Terpsichore Still Worth It?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Terpsichore still worth it?
Terpsichore still worth it?
First Page 2
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-11-16 16:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been contemplating on getting started on my own. but I've been wondering with the lack of care for Assualt, Einherjar, and nyzul since Abyssea came out, is it still worth the drama?
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-16 16:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It was never worth it~

Also in all honesty, I don't see an average player ever completing a Mythic again. Unless an alternate form of Alexandrite is made available.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-11-16 16:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I still know people who do salvage, so Alexes are still going around on Bahamut, but yea, if you don't have any of the prereqs complete.... good luck. You might get it in 5 years.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-11-16 16:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a shame that SE did not implement random alex drops from Bastion.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-16 16:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
I still know people who do salvage, so Alexes are still going around on Bahamut, but yea, if you don't have any of the prereqs complete.... good luck. You might get it in 5 years.
I didn't exactly say Alexandrite is impossible to get~

They were 3k a piece about 8 months ago I'd say, they're up to 5k+ on Fenrir. Do the math~
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-16 16:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Still 3k on FairySylph
By Serj 2010-11-16 16:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd wait until we see what is on the level 90 version of the weapon. Giving +4 steps per step is.... silly to say the least. Unless they make it so you can have more than 5 total. I'd hope they'd put something else on it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-11-16 17:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

it really does suck that the maximum amount of finishing moves is 5

if this were changed i think it would be more worth the time invested
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-16 18:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

In a word, no.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [710 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Voren
Server: Bismarck
user: Voren
By Bismarck.Voren 2012-10-27 01:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the necro bump, anyone with a Trepsichore (99) out there that would give a pro/con on it?

I've been going back and forth on either getting a full Twashtar of WoE version, and since DNC is my main soloer, and fun, was considering a Trep.
 Lakshmi.Cortez
Server: Lakshmi
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2012-10-27 02:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Voren said: »
Sorry for the necro bump, anyone with a Trepsichore (99) out there that would give a pro/con on it? I've been going back and forth on either getting a full Twashtar of WoE version, and since DNC is my main soloer, and fun, was considering a Trep.

A quick look at your profile shows me that you don't really have any good ways of making gil (Fishing or a high lvl craft) except for farming dynamis and stuff like that ( No more chocobo blinkers). Considering alexs cost anywhere between 12k-20k depending on server, the cost for a mythic is around 400-600mil which doesnt include all the requirements before that (150,000 tokens from nyzul, all assaults completed 2 times, among others). If you honestly think you can farm that much gil along with farming up some alexs on the way, then by all means, make a mythic. There is a reason, however, you see people with 4+ relics and 0 mythics.

Even for the "Elite" of this game, mythics are even out of the question. So much of a time sink on top of a gil sink. On top of that, would take forever to find 30,000 Alexs in bazaars even if u had all the gil already.

Like i said, if you really want a mythic, go for it. But that is likely the only thing you will be doing when you log into the game. With the new expansion around the corner, i woudl wait to see what it brings before you decide to dive into making a mythic. Mythics arnt for the casual player. They are for a select few.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2012-10-27 02:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If all you need is alexandrites; you can pretty much solo anywhere between 100 and 200 a day between salavage (~70avg) and Dynamis (I typically rake in 1.3mil solo) which would mean a less-than-300-day finish if you're doing ONLY those two events.

Obviously other things like assault clears, etc will bite into that time.
By Voren 2012-10-27 03:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Lisamarie said: »
If all you need is alexandrites; you can pretty much solo anywhere between 100 and 200 a day between salavage (~70avg) and Dynamis (I typically rake in 1.3mil solo) which would mean a less-than-300-day finish if you're doing ONLY those two events.

Obviously other things like assault clears, etc will bite into that time.

Time isn't a big issue really, I fully understand that it'll take, with half assed mathing, 127-423 days, drops and prices dependant, to farm the items and not including the side runs to get a Mythic. I play plenty (5+hrs a day and more than double on days off).

I got some decent farming places and a solid LS that's team oriented and willing to help, but I don't want to sink not only my time and effort, but also my friend's into this unless it actually has a good function when soloing.

Stick with Twashtar/WoE and Magian or is Terpsichore worth it?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-27 04:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty much up to you. Terpsichore is the best mainhand for Dancer in a lot of situations, I think.

The main thing I'd point out here is that we're all getting the same buffs and I'm in the same party as the DRK, but I WS 50% more often than him (and the OAT DRG). This was with Terpsichore/Twashtar. At the same time, though, I can say with complete confidence that I'd have crushed everyone if I was on WAR. So it doesn't make DNC a high-end heavy DD (the DRK had 95 or 99 Ragna I think, but he swapped to scythe, etc.), but it does substantially improve your performance over what you might expect otherwise.

I also think there is considerable room for improvement for Terpsichore DNCs. The above parse was before I got Khepri Bonnet, which is a little better than what I was using. I still need Khepri Kecks, Myrmex Mittens, and Tessera's Saio. If you do 50% more WSs than the next closest DD, adding 50 damage to your WS becomes very important. Until recently (Khepri Set, Toci's, Tessera's, Myrmex) DNC didn't really get much in the way of STR and DEX on pieces. I hope in the future we will see more and more of this, which will improve Terpsi more.

For more random evidence, I pulled in over 300 coins my first run on DNC/THF + WHM/BLM after getting Terpsichore, which was my first run doing Dynamis on DNC in ages (but I'd been doing XP trials on WAR). I was doing an XP trial in Qufim (I think feet?) and had them locked the whole time, too, but I did get the DC Bat camps to myself the whole time. Before Terpsi I averaged around 230 under similar conditions.
[+]
By Voren 2012-10-27 05:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
It's pretty much up to you. Terpsichore is the best mainhand for Dancer in a lot of situations, I think.

The main thing I'd point out here is that we're all getting the same buffs and I'm in the same party as the DRK, but I WS 50% more often than him (and the OAT DRG). This was with Terpsichore/Twashtar. At the same time, though, I can say with complete confidence that I'd have crushed everyone if I was on WAR. So it doesn't make DNC a high-end heavy DD (the DRK had 95 or 99 Ragna I think, but he swapped to scythe, etc.), but it does substantially improve your performance over what you might expect otherwise.

I also think there is considerable room for improvement for Terpsichore DNCs. The above parse was before I got Khepri Bonnet, which is a little better than what I was using. I still need Khepri Kecks, Myrmex Mittens, and Tessera's Saio. If you do 50% more WSs than the next closest DD, adding 50 damage to your WS becomes very important. Until recently (Khepri Set, Toci's, Tessera's, Myrmex) DNC didn't really get much in the way of STR and DEX on pieces. I hope in the future we will see more and more of this, which will improve Terpsi more.

For more random evidence, I pulled in over 300 coins my first run on DNC/THF + WHM/BLM after getting Terpsichore, which was my first run doing Dynamis on DNC in ages (but I'd been doing XP trials on WAR). I was doing an XP trial in Qufim (I think feet?) and had them locked the whole time, too, but I did get the DC Bat camps to myself the whole time. Before Terpsi I averaged around 230 under similar conditions.

Thank you! This is what I was looking for. I never expected OMGWTFBBQ Awsomesauce one-shotting NMs in Abyssea, which is a nice fantasy. I use DNC for survivability and fun. Looks like I'll be planning some Salvage runs over the next year.

Thanks again Byrth!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-27 06:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious,

Which NM is this parse? All I see is an ally of DDs with ridiculous accuracy XDDDDDD (56% or even...8%?)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-27 06:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, sorry. That was against Morta. I think everyone had 4 songs.

As another note, against high level content like Morta DNC really suffers (like all 1H jobs) because of level correction and our lower Ratio caps. Morta also has a crit rate penalty (hence the 1-7% crit rates), though that doesn't really excuse the WAR. Also, the 8% Hit Rate is a COR that wasn't fully skilled at the time. I'm guessing he just stuck to shots.

Please don't make too much of the damage numbers or point to this as evidence that DNC is a DD. Jobs vary a lot by player.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-27 06:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Please don't make too much of the damage numbers or point to this as evidence that DNC is a DD. Jobs vary a lot by player.

Lol VW parse disclaimer XDDD

I'd say the entire ally of DDs are all way below standard as a DD(especially that SAM and COR x2, I'd make them onto warning list if I see acc like that ;P). DRK is probably the only one that's acceptable IMO.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-10-27 07:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK lost ~44k to procing vs your ~5k without even mentioning TP lost to weapon changes. Consider that too.

That whole parse makes me dry-heave though. I'd want to check buffs used and whatnot "DO YOU EVEN AGGRESSOR!?"
 Bismarck.Voren
Server: Bismarck
user: Voren
By Bismarck.Voren 2012-10-27 07:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
DRK lost ~44k to procing vs your ~5k without even mentioning TP lost to weapon changes. Consider that too.

That whole parse makes me dry-heave though. I'd want to check buffs used and whatnot "DO YOU EVEN AGGRESSOR!?"

Probably /SAM
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-10-27 07:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Was talking about the WAR. No subjob excuse there.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-27 07:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi has 99 Ukon WARs that parse <60% Hit Rate against Ig-Alima. Shoulda been a Bravura, etc. That's what I meant by "don't pay attention to the damage" and "jobs vary by player."

Really, though, I was just trying to show the TP gain of a DNC with Terpsi.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-10-27 09:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If the OP really cared about damage you wouldn't be making a Terpsischore, so arguing/parsing against shitty DD's is irrelevant.

And no offense to you but looking at your profile I don't see you making a mythic any time soon
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-27 10:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, especially because the OP deactivated a year and a half ago.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-10-27 10:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Voren said: »
Sorry for the necro bump, anyone with a Trepsichore (99) out there that would give a pro/con on it?

I've been going back and forth on either getting a full Twashtar of WoE version, and since DNC is my main soloer, and fun, was considering a Trep.

I was referring to this post, last scanned 3 hours ago. So yeah
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-10-27 11:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

you could look at anyones profile and know they wont have a mythic anytime soon, lol
By Quiznor 2012-10-27 11:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
you could look at anyones profile and know they wont have a mythic anytime soon, lol

Look at mine. If i reactivated i could have mine finished in under a month
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-10-27 11:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

we're assuming you're just starting out, like the (new) OP
By Quiznor 2012-10-27 12:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Touché! But I'm just saying profile alone doesnt dictate it
By Avitori 2012-10-27 12:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Touché! But I'm just saying profile alone doesnt dictate it

The guy barely has an empy (almace 80) and NQ creed helmet. I think it's safe to say this is out of his reach
First Page 2