NIN vs Athamas solo
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-10-25 18:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Guku looks alot easier than Athamas, watched a dnc solo him, get a lizard link at 50%, and at 10% get another peiste. He was cycling ws's and got the lizzy. Don't quite remember how he got the peiste.
Me i was sitting there rdy to claim that sucker when he wiped. He didn't... ; ;
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-29 17:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Every seal he drops, except for Iga.

Bazaarable seals, can I have it?
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-29 18:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

amen to that. Im 4/8 on iga leg seals currently.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-29 18:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
I saw a nin today during our run with +2 head, hands and feet together with lv 85 Kikoku I hate him so much.

Theres a ninja on my server with all that and Kannagi fully complete. Also iga back and neck.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-10-29 20:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to add that Minax Bugard is also soloable with NIN/DNC and the set ups most of you posted. However, he's much better killed with a standard DD PT set up, looking for yellow triggers. Drops NIN and COR seals like candy from what I've seen, 7/8 seals here. >.<

P.S. Capped my evasion Zanno!!

P.S.S. Kitiko finished her Kannangi like right after you left server Zanno, lol. She also has +2 legs and feet and +1 head. So much jealousy to be had, lol.

Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-30 02:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
I'd like to add that Minax Bugard is also soloable with NIN/DNC and the set ups most of you posted. However, he's much better killed with a standard DD PT set up, looking for yellow triggers. Drops NIN and COR seals like candy from what I've seen, 7/8 seals here. >.<

P.S. Capped my evasion Zanno!!

P.S.S. Kitiko finished her Kannangi like right after you left server Zanno, lol. She also has +2 legs and feet and +1 head. So much jealousy to be had, lol.

Nice! Tell her I said grats lol

Guess im gonna go try the bugard, I got full drop from athamas just an hour ago, for once lol.

I've been soloing Avalerion as well, for BRD seals (7/8 atm), pretty easy to solo as nin/dnc, takes time though because of his EVA ><
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-30 03:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun fight, no iga seal though. Got some kind of !! on him, but was too busy to see what triggered it. Well atleast I got the key item lol
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-10-30 05:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

how long did bugard take?
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-30 05:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

About 20 min or so, might have been able to do it faster if I didnt throw every spell and ws I had on him trying to trigger !!

Edit: I've solo'd him 4 times now, only been able to trigger !! once, the first time, and I have no idea what i did to trigger it then. Haven't got a single seal from him ><
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-30 07:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably the red trigger as it ups the key item drops as well as atma.
 Alexander.Haptic
Server: Alexander
user: Haptic
By Alexander.Haptic 2010-10-30 13:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What are your guys ninjutsu skill at?
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-31 09:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Haptic said:
What are your guys ninjutsu skill at?

Mine is at 322 atm.

And finally...

Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-31 09:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

[Congratulations!] hopefully you are not a race/gender combo in which the annimation of them is a pair of cotchless tights like mine are lol.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-01 13:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I got mine last night. Athamas 2x for a single iga seal a piece to finish me off at 8/8 seals. I was lucky to have 2 kills on athamas that were double iga onry. But after eveyr other double iga I went 3 or 4 kills where she didn't drop a single iga but decided to double raider and spam tantra and charis seals.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-11-08 08:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleh, now only if there were easy Iga Head seals to solo outside of the quest. Blazing Eruca might be our best bet for them, unfortunately. :(

Also Pascerpot (for Iga Feet seals) could be solo'd, if not for Paralyga/Slowga/Banishga3 combo it spams. Easy duo-trio however with a mage that can Stun Banishga3 at least.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2010-11-08 08:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're masochistic enough you could do the quest for the NIN feet. It doesn't shave off abyssea time by much (maybe 2 minutes each run). It's how I got the majority of my seals, anyway.

Of course following the rule I also got about 15 DRG seals and 9 of BLM and COR before I got 7 NIN seals.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-08 09:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Bleh, now only if there were easy Iga Head seals to solo outside of the quest. Blazing Eruca might be our best bet for them, unfortunately. :(

Also Pascerpot (for Iga Feet seals) could be solo'd, if not for Paralyga/Slowga/Banishga3 combo it spams. Easy duo-trio however with a mage that can Stun Banishga3 at least.

I've been soloing (RDM/NIN), and occasionally duoing blazing eruca. 2 nin seals out of 10+ kills..

Only problem I've had soloing him is to trigger the !!, and only time iga seals have dropped have been when I've been able to trigger !! XD
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-08 10:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Carbuncle.Shokox said:

I've been soloing (RDM/NIN), and occasionally duoing blazing eruca. 2 nin seals out of 10+ kills..

Only problem I've had soloing him is to trigger the !!, and only time iga seals have dropped have been when I've been able to trigger !! XD

Idk how many times I've soloed/duoed the eruca, and droprate on nin seals is pretty horrible >_<
In a total of atleast 30 kills I think I've seen like max 10 nin drops =/
 Odin.Rues
Server: Odin
user: Rues
By Odin.Rues 2010-11-08 10:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said:

I've been duoing Berstuk and Pascerpot as a RDM/WHM or WHM/SCH and a THF/NIN duo. Same story with Iga seals though, going on about 10 Berstuk kills with only 1 Iga so far. None from Pascerpot, even with grellow !!.
By Tajot 2010-11-08 10:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed Berstuk a good 50+ times sch blm duo for my head +1. Only about 10 had grellow !! because it's hard as ***. I myself have came to the conclusion that you cannot proc !! if he has an aura up (could be wrong, but after that many kills it seems every time we proc'd it did not have aura). In those 50 kills, I'd say 20-30 of them dropped nothing at all. We got 15 mnk 12 dnc and 10 thf in the time 8 nin dropped.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-10 14:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

3 seals in 2 kills!
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-10 14:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Im still 0/45 on blazing eruca. Many blm and drks finished their hats thanks to me.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-10 14:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

6/8 now, going again! :D
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-10 14:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think im on the wrong server, I should move to you Zanno XD
 Caitsith.Judaine
Server: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-11-10 15:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

this makes me want to level nin just to solo on it ._.

but nowadays I can't even get a regular party (not that Ninja ever got parties)... but still =\ my nin is at and probably will be forever at 43
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-10 15:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

with that sort of attitude you shouldn't lvl ninja lol. I always got a party. But then again I'm one of the better ones.
 Asura.Shinagami
user: Shinagami
By Asura.Shinagami 2010-11-10 16:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
with that sort of attitude you shouldn't lvl ninja lol. I always got a party. But then again I'm one of the better ones.
Same >.>
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-10 16:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja has kind of become a bandwagon job since Abyssea. No one has to level it up normally so they just get it to 85 and put on full Aurore and think they are hot ***. I remember back in the day when if you didn't have your byakko's haidate or at least Relic ninja pants you were gimp and were useless. Now all these ninjas just rock full aurore then upgrade iga hakamas and think they are leet sauce. None of them know how to even magic burst with their ninjutsu and none of them understand what /drk tanking is. Its sad. Ninja has become the new sam.
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
Server: Sylph
user: Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-11-10 16:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Ninja has kind of become a bandwagon job since Abyssea. No one has to level it up normally so they just get it to 85 and put on full Aurore and think they are hot ***. I remember back in the day when if you didn't have your byakko's haidate or at least Relic ninja pants you were gimp and were useless. Now all these ninjas just rock full aurore then upgrade iga hakamas and think they are leet sauce. None of them know how to even magic burst with their ninjutsu and none of them understand what /drk tanking is. Its sad. Ninja has become the new sam.

I know what you mean. Ninja was my first Level 75 Job. But due to me wanting Sky Gear i had to level Ranger so i could get into a shell for sky. Loving my Ninja in abyssea with RR + GH atma though. Especially if you have a Brd who buffs ya. 100 katanas GO!!!
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-11-10 16:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:

Meh, I only leveled ninja because I wanted to attack fast. When I was trying to decide what job I wanted to level it was either ninja or thief.

I do agree with it sucking to see all the new full pink ninjas running around /throw_up.