What Is The Earliest Lvl Range For Abyssea?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » What is the earliest lvl range for abyssea?
What is the earliest lvl range for abyssea?
First Page 2
 Sylph.Bigimus
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Bigimus
By Sylph.Bigimus 2010-08-10 13:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I am just curious as to what lvl range is the earliest a person can go to abyssea. i herd that abyssea is a great place to lvl when you can and i just got it last night so just curious as to when you can start goin into it lvl wise.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-10 13:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lowest level to leech is I believe 30.
Lowest level to actually hit a mob is like 70~73-ish.

Most people won't invite a leech unless their friends or you offer gil though.
[+]
 Sylph.Bigimus
Server: Sylph
user: Bigimus
By Sylph.Bigimus 2010-08-10 13:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thanks cuz i thought i had her from someone that you could actually start goin by 65ish but i wasnt sure and i just wanted to check.
[+]
 Odin.Oldive
Server: Odin
user: Oldive
By Odin.Oldive 2010-08-10 14:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Bigimus said:
ok thanks cuz i thought i had her from someone that you could actually start goin by 65ish but i wasnt sure and i just wanted to check.

Perhaps a healer or support class could go that early, but even with my ACCwhoring SAM I could barely keep up at 73, though I had forgotten food. Most people I talk to agree that around 73 is the lowest they want for a melee.

Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-10 14:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Oldive said:
Sylph.Bigimus said:

Perhaps a healer or support class could go that early, but even with my ACCwhoring SAM I could barely keep up at 73, though I had forgotten food. Most people I talk to agree that around 73 is the lowest they want for a melee.

Healer: 50+
DD: 70+
Support: 50+ (like thf, dnc, so on)

If you want to leach exp, offer to open chests. get like 5-6 stacks of keys.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-10 14:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Odin.Oldive said:
Sylph.Bigimus said:

I wouldnt invite a THF or a DNC until at least 75. DNC still needs ACC to hit and be able to cure, i was having trouble at 73 on my war with aggressor up. Thf isnt a big DD even at 75, so unless they are pulling, 75 it is.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-10 14:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Odin.Oldive said:
Sylph.Bigimus said:

I wouldnt invite a THF or a DNC until at least 75. DNC still needs ACC to hit and be able to cure, i was having trouble at 73 on my war with aggressor up. Thf isnt a big DD even at 75, so unless they are pulling, 75 it is.
67DNC i did abyssea and i was able to keep haste samba on, haste daze on the mob (you only need ot hit the mob, 0dmg = hit) and get TP up. /SAM tho but still it wasn't as bad.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-10 14:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Odin.Oldive said:
Sylph.Bigimus said:

67DNC i did abyssea and i was able to keep haste samba on, haste daze on the mob (you only need ot hit the mob, 0dmg = hit) and get TP up. /SAM tho but still it wasn't as bad.

Thats still not being as productive as a 75 job, and theres no shortage of people wanting abyssea. It may be just me, but i pretty much want everyone 75 except healers, 60+ for them.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-10 14:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

That's still a waste of a DD spot. You can't even kill the mob to help get light.
Not really a waste when the mobs are going down every 10 seconds and getting the first TE 15 minutes into it.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-10 14:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

That's still a waste of a DD spot. You can't even kill the mob to help get light.
Not really a waste when the mobs are going down every 10 seconds and getting the first TE 15 minutes into it.
Yes, it's still a waste. Because they could be going down in 8 seconds and getting first TE 12 mins into it.
I also helped healed =P

Drain Samba III helps too

Also idk why but every time i open boxes, i get like 2-3 TEs in a row >>

when i don't, 1 TE every 20 mins, bah.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-10 15:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lowest I go for healers is 65 and it depends on the race really. Taru WHMs can keep up with most Lv80 healers at 65ish since they have the MP for support. I'll also take a BRD as long as they have both ballads for BLM pt. Other then that I prefer most to be above 75 when it comes to Melee.

edit: and I also don't let friends 'leech' I don't consider being chest opener as a contributor because any one can do it, hell even the healers can do it it doesn't take long to pop a chest with a key. If you can contribute to the group in some way (cure, nuke, buff, actually land hits etc) then great you can come, if not then go leech somewhere else. :x
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-11 04:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Lowest I go for healers is 65 and it depends on the race really. Taru WHMs can keep up with most Lv80 healers at 65ish since they have the MP for support. I'll also take a BRD as long as they have both ballads for BLM pt. Other then that I prefer most to be above 75 when it comes to Melee.

edit: and I also don't let friends 'leech' I don't consider being chest opener as a contributor because any one can do it, hell even the healers can do it it doesn't take long to pop a chest with a key. If you can contribute to the group in some way (cure, nuke, buff, actually land hits etc) then great you can come, if not then go leech somewhere else. :x

I'm surprised someone with a healing job leveled would say that lol. Mage popping chests instead of resting mps in downtime sounds like something a dd would suggest :P
[+]
 Leviathan.Ayrlie
Server: Leviathan
user: Kimmy78
By Leviathan.Ayrlie 2010-08-11 04:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

only thing that can really leech is COR or BRD. As long they can do Refresh in the mage party or the applicable buffs in a melee party, its you can expect.

WHM can start doing it as early as they get Esuna.
[+]
 Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-08-11 06:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

At RDM80/WHM40 with some Convert merits and an auto-refresh gear, servicing:

PLD (Cure, Refresh, Haste)
Melee DD (Cure, Haste)
Range DD (Cure)
BLM x3 (Refresh, Cure)

Tapped out my MP, in a pretty unpredictable manner.

Sometimes I could go past convert for 5-10 minutes, but sometimes I could not make it to the Convert timer, and had to drop Refresh for BLMs, even though I was abusing the heck out of my Regen I/II macros and sneaking in a tick or two of hMP whenever I could. (Was using Barfira to reduce damage, to boot.)

Think the PLD was /WAR but not using defense (or any other) food, though, and was bleeding all over the floor. Meh.

Lv.60 as healer? Er. Yeah. Hope you get smart DD/NINs and not-very-threatening monsters as targets.

Leech on BRD? Heck, no. Stage pull, and keep alliance killing.

So what if it's 600 exp per kill? Adding 5 seconds between fights when fights take 30 seconds means 14% slower exp. You're a BRD, it's your duty to help prevent that 5 seconds of in-between time from happening by making sure there's always another lizard/mandy/bat/whatever waiting.

Pull. Sleep. Buff.

Keep it up--and don't try this below Lv.75.

Really, I just don't understand this post-Lv.75 PLD/WAR business... I know Shihei prices went up some, but bleeding all over the place while doing almost no damage is beyond silly.

And, no, the PLD I had wasn't using Defender (or Berserk) much. And, no, he couldn't take a hint to let the NIN be main /assist instead, either.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-11 07:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I don't really see PLDs taking too much damage. I've had the pleasure of partying with some shihei-less NINs too who refuse to tank or pull, just DD.
In regards to low level DNCs, I'd give them a spot purely for Haste Samba, that's hardly a wasted spot.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-11 07:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveled my 37 SCH up to 47 SCH in Abyssea, serving as back-up healer and Forbidden Key wench.

Initially, I received zero EXP per kill, but as lights accumulated, I started to get EXP, and in general, my EXP per kill was ~100 less EXP than the level 75-80 characters in the alliance.

The biggest boon was the blue chests that give 1000 and 1250 EXP per chest, regardless of your character's level.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-13 05:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Itazura said:

the PLD was /WAR

So you allow pld to leech but not the brd, i don't get it ... Why don't you let him pull anyway? The job sucks at generating exp...
[+]
 Asura.Meowzma
Server: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-08-13 06:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Itazura said:
At RDM80/WHM40 with some Convert merits and an auto-refresh gear, servicing:

PLD (Cure, Refresh, Haste)
Melee DD (Cure, Haste)
Range DD (Cure)
BLM x3 (Refresh, Cure)

Tapped out my MP, in a pretty unpredictable manner.

WTB RDM/SCH, 1k ono - pst.
Ifrit.Itazura said:

I leeched BRD 75-80. Not my intention though really; I was ready to go in, pull sleep buff as per the norm, but the group already had a THF on pull duty, with BLM sleeping mandy, leaving me to Madrigal, Minuet, Prelude the hunter as that's all they wanted. After about 15 mins I was bored as hell, so I made a macro to do the above and, just sat stationary bashing 1 button, whilst watching Die Hard 1-3 on my other monitor. At 80 I just started spamming Threnody for skill-ups.

Obviously I could have covered the THF and the BLMs job and, either let the THF attack or rep him for a higher dps job, but most parties I've been in feel sorry for the lonely 1 THF per party, so allow them in solely to pull. With that in mind, a BRD60+ could leech. Does it really matter about your 14% loss?
Ifrit.Itazura said:
Really, I just don't understand this post-Lv.75 PLD/WAR business... I know Shihei prices went up some, but bleeding all over the place while doing almost no damage is beyond silly.

I also took my PLD 75-80 in Abyssea. Now I'm not sure on your tanks set up, but I was far from bleeding everywhere, though I wasn't really tanking a great deal; the main reason for PLD/WAR is main assist and, simply to alternate provoke and flash.

Melee on the 1st mob, THF runs down to pull a 2nd, runs back up, runs around the melee in a Horse-shoe fashion, then running back down to grab a 3rd. As THF runs around us, I can easily provoke/flash, allowing plenty time for the mages/bards to sleep and, allowing the THF to start on the next mob.

I find that in parties without a PLD, either with a NIN or just a WAR on first voke, the THF just stands there getting beat to death trying to recast Ichi on a MNK type mob, waiting for someone to either provoke (as the NIN and WAR are often still on CD), or someone to sleep it.
 Fenrir.Wynnia
Server: Fenrir
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2010-08-13 07:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had Bards leeching, because they were just there for buffs. Bards help a lot for pulling, but they're not necessary. I've pulled on Thf and kept chains going, I've also had Nins doing the same. I've even seen a Pld pull and not put too big of a strain on the pullers.

With all that said, I'd rather not see anyone leeching. If you're going to have any leechs, two at the most, unless they're support jobs that are still contributing to the effort. I don't mean some jackass as /Cor just to give your Blms Evoker's roll.

I'll take an underlevelled Bard as long as they can do double ballads for mages or give out good buffs to melees.

Underlevelled Rdms that can refresh, haste, and still cure. If they have the gear, they can sometimes land some debuffs if needed.

Underlevelled Whms will have problems but if they have some other support they can work too. I had problems as a 75 Whm with very little support (just a Sch in the alliance and only a Cor to refresh me).

An Underlevelled Cor can work too as long as they can keep up buffs.

If you want to succeed, you'll want your alliance members to be at least 75, with a few leeches as possible. I had a party last night where the leader let four leeches in (including himself) and I left with 19 minutes left after one time extension starting with 120 minutes. It also didn't help that he seemingly had no clue what he was doing, after all, he did let four people leech.
 Fenrir.Wynnia
Server: Fenrir
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2010-08-13 07:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr version.

Lowest level DD: 75
Lowest level mage: 65
Number of Leeches: 0
[+]
 Ifrit.Itazura
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-08-13 20:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
So you allow pld to leech but not the brd, i don't get it ... Why don't you let him pull anyway? The job sucks at generating exp...
You didn't get it because you ignored the part where I said PLD shouldn't be /WAR; instead, should be /NIN, and help do damage (and be main /assist--but this part was implied).

Asura.Meowzma said:
WTB RDM/SCH, 1k ono - pst.
If you don't know what you're getting into exactly, /WHM remains the more flexible option, in my opinion.

Besides, /SCH doesn't offer Stona, which pretty much a must at the Shadow Lizard camp. (No, the PLD I had didn't even attempt to turn from the gaze once, as far as I can tell.)

It's not like /WHM doesn't offer other goodies; Barfira (very useful since it was the Shadow Lizard camp), and the MP efficient Curaga. There's also the bonus of not having to mess with Light/Dark arts if you find yourself occasionally sleeping critters.

I did think about using /SCH (I'm SCH80, FYI), but headed out as /WHM; /WHM was the better choice.

By the way, MP wasn't a problem until one of the DD left and the alliance replaced him with the bleeding PLD/WAR.

Asura.Meowzma said:
Obviously I could have covered the THF and the BLMs job and, either let the THF attack
That's precisely what you and your alliance should have done, IMO.

I'd argue BRD stage pulling is better for the alliance than casting songs for a long RNG, too, in a mixed melee + 1 RNG party. (And, the RNG wanted Prelude instead of Minuet? Really?)

Asura.Meowzma said:
I also took my PLD 75-80 in Abyssea. Now I'm not sure on your tanks set up, but I was far from bleeding everywhere, though I wasn't really tanking a great deal; the main reason for PLD/WAR is main assist and, simply to alternate provoke and flash.
I don't know that PLD's setup. It's also possible the DD/NIN's in the alliance weren't very keen on WS'ing early.

By the way, PLD/NIN can handle main /assist just fine.

When I exp'ing in Abyssea as PLD, as soon as the DDs got the current target off of me, I would cast Flash on the next one, and switch target. Once the DDs are done with the current one, they'd see exactly which one is the next to work on.

With Haste, Flash and Utsusemi recast were short enough, and I can keep myself from taking much damage and have Flash up for almost every mob. Add Refresh and MP temp items to that, and I was not only keeping my own HP in the white, but helping to cure the alliance.

And, thanks to Utusemi, I could eat Marinara Pizza +1, and stay in DD gear to contribute a bit of damage.

For PLD, /WAR is dead to me.

Asura.Meowzma said:
I find that in parties without a PLD, either with a NIN or just a WAR on first voke, the THF just stands there getting beat to death trying to recast Ichi on a MNK type mob, waiting for someone to either provoke (as the NIN and WAR are often still on CD), or someone to sleep it.
That is why I prefer BRD or RDM as puller.

Of course, if you have two or more people with Utsusemi and Provoke/Flash/Stun, there was no reason for even a THF puller to get beat up badly to begin with.

(At least, that's how it was in JP merit parties and that one JP Abyssea alliance I had--wasn't unusual to see 3+ Provokes on what I pulled in on BRD. lol.)
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-15 04:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Itazura said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
You didn't get it because you ignored the part where I said PLD shouldn't be /WAR; instead, should be /NIN, and help do damage (and be main /assist--but this part was implied).
No I did not. Pld With any subjob is a waste of Space. First assist? Put your best dd, it Will be better exp and faster kill. No more reason to accept pld leeching exp rather any other job. 100% of the time a simple A+ DD will be better.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-15 04:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Itazura said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
No I did not. Pld With any subjob is a waste of Space. First assist? Put your best dd, it Will be better exp and faster kill. No more reason to accept pld leeching exp rather any other job. 100% of the time a simple A+ DD will be better.

I agree.
[+]
 Cerberus.Elgato
By Cerberus.Elgato 2010-08-15 04:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

And yet come event time you fully expect a PLD to be tanking. Why not let ONE friggin' PLD join your xp party? Might average what? 50k/hour instead of 52k? No need to start the PLD no-xp BS again @ 80.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-08-15 05:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Lowest level to actually hit a mob is like 70~73-ish.
This is a stretch. I kept getting LC'd to hitting for zero at 72 and even at 74 every few mobs I still get level corrected to zeroes until Dia lands.

This was on PLD/SAM mind you. Abyssea groups shall be denied my DRK until my PLD is capped in any manner.

Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-15 05:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

I'm surprised someone with a healing job leveled would say that lol. Mage popping chests instead of resting mps in downtime sounds like something a dd would suggest :P

Lol I can maintain my MP and pop chests with no problem :\ I though, generally pop temp item chests whenever they pop so mages can always have items to go to if they are low on MP.
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-08-15 05:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

Yes, it's still a waste. Because they could be going down in 8 seconds and getting first TE 12 mins into it.

Is this seriously what some people have come to? lmao... *** pathetic. As if a few minutes or 1k exp are "holy ***precious" anyways; give me a break. Goddamn crybabies.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-15 11:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Elgato said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

And yet come event time you fully expect a PLD to be tanking. Why not let ONE friggin' PLD join your xp party? Might average what? 50k/hour instead of 52k? No need to start the PLD no-xp BS again @ 80.
Either you accept all kind of leeches or you don't. Also You make it sound like pld is useful in "events" which is ***. Only idiots still use a pld assist.
First Page 2