users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » NM Cactrot Rapido
NM Cactrot Rapido
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-02-11 14:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the one in Altepa that drops the bow or w/e.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-11 14:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Krebons said:
I thought they were refering to that one in abyssea my bad... The one in the tunnel could be soloed @ 75 on bst..... which makes me puzzled...

what pets would you use to solo it at 75. I thought about it before bug jugpets were pretty weak before and local pets are like lvl 40ish.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-11 14:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU/NIN soloable with Reaving Wind?
 Pandemonium.Krebons
Server: Pandemonium
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2011-02-11 14:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I ninja edited! rawr
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-11 14:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin can solo rapido

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-02-11 14:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't that Migawari spell or BRD Scherzo make this a joke?
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-11 14:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

yah he's pretty easy to solo for most jobs these day's id imagine..

only has 10k hp and could probably stun with violent flourish /dnc

Just not sure the bow's sale price is worth the time of pulling the little ***.

I'd do once for fun or to test yourself or w/e.. but camping him for gilz is dumb imo.
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-02-11 14:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

New best way to do Rapido for Ninja:

srsly doesn't get easier then this.

Only thing to be scared of is 1,000 needles. I find 1,000 needles to be a lot worse then 10,000 needles just because migawari will take care of that.

EDIT: Fun fact! I still have not seen one bow drop since that first thread I made about NIN being able to solo Rapido.... over 9 months ago.
[+]
 Shiva.Thashhh
user: Thashhh
By Shiva.Thashhh 2011-02-11 17:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

so feral howl does hit him? ill have to try that then move back and let pet fight only till feral howl is back. i dont know why i keep wanting to kill this nm. haha i dont need drop or gil. i quess just for kicks.

p.s i didnt find it too hard to agro the NM , maybe coz im Bst, just sic a pet on a catur then when its 10percent heel the pet and have the NM on widescan. only took like less then 5 mins to agro the nm.
 Shiva.Thashhh
user: Thashhh
By Shiva.Thashhh 2011-02-11 17:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

nice vid upbeat, you raped his azz. lol
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-02-12 01:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thashhh said:
nice vid upbeat, you raped his azz. lol

There is a video of a BST with less then great gear(They're wearing full perle + using woods/juggy; I saw no pet stuff) that killed Rapido using SwiftSieghard.

I'm 100% sure this had nothing to do it skill/strat, and everything to deal with luck though.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-12 01:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow didn't realize it had such little hp lol
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-02-12 01:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Silly Avesta makes it look like it has so much more :B
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-12 01:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Upbeat, maybe I'm wrong about how Migawari works, but since the NM never actually hits you, couldn't you just start the fight with <1k HP? Then Migawari would take care of 1k needles too wouldn't it?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-12 01:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
From the looks of it a rdm could probably just straight nuke it do death before it got enough tp to use a move.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-12 01:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Upbeat, maybe I'm wrong about how Migawari works, but since the NM never actually hits you, couldn't you just start the fight with <1k HP? Then Migawari would take care of 1k needles too wouldn't it?
It's calculated off your max HP, not your current HP.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-12 01:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
It's max hp... plus even if that did work it has like a 2 min recast lol
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-12 01:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Ah, so you'd need a ***ton of HP- gear (if enough exists) and then you'd be sacrificing gear that actually matters. Bummer.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-12 01:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Ah, so you'd need a ***ton of HP- gear (if enough exists) and then you'd be sacrificing gear that actually matters. Bummer.
You'd also be doing the mobs job for it. I mean you are greatly lowering your hp... in order to prevent taking some dmg... and then opening yourself up to a 2nd one or a 10k needle. Also af3 lowers the threshold for it anyways. Think +2 gets it to proc at 75% of your max hp
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-12 01:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
From the looks of it a rdm could probably just straight nuke it do death before it got enough tp to use a move.
I'd also imagine a blu could just zerg it down and just hope it uses something other than 10k.

Actually, a solo savage > quad doesn't give 100 tp, if you open with delta thrust > solo SC and avoid being hit, you'll have taken of a pretty decent chunk of HP and prevented it from using a tp move (turn to avoid meleeing). Assuming the plague sticks (I'm pretty sure I've landed lowing on it once upon a time), reaving wind will help speed up the process, and you should be able to whittle it down without it ever tp'ing if you take your time.

Would probably help if you knew exactly how much tp each spell will feed, and the rate at which it's tp goes down under plague (assuming it lands) etc.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-12 02:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I'd also imagine a blu could just zerg it down and just hope it uses something other than 10k.

Actually, a solo savage > quad doesn't give 100 tp, if you open with delta thrust > solo SC and avoid being hit, you'll have taken of a pretty decent chunk of HP and prevented it from using a tp move (turn to avoid meleeing). Assuming the plague sticks (I'm pretty sure I've landed lowing on it once upon a time), reaving wind will help speed up the process, and you should be able to whittle it down without it ever tp'ing if you take your time.

Would probably help if you knew exactly how much tp each spell will feed, and the rate at which it's tp goes down under plague (assuming it lands) etc.
Multi-hit spells are pretty easy to figure out assuming they land all hits, it's a definite 10tp per hit.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-12 02:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It is however rather difficult to figure out how many hits land on multihit spells
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-12 02:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Eyeballing (lol), even my mediocre equipment lets me land all hits of Quad. Cont. most of the time.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-12 02:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Could just assume all hits land on him, not an unreasonable assumption and it gives you a bit of safety buffer. Some Subtle Blow gear wouldn't hurt.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-12 02:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Eyeballing (lol), even my mediocre equipment lets me land all hits of Quad. Cont. most of the time.
Yeah you can assume high. The whole point of actually knowing is so you can shave time off and cast sooner. Can almost garuntee you will miss at least a couple of hits before it dies though.

Then there is subtle blow and Dagi to factor in...
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-12 02:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's 10tp per hit, but didn't know whether or not subtle blow (/nin and rajas) effected spells, I've never really had reason to try and find out. There's also the new AGI update on tp, I don't know if that effects spells either. Furthermore, I don't know how much tp each melee or ws hit feeds (again, no reason for me to know), or the amount of tp-/tic from either lowing or delta thrust. Nor do I know the values of tp loss from reaving wind, light of penance or feather tickle. I've played around with all of this ***before, but never found any of them to actually be in the least bit useful.

In fact, the ONLY time I've ever used them to actual effect, would be duoing rapido with my rdm friend.
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-02-12 06:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

At 75 when I first started killing Rapido I would use:
NIN/BRD to tank it.
BLU/NIN for Frost Breath/Cold Wave to deal DMG, and Feather Tickle/Lowing for TP loss. (After each Frost Breath would use 2 Feather Tickles)
RDM/BLM for Haste, DoTs, and Refresh.

I never got a TP off once in 15+ fights using this strat, but the fights were really really long, boring, and had to pull it to a zone so the BLU could zone if they gained any hate.

At 85 I duo'd with one of my BLU friends, and he pretty much soloed the thing before zoning. He managed to get it all the way down to 21% I want to say, but Rapido decided to use 10k needles. One or two more spells could of killed it without a doubt in my mind.

Also! Light of Penance failed every single cast at 75. However, now that we are 90 it might land.
 Ramuh.Kailana
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2011-02-12 06:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What song is that in the video, upbeat?

Fun watching your solo btw ^^