much you could do to this. The only piece with more MND and MP (and hMP) is the Cleric's Belt. God knows I've been chasing that thing for a year of not dropping, so GL on getting it. Stick with Penitent's otherwise.

Remember that enmity +/- gear is a percentage. It'd be an amusing concept to have enmity+ gear for WHM, go /PLD to a JoL fight, and scare the crap out of people. At least your natural MDB is high. :P

----
Personal comment: I actually add more MND and/or Haste+% in when my MP drops below a certain point (most of this is also -enmity stuff, btw)--I start in Zenith MP=>HP gear, then switch to other stuff when that MP's gone (which doesn't take long after buffs, really). Not saying it's the right way to do stuff, but just my personal play style.
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-03 23:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Crayne said:
Blessed Hands are enmity -3 (1 less, I know), haste, and MND+. Sad realization is that MND+7 actually will help your cure potency more than Healing Magic Skill +15.

Macro in Blessed Pumps right after you start casting a cure to cut the recast slightly from the haste(also some MND/-enmity).

AF Hat still has enmity-1 (far cry from -8, I know), and MND+4, helping your performance over time a lil more than enmity-8 will. I'd keep that beret in case your tank is a complete idiot though, cuz we know crappy tanks exist.

Muse Tariquah, if you can get one from ZNMs, can replace the shield (MND+7).

Ammo: Hedgehog Bomb. I'm assuming you either forgot to put it on the set, or would work on getting it (being an enmity- ***). MP+30 Enmity-1 is nice.

Waist: Not much you could do to this. The only piece with more MND and MP (and hMP) is the Cleric's Belt. God knows I've been chasing that thing for a year of not dropping, so GL on getting it. Stick with Penitent's otherwise.

Remember that enmity +/- gear is a percentage. It'd be an amusing concept to have enmity+ gear for WHM, go /PLD to a JoL fight, and scare the crap out of people. At least your natural MDB is high. :P

----
Personal comment: I actually add more MND and/or Haste+% in when my MP drops below a certain point (most of this is also -enmity stuff, btw)--I start in Zenith MP=>HP gear, then switch to other stuff when that MP's gone (which doesn't take long after buffs, really). Not saying it's the right way to do stuff, but just my personal play style.

Just added blessed mitts =D thx and yes i'm working on ammo ^^ thx!
 Hades.Gidonidon
Server: Hades
user: Gidonidon
By Hades.Gidonidon 2009-03-04 00:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just my thoughts. If possible I think Goliard Chapeau (Nyzul FL 100) gives you good bang for your buck in terms of MND build, MP build, and -Enmity. I use it, and love it. Additionally, I would work on the rings. Not sure if you are close to getting Tamas -- everything a WHM could want -- or do Einhejar (spelling) but Omega Ring is also useful for a MND build, and free as well. In that same vein, the Aslan cape gives 5 MND and some MP, also free. Morgana Choker gives 5 MND and MP, and Ajari Bead Necklace is a great and cheap piece (gives 6 MND). I use Cure Clogs and Rostrum. I think after you put some merits into -Cure Cast (if you so choose) you replace Cure Clogs with a better MND piece like Rostrum or Clerics (Blessed are meh, IMHO). Last but not least I would stack -Enmity gear like Errants and Raven Beret onto Cure IV macros and use heavy MND builds for your Cure V macros. Try to target around 40-45 MND for your Cure Vs. Should put you in the 820s.
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-03-04 01:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

AF+1 Hands also give MND+7 like Blessed but Healing Magic+15 as well.

Enmity- on the hat, I really doesn't think makes much difference.. maybe on Cure 4 but really if you're with any decent front line people it wont matter. can go for MND from AF(+1) or Yigit even (some MND and Enmity-).. plus it would be one less item to carry around since ya might have it already.

And as Crayne said, after ya use that extra MP, the + becomes pointless- don't forget about how much you MP is lowered in your resting or stoneskin macro.

Gidonidon lists some nice items like Aslan and Morgana's.. also Ajari is good because Beak Necklace really doesn't do anything except good for resting.
[+]
 Garuda.Crayne
By Garuda.Crayne 2009-03-04 01:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Gidonidon said:
Just my thoughts. If possible I think Goliard Chapeau (Nyzul FL 100) gives you good bang for your buck in terms of MND build, MP build, and -Enmity. I use it, and love it. Additionally, I would work on the rings. Not sure if you are close to getting Tamas -- everything a WHM could want -- or do Einhejar (spelling) but Omega Ring is also useful for a MND build, and free as well. In that same vein, the Aslan cape gives 5 MND and some MP, also free. Morgana Choker gives 5 MND and MP, and Ajari Bead Necklace is a great and cheap piece (gives 6 MND). I use Cure Clogs and Rostrum. I think after you put some merits into -Cure Cast (if you so choose) you replace Cure Clogs with a better MND piece like Rostrum or Clerics (Blessed are meh, IMHO). Last but not least I would stack -Enmity gear like Errants and Raven Beret onto Cure IV macros and use heavy MND builds for your Cure V macros. Try to target around 40-45 MND for your Cure Vs. Should put you in the 820s.

I completely forgot about the Goliard hat.../wrist. Not exactly easy to get but free > millions.

Only piece that beats it in terms of MND (off the top of my head) is Healer's Cap + 1 (limbus GO!) but that looks ugly as sin on most people.

I appologize for the wall o' text below this line. If you don't honestly give a crap about the math that controls a single spell, then skip this.

I originally made this as an edit to my above post, I felt this was worth posting though, cuz I actually have a set-up made especially for Cure V.

I ran some tests playing with that calculator using the stats I had in Nov. 2007 (when I re-wrote the Cure V formula on the Wiki).

MND: 90
VIT: 64
Skill: 272
Noble's Tunic
Templar Mace

Back in Nov. 2007 I was getting consistent 789 Cure V in neutral conditions. That Calculator gave me 855 in neutral conditions. Something's wrong.

There was an OLD formula from the wiki that said:

(Healing magic skill / 3) + (MND * 1.5) + 430

(yay for old revisions being saved so I could find that)

272/3 + 1.5(90) + 430 =
90.66667 + 135 + 430 = 655.6667
Factor in potency gear: Base * 1.2

1.2(655.6667) = 786.8

Which is close, but it doesn't quite fit.

A talk page line gave this as a formula, citing the alla thread below it:

((vit/2)+1) + (mnd/2)x3 + ((skill+/5)+random#)x2 + 380

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=1;mid=1126107523202546291

Ok, first off, there's a random number involved. I know it's SE, but why make it random? If it were 0 to 999, we'd have some occasionally RIDICULOUS Cure Vs going off in neutral weather. It defies logic. But for the hell of it, for my old stats:

Floor 1.2[(64/2 + 1) + 3(45) + 2((272/5) + Random#) + 380] = 789

1.2[33 + 135 + 2(54.4 + Random#) + 380] = 789
548 + 2(54.4 + Random#) = 657.5
2(54.4 + Random#) = 109.5
54.4 + Random# = 54.75
Random# = 0.35

Umm...seems kinda insignificant.

From reading that thread and putting some different formulas together, I came up with what is current on the wiki:

((0.5*VIT)+1) + ((13/9) * MND) + ((1/3) * Skill) + 404 + (MND - 119, given MND > 119)

Floor 1.2[((64/2) + 1] + ((13/9) * 90) + ((1/3) * 272) + 404 = 789

Floor 1.2[33 + 130 + 90.66667 + 404] = 789

Floor 1.2(657.6667) = 789

Floor 789.204 = 789

(Note: Floor means always round down. FFXI ALWAYS rounds down, and this term is used in the fSTR calculations as well)

I have since been able to predict what gear changes will do to my Cure Vs (I have a set tailored just for the spell as a result) accurately. Before I sold my blessed to pay off a loan from a friend, I was pushing 830 on Cure V. I'm gonna be buying that back soon and adding enough MND to the macro to push me to 139 (I could do 150 in mostly NQ gear if I really wanted, and if my belt would drop...). I have never tested what Cure V's hard cap is, if there is one, but if there is not:

>>>Could someone do me a favor and test if the MND - 119, given MND > 119 thing is correct? I never really bothered to check myself, and I'll admit it.<<<

WHM75/BLM37
MND: 139
VIT: 66
Skill: 291
Noble's and Templar still

assuming MND - 119 DOES apply
Floor 1.2[((66/2) + 1] + ((13/9) * 139) + ((1/3) * 291) + (139 - 119) + 404] = X

Floor 1.2[34 + 200.77778 + 97 + 20 + 404]

Floor 1.2[755.7778] = X

X = Floor 906.933336

Cure V = 906

Toss in Double Light weather and Lightsday for great justice (TEMENOS GO!):

Floor 1.35(906.933336) = 1224

Dive Seal it and woot: 2448. I doubt most Galka MNKs have quite that much HP outside of besieged, lol.

If /SCH's stats are similar...all that HP for 67 or 68 MP (Penury GO!)

/rant.
 Garuda.Crayne
By Garuda.Crayne 2009-03-04 01:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That last post was soooooooo long, I decided to break this comment off entirely (was prolly close to hitting the 7500 character limit anyways)...

Jurai said:
AF+1 Hands also give MND+7 like Blessed but Healing Magic+15 as well.

Enmity- on the hat, I really doesn't think makes much difference.. maybe on Cure 4 but really if you're with any decent front line people it wont matter. can go for MND from AF(+1) or Yigit even (some MND and Enmity-).. plus it would be one less item to carry around since ya might have it already.

And as Crayne said, after ya use that extra MP, the + becomes pointless- don't forget about how much you MP is lowered in your resting or stoneskin macro.

Gidonidon lists some nice items like Aslan and Morgana's.. also Ajari is good because Beak Necklace really doesn't do anything except good for resting.

Another thing to bear in mind is what you're doing. In xp, if you're in a merit party (yes, I can still get those if I look for one), mobs tend to die too fast for you to pull a ton of hate unless you DS + Cure IV someone right after they engage. Endgame, especially in longer fights like Cerb or Khim, more - enmity might come in handy.
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-04 01:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx all for the help!

Cure V = 789 *is this good?*
Atm!
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-04 01:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir's Torque is good for whm that lack mp.
Enmity down during night, ftw.
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Server: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2009-03-06 11:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yigit Turban is an ok alternate to Goliard Chapeau for a Cure V set, Yigit has one less MND, and one extra Enmity (or vice versa?) over Goliard. Down side is no +MP. However, some players have the full set because it is a nice resting set (the best you can do for some jobs, like BLU) and is storageable.

For Cure V, I use Promise Badge (+5 MND) over Ajari Bead Necklace simply because more jobs can use it (beads are WHM/SMN onry). For oher cures I use Republican Silver Medal for -1 Enmity (and a nice lv40 cap +hMP piece).

If you really need the -Enmity, Delta Earring (-3) and Trooper's Ring (-4) are pretty good for the slot. These items are essentially free if you put a little work in for the points/rank.

The light obi is the single biggest boost you can make to your cure numbers, provided you're able to get aurora weather/lightsday.
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-06 11:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Korin Obi if you do Nyzul Isle or Limbus (Temenos) on WHM is huge.

Cure V for 1k+ is not unusual in Temenos with it.
 Asura.Eilyssa
Server: Asura
user: eilyssa
By Asura.Eilyssa 2009-03-06 12:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

think noone mentionned those :

ring : aqua ring when you need max MND
hat : AF+1 (limbus again :p) it's the hat with the most MND

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I'm elvaan - my base mnd is 76(2 merits in it). I cure with +60 mnd. My cure V with no lightsday help is 862. I've worked on this set for 4 years now since I hit 75 whm. My MP when hitting those cure V's is 959. That is what I use when in battles, be it merit or endgame. I rarely if ever have issues with hate. For those that care, here is my cure gear setup:

Templar mace
Muse Tariqah
Hedgehog bomb
Zenith crown +1
Morgana's choker
Magnetic earring
Loquacious earring
Aristocrat's coat
Hlr. mitts +1
Aqua ring
Tamas ring
Prism cape
Witch sash
Blessed trousers +1
Mahatma pigaches

One piece I still want for this setup is Roundel earring.+5% cure potency would be crazy for any slot.

Again this is 4 years of work. But serves me well.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2009-03-06 13:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on the link Harui posted, I added an option on my site so you can quickly see your available options.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-06 13:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

{Not a White Mage posting:}

I quite like Goliard Saio for curing. The enmity minus is pretty serious business, it looks very pretty, it has Conserve MP and it's got MP, ensuring a balance is kept when switching into all that sickly Errant gear.

</Red Mage>

Nashira Turban is nice too... But this is strictly all about enmity, since a Red Mage's only reliable form of curing is Cure IV... Which we probably all know too well is a massive hate builder.
 Hades.Darkanthrax
By Hades.Darkanthrax 2009-03-06 13:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hehe here's my two cents.
Listen to Gidonidon :p, he's a crafty TT like u and me.

Mmm.. I wouldn't stress the importance of any one stat..
Obviously Mind, Enmity, haste, cure %+, and to a degree vitality are all important factors when curing. I would gear depending on what you are doing.

HNM/Sky/Sea:
probably want to stress enmity -,

Fast pace anything
ie: Einherjar/ Merit Parties
~haste+ armor, fast cast, perhaps scholar support job

Long events / Dynamis
~ mp+ equipment, conserve mp equipment, black mage or summoner support job

The thing you have to balance is the fact that will this piece of equipment be more useful as a MP+ piece.. or a MND+, enmity-, cure potency+ piece..

For instance,
1 earring can only get +2 MND or +30 MP..
However capes can get up to +5 MND (auto+20mp) or +40 MP..

Rather have 7 MND and potentially 20 mp? or +70 MP and no MND?
OR Maybe you can get -13 Enmity and no MND or MP (>.<;)
personally I rate MND to MP ratio 1:10, trade off 1 MND for 10 MP if I were to upgrade a piece of equipment. (so 30 MP > 2 MND).
This doesn’t include any other stats like fast cast, enmity, vitality, +/- HP, haste, cure+%, magic skills+ or fashion points

quite a conundrum..
It's really personal preference, but you can't cure w/o MP ^^.. Also, white mage is a job where equipment doesn't determine how good you are, Your skills do.

The only piece of equipment I recommend ALL WHMs have macrod in, is the Cure Clogs.
 Hades.Darkanthrax
By Hades.Darkanthrax 2009-03-06 14:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

also Nevian :p you might wanna look into the Marduk feet& Aslan cape for max mnd increase, +15 MND total (^.^)b
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [374 days between previous and next post]
 Garuda.Snuffy
By Garuda.Snuffy 2010-03-15 16:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ACP hat + ASA pants = 10% more cure potency, will do far more than MND or Healing Skill and it's free (kind of).
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-03-15 16:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

>.>

/sigh
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Vitali
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2010-05-06 15:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing I've noticed is that no one here has really distinguished between gear sets for cure 3/4 and cure 5.

For 3/4 I macro in enmity gear in places where most just thrown in mind. (errant cape over aslan, staff strap over raptor +1, theta sash if the fight has a lot of hate reset issues).

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=153273

For Cure 5, i'll add in mind. (raptor +1, soon to be reign grip, aslan). Currently without food, i sit at 112 mind, and 42% cure potency, for a cure 5 of 979.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=153274

Planned improvements include karka ring (group has seen only 1 so far), star ring, Fylgja +1 (when synergy decides it's my turn to be lucky), and pythia sash (+1, luck depending).
 Hades.Dierdren
user: Dierdren
By Hades.Dierdren 2010-05-28 02:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, a few things I've noticed..

You don't have a Roundel Earring or a MND Earring for starters either MND Earrings x2 or a Roundel/MND earring combo would help you out alot.

You don't have MND Rings or a Medicine Ring which if you can activate latent would give your cures alot more oomph.

Ajari Bead Necklace if you don't have a Fylgia, also if you have the money an Aristocrats Coat will always be better than Nobles.

My Cure Set includes:

Teiwaz (Cure potency +15% Augment)
Reign Grip
Hedgehog Bomb
Selenian Cap (Cure Potency +3%, Fast Cast and MND+6 Augments)
Flygia Torque +1
Communion Earring
Roundel Earring
Aristocrats Coat
Healers Mitts +1
Karka Ring
Medicine Ring
Aslan Cape
Penitents Rope (Korin obi on Lightsday/Weather situations)
Tatsumaki Sigagoromo (Cure Potency +5%, Movement Speed +8% Augments)
Mahamta Pigaches (Cause the stupid imp Dekka won't put out for my Marduk)

With this Setup my Cure V's unresisted on a normal day comes out to be a 1030-1040 with my Cure IV's almost hitting 600 consistantly

I hope I have helped you out and have a good day :)
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-05-28 02:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a little thing :
- Selenian Cap is 3%, not 5%.
- Cure potency is capped at 50% (without count the korin obi which can beat the 50%) so it's useless to equip more. I posted my cure test on wiki and if you dont believe me, try to cure with and without your Flygia Torque +1 (that will make you cure for 50 and 53% with the same mnd), you will see you have the same numbers.

Quote:
I've noticed is that no one here has really distinguished between gear sets for cure 3/4 and cure 5.

You have to have a set for normal mobs with full potency, and an other for bosses with a mixe of enmity and potency (and the normal set works on bosses if you dont take age to kill them).
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [112 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2010-09-17 02:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My ideal cure set, I've explained it in the comment.

I think I pretty much have perfected it gear wise (and I'm about 95% to having it completed myself so its not out of the question).

If your one to steal hate then you'll be taking out some of the MND for -enmity (or for Cure IV).
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2010-09-17 12:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
My ideal cure set, I've explained it in the comment. I think I pretty much have perfected it gear wise (and I'm about 95% to having it completed myself so its not out of the question). If your one to steal hate then you'll be taking out some of the MND for -enmity (or for Cure IV).

I personally would prefer Serpentes Cuffs & Serpentes Sabots instead of Healer's Mitts +1 & Marduk's Crackows ^-^
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2010-09-17 13:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Houppelande said:
Siren.Kalilla said:
My ideal cure set, I've explained it in the comment. I think I pretty much have perfected it gear wise (and I'm about 95% to having it completed myself so its not out of the question). If your one to steal hate then you'll be taking out some of the MND for -enmity (or for Cure IV).

I personally would prefer Serpentes Cuffs & Serpentes Sabots instead of Healer's Mitts +1 & Marduk's Crackows ^-^

Why may i ask? I understand the use for them when your not casting and not resting. But Cure Potency caps at 50% and you already have 51% with the set i posted, the gloves would not only be useless in terms of cure potency but it would loose a lot of MND and lolhealing magic skill.

Code
Serpentes Cuffs
[Hands] All Races
DEF: 16 HP +17 MP +17
Daytime: Adds "Regen" effect
Nighttime: Adds "Refresh" effect
Set: "Cure" Potency +5%
Lv. 80 WHM / BLM / RDM / BRD / SMN / BLU / SCH
Code
Serpentes Sabots
[Feet] All Races
DEF: 14 HP +13 MP +13
Daytime: Adds "Refresh" effect
Nighttime: Adds "Regen" effect
Set: "Cure" Potency +5%
Lv. 80 WHM / BLM / RDM / BRD / SMN / BLU / SCH

verses...

Code
Healer's Mitts +1
[Hands] All Races
DEF: 14 MP +15 STR +7 MND +7
Healing magic skill +15
Enmity -4
Lv. 74 WHM
Code
Marduk's Crackows
[Feet] All Races
DEF: 20 MP +3% MND +10
Enfeebling magic skill +5
String instrument skill +5
Summoning magic skill +5
Enmity -4
Set: Enhances Fast Cast effect
Lv. 75 WHM / BRD / SMN

Lets say you do use them, you have 5% cure potency in 2 armor slots. This would allow you to take out Orison Cape and Fylgja Torque +1 for Sunbeam Belt (actually a back piece) and Ajari Necklace for 12 MND.

Thats 12 MND vs the 17 MND and 15 Healing Magic Skill with the gloves and feet.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Temeraire
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-09-17 14:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a reason other than e-peen as to why we are reviving a long dead thread...again?

...but I bit anyway, didn't I? Very well...

Since this is about e-peen anyway, it is probably useless to point out that 1077 hp cures are very rarely necessary. You can C5 for 950 and save a ton of gil, time, and effort. And probably rarely see the full 950 hp. To each their own, I suppose.

Otherwise, you could actually be building a recast set or a specialized low-manning -enmity and conserve MP set and get more use out of it. That is, unless you e-peen over 50 million hp cures.

Btw, that is a pre-cast set...what does your midcast look like?
[+]
First Page 2