Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - The exp camps
Abyssea - The exp camps
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Illwill 2010-08-20 10:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

As for worms, they key to a good run here is not just having the DD's focus on one mob. The secret here is having a Blm team of 4 or 5. After certian lights are built up the Blm team actively seeks out worms in groups and ga III's them. I have seen a group of worms go as high as 11 in ga range. When those 11 were all ga III'd to death 5 of those chests were exp chests. 11 mobs @ 610 exp per mob and 5 chests @ 1250 each earned us all nearly 13k exp in a few minutes.

If the Blm team see's them in groups of 3+ ga them to death. exp was easily 100k/hr+
[+]
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-08-20 11:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Illwill said:
As for worms, they key to a good run here is not just having the DD's focus on one mob. The secret here is having a Blm team of 4 or 5. After certian lights are built up the Blm team actively seeks out worms in groups and ga III's them. I have seen a group of worms go as high as 11 in ga range. When those 11 were all ga III'd to death 5 of those chests were exp chests. 11 mobs @ 610 exp per mob and 5 chests @ 1250 each earned us all nearly 13k exp in a few minutes. If the Blm team see's them in groups of 3+ ga them to death. exp was easily 100k/hr+
this is actually a really awesome Idea . i would like to try this some time soon .

I was wondering if anyone has tried EXPing on Limules and/or Clionids . I know that the Gully-xxx in Tahrongi are very squishy , but thier randomness of aggression is annoying . I did some Duoing on the Clionids to pop Halideememewatever and they were goin down pretty easy with 2 SMN76 conning as VT . Just about every BP that killed them yielded Perl too which i would thnk is very nice . What got us in the end was them aggroing us from across the screen after we killed 5-10 . But i would think they would be a good EXP mob . sorry for the ramble i am just very curious >.>
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-08-20 12:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:

Caoineag - Corpselights family

Even more squishy than mandies, believe it or not. They are BLM mobs that casts -Ga III and AM (II?). Might be good to have a RDM silence pull these. Because they die incredible fast, its important that you have an alliance that actually listen when you start building lights. Once all the lights are capped, these brings in really good exp, having 2 pullers can be good if you have a solid group.

that camp is my most favorite camp. I usually pull them on my RDM along w other RDM. We hit 600/kill after 2.5 hrs when u r capped w azure/pearl. They drop chests often, you will get good red chests, too.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-20 13:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Illwill said:
exp was easily 100k/hr+

GTFO.... really? "EASILY" 100k/hr+? GTFO lol Can anybody else confirm this? I mean really it takes banging through mobs NON-STOP to consistently get 50k+/hr and even then its like 1 mob every 20s or so lol
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-08-20 13:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

Caoineag - Corpselights family

Even more squishy than mandies, believe it or not. They are BLM mobs that casts -Ga III and AM (II?). Might be good to have a RDM silence pull these. Because they die incredible fast, its important that you have an alliance that actually listen when you start building lights. Once all the lights are capped, these brings in really good exp, having 2 pullers can be good if you have a solid group.

that camp is my most favorite camp. I usually pull them on my RDM along w other RDM. We hit 600/kill after 2.5 hrs when u r capped w azure/pearl. They drop chests often, you will get good red chests, too.

Ewww... i didn't like these. Ice Spikes can para your whole melee set even if rdm is on top of dispel. 2-3 seconds or spikes and half you group is para. Ga spells weren't fun either. Maybe i had a bad group but i wouldn't vote for these ever.
By Illwill 2010-08-20 13:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Illwill said:
exp was easily 100k/hr+
GTFO.... really? "EASILY" 100k/hr+? GTFO lol Can anybody else confirm this? I mean really it takes banging through mobs NON-STOP to consistently get 50k+/hr and even then its like 1 mob every 20s or so lol

With this method you really have 2 groups. 2 parties of merit style parties and a party of 5 Blm's and a Cor. The 2 parties of DD's kill just as fast on worms as an alliance on most anything else I have done. Combine that with the seperate Blm group ga III'ing different groups of mobs they can find then running out of the worms casting range then repeating till dead and exp chests that drop from both groups.

As a bonus I find it preferable to have DD's and Blm's killing seperate mobs. When reps come in it is MUCH easier to biuld their azure lights with Blm's solely killing mobs. You still have to remind the DD's every few fights to avoid WS kills when building pearl lights though. Even with that removing multiple Blm's killing pretty low hp worms raises the odds of getting pearl lights quite a bit.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-20 14:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Illwill said:
exp was easily 100k/hr+

When did one mob every 20 seconds become exceptional? ***died that fast at bird camp.

We were doing around 75-80k in my last party and had several very gimp DDs in the group, another party I've done was definitely hitting 100k/hr but we didn't suck and had multiple people pulling to keep kills flowing. The manaburn strat Illwill posted could definitely boost EXP/hr against worms, so I don't see how it's unreasonable.

EDIT: One mob every 20 seconds for 50k/hr?

600*3*60=108000 exp/hr

Stop exping in *** Tahrongi.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-21 16:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Update: Bugard camp is probably dead... Turul aggros now.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-21 16:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I exp'd at Bugard camp last night and had no problems.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-21 16:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, seems like it literally just started happening today. Fun stuff.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-21 16:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

My 50k/hr party was on lizards....I'm not a huge fan of mandies or bats ( i actually *** hate bats lol)... And you can only maintain 20s bird kills if everybody had full buffs with hastes and pretty much always had TP lol but thats neither here nor there....

Ok I didn't realize Illwill's alliance was a "kill 3 mobs at once" style..I didn't know it was really possible to run it like that without *** up people's light builds (melee WS killing because they aren't paying attention or w/e)....

So a 3 kill system...that sounds fun..I might try to run my next party like that..so which mob is better for that? Lizards or Buggards or Worms?

Edit: my lizard party wasn't 20s per kill, i was simply trying to correlate that to bird camps, cuz you said it was possible with bird camps...which wouldn't yield 600xp/kill even if they died every 20s...just sayin
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-21 16:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I have a question for IllWill...if you had a 3 kill style and were pretty much always busy with mobs, who handled the chests? blms?
By Illwill 2010-08-23 09:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Also I have a question for IllWill...if you had a 3 kill style and were pretty much always busy with mobs, who handled the chests? blms?

I have never heard/used the term "3 kill style". We were not killing 3 mobs at the same time if thats what you mean. The DD's were on one mob, and the Blm team were actively seeking groups of at a minimum 3+ mobs(but usually had a group of at least 5. The leader of these groups and the guy I made the strategy was Jjboy on Shiva server, I just was in 5 or 6 of his parties. He would usually have one of a few friends be the chest poper. It doesnt really take that long with a macro. "/item "Forbidden Key <t>". You dont have to check each one to see what is in them.
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
Server: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-08-23 10:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Illwill said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I have never heard/used the term "3 kill style". We were not killing 3 mobs at the same time if thats what you mean. The DD's were on one mob, and the Blm team were actively seeking groups of at a minimum 3+ mobs(but usually had a group of at least 5. The leader of these groups and the guy I made the strategy was Jjboy on Shiva server, I just was in 5 or 6 of his parties. He would usually have one of a few friends be the chest poper. It doesnt really take that long with a macro. "/item "Forbidden Key <t>". You dont have to check each one to see what is in them.

We did worm "Rock Grinder" camp on Saturday night and did not work out well for us because there was some sort of disorganization, and we had PLD taking new mobs instead of BLM slept ones. I think all of us in some way failed to GA 3-4 mobs and for whatever reason did not build lights fast enough to stay pass the 90 min mark. So i lost 3x stones and whatever remaining minutes we had.

Anyway, later that night I went back to my beloved Tahrongi and we reorganized to kill JAGUARUNDI, I pushed DRK 75-80 + 6 merits that night and we capped at 610XP/kill. So I guess it really don't matter what camp you like, just have people organized for Fisherman/Chest duty/light management/batle strategies.

We had a setup like this (all 75+ except Key person):
COR60 > chest
5x BLM
COR
SAM
BST
THF <--???? no /ra ?? but we managed with DRK, PLD, WAR
RNG
PLD <-- main assist / assist with voke/flash (fisherman)
NIN <-- secondary
2xDRK <-- helped on fisherman (bio II)
WAR <-- helped fisherman
2xWHM
Reason I took some1 below 75 was for keys and a few buffs cuz if you really need to kill fast YOU HAVE to have the people with lvl75+
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-08-23 10:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Illwill said:
exp was easily 100k/hr+

Took 3 Jobs 76-80 in a little under 8 hours @Rock Grinders in La Thiene. Went to sleep. Woke back up. The party was still going! Joined them again, and took 2 more jobs to 80!

GTFO of Tahrongi Canyon lol

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Stop exping in *** Tahrongi.
[+]
 Cerberus.Elgato
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Elgato 2010-08-23 11:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

A WHM can fill the role of a BLM on Tahrongi Bats if for some reason there's no BLM's responding. I've seen 900+ Banish III's.

Best xp/hr I've managed was on bats actually. Had 5 BLM's casting tier III nukes as soon as caller was on the mob. Kill time was 18 seconds average.

On our server it seems there's still a bias towards melee heavy parties with only 1-3 BLM's, A few of us have been experimenting with BLM heavy parties with VERY favorable results.
 Odin.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-08-23 12:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Elgato said:
A WHM can fill the role of a BLM on Tahrongi Bats if for some reason there's no BLM's responding. I've seen 900+ Banish III's. Best xp/hr I've managed was on bats actually. Had 5 BLM's casting tier III nukes as soon as caller was on the mob. Kill time was 18 seconds average. On our server it seems there's still a bias towards melee heavy parties with only 1-3 BLM's, A few of us have been experimenting with BLM heavy parties with VERY favorable results.
Im finding this hard to swallow honestly . I suppose with a heavy melee set up , i would have to presume your sporting more than 1 BRD per PT to not only 4 song buff but handle sleeps too since bats tend to resist even ES Sleep(ga/2), that maybe it could be true . But even then is pretty hard to see this since its impossible to make Ruby light on Bats , unless your group got extremely lucky with Red chest drops . I made a group Saturday and we wound up at bats (La Thine and Kanchat had 80+ ppl in them ) . We had Pearl and Azure capped by the 60 minute mark and we only got 1 TE box , the rest were mostly Cruor . After half the allinace timed out we called it , so with that being said i am sure its not impossble that you got luck with Red chests , but i really wouldnt call bats the best EXP mob in Tahrongi .

I am still wondering if anyone had tried Limules . They have 1 AoE that is Fire based w/ Burn . They can be silenced and Aspired , so i am not sure what the turn off is to EXPing on them since Bats have an Attack down that is fairly strong and that whole need for Light based sleepers. Clionids i can understand with thier dumb TP moves , but a Limules and Barfire/ra seem like a winning combo , plus you can make Ruby/Pearl/Azure on them with little problem , or so it would seem from farming the NM pop item .
 Asura.Tristean
Server: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-08-23 12:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember when the abyssea first came out and no one thought that you could exp in abyssea and I was in there with a party of 6 playing with clionids. I was on DNC, the rdm died quickly from all the add-ons and I was spamming Divine Waltz II because of the *** Blazing Bound move they do and spam. I wouldn't suggest exping on these. Blazing Bound does 400-500 AOE damage.

Oh and also, that burn effect gets worse the more and more the mob uses blazing bound.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-28 09:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I was fighting Caoineag's today in tahrongi, I was first voker as NIN/WAR, and I noticed that these got intimidated by me on a regular basis, without me having any killer effects from gear or traits and no circle effects on either, anyone else noticed this?
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2010-08-28 10:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Update: Bugard camp is probably dead... Turul aggros now.
^

Just need to be careful where you pull from really. If someone agro's it you're all kinda screwed.
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-08-28 10:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
I was fighting Caoineag's today in tahrongi, I was first voker as NIN/WAR, and I noticed that these got intimidated by me on a regular basis, without me having any killer effects from gear or traits and no circle effects on either, anyone else noticed this?

Were you using marinara pizza? It gives Undead Killer.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-28 10:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Weasel said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

Were you using marinara pizza? It gives Undead Killer.

ah yeah i did. Had no idea it gave killer effect tbh lol
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-11 05:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

*bump* anybody find any good exp camps in the new zones? Also do the feet drop in gold chests in the new zones as you exp? Anybody find mobs that do NOT give amber light in the new zones?
 Bismarck.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-09-11 05:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

All I can say is: I saw a bird camp, gdi D:
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-11 05:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:
All I can say is: I saw a bird camp, gdi D:

Just bring a ton of warriors with that amnesia GA!
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-09-11 05:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I was roaming around abyssea-vunk and saw crawlers, rabbits, and some type of gold puk. They all checked IT to me at Lv85
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-09-11 05:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Worm parties are currently the best in my book.

Here's a small comparison: Tahrongi on Pachy has taken me 5 hrs to go from 81-85 capped.

While a worms party I was in on RDM got me the same result in under 3hrs. Something like 2hrs and 40min. The worms die incredibly quick. Have a RDM or 2 on silences since they are weak to wind so silence sticks fairly easy. They can't move so they just sit there waiting to be killed, lol.

Megamaw Mikey can be a hassle and wipe any nearby people. (He ended up popping on our party, but after I left I decided to solo him on RDM. Yey Plaga Scythe >->;) If he is up just avoid it and fight the worms far away from him.

I have not tried the -aga method stated above, but the great thing about this camp is that you cap your exp really quick. The group I was in started to farm gold chests off them since we had a ton of time and mostly everyone was capped on exp/kill.

Seriously people stop wasting your time on Pachypodiums. Sure they drop a ***ton of time chests because you can't fk it up by spamming ruby light. but who the hell wants to warp out with 400+ useless minutes. Having to warp with that much saved up time kills me ><!

In conclusion! Worms or gtfo :p

/end wall'o'text
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-11 06:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

best xp is nice and all, but don't the feet armors for AF3 only drop in gold chests in new abyssea zones? thats mainly what I was getting at there with the bump.... I do hope people get more info out there about those feet armors as I want quite a few for my 80+ jobs lol..
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-09-11 06:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Aby Sa YEAH!!!!
(waiting for abysea pt....)
[+]