NIN vs Athamas solo
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-15 05:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I just solo'd him as nin/dnc. Took about 40 minutes, and was actually easier than expected.

Kept yonin up at all times, and always keep slow, para & blind on him. Yurin and Myoshu was also very helpful. Used movement speed atma, so I could run away from him after everytime he used draw in and spider web, put some distance between us so I could remove slow/silence/addle and put shadows back up.

Ofcourse he went yellow a few times while doing that, so he could have been stolen had there been any jerks around. I fought him up by the penguins btw.

Other than that it was a pretty straigh forward fight, just melee and store tp for waltzes and samba. Used Blade: Yu a few times though to put DoT on him. Was only one time I was a bit scared when he double attacked and used sickle slash right after, brought my HP down to 50 something, was praying to not get hit while running out of range to put shadows up and spam curing waltz II lol.

This is the gear I used

Kuina got EVA +5 AGI +2

My total EVA was 349 (skill) + 59 EVA from gear.

Good luck to other ninja's that wanna try :D
[+]
 Phoenix.Miraun
Server: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-10-15 06:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you find his accuracy low enough to validate using the full EVA build?
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-15 06:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, he missed me a lot. And I noticed a big difference between eva setup + yonin & kurayami, and just regular tp gear with yonin and kurayami.

Ofcourse you'll put haste gear on when casting utsu Ni.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-15 09:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple things to add, if your worryed about people stealing it can bring echos as the added effect from addle wasnt too noticable (to me at least) so silence is the only thing to really worry about.

His draw in/web/ga spell is used as a tp move from everything ive seen so it's possible to keep a general idea of when it might be comming and easy to tell when its the last 25% once you have the rythim.

Food speeds up the fight alot, depending on your gear set if you need a bit more acc i suggest pizza, if not somekind of att/str boost food is best (ive been useing coeurl subs but mithkabobs might be good if your on a budget)

Lastly stock up on temp itemps, mainly healing ones. Lucid potion 2 will cure 1k and ive yet to see #3 cap out on healing and though best avoided edventually shits gunna hit the fan and your gunna eat a sickle slash. Ive been noticing them anywhere between 700-1500 so if you keep hp toped off you should survive and pop 1 of the potions to recover (before utsusemi is safest if you hit red hp). Regain and champions drink are also very nice to work into the fight.
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-15 09:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nicely done. I didn't realize /dnc healed off all of his nasty debuffs.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-15 10:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This is clearly shopped as he dropped Raider legs ; ;

Grats though, nice job >:3
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-15 10:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:
Couple things to add, if your worryed about people stealing it can bring echos as the added effect from addle wasnt too noticable (to me at least) so silence is the only thing to really worry about.

His draw in/web/ga spell is used as a tp move from everything ive seen so it's possible to keep a general idea of when it might be comming and easy to tell when its the last 25% once you have the rythim.

Food speeds up the fight alot, depending on your gear set if you need a bit more acc i suggest pizza, if not somekind of att/str boost food is best (ive been useing coeurl subs but mithkabobs might be good if your on a budget)

Lastly stock up on temp itemps, mainly healing ones. Lucid potion 2 will cure 1k and ive yet to see #3 cap out on healing and though best avoided edventually shits gunna hit the fan and your gunna eat a sickle slash. Ive been noticing them anywhere between 700-1500 so if you keep hp toped off you should survive and pop 1 of the potions to recover (before utsusemi is safest if you hit red hp). Regain and champions drink are also very nice to work into the fight.

I used echo drops for silence. The main reason I used the "run out of range" strat right after draw in was because the risk of him casting graviga/addle/silencega which would strip me of shadows. And I wanted to get rid of slow before I put my shadows up again. I used sole sushi to counter acc loss from yonin.

I didn't use any temp items at all actually (aside from echo's). I'm sure there's better way's to solo this guy. But I didnt intend to solo him when I went there, it just happen to be up when I was gonna do quest for thf seals. I've been killing him before both as duo and with a whole party, even been kiting him as weak a few times when things got bad. So I figured I would atleast try and solo him.

Healing waltz removes both slow and addle, so there's really no point in not removing addle. 30% slower casting time on ichi can be really bad. So I found it best to play it safe and run out of range and remove both before putting shadows back up again.

But yea, there's always a possibility that someone will steal it when it turns yellow. There was a couple of ppl watching me when it was down to 5%, I took a few hits and ran out of range and was almost certain they were gonna get it as it turned yellow.
 Cerberus.Nequito
Server: Cerberus
user: Fayt1215
By Cerberus.Nequito 2010-10-15 18:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess i go do this just because now . Good job Zanno.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-15 18:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

40mn ? its like 3-4 stack of shihei no ?
and how much stack of echoes ?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-15 19:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:

I usually dont count my shiheis lol. But take full nin tool expertise merits along with the enhanced nin tool expertise from yonin in to consideration, I doubt I used even a stack of shihei. And no more than 4 echo's (singles not stacks).

Not really sure what that has to do with anything though?
[+]
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-10-15 19:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I need several seals from this NM and didnt even think of trying to solo it for some reason. Killed it lowman a couple of times saw a mnk rdm and brd trio it, and even a blu and rdm kill it fast with no problems.

On my NIN/DNC I have eva skill 349, eva+52 and +34 agi with 17% haste
 Lakshmi.Pandabeary
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amara
By Lakshmi.Pandabeary 2010-10-15 19:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:

I usually dont count my shiheis lol. But take full nin tool expertise merits along with the enhanced nin tool expertise from yonin in to consideration, I doubt I used even a stack of shihei. And no more than 4 echo's (singles not stacks).

I'm not a ninja... but if you're going to use nin/dnc to solo NMs doesn't that mean you've thought ahead of time the amount of ninja tools you're going to use?
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-15 19:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Pandabeary said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:

I'm not a ninja... but if you're going to use nin/dnc to solo NMs doesn't that mean you've thought ahead of time the amount of ninja tools you're going to use?

Not really. No matter what job I'm on I always leave my nin tools in my inventory, just so I wont forget them. And when it comes to shihei especially, I never have less than 6 tool bags of them on me.

I condsider nin to be my main, so it makes sense to me to always have tools on me, just as a RNG wouldn't count how many arrows he/she might use in a given situation (I really hope they dont atleast)

@Striker I didnt take the AGI or eva bonus from /dnc in to the calculation for my eva. That would probably add a big chunk though.
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-10-15 20:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did this myself, got 2 Tantra seal: legs yay used 25 shihei, 1 echo drops, and took 20 mins. Would have been less if I hadn't tried to trigger blue !!

Kept paralyze up fulltime, it only got 5 spells off on me the whole fight.

Sekka +1 are both 18 eva 8 agi

Most things including NM's within abyssea have about a 90% or higher miss rate on me, with the exception of chigoes and gnats.

Been trying to trigger blue !! on this NM every time with evisceration/Blade: Ku since those are the 2 I've seen reports of making it, also been trying Blade: Ten, Jin, Kamu, and shadowstitch.
After reading up it seems triggering the green/yellow !! is what increases seal drops, so now I've been cycling through spells to try and trigger it.
Triggered by Huton: Ni on Iceday popped on Iceday
Dorps so far:
1: 2x Tantra legs
2: Raider's legs
3: Raider's legs
4: Raider's legs, Charis Legs
5: Charis leg x2
6: Iga legs
7: Raider's legs
8: Raider's legs, Tantra legs
9: Tantra legs
10: Charis legs
11: Charis legs, Iga legs
12: Raider's legs, Iga legs
13: Charis legs x2
14: Charis legs
15: Charis legs
16: Charis legs
17: Charis legs, Iga legs, Raider's legs, Tantra legs gr/ylw !! triggered by Huton: Ni on Iceday, popped on Iceday
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-15 20:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you considered NIN/WHM for this instead, since you have the Movement Atma?
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-16 05:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

@ striker

Nice job. Only time we've triggered !! on athamas it's been with flash/banish (I wonder if it got anything to do with what day it is)

@ Aeronis

I have given it some thought to try /whm. But the eva bonus from /DNC is nice, plus casting time of erase is so much longer than waltz. Ofcourse haste would be nice.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-10-16 15:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Snap, I need to cap my evasion and get in on this. 2/8 Iga ; ;
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-16 15:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said:
Dorps so far: 1: 2x Tantra legs 2: Raider's legs 3: Raider's legs 4: Raider's legs, Charis Legs 5: Charis leg x2

Was there a DNC with you? D:
 Phoenix.Yajarumijiju
user: Jahaudant
By Phoenix.Yajarumijiju 2010-10-16 15:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said:

Most things including NM's within abyssea have about a 90% or higher miss rate on me, with the exception of chigoes and gnats.

The accuracy floor is applied to mobs as well. 90% miss rate is impossible.
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-10-16 16:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

accuracy floor is 5% no?
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-16 16:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said:
I need several seals from this NM and didnt even think of trying to solo it for some reason. Killed it lowman a couple of times saw a mnk rdm and brd trio it, and even a blu and rdm kill it fast with no problems.

On my NIN/DNC I have eva skill 349, eva+52 and +34 agi with 17% haste
If you got the stones to kill than this works fine really.

But ultimately, a trio or duo is a lot faster. Can down him in no time and be on your merry way. Provided there is no competition for the seals you want of course.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-16 16:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said:
accuracy floor is 5% no?

You have less eva than I have, but you are evading more? Are you sure you're not exaggerating just a tad bit?

Carbuncle.Shokox said:

Sup Sho? :D
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-10-16 16:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost fulltime blade: Kamu on it for the acc down effect
changed gearset to melee in more eva and cast in haste, now have 77 eva 17 skill and 41 agi
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-16 17:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of eva, anyone know if Master Caster's mitts works in abyssea (I know nin cant use, but thinking about eva set for my thf)
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-16 17:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

99% sure those items do not work in Abyssea.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-16 17:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said:
accuracy floor is 5% no?

20%.

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-16 17:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Speaking of eve, anyone know if Master Caster's mitts works in abyssea (I know nin cant use, but thinking about eva set for my thf)
They don't.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-10-17 03:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Bahamut.Striker said:
accuracy floor is 5% no?

You have less eva than I have, but you are evading more? Are you sure you're not exaggerating just a tad bit?

Carbuncle.Shokox said:

Sup Sho? :D

Sup sup bro :D had to check out one of your threads. Very impressed, haha.
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-10-18 01:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Been trying to trigger blue !! on this NM every time with evisceration/Blade: Ku since those are the 2 I've seen reports of making it, also been trying Blade: Ten, Jin, Kamu, and shadowstitch.
After reading up it seems triggering the green/yellow !! is what increases seal drops, so now I've been cycling through spells to try and trigger it.
Triggered by Huton: Ni on Iceday popped on Iceday
Dorps so far:
1: 2x Tantra legs
2: Raider's legs
3: Raider's legs
4: Raider's legs, Charis Legs
5: Charis leg x2
6: Iga legs
7: Raider's legs
8: Raider's legs, Tantra legs
9: Tantra legs
10: Charis legs
11: Charis legs, Iga legs
12: Raider's legs, Iga legs
13: Charis legs x2
14: Charis legs
15: Charis legs
16: Charis legs
17: Charis legs, Iga legs, Raider's legs, Tantra legs gr/ylw !! triggered by Huton: Ni on Iceday, popped on Iceday
18: Iga legs
19: Charis legs
20: Tantra legs, Raider's legs
21: Tantra legs (Finished MNK)
22: Iga legs
23: Iga legs, Tantra legs, Diabolos rope (Finished NIN)
Updating dorp list some fights were duo/trio giving away raider's legs in exchange for a faster kill, had 1 iga legs, and 1 tantra to start from ls event.
Totals: 6/8 Tantra legs, 5/8 Iga legs, 5/8 Raider's legs dropped dnc legs unfortunately because none of the dnc I know were on at the times
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-18 02:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimme your Raider's :(
First Page 2 3 4 5 6