Brd + Teal = ?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Brd + Teal = ?
Brd + Teal = ?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Aristo Belt Pretty high drop rate too.
yeah, exac same chr, dont worth giving me headache lol

It's got 2 more lol.
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
@Flion:what happened to you going to bed.
you are up way past your eastern hemisphere bedtime.

Moth flew into my room and scared me, now I'm working out moth destruction tactics.
Now I know your weakness.
You shall never survive.

I hate insects in general *shudder*
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 22:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

@ flion, yeah your right sorry somehow I though it was 8 ; ;
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:

Lol np.

Speaking of Nereid rings, before I stopped playing, I managed to get a chr+2 Nereid augment :D
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-08-11 22:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think everyone here should take a look at the link i posted. That stuff was pretty groundbreaking for me, and i believe it does make sense. There are many linked tests there that you can also check.

The concept was that singing skill always represents 1 macc, just like any magic skill. When a brd sings with a wind instrument only 1/3 of his wind skill is added to his total macc. If singing with a string instrument there will be no macc added, hence why they have lower proc rate. Still, singing with a string instrument is not overwhelming low on macc.

The main thing that makes me believe in this theory is that by adding only 1/3 of wind to the macc, a brds total macc will be a lot closer to a blm or a rdm. If this was not the case, brd would have +450 macc from skill alone at the old lv75.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 22:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Lol np. Speaking of Nereid rings, before I stopped playing, I managed to get a chr+2 Nereid augment :D
HATE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU but lvl 99 will prolly have sexier stuff ;p so waithing before spending like a crazy woman lol
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 22:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

actually singing skill is .9 magicc acc, can say 1 tho ;p
 Remora.Belius
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-08-11 22:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still here folks, digesting allll the information I'm reading and trying to make sense of it.

So far, I understand that Teal set is best for ballads.

I'll get back to you on the rest~
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Lol np. Speaking of Nereid rings, before I stopped playing, I managed to get a chr+2 Nereid augment :D
HATE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU but lvl 99 will prolly have sexier stuff ;p so waithing before spending like a crazy woman lol

Lol tell me about it. The level cap rise is probably going to bring me back to the game just to level BRD up again :D

I actually love playing BRD which is weird seeing as most people despise it XD

Hoping for a new ability this time around, plus we're due for an atk and acc song again.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
I'm still here folks, digesting allll the information I'm reading and trying to make sense of it.

So far, I understand that Teal set is best for ballads.

I'll get back to you on the rest~

I dunno, You can get Ballads of faster with a Sha'ir manteel, and not be tied down in equipment.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 22:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
I'm still here folks, digesting allll the information I'm reading and trying to make sense of it. So far, I understand that Teal set is best for ballads. ... I'll get back to you on the rest~
lol whole teal set as no benefit for brd thats it.I dont even think it has any benefit for any job.Unless you are REALLY UBERLY GIMP.

My way to use teal set? this:

Teal chapeau: BRD (Stoneskin)BLM(Nuke/Stoneskin) RDM(Enfeeb-mind/Stoneskin)

Teal robe: none I love my genie weskit wayyyy more, maybe usefull for rdm nuking but I dont really nuke anyway.

Teal cuffs: RDM (enfeeb-mind)

Teal slops: BRD(debuff) BLM(nuke/enfeeb) RDM (enfeeb)

Teal shoes: none I have mahatma pigaches~
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-08-11 22:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:

Summing it up on wind instrumented debuffs:
1 macc = 1 singing skill = 2 chr = 3 wind skill

No.

I don't know of any tests that have verified the exact value of skill in debuffs, but it's generally assumed in most places that 1 wind skill = 1 singing skill for debuffs. I've heard varying reports of 1 skill being anywhere from 0.5 macc to 1 macc.
As for chr, it depends on the chr value of the mob you are trying to debuff. Chr can either be 0.5 macc or 1 macc, depending.

That said, the Chr+6 ring will always be better or equal to Nereid ring. Use an Omega ring in the other slot (and Balrahn's if you chose that one).

Someone else in thread summed it up best though. The better your current Bard gear is, the worse Teal appears. None of the teal is better than top notch bard gear. Although a lot of the new accessories (all of them?) top current high level bard gear.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 22:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW whms that actually use TEAl body, you fail, saw too many whms cure in that, thats just fail kthx, noble tunic ftw its cheap, it looks great and its actually usefull.
kthxbai <3
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
BTW whms that actually use TEAl body, you fail, saw too many whms cure in that, thats just fail kthx, noble tunic ftw its cheap, it looks great and its actually usefull.
kthxbai <3

I've seen BRD's full time Teal all the time for the fast cast >.>

(Even for debuffs and buffs on faf >.>)
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 22:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
BTW whms that actually use TEAl body, you fail, saw too many whms cure in that, thats just fail kthx, noble tunic ftw its cheap, it looks great and its actually usefull. kthxbai <3
man sha'ir manteel is only 2 mil now, loquacious earring is easy obtanable and the fastcast feet are either, so is that ugly yigit body COMON PPL!
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 22:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

lol and wtf full teal on faf <.< your hnmls fail! lol or just the ppl ._.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
BTW whms that actually use TEAl body, you fail, saw too many whms cure in that, thats just fail kthx, noble tunic ftw its cheap, it looks great and its actually usefull. kthxbai <3
man sha'ir manteel is only 2 mil now, loquacious earring is easy obtanable and the fastcast feet are either, so is that ugly yigit body COMON PPL!

Exactly my point. I currently don't own a Sha'ir due to it being so expensive when I stopped playing, but as soon as I start again I'll be getting it.

No excuses at all anymore.

Not as bad as the time duo BRD a merit party, and the other BRD was full-timing the Joyeuse lol
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 22:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Exactly my point. I currently don't own a Sha'ir due to it being so expensive when I stopped playing, but as soon as I start again I'll be getting it. No excuses at all anymore. Not as bad as the time duo BRD a merit party, and the other BRD was full-timing the Joyeuse lol
lol lazy brd FTW
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:

Tell me about it. It was the other shell that managed to get claim, they couldn't kill him for 55 minutes, we were hoping for a rage... Then they said the reason was because they wanted to keep it in their time LOL.

They managed to flail it twice and just swap in player after player >.>
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Exactly my point. I currently don't own a Sha'ir due to it being so expensive when I stopped playing, but as soon as I start again I'll be getting it. No excuses at all anymore. Not as bad as the time duo BRD a merit party, and the other BRD was full-timing the Joyeuse lol
lol lazy brd FTW

Lol tell me about it, he was doing literally nothing and still not managing to keep Minuet x2 up >.> (I'd like to note I let one march drop in that entire 4 hour pt lol)
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 22:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Tell me about it. It was the other shell that managed to get claim, they couldn't kill him for 55 minutes, we were hoping for a rage... Then they said the reason was because they wanted to keep it in their time LOL. They managed to flail it twice and just swap in player after player >.>
LOL I've seen that a bunch on cerb from the JP Ls here
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Tell me about it. It was the other shell that managed to get claim, they couldn't kill him for 55 minutes, we were hoping for a rage... Then they said the reason was because they wanted to keep it in their time LOL. They managed to flail it twice and just swap in player after player >.>

Lol it was funny. They even managed to wipe to NQ turtle once with a full alliance.

Don't even know how that's possible.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 22:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Lol it was funny. They even managed to wipe to NQ turtle once with a full alliance. Don't even know how that's possible.
I actually wonder too <.< I duo this all the time
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-08-11 22:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
but it's generally assumed
Oh so generally assumed means it's right? I'm not saying this method i found is the correct way, but i always try to keep an open mind. If a new theory comes up, i'll give it some thought for sure.

As you have said, you don't know the tests. Check the links then. As an example, one of the links is bg thread from not so long ago.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 22:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What my research lead me to is this.
1 chr = 0.5 mag acc
1 magic acc = 1 mag acc (lol)
1 wind/sing/string(depending of what you use)= 0.9 mag acc

And from my personal experience,it's right.
Was using something like errant + goliard chapeau for debuff at start and was resisting a bunch.Read about it come to this and switch with Ixion cloak and have np at all since then.
 Remora.Belius
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-08-11 23:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, so.. I've decided I'm not going to settle for being an AH BRD cause it's just not enough.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-08-11 23:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going to quote Kanican, read the full journal.

"Kaeko later posted that while it was originally thought sing > wind, later testing and review determined that this was not necessarily the case. It was put in the comments later on."

In addition, he never said that was his viewpoint, or his testing. Just that he read it in a 2006 book (from lolJP testing).

And please don't link to BG just to make yourself look super elite. I don't see any actual testing with numbers that show singing skill = 3 x wind skill. If I missed it, please provide a direct link.

Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 23:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually my first debuff set was this

Terra's staff
earth grip
horn +1
goliard chapeau
errant Hppl
sha'ir gages
sha'ir seraweel
sha'ir crackows
wind torque
musical earring
wind earring
nereid ring x2
corsette +1
jester cape +1

(I though chr was the only important thing)
this gives about 45 magic acc

changed to this:

terra staff
earth grip
horn +1
ixion cloak
choral cuff +1
teal slops
oracle pigaches
wind torque
wind earring
musical earring
omega ring
nereid ring
corsette +1
jester cape +1

this gives about 50 magic acc
It doesnt look like a big deal, but it works greatly
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 23:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

what is fun with brd, its like blm, you dont really need to touch endgame to be a good one.the 2 only engame gear I use is musical earring wich is easy obtainable. choral cuffs +1 wich I farmed item with a friend pld and a friend rdm(really easy drop) and oracle boots is from a znm that can be killed easy with few blm friends(if I remember right)
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-08-11 23:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Moth flew into my room and scared me, now I'm working out moth destruction tactics.

Omg... FREAKING HUGE bug just flew into my room. I could hear it flying against the wall but I didn't get a good look at it, since I don't have my glasses. It wasn't a moth, but those are easy to get rid of if you make the room you want it out of dark, and turn a light on outside that room. This thing was a like bug of destruction, and I have no idea how to get rid of it. What if it doesn't leave and I go back in my room to sleep and I don't see it but it's still there hiding and when I lay down and sleep it flies around and lays eggs in my eyes? I might sleep somewhere else, bugs scare the hell out of me. This house has so many bugs, why did I come home?! Omg I hate bugs, why does this happen to me? T_T I'm so not equipped to deal with this situation.

So off topic, forgive me!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.