Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-18 06:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Eneas said:
We are at the moment exping at Miseraux Killing frigate birds, exp sometimes goes up to 610 (higer cap).
They link.
Dropped 2 BST feet in 4+ hours.
/poke

Need a haster/light curer/chest ***? :P

lol you are not on
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-18 06:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Eneas said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Eneas said:
We are at the moment exping at Miseraux Killing frigate birds, exp sometimes goes up to 610 (higer cap).
They link.
/poke

lol you are not on
I can be online and in zone in about 15 minutes if you want me, otherwise yeah I'm offline for a bit.
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-18 06:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Eneas said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Eneas said:
They link.
/poke

lol you are not on
I can be online and in zone in about 15 minutes if you want me, otherwise yeah I'm offline for a bit.

spot open for BLM and DD atm if you want
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-18 07:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Eneas said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Eneas said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Eneas said:
They link.
/poke

lol you are not on

spot open for BLM and DD atm if you want
Coming DD.
 Leviathan.Inem
Server: Leviathan
user: Inem
By Leviathan.Inem 2010-09-18 08:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Atrociraptor in Misareaux Coast is pretty good, it's by Conflux #7 and a Martello on the map. Did a JP party there the other night for 4-5 hours, got about 5 AF drops (4 of them being rng feet >.< ughh). Was overflowing with gold chests so I suggest you make up rules for all the key items/augments in them beforehand.

Only annoying thing is an AOE stun move it does, but from what I can recall doesn't do them too often. Good luck to those who try it out! :)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-18 09:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a note:

If OP is looking odd from time to time, it's because I'm trying to figure out tables in order to try and make it look a bit cleaner.

Edit: NVM... its damn impossible to make tables on here, and make them actually look like tables.
 Leviathan.Torvin
Server: Leviathan
user: mordth
By Leviathan.Torvin 2010-09-18 14:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw a bunch of people camping the devegitators (little crawlers) and the pea puks in the inlet last night. Seems they were focusing on big gold chests but the pt's were there for at least a couple hours. Might be good camps. Haven't been there myself yet but I plan on it shortly. Also saw some people camping the manta's but I duo'd one of those and their tp moves were nasty as tough's.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-18 15:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Have done the Frigate Birds in Misareaux Coast
link by sight

hit flux 4, first mobs to the north, supported 2 ally's when we went
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-19 05:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw i got yesterday Bard feet.
I looked up in the quests, to get seals for upgrade (pld blu mnk also) i need a drop from a spider in Abyssea Vunker.

I was wondering if exping on those Spiders is feasable and in turn go and make the quest.
By Azyattic 2010-09-19 06:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

our group tried Terminus Efts in Attohwa, and it has really high evasion which made it hard to hit for melee, even worse was geist wall taking away any potential buffs dd might of had. they did link, but not to whiro i believe, and efts were easy to sleep. mages did okay on them. was able to produce all lights but was stingy on TE.

also tried Treants just east of the terminus efts and these were a lot easier to manage with leafstorm being relatively weak (100-300 aoe damage). only problem was that it did not give azure light.
 Fenrir.Dinkydoo
user: Dinkydoo
By Fenrir.Dinkydoo 2010-09-19 09:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Formed a party yesterday in Abyssea-Vunkerl on River Murex right next to the entrance camp. they have a kinda annoying frontal cone attack with knockback but we had time extensions within the first 30 minutes and our exp was at 400 after an hour. they gave all but ruby lights and aggro to job abilities so at first it was hectic but once we plowed through a few they weren't rushing at our camp in the tunnel at <F-5> and easily slept links. honestly it was the best exp party i have put together in the abyssea areas.

on a side note. it does seem that there is a certain point to keep your amber light at in order to obtain Empyrean shoes. after a few amber lights from red boxes we got DRG shoes from a small box, then 5 minutes later DNC dropped from a HUGE box, and about 15 more BLU from another small box. we then started obtaining more amber light in hopes of a better chance of getting shoes in box and never saw them again ;~;. so either that was an incredibly lucky hour and the next 6 hours were just bad drops or capped Amber light means no shoes for you. :P
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-19 10:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dinkydoo said:
Formed a party yesterday in Abyssea-Vunkerl on River Murex right next to the entrance camp. they have a kinda annoying frontal cone attack with knockback but we had time extensions within the first 30 minutes and our exp was at 400 after an hour. they gave all but ruby lights and aggro to job abilities so at first it was hectic but once we plowed through a few they weren't rushing at our camp in the tunnel at <F-5> and easily slept links. honestly it was the best exp party i have put together in the abyssea areas.

on a side note. it does seem that there is a certain point to keep your amber light at in order to obtain Empyrean shoes. after a few amber lights from red boxes we got DRG shoes from a small box, then 5 minutes later DNC dropped from a HUGE box, and about 15 more BLU from another small box. we then started obtaining more in hopes of a better chance of getting shoes in box and never saw them again ;~;. so either that was an incredibly lucky hour and the next 6 hours were just bad drops or capped Amber light means no shoes for you. :P

I think you need to cap amber light got get more and better gold chests(elemental weaponskill kills). not totally sure of it.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-19 10:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I have heard. If you do too much amber, you'll end up getting more key items and augmented items than AF. Can't confirm it though, since I've only been in 1 AF farming pt. I think we did maybe 10-15 amber lights in that one.
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-19 12:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
From what I have heard. If you do too much amber, you'll end up getting more key items and augmented items than AF. Can't confirm it though, since I've only been in 1 AF farming pt. I think we did maybe 10-15 amber lights in that one.

yeah that i think is right.
I did once a party when we built a lot of amber lights, and a lot of augmented items and pop key items kept appearing.

This was in the old Abyssea zones tough, and havent tried biuld that many lights in the new zones.

But this can be useful when you try to upgrade for the +2 version of the AF3 (upgrade item apparently coming from pop NM in new zones).
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-19 12:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, we should devise a strategy to farm seals efficiently from the timed spawn NM with a group without losing som many stones and time.

I tought something along these lines.

Alliance goes in and start build lights.
Once time chests start to pop, can have a party of BLM to magic kills, and keep popping time, while other people swarm the NM in the zone.

Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-19 12:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want good exps, and your Def a Whm, Sch, or Rdm... Blm drops occasionaly...( for ppl who were like 80+ blms adn needed Af upgrades...and the gold chests dropped Ja spells for blms..) Go to *** Camp, Attowha Chasm, Walk around at first, but grab the confluxes, and pls don't forget to go into the corner where the martello for bastion is, its the old exit where you fall and you can't get back up) You talk to I think White Wolf, and he drops a ladder, there is a conflux up there too.

This is a real good camp. I capped blu there last night
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-26 00:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

We are Exping on River Murex in Vunker Inlets.
Very Squishy they appear to aggro Job abilities and have Aoe Thunder spells.
However they dont seem to yeld Gold light(exp increase) nor Silvery light (Cruor increase)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-26 00:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Fenrir.Eneas said:
We are Exping on River Murex in Vunker Inlets.
Very Squishy they appear to aggro Job abilities and have Aoe Thunder spells.
However they dont seem to yeld Gold light(exp increase) nor Silvery light (Cruor increase)
I've heard many people say this but its just not true.
I've despoiled and hide from all new races in abyssea, none of them aggrod and saw through hide > < will waste time with POIDH if needed

Hm, interesting. They aggro'd my Sublimation on my WHM :\ Like I didn't cast or do anything else just ran by Sublimation'd and it started casting on me
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-09-26 00:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Best place for me is definitely worms we had 2 dd parties killing worms away from us and 3rd party of blm killing there own worms. We rarely did the ga method just killed 1 worm at a time.
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-26 00:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masekase said:
Best place for me is definitely worms we had 2 dd parties killing worms away from us and 3rd party of blm killing there own worms. We rarely did the ga method just killed 1 worm at a time.

I never tried worms in abyssea, But every time someone mention them i always think on the lake camp in qufim and to a moving party lol.
 Asura.Masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-09-26 00:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh as for megamaw mikey everytime he popped. Blm party just fully healed and called for help and killed him.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-26 01:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Eneas said:
Asura.Masekase said:

I never tried worms in abyssea, But every time someone mention them i always think on the lake camp in qufim and to a moving party lol.

That's pretty much what it is
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-26 02:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got out a murex one. Didn't work so well partly cause 2 people Dc'd and 2 went afk and we only had 12 to begin with. So after about 2 hours and only getting like 3-4 TEs we quit

Btw they use wind or thunder spells pretty much the highest of each type that a blm could.

Idk if it's been mentioned but alot of times I'd notice big dmg spikes on them. Exactly 50% to be exact. Like random 3k AM2s lol.

I did some testing and it seems that if you can nuke them while they are casting you get it. Not completely sure but I think it might have to be opposite element

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-26 02:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Asura.Masekase said:
Oh as for megamaw mikey everytime he popped. Blm party just fully healed and called for help and killed him.
See I've just killed him normally after capping exp and kept going after getting scythe with 610/kill. Who started the rumor you need to CFH on same family NM's? -_-

Probably someone who didn't want to risk losing exp cap :O
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-26 02:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

IN case someone doesn't beleive the dmg spikes. Sorry couldn't get one with it showing it casting. But that was the first one so I had no idea what was going on

Asura.Masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-09-26 02:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Asura.Masekase said:
See I've just killed him normally after capping exp and kept going after getting scythe with 610/kill. Who started the rumor you need to CFH on same family NM's? -_-

I have not tried too kill it without cfh in parties. But as person above said, I would not of wanted to try because of the risk of losing exp capped.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2010-09-26 03:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Murex aggro JA/WS at night.
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2010-09-28 21:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Asura.Masekase said:
Probably someone who didn't want to risk losing exp cap :O

did cockatrices tonight then poped the cockatrice nm and it reset exp~