Best Atma 4???

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Best Atma 4???
Best Atma 4???
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2011-01-14 16:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how the 'best' linkshell on the server is actually ranked third. And is apparently filled with derp.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-14 16:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ulilly said:
Omg omg I can post pics 2. . . omg

@Tweeek: Yea I hear ya but is it rly necessary to come into a thread and be a smartass about it? I mean dont you see the other responses in this thread. . . Like seriously is like some ppl always have something neg to say, if you didn't like the post why not just move along? Surely the thread would have died if noone fed into it right? Right.

omg omg pics omg =)

EDIT: Not replying to this anymore, I think he got some rly good suggestion from some nice people.

To be fair he's notorious, and the reason people are coming in here with not very helpful answers is because, quite frankly, he does not deserve said help. If you've seen him post before you'd realize this and stop bitching about people being unhelpful.
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2011-01-14 16:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:

Gotta stick up for his LS yo!
 Sylph.Kyarutaru
Server: Sylph
user: Kyarutaru
By Sylph.Kyarutaru 2011-01-14 16:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Pandemonium.Scrumpet said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
What should WHMja use? :0

my personal preference is MM, Ambition and Allure

i don't need the cure pot% atma I got gear to hit cap, i love the extra movement speed, 15 tick a refresh is good for me and i love the mnd/mp% from Allure :)

Talking about WHM/NIN. .__.;

oh lol my bad never seen WHMja term touche :)

I would think RR/MM for starters but I have never taken my WHMja into Abyssea

DD WHinja would probably benefit strongly from an atma that enhances attack as its third atma, yeah?

I typically use RR/GH/MM -- if MP is not an issue, can forego MM and use Stout Arm for the AGI and Crit Hit against NMs in particular.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-14 16:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ulilly said:

@Tweeek: Yea I hear ya but is it rly necessary to come into a thread and be a smartass about it? I mean dont you see the other responses in this thread. . . Like seriously is like some ppl always have something neg to say, if you didn't like the post why not just move along? Surely the thread would have died if noone fed into it right? Right.

EDIT: Not replying to this anymore, I think he got some rly good suggestion from some nice people.

The OP says they are a vet, they should know better. If they don't know better they should read my 2nd post which tells them where to find each individual job forum to do their own research.

The problem is, it's not that they don't know how.. it's just like everyone assumed this person is too lazy. Not to mention that it's nearly impossible to answer the OP based on how the question was poorly written. Each job has multiple functions to bring to a party and each of those functions will have 1 or multiple "best" atma sets to perform said function.

A 1-all FFXI Abyssea for Dummies guide to Atmas does not exist, asking for one for multiple jobs only insults the depth of the game insinuating that this wonderful world we call Vana'diel is not complex but rather simple.

PS. He got some half *** responses from some people nice enough to provide half *** answers tbh. Sure someone could spend an hour drafting up a response that would address each individual job with each atma set for multiple functions that the job could be asked to play a part of but *** the lazy op, he admitted to being lazy why should anyone waste their time putting together such a complex answer.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-14 16:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ajahri said:
u either need a hug or to get laid... probably have daddy issues
Think I'm covered, but thanks for your concern.

I agree with Tweeek, I'm more than willing to help people (it's my primary reason for posting here after all) but I'm not going to just give that information out to people who won't at least make an effort on their own. By doing so you take advantage of my time and knowledge to an unproductive end, whereas by doing even a little research you could not only possibly find the answer for yourself, but you'll have a better understanding of the answer and how it may vary.

Ulilly, no, my posts were not necessary. Neither were yours. Nor were the OP's. None of this is "necessary". Nothing is. It was all done by choice, and you don't have any control over my choices. You do, however, have a choice of whether or not to read my posts.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-14 16:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

i don't need the cure pot% atma I got gear to hit cap, i love the extra movement speed, 15 tick a refresh is good for me and i love the mnd/mp% from Allure :)

Extra mp is useless when you don't run outta mp... extra mnd the same can be said really. Use apoc.

well you forgot the -enm too but wtf would I want AoA for I cast RR3 on myself, if I didn't use Allure (or if I didn't have it) I would use another refresh minor.

also keep in mind Draylo I was responding what I use as normal WHM I didn't realize at the time he was asking about WHM/NIN, I could see AoA being useful on WHM/NIN if that was what you were implying. I don't know how AoA would stack up though for DD WHM compared to another crit% atma though, I also don't know if triple attack can proc on Hexa Strike kinda like how DA doesn't proc on an 8hit
 Valefor.Ulilly
Server: Valefor
user: SlayerDNA
By Valefor.Ulilly 2011-01-14 16:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

On somewhat topic:

WHM/BLM: /blm for certain occ but lately I'm finding myself using it allot more

MM + MM + Apoc

MM for the mp refresh
MM for the fast cast/recast(mainly on stun) oh and the -enm is really nice if you have a sch casting light weather on you.
Apoc well lets just say it kicks *** having x5 stun go off back to back(if the situation called for it).

Yes I low man allot is why /blm is my choice stun <333, granted my drk skill doesn't reach that high on whm.

I prefer those atmas rly, I cant live with out my fast cast atmas>.>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-14 16:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Did you give Ketea a choice???? : p
I did! He chose to drop 3x cards, twice.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-14 16:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

does Quick Cast really proc that often with AoA? If so that's pretty bad ***..
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-14 16:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc it's a 10% procrate
 Bahamut.Arouis
Server: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Arouis 2011-01-14 17:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ajahri said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Valefor.Ajahri said:
maybe i worded that wrong i just need the best atmas period for those jobs

you might as well ask this question:

Ajahri said:
I leveled all of my jobs as key *** in abyssea I don't know anything about multiple jobs and don't know much about any atmas. Rather than learn each job individually or perhaps learn 1 job at a time maybe even ask 1 forum at a time i.e. ask a BRD forum some questions about playing BRD I will instead ask the following question:

Please tell me what I should do to gear all these unique jobs that in some cases have nothing in common BLM, THF, BRD, BST, NIN, SMN, PLD then please tell me what macros to use, while you're at it can you just tell me which atmas to use? Can you just generally tell me how to play every job in the game I am unable to put in the time to research anything

obviously I only mean the best in any standard party

Rather than just ask 1 question about all these jobs try and do a little research in the jobs individual forums

1 place to check

Each job is unique and even more unique than that is the purpose in the party there is no 1 answer for all those jobs or "standard" party.

If your only real problem is understanding on what atmas are available then here Atma List

i never said that... im in the best ls in Valefore and im a vet player i understand the game inside and out im just lazy and would have loved if people werent *** and would READ a question and ANSWER it or just not post... example

THF: VV, RR, Senguine Scythe or something like that

*** i h8 people

Im Sure Kalasin, Ulilly and the rest in Kuj would appreciate you not acting likea *** retard and using there shell as a 'zomg im beast at ffxi'z' post. They are good players, and know their ***. I suggest you stop being a lazy *** and read up on your *** jobs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Arouis
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Arouis 2011-01-14 17:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
does Quick Cast really proc that often with AoA? If so that's pretty bad ***..

Its realllly nice to proc on Ichi if you need :D
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-14 17:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Extra mp is useless when you don't run outta mp... extra mnd the same can be said really. Use apoc.

well you forgot the -enm too but wtf would I want AoA for I cast RR3 on myself, if I didn't use Allure (or if I didn't have it) I would use another refresh minor.

also keep in mind Draylo I was responding what I use as normal WHM I didn't realize at the time he was asking about WHM/NIN, I could see AoA being useful on WHM/NIN if that was what you were implying. I don't know how AoA would stack up though for DD WHM compared to another crit% atma though, I also don't know if triple attack can proc on Hexa Strike kinda like how DA doesn't proc on an 8hit

For regular WHMing. Insta cast cures, available to have another cure already handy is awesome. Insta RR for low manning when you will die few times and never have to worry about keeping it on and if by chance the whm need to proc blue, the TA is handy. My whm I am always with SPAMS cures and never runs out of mp... really. Temp items, 15 a tic refresh + gear and martellos will be enough, should never run out for most part unless healing multiple people.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-14 17:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

draylo, maybe i'll check it out, i dont even have Shinryu access yet, so no AoA for me yet. I just killed my 9th zone boss last night and will be working on the cats over the next week or two.

also I don't have all the hp/mp or the mnd/str/dex etc abyssites maybe that could be a factor for me later too, maybe when I do I can re-look at which atmas I use :P
 Valefor.Ulilly
Server: Valefor
user: SlayerDNA
By Valefor.Ulilly 2011-01-14 17:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

For regular WHMing. Insta cast cures, available to have another cure already handy is awesome. Insta RR for low manning when you will die few times and never have to worry about keeping it on and if by chance the whm need to proc blue, the TA is handy. My whm I am always with SPAMS cures and never runs out of mp... really. Temp items, 15 a tic refresh + gear and martellos will be enough, should never run out for most part unless healing multiple people.

I agree with this,

Apoc really is wonders on whm, specially if you spam cure allot which I do on whm allot never out of mp either with pots etc. Apoc is a really nice atma to have, give it a try. Duo Tunga whm + nin apoc is your best friend=)

EDIT: Thos Allure is nice to have an I do miss it I cant give up my Fast cast + apoc
 Phoenix.Jimie
Server: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2011-01-14 17:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2011-01-14 18:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Atma of the Troll, surely.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-15 01:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok for blm the 4 you need to use are beyond beyond and beyond + MM... /drools at the potential dmg

Also whoever above said sanguine scythe is wrong except sometimes while tanking and doing it for the hp. RR+crit bonus 2= 33 I think already. Should probably be using one of those daggers for another 4-6ish at which point you are only using like 11-13 of that +30% crit dmg... yeah use Gnarled horn you wont be dissapointed from a tanking or DD perspective

Also generally VV isn't that great on thf either. Get AoA or alpha/omega or dark depths or stout arm for DDing
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-15 01:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ajahri said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Valefor.Ajahri said:
u either need a hug or to get laid... probably have daddy issues
Think I'm covered, but thanks for your concern.

I agree with Tweeek, I'm more than willing to help people (it's my primary reason for posting here after all) but I'm not going to just give that information out to people who won't at least make an effort on their own. By doing so you take advantage of my time and knowledge to an unproductive end, whereas by doing even a little research you could not only possibly find the answer for yourself, but you'll have a better understanding of the answer and how it may vary.

Ulilly, no, my posts were not necessary. Neither were yours. Nor were the OP's. None of this is "necessary". Nothing is. It was all done by choice, and you don't have any control over my choices. You do, however, have a choice of whether or not to read my posts.

do yourself a favor... grab a knife +1 and end it all. slit your wrist and watch the pretty candy leak out. im sure no one in this world would miss you. you just throw off this vibe like your unloved :(

I'd miss him! :( On the other hand, I wouldn't miss you. If I were a giant dragon I'd eat you in a heartbeat and have no regrets. Actually. Scratch that. I'd toast your *** because you'd give me an upset stomach. ; -;
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-15 02:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya know, I would've thought telling everyone to kill themselves suggested you had more issues than them but that's just me.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-01-15 02:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

I personally use Allure, Undead, and MM. I have the cure potency cap and just run around in heralds is good enough for me, plus i like less refresh for MND to make things a little more interesting. I personally dont think we need to have 4 mp a tic in armor with 6 mp a tic refresh 2 with 7-9 mp a tic ghorn ballad with 15 mp a tic atma giving us 32 or w/e mp a tic. Makes the job to easy.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-15 02:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

whms should use allure VV and RR... for hexa striking randomly!
 Alexander.Kolossus
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Kolossus 2011-01-15 03:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure the mods won't close this thread, due to the fact it can be used as a warning/proof that two of you are poster children for pro-abortion.

Also, for the people posting constructive advice on the Atmas; stop. You're wasting your time on someone who is "lol" enough to play the "need to get laid" card on an internet MMORPG forum.

With all of that said: Rofl.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-15 06:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

OP wrote this post in another thread 3 days ago.

Valefor.Ajahri said:
ok for starters I've been reading some posts from some1 that i completely despise and was very annoyed but decided to take the high road and not respond in the typical angry black woman fashion... instead i wanted to start a thread of my own on a completely different subject. (swallowing my complete disgust for this person i will begin)

ok so because of work and other ***i haven't been able to play my beloved FFXI since Dec 30th of last year and now its the 12th and well ok heres what a website describes as the symptoms of crack withdrawal...

Crack withdrawal symptoms include but are not limited to:

agitation
depression
intense craving for the drug
extreme fatigue
anxiety
angry outbursts
lack of motivation
nausea/vomiting
shaking
irritability
muscle pain
disturbed sleep

im feeling all of these btw and yes I'm comparing my not playing to that of a crack withdrawal so... you (the reader) might look at this and think "get a life you *** loser" well i do have a "life" but for the last 5-6 years FFXI has been a very big part of my life so im sure the die-hard player in you can relate to my plight.

the reason for this post is just to vent my frustration and disdain for my situation. and to ask is there anyone out there that has went through a similar withdrawal.. please share <^.^>

P.S. i have recurring nightmares of my taru chasing me with a tattoo of LM17 on his forehead and a very loud Shantoto screaming in a dark background.. does that mean something?

OP

that is all, carry on.
[+]