Terpsichore Still Worth It?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Terpsichore still worth it?
Terpsichore still worth it?
By Quiznor 2012-10-27 12:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I see.what you're saying in a way i suppose.

something something pining for 75 cap days something something

itch to finish burtgang flaring up again D:
 Bismarck.Yamisam
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Yamisam
By Bismarck.Yamisam 2012-10-27 13:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren has 85 Almace. I'd know. I was one of the people who worked with him to build it.
[+]
By nesteron 2012-10-27 14:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're on PC and using the Guildwork plugin the only thing ah.com will show is base (80) lvl for empys and base (75) for relics, so that arguement is invalid.
[+]
 Bismarck.Yamisam
By Bismarck.Yamisam 2012-10-27 14:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering Voren plays on XBox 360...We know that can't happen. lol
 Bismarck.Voren
user: Voren
By Bismarck.Voren 2012-10-27 21:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

My PLD has +1 head hands, and legs, +2 body and feet, 85 Almace, and that's about it.
If gear = ability to make a relic/mythic/empy, then:

99 THFcapped eva and dagger, capped ninjitsu for sub.
Merits in dagger and eva for 433 and 432 respectively.
Also of note I have full +2 on THF along with +2 relic hands and feet, an eva, dd, and th set all still works in progress.

My DNC lacks +2 body and head is all, and those are +1. Working on a STR dagger, have twilight and aluh until then, also have the empy dagger to the 2nd VNM stage.

Yes I lack a craft, been busy helping LS mates and testing other gear, but trying to rectify that.

I understand the cost, both time and money, of building a mythic or relic hence why I reopened this since no one asked this question since prior to 99 cap and being able to upgrade such weapons via trials.

Sam have I forgotten anything? Lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-10-27 22:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you undertake this task without being properly prepared for how grueling it is, you'll quit FF over it. Be wary of that.
 Bismarck.Yamisam
By Bismarck.Yamisam 2012-10-27 22:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah,Voren. I think that covers everything. lol You should also note that you've also been working on optimizing your BLU gear...
By Voren 2012-10-27 22:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, BLU is fun to play around with, not a passion like some, deffinately not like you, Nesteron, or Napir.

If I do this it won't be any time real soon, but it never hurts to ask opinions on such items before starting, weigh the pros and cons, and look at info from actual owners.
[+]
By DuzellLevi 2012-10-27 23:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say wait for now but gather the alex, SE said they would likely be adding mytics for the 2 new jobs. Would hate to see you kicking yourself because the new mythics are awesome after the fact.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-10-28 01:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you really want a mythic, a really basic test of your resolve and for anyone to take you seriously:

• Finish the ToAU missions

• Get your runic key and clear old nyzul

• Unlock a few mythic ws from some of the nyzul weapons you collect doing old nyzul

• Kill the 3 ToAU kings now instead of putting it off till you are almost done

• Rank up at least once or twice in assault and be willing to lead runs+find people for this repeatedly

• Collect several thousand alexandrite and then continue to resist the temptation for months on end to cash them out.

If you can do these and not cash out your alex when you reach the magical tipping point of 'If i sold all my saved alexandrite I could get a relic instead' (when you cross about 100Mil gil in valuation) then you might have a chance at finishing someday.

'Which mythic' is the wrong question to fuss over - you either want 'a mythic' and are willing to commit on that level or you wont. Figuring out how you can meet all the requirements besides the alexandrite (ichor/tokens) and how long its going to realistically take you is what you need to math out.
You have to chip away at all the requirements constantly, dont fall into the trap of thinking you just need gil and getting alexandrite and the rest is downhill. The limited tag system and Einherjar entry waiting period punishes those who dont consistently work on mythic progress over a long period of time.

Also DuzellLevi gives good advice, anyone close to finishing a mythic in the next 6-12 months should probably wait for seekers and play the new jobs. You might think one of the new jobs and their corresponding mythic is the best thing ever even tho you loved one of the current jobs+mythics.
[+]
By Voren 2012-10-28 01:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've cleared all 100 floors in Old Nyzul and have mythic ws for DNC, THF, WAR, DRK, SAM, and working on BLU for shits and grins.

Those are both good tips, I didn't realize SE was making Mythics for RNF and GEO, but then again, I also wasn't really looking at "best mythic" was looking for "is Terpsichore decent for DNC soloing" since that's all I do with it.

I've got great LS members, we all work together and have planned many runs for several people. We have 7 dedicated people, all diverse in jobs, and no one has been greedy, and I don't expect anyone will be considering we look at the better overall good rather than here and now, so Salvage runs are no problem, but I will be saving those Alexandrites as you suggested.

Looks Like I need to start doing ToAU again, wanted get Alex and Odin for my wife's SMN anyways.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-28 07:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest roadblock is Ampuoles. How much Einherjar have you done?

If the answer is "not much" you'll want to start farming it asap.
[+]
 Bismarck.Voren
user: Voren
By Bismarck.Voren 2012-10-28 09:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not much in an overstatement, none would be more accurate. Yeah I've got a long road ahead.

I got a lot to do and some good info and an idea of where to start, just need to get off my dead *** and start the ball rolling.
 Bismarck.Yamisam
By Bismarck.Yamisam 2012-10-28 12:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nesteron and I have been trying to get the ball rolling to do Einherjar and Salvage for ages. And we will asap. Once things get sorted out. You know the situation atm,Voren. And you must have had me in mind when you selected that avatar lol... (Somehow I could see Carlin busting the WBC's balls. And it makes me happy!)
 Leviathan.Zaknafien
Server: Leviathan
user: Angrymog
By Leviathan.Zaknafien 2012-10-28 12:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Start camping Gulool Ja Ja now if you don't have that kill. the other kings tend to pop at a decent time but that one took me over a week of camping to finally see pop. Depending on your server there may even be competition for it. Einherjar points will also slow you down. I started at zero and have been buying tier 2 Odin pops and still finished all other requirements while still needing like 20k ampoules. Still got about 4 more odins to do and hopefully this hurricane doesn't kick me off for a bit.
 Bismarck.Yamisam
By Bismarck.Yamisam 2012-10-28 12:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I know your pain there,Zaknafien. That hurricane has me and my family worried as well. I hope you and yours are safe during this disasterous time.