What Grinds Your Gears?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » What grinds your gears?
What grinds your gears?
First Page 2 3 ... 219 220 221 ... 313 314 315
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 17:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryezen said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Yeah, no, I was my DNC/NIN unfortunately, low level WHM blows *** in Campaign...

Hmmm, does DNC/NIN have the surviveability of NIN/DNC? Just wondering.

I do for the most part, at least I do now that I have No Foot Rise and started meriting Reverse Flourish, but it still get's hairy at times...
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-20 17:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

U kno what grinds my gears? When ppl derail the thread to talk about dnc's survivability.... ohwaitwhat?
lol
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 17:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
U kno what grinds my gears? When ppl derail the thread to talk about dnc's survivability.... ohwaitwhat?
lol

LOL
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-21 03:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

People who endlessly ***, moan, cry and Q_Q about windower and how people who use it are "cheaters" really grind my gears.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-21 04:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
so lets look at it like this...

what grinds our gears more...

keeping the mages alive by going balls-to-the-wall like all melees suppose to... or... Being a mage, seeing the melees getting killed, and not curing or raising?

It's common courtesy for the mages to help the melee with cure and raise, cz lets face it, you *** WHMs wouldn't last that long without us anyway.
All I gotta say is *** that... if you want a cure, party up.

If a mage feels like curing you sure... but people who whine and /s or /sh spam crying for a cure piss me off. If you were so concerned with your survivability in the first place you would have 1) not pulled hate, 2) not pulled something you shouldn't have, 3) subbed /dnc or /whm or /rdm, or 4) partied up like a smart person...

Personally I like letting all the melees dumb enough to get killed die in campaign. I get double points for raising you and then curing you up after the raise... just more efficient for me...
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 04:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Kungfuhustle said:

keeping the mages alive by going balls-to-the-wall like all melees suppose to... or... Being a mage, seeing the melees getting killed, and not curing or raising?

It's common courtesy for the mages to help the melee with cure and raise, cz lets face it, you *** WHMs wouldn't last that long without us anyway.

If a mage feels like curing you sure... but people who whine and /s or /sh spam crying for a cure piss me off. If you were so concerned with your survivability in the first place you would have 1) not pulled hate, 2) not pulled something you shouldn't have, 3) subbed /dnc or /whm or /rdm, or 4) partied up like a smart person...

Personally I like letting all the melees dumb enough to get killed die in campaign. I get double points for raising you and then curing you up after the raise... just more efficient for me...

You're a ***, you obviously have no idea what it's like to pull hate on a mob WHILE WEAKENED, doing nothing but melee with *** pld's melee-ing too. Seriously, do these *** melee in enmity- gear or what?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-07-21 05:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing that grinds my gears is how the general community perceived and reacted to the version update. Not how they reacted to the contents; but rather, how they reacted to finding out exactly what'd changed.

I mean, this is a game, isn't it? Half the fun of the new content is to explore it and find out. Yet before the game was even online, we had detailed lists of exactly what spawns in what zone, what every new item did, new mission walkthroughs, etc. It feels more like we're playing a game of statistics sometimes rather than fantasy.

Running through the new northlands zones knowing there wasn't any "omgwtf" NMs around the corner just took the icing off of the cake.

/end rant.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 05:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
One thing that grinds my gears is how the general community perceived and reacted to the version update. Not how they reacted to the contents; but rather, how they reacted to finding out exactly what'd changed.

I mean, this is a game, isn't it? Half the fun of the new content is to explore it and find out. Yet before the game was even online, we had detailed lists of exactly what spawns in what zone, what every new item did, new mission walkthroughs, etc. It feels more like we're playing a game of statistics sometimes rather than fantasy.

Running through the new northlands zones knowing there wasn't any "omgwtf" NMs around the corner just took the icing off of the cake.

/end rant.

QFT, that's why I avoided starting up my browser until I'd explored the northlands and learnt my spells. The rest of it I don't really care so I've looked up everything since then :p
 Alexander.Syxx
Server: Alexander
user: Stylesz
By Alexander.Syxx 2009-07-21 07:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Wooooodum said:

/end rant.

QFT, that's why I avoided starting up my browser until I'd explored the northlands and learnt my spells. The rest of it I don't really care so I've looked up everything since then :p

i didnt even try out the new areas yet.. and therexs no omgwtf nm's? :( omg spoilers ;/
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 08:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There's at least one NM in beauc, it's a red demon right in the middle of the path not far from the OP. No idea what sort of NM it is, but it has 4 helpers, saw someone pull it as I ran past and die instantly to the helpers, so I figured I'd leave it alone :D
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 08:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought it might be considering where it was standing. Oh well, they might add some SCNM's or something later, all the other wotg zones only have 1-2 NM's anyway.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-21 09:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

food shopping without a car grinds my gears.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-21 09:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

U know what grinds my gears? When I put my Zune with 1000+ songs and prob 100+ diff artists on SHUFFLE ALL and it 9 outta the first 10 songs are from one artist/cd. /fail

Or even more so when SHUFFLE ALL plays the same exact song BACK to BACK!!!!11!!1! SRSLYWTF???!
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-21 09:33:30
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

What really grinds me is seeing everday a screenshot of an elvaan in subligar >.>

***!
 Fairy.Ryezen
user: Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-21 13:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:

Well then you'll be one dead, balls-to-the wall melee. Get over it, a Raise will come... Eventually. Want to live? Give a care about hate control.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-21 13:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

When someone doesnt like someone doing something...but instead of telling them to stop right away the just let it boil until they explode <.>
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-21 13:15:37
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

sounds like my wife.
 Fairy.Ryezen
user: Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-21 13:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
You're a ***, you obviously have no idea what it's like to pull hate on a mob WHILE WEAKENED, doing nothing but melee with *** pld's melee-ing too. Seriously, do these *** melee in enmity- gear or what?

Dood, what are you doing meleeing while weakened? Do what most people do and rest until you're actually ready to engage. Unless you would normally do that vs. like a regular NM while solo, why would you do it in Campaign Battle? And if you do, then you DEFINITELY can't complain about dying, since it's only gonna take like two hits from the mob to kill you anyhow. And maybe be extra careful about pulling hate while weakened? Also, most CB mobs have AoE moves; just seems crazy to engage up close while weakened anyhow. Am I making any sense yet?
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-07-21 13:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Malekith said:
Kungfuhustle said:

Sorry i just couldnt resist a chance to catch blazza with his pants down on such a dumbass remark. Blazza you have 1 job blu which im sure your great at. BUt i highly doubt you truely understand how a pld holds hate. But ill tell you how they dont hold hate.....melee plain and simple its your last desperate line for holding hate as a pld. You hold hate trough abilities, cures, and most importantly TA's not melee. A pld can melee in all the enmity + they want. It wont change ***because they hit like little girls and generate no hate from it. The closest a pld can come to hate built of melee is on atonement spam, which doesnt always work and you only do good damage if your already capped on enmity in both catagories. Idiot.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-21 13:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Was away for a day and came back to read this little gem...

Let me try and understand this... You're complaining about needing a cure because you just happened to pull hate while weakened? Are you serious? Just wtf are you doing melee on a mob in that state? If you died or lost hp because of that idiocy you deserve it.

So I'm a *** because I want no part in now pulling hate and possibly getting ganked myself because I need to take pity on the poor little idiot DD?

Honestly, it's one thing to *** if you're in a Campaign Battle PT, but it's another entirely if you're a ronin freelancer just out there solo. You take a risk when you do that, there is absolutely no obligation on any player to cover the *** of another person. If people die so be it... spend some of your AN and stock up on RR scrolls...

The QQ over campaign ettiquete or the lack of it is what really grinds my gears...
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-21 13:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have the ability to raise a person, and walk over their corpse because you don't want to spend the MP and the 2 seconds of your life to raise them, you are a *** ***. Plain and simple.

No ones saying get off your chocobo or anything here, no real inconvenience in just casting an R1 on a dead dude as you step over them to teleport back to your home nation. EVEN IF YOU GO IMMEDIATELY TO ANOTHER ZONE TO BATTLE, you have 1 minute after you get tags where you won't get ***for anything you do, so AMPLE OPPORTUNITY TO REST the MP back.

And yes, RR items from the C.A., and I usually do, but wtf are we supposed to do when there isn't any resources in a zone?

I swear, I think people just wanna be able to mash CTRL-A and walk away, and asking them to do anything else is like asking them to cut off their right arm. Q *** Q...
 Bismarck.Marinae
Server: Bismarck
user: Filiros
By Bismarck.Marinae 2009-07-21 13:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
People preferring to run away and/or ignore things then deal with them. Oh I'm sure it works out for some of them but what about everyone else?

That resolves it. I had dream augury with you in it (the one I think of you in-person) & it dealt with a lot of scenarios with the vice movie mentioned in the other thread, "guess the movie game".

Me having no fun in reading the future being that's something I can't do or forward with my spirit rank / power, as well as the odd looks in my direction for such, grind my "guilty" gear.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-21 13:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought she was banned.... again.
 Remora.Bradt
Server: Remora
user: Bradt
By Remora.Bradt 2009-07-21 13:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
If you have the ability to raise a person, and walk over their corpse because you don't want to spend the MP and the 2 seconds of your life to raise them, you are a *** ***. Plain and simple.

No ones saying get off your chocobo or anything here, no real inconvenience in just casting an R1 on a dead dude as you step over them to teleport back to your home nation. EVEN IF YOU GO IMMEDIATELY TO ANOTHER ZONE TO BATTLE, you have 1 minute after you get tags where you won't get ***for anything you do, so AMPLE OPPORTUNITY TO REST the MP back.

And yes, RR items from the C.A., and I usually do, but wtf are we supposed to do when there isn't any resources in a zone?

I swear, I think people just wanna be able to mash CTRL-A and walk away, and asking them to do anything else is like asking them to cut off their right arm. Q *** Q...

Whole heartedly agree with you on that but what kills me is when I'm in Quicksand Caves on my way to help someone with the ZM fight and I get a tell from 3 people in a pt that happens to be in there demanding that I come raise them because they wipes and that since I'm a WHM it's my responsibility to come all the way out to their party to raise them.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-21 14:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yeah, in the "real world" I don't begrudge people for being busy and not going out of their way to raise someone else.

I'm talking specifically in Campaign, since most everyone is standing RIGHT THERE and it really doesn't hurt to raise some guy that died. R1 is plenty, it takes 2 seconds. Like I said earlier, I laid dead with 3 other people after a battle for 30 *** minutes because everyone that COULD raise gave us the finger and warped, from right *** next to us...I mean, people that were fighting right along side us, watched us die, that could raise, just turned around and left us dead. We were literally trying to offer money to people near us to get us a raise, but nope...

I'll never get over how self centered people can be in this game, I swear...
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-21 14:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

...........SOOO
U kno what grinds my gears? When my daughter's Crayola Washability you can trust! Kids' Paint stains my *** favorite basketball shorts!!!! I will never trust crayola ever again. *** liars.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-21 14:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
...........SOOO
U kno what grinds my gears? When my daughter's Crayola Washability you can trust! Kids' Paint stains my *** favorite basketball shorts!!!! I will never trust crayola ever again. *** liars.

Ooh, that sucks pimp...I remember back when I used to babysit I would put crayons and markers in my pockets and forget, washing clothes, crayon in dryer...yeah, *** up so many jeans >.<
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-21 14:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

oooo i've done that. Crayons in the dryer will ruin an entire load of clothes. 5 pair of jeans I'll never get back thanks to one of those oversized white crayons. Thanks again Crayola.... I should sue them. If that dumbass lady could sue McD's over hot coffee, I should be able to sue Crayola over meltable crayons.
Server: Remora
By Remora.Gukehmdechahode 2009-07-21 14:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

When people think they are better than you at your job cause they have played a year longer than you.
And they have never played your job before.
First Page 2 3 ... 219 220 221 ... 313 314 315