Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » NM Cactrot Rapido
NM Cactrot Rapido
First Page 2 3
By Unantastbar 2010-11-22 08:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Ladies and Gentleman :-P

I know it is stupid to post something like this here. But well, still worth a try huh?

If you ever been to East-Altepa last weeks, and got aggroed by a Sabotender, you mostly ended up dying. Rapido attacks with Linking. No Provoke, Distant Attack, Spell ... can hit him. And if - He shows no Interest to fight you.

The Point is, I want to help a good Friend with a Trial, to beat 200 Sabotender. I know, West-Altepa is okay too, but even if, this NM needs to be killed!

Who is willing to do that? No, I won't pay you. Maybe you're lucky and he will drop you something nice. Maybe some RDM's are bored and want to have some fun with him?

I heard, 2 RDM's can kill him. Or one good skilled RDM. I saw People who tried it with another Partysetup and failed. 10.000 Needles is instant Death.

Good Luck. And thank you for reading. :-)
[+]
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2010-11-22 08:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What Server are you? I would kill it for you.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-22 08:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Forum » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » NM Cactrot Rapido
[+]
 Shiva.Unantastbar
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Unantastbar 2010-11-22 11:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup. Server is Shiva. But thank you for your reply!
[+]
 Shiva.Raini
user: Raini
By Shiva.Raini 2010-11-22 19:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao! That NM has been up for how long now? Is Danric on our LS often? If so tell him to get a hold of me and when he wants to kill Rapido I'll have Salas get on and they can duo-RDM him, or whatever, if he's not killed by then. =P
[+]
 Shiva.Raini
user: Raini
By Shiva.Raini 2010-11-22 20:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha umm I'm not sure how to kill him then... It seems we weren't doing so bad last time we tried to duo him, but of course we disconnected in the middle of the fight. So I'm a bit angry with Rapido. >.>

Anyway, don't worry, we will be back for sure next month when the version update comes. =D If not sooner! I miss you all and can't wait to see you again.

In the meantime good luck getting someone to kill the NM, I hope they kill it and get the drop as well. ^^
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-11-22 20:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Implying that soloing this takes skill is an insult to anyone who actually has skill.
 Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-22 21:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Im on Shiva too! Hi5!~ Ill help on SMN. or BLU. or MNK. No RDM unfortunately
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-22 21:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Luz said:
Implying that soloing this takes skill is an insult to anyone who actually has skill.

Why are you complaining then? You clearly aren't insulted by it.
[+]
 Shiva.Nindo
By Shiva.Nindo 2010-11-22 21:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on Shiva as well an I dont mind coming to help ^^. I've got RDM an I've poked this NM a few times before just for fun. Whenever im on feel free to ask.
[+]
 Shiva.Unantastbar
By Shiva.Unantastbar 2010-11-23 06:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Nindo & Khimaira!! I surely will.

Raini, if possible, get Salas on too please. :P

Thank you for you friendly offers and kind help. </kneel>

And Luz, I'm sorry, but that's was clopedia say :
Can be soloed by a skilled RDM.
I did not want to offend someone with my Text.

[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-11-23 08:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN/anything, RDM/NIN, BLU/NIN, and I would be willing to bet DNC/NIN can all solo this NM with a little luck and know how. Any job that can hold it + SMN using lvl 70 BPs then release really quick can also duo it really easy and fast.

I still camp Rapido just about every time he spawns on Odin, either solo with NIN or duo NIN + BLU.

I've found BLU can take him all the way down to 40% with just one solo SC... add some extra top spells in and you can kill it in less then a minute.

Most of the time when I duo with my BLU friend it takes around 1 minute to kill it, and that's taking our time playing safe.
Solo on NIN shouldn't take longer then 15 mins just depends on your subjob, Before I would use /DNC.. But at 85 he misses so much I just take /WAR.
[+]
 Shiva.Unantastbar
By Shiva.Unantastbar 2010-11-23 10:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you make sure that he doesn't use 10.000 Needles? Only depends on the time?
[+]
 Odin.Trelan
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-11-23 10:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Stun or flee I would assume to avoid 10,000 Needles. I believe Upbeat has a video somewhere of him soloing Rapido.
[+]
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2010-11-23 11:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Unantastbar said:
<.< RAINIIII... Hiding Master ; ;

Danric is not there. ^^ We miss ya two! :(

I tried asking some random RDM's but they were afraid.

Sooo. Hopefully someone wants to beat this ... strong NM.
Thats just... Sad. Real rdms have no fear! >:(
[+]
 Shiva.Nindo
By Shiva.Nindo 2010-11-23 11:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Unantastbar said:
Thank you Nindo & Khimaira!! I surely will.

Raini, if possible, get Salas on too please. :P

Thank you for you friendly offers and kind help. </kneel>

And Luz, I'm sorry, but that's was clopedia say :
Can be soloed by a skilled RDM.
I did not want to offend someone with my Text.

Your welcome anytime hun! I know the few times I tried it was before levels went up. I think I went with few other rdms an we all were /nin an just chainspell nuked him down. Think once he killed us tho with 10,000 needles. But if you can time it right an run, or just kill him before he gets that off you should be good. Either way I can't wait to try now :3. An if NIN can kill it I can come that too or BLM even if thats somewhat useful for the fight. Been ages since I poked that NM anyways.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-23 11:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm on by then I can come on BRD to help out if that's needed.
[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-11-23 15:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Unantastbar said:
How do you make sure that he doesn't use 10.000 Needles? Only depends on the time?

Depends on what style you try to fight it really... safest way to do it is by far NIN or THF + SMN and use Levi's lvl 70 BP.

NIN just stands there and holds it SMN summons levi or w/e and use the 70 BP as soon as Rapido takes a swing then release as soon as the BP goes off... If you do it right your summon won't get hit and rapido gains 0 TP

NIN/BRD(or THF/NIN) + RDM/BLM + BLU/NIN is how I started off doing it, but is WAY more then what you need now at 85. RDM for Haste, Refresh, Frost ect. NIN/BRD Mambo + Ballad, BLU/NIN would use Cold wave, and Frost Breath 2 Feather Tickles and a Lowing. This is another really really easy way to do it, pull it to a zone and let the BLU zone after each frost breath.(Btw when I did it like this the lvl cap was 75 so I'm sure there is tons of ways to improve.)

for NIN or THF solo I'd suggest just watching my video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZomjNcYyqs You need to use a lot of Powder boots, and try to keep shadows up while running in circles.

I've never seen a BLU or DNC solo it but with Fan Dance 10,000's needles DMG should go down to 1k which is pretty easy to live from. BLU on the other hand would take a lot more luck then anything, Rapido only has 10,000 HP which is really nothing for a BLU to do in a short time.

I also did NIN/WAR(Or THF) + BLM/RDM for a long time at 75(Before I knew how well SMN worked) For this all you have to do is aggro rapido then pull him to a zone line... have the BLM buff up with stonskin/blink and use their strongest nuke(Most of the time I told them just to use Freeze II.) As soon as the spell goes off have then zone asap. I found if the nukes do higher then 1.6k most of the time it wouldn't get any TP moves off at all(Just depends on how much you get hit, A lot of the time I would never get hit.) But if the BLM's nukes are doing really bad like in the 800~900s just bring a pair of powder boots and use them as soon as the BLM starts to cast their nuke then run away while they zone causing 10,000 needles a "Out of range" message.

Edit: Sorry this is soo long lol. Rapido is just personally one of my favorite NMs in the game, and I've done tons of messing around with this NM.
[+]
 Shiva.Unantastbar
By Shiva.Unantastbar 2010-11-24 07:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for this Post! I saw your video, really nice Work.
And I would love to use your "Guide", but for me it is a looooong Way till Level Cap. But I'm sure others can use this Guide! Soloing this little Speedy is really nice work. Love it!

Soo, Shivarians. :)

Any Ideas for the Meetingtime? :D
[+]
 Shiva.Cybermario
By Shiva.Cybermario 2010-12-05 12:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

give me a shout, id like to help as well, always wanted to give this NM a try
[+]
 Shiva.Unantastbar
By Shiva.Unantastbar 2010-12-06 09:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay :-)
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [67 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Thashhh
user: Thashhh
By Shiva.Thashhh 2011-02-11 14:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i solo'd him and got kill once with my 90bst coz he didnt use his 10,000 needle, but the other 2 trys i had him down to 10% and then he used 10,000 needles. lame status. i can take his 1000 needles coz me my pet and my npc can share the damage but 10,000 thats too much to share lol.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-11 14:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah he's pretty weak.. did him in a bst duo a while back.. only took 2 jugs between us both so probably could have soloed.

I'm sure a smn could solo easy enough just saving blood pact timer for when your pet dies.

*** that NM tho.. pulling him is a pain in the *** >_<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-11 14:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt you have time to flee out of range.. he readies and uses pretty fast. I did manage to feral howl 10k needles once though :O

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Krebons
Server: Pandemonium
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2011-02-11 14:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bst can solo this with 2x pdt axes, anwig with -10% pet dt, shepards chain, atma of lion, heavens, and ducal guard, using dipper or sheepy...
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-11 14:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Krebons said:
Bst can solo this with 2x pdt axes, anwig with -10% pet dt, shepards chain, atma of lion, heavens, and ducal guard, using dipper or sheepy...

no atma outside of abyssea broseph.. unless you joking then carry on @.@
 Pandemonium.Krebons
Server: Pandemonium
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2011-02-11 14:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought they were refering to that one in abyssea my bad... The one in the tunnel could be soloed @ 75 on bst..... which makes me puzzled...

Ninja edit : The one in altep as well...
First Page 2 3