Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Pet Food Eta
Pet Food Eta
 Lakshmi.Aequis
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aequis
By Lakshmi.Aequis 2010-12-17 08:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Also knew it'd be ruszor meat...that's why I went out to try and farm it before the big update. Managed to buy a single from the AH a few days ago, and have stocked up on apkallu eggs. Luckily...
 Seraph.Dreadnot
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Dreadnot 2010-12-17 11:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

2 Hours farming Ruszor = 3 meat. (Solo)
1 hour farming Apkallu = 3 eggs. (With a THF)
Finding out that each synth produces 4 pet food = headdesk

For how obnoxious the materials are they could have at least made it a 6 per synth.. Hopefully I can convince a THF friend to help farm the meat. Solo is just more trouble then it's worth.

And I really need to update my profile..
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2010-12-21 09:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know what level Cooking this requires?
 Bahamut.Bayan
user: BayanB
By Bahamut.Bayan 2010-12-22 06:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This just in:

Quote:
Q: A new recipe was added for Pet Food Eta, but the ingredients are terribly difficult to obtain. Will there be any adjustments to this recipe in the future?

A: Yes. The team shares players' concern that this recipe is disproportionately difficult compared to existing pet food recipes, and we plan to ease the requirements to make it more readily obtainable in the future.

From here.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2010-12-22 07:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bayan said:
This just in:

Quote:
Q: A new recipe was added for Pet Food Eta, but the ingredients are terribly difficult to obtain. Will there be any adjustments to this recipe in the future?

A: Yes. The team shares players' concern that this recipe is disproportionately difficult compared to existing pet food recipes, and we plan to ease the requirements to make it more readily obtainable in the future.

From here.
I'd honestly prefer it Dragon meat with lizard eggs, Apkallu's just horrid, combined with something that's never sold.
Hopefully they'll be more sensible and make it something like buffalo with lizard D:
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-22 18:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

More likely they'll raise the drop rate than fully change the ingredients.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-22 18:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Bahamut.Bayan said:
This just in:

Quote:

From here.
I'd honestly prefer it Dragon meat with lizard eggs, Apkallu's just horrid, combined with something that's never sold.
Hopefully they'll be more sensible and make it something like buffalo with lizard D:

I'm guessing (Hope) its Buffalo, would be a little easier to farm. If it Isn't buffalo, IDK What it could be outside of Dragon Meat.

I mean, I'm pretty sure Ziz meat and Lynx Meat are inter-changable already with their current Cockatrice/Coeurl meat Biscuits.
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-12-22 18:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they would just make it an NPC sold item like they did with automaton oil ninja tools and cor cards. 100k a stack is crafter abuse i dont care how hard it is to farm.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-22 21:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
I wish they would just make it an NPC sold item like they did with automaton oil ninja tools and cor cards. 100k a stack is crafter abuse i dont care how hard it is to farm.

They should just make the BST NPC in (S) Era sell Pet food Biscuits. Makes sense XD? Though Technically she eats those biscuits herself (Trade her one and you'll know what i mean).

Either that or just put it in some third-world Bastok shop with the galkan slave:

Alpha: 100g
Beta: 150g
Gamma: 300g
Delta: 500g
Epsilon: 750g
Zeta: 1,000g
Eta: 1,500g

Realistically priced, Pet food Zeta biscuits were like 8k before people bad-wagoned the job (how i miss those days -.-).

edit: Each, Not per-stack, NPC prices above is what I'm mentioning not AH. They really should add them :(
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-01-06 17:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

yep just seems a little unfair that every other job wit a consumable job item has an npc seller helping them to always be in stock and regulate AH prices.

Angon
Nin Tools
Cor Cards
Auto oils

All Npc sold.

Meanwhile, bst uses pet food at an extremely high frequency and is at the mercy of one of the most cutthroat opportunistic class of crafters for stock and price.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-14 12:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Bahamut.Bayan said:
This just in:

Quote:

From here.

I'm guessing (Hope) its Buffalo, would be a little easier to farm. If it Isn't buffalo, IDK What it could be outside of Dragon Meat.

I mean, I'm pretty sure Ziz meat and Lynx Meat are inter-changable already with their current Cockatrice/Coeurl meat Biscuits.

Called it!

Quote:
San d'Orian Flour, Apkallu Egg, Buffalo Meat, Distilled Water

From the POL Mini-Update.

This is going to skyrocket my precious Buffalo meat prices i think. i hope it doesn't. but if it does at least i got a farm spot back.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-14 12:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
This is going to skyrocket my precious Buffalo meat prices i think. i hope it doesn't. but if it does at least i got a farm spot back.
NPC in Ru'lude Gardens...
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-14 12:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
NPC in Ru'lude Gardens...

implying people aren't stupid.

you see the prices of new scrolls after updates? 300k? 200k? 400k? when you can buy them from an NPC For like 108K?

Edit: Pretty sure it still goes on with some items like Elsh.Pachiru Fruit.

PLUS That NPC doesn't stock Buffalo meat unless you buy about ~250k gil worth of ***from her, and inv. resets at JP midnight, so its not like its an endless supply with no strings attached.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Macchi_Gazlitah

Did you look her up or just check the FFXIAH page :X?
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-02-14 12:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

***, I knew I should have held on to the buffalo meat I had. :/ I just put a little up on the AH last night.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-14 12:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Every time I've gone by that NPC it always has it in stock. No I didn't *JUST* look it up or check FFXIAH page.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-14 12:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Every time I've gone by that NPC it always has it in stock. No I didn't *JUST* look it up or check FFXIAH page.

Odd, So either there's a glitch where she remains fully stocked at all times... or the FFXIclopedia page is massively outdated and the Buffalo Meat isn't a "third tier" Item.

Or its quite possible you have some JP or someone on your server who keeps her stocked.

On Asura someone always keeps that Flower-Girl stocked, I always pass up someone buying stuff from her.

I think you might have someone on your server buying stuff from her to stock her... Uleg/Milk is used in a few recipes, and her second-tier items are as well so its not unlikely.

Edit: Looks like that wedge of cheese is used in Marinara Pizza recipes... Could explain why you seem to see her always stocked if Marin.Pizza/+1 is popular on your server.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-15 01:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

buuuummmmmppppp

"The materials required to synthesize Pet Food Eta will be adjusted to make this item more readily available to adventurers."

any idea what this means?

apkallu eggs buyable at npc now?
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-02-15 01:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
buuuummmmmppppp

"The materials required to synthesize Pet Food Eta will be adjusted to make this item more readily available to adventurers."

any idea what this means?

apkallu eggs buyable at npc now?

Think that just meant that they changed the meat from ruszor to buffalo. If it turns out you can buy apkallu eggs somewhere, I'll gladly stand corrected.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-15 02:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

yah i didn't really consider the ruszor meat as hard to get as the apkallu eggs..

I'm a bit let down :\
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-02-15 02:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

meh eggs are easy apukular cleave burn in aby mis coast lol
 Bahamut.Zoltar
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-02-15 09:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

These have never been bought from NPC, but hopefully that has changed, anyone able to check the Windy cooking guild to confirm?