Final Fantasy XIII 20$!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XIII 20$!
Final Fantasy XIII 20$!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Rebourne
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Rebourne 2010-07-18 22:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Caitsith.Linear said:
Positive. God knows how they figured it was complicated though. If anyone thinks XII was complicated, I dare them to play Chrono Cross or the Xenosaga series. Or actually try to figure out how Silent Hill works, instead of just rushing through the game with no thought. There's a ***ton of ideas about it.

I liked the Xenosaga series.. And understood it.

Xenogears.... /mindfucked

lmao so true, Xenogears blew my mind hardcore
 Lakshmi.Naveyah
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Naveyah 2010-07-18 23:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I disliked FF13 because of its linearity, lacking challenge, and above all.. Mini Games.

There is hardly anything to do in the 'end game' of FF13, sure there are missions you can go around and do, but they are all to easy in my opinion, the moment you start unlocking Omega weapons the game just goes from whoa that was slightly fun to a sequence of commands you just do over and over again and end result is win, even attempting to spice it up after you've 100% your 6/6 crystalium or w/e the hell they are called paths and you purchase a low level weapon and fight with that, its still rather easy.

I enjoyed FF12 because it had a lot of things you could do including, including Mini Games, and optional super bosses! also the story was basically Star Wars with Chocobos, and instead of it taking place in a galaxy it took place on a small area of map.

Hopefully they release some DCL for 13.... that could have major potential.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-07-18 23:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Naveyah said:
...also the story was basically Star Wars with Chocobos, and instead of it taking place in a galaxy it took place on a small area of map.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this, although it actually killed the game for me and I couldn't finish.

It was around the time I went, okay, so...

Plucky sand orphan meets up with a blaster-packing pirate smuggler and his anthropomorphic sidekick in a seedy multi-racial cantina, but gets captured by the Evil Empire's capital ship, where I fight my way down hexagonal corridors against enemies who are a poor shot with a blaster to rescue the Princess, who's also a member of the Resistance, from a telekinetic dude in a big black helmet that sounds like James Earl Jones?

...yawn.
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-07-18 23:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone frequently use the Summons from ff12? I couldn't tell you what any of the summons from ff12 did or what their names were.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-07-18 23:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Every FF was criticized for different reasons. 4 was criticized for the same reasons 13 is: BEING LINEAR... 4 is arguably one of the best titles in the series, and certainly the one that allowed the series to become so big

6 was criticized for not being linear enough during the second half of the game, leaving the player wondering what the hell he's supposed to do exactly, with some scattered clues from NPCs ... 6 is arguably the best title of the series

7 was criticized for being identical to 6, with better graphics and tons of useless minigames... the story was ok, but we would have loved something more original than a resistance fighting an empire... i mean, an evil corporation...

13 is being criticized for having a killer soundtrack, a great story, linearity that reminds of FF4, and......... no mini games? and then you wonder why SE doesn't give a *** about what fans think anymore? if fans were a bit more coherent, perhaps SE would have reasons to listen

The ones I liked the most were the ones with the best storyline. And because they cared to add a good storyline to FF XIII, along with a good soundtrack, along with awesome graphics, I have nothing to complain about. Those three elements are what make a good FF game, the rest are extras and are not required to make me happy.

Sometimes, you have to stop and wonder why you're following a series if you're going to complain about every single detail instead of taking the time to enjoy the effort they've put into making it. The playtime it takes to finish such a game doesn't even come close to what it took you to level your first FF11 job from 1-75. Even if it wasn't exactly up to your expectations, you could tell that they put a lot of effort into each title.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-18 23:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I (for some odd reason) found FFVI crappy compared to FFIV <.<
And isn't it common knowledge that FFVI & FFVII are overrated, FFIX & FFX are fine, FFXII underrated, and FFXI the best of the series? or am I whooshing?
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2010-07-18 23:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Psyence said:
The ones I liked the most were the ones with the best storyline. And because they cared to add a good storyline to FF XIII, along with a good soundtrack, along with awesome graphics, I have nothing to complain about. Those three elements are what make a good FF game, the rest are extras and are not required to make me happy. And I've completed every title in the main series, from 1 to 13.

Gameplay is an extra now. Wow.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-07-18 23:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Lakshmi.Naveyah said:
...also the story was basically Star Wars with Chocobos, and instead of it taking place in a galaxy it took place on a small area of map.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this, although it actually killed the game for me and I couldn't finish.

It was around the time I went, okay, so...

Plucky sand orphan meets up with a blaster-packing pirate smuggler and his anthropomorphic sidekick in a seedy multi-racial cantina, but gets captured by the Evil Empire's capital ship, where I fight my way down hexagonal corridors against enemies who are a poor shot with a blaster to rescue the Princess, who's also a member of the Resistance, from a telekinetic dude in a big black helmet that sounds like James Earl Jones?

...yawn.

This. I don't know where they started going after 10 tbh. 11 was obviously a totally different type of game, but 12 and 13 have both been huge disappointments imo.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-07-19 01:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
use your $20 and buy Valkyria Chronicles ;D

And this.

And yes. Xenogears.

/rpgs

I totally want another ps3 version of that game.... stupid psp.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-19 01:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Naveyah said:
I disliked FF13 because of its linearity, lacking challenge, and above all.. Mini Games.

How many times did you get Game Over throughout the main storyline? It just doesn't throw much false difficulty in your face (ie you just died, now you have to repeat all of this just to try again)!
Quote:
There is hardly anything to do in the 'end game' of FF13, sure there are missions you can go around and do, but they are all to easy in my opinion, the moment you start unlocking Omega weapons the game just goes from whoa that was slightly fun to a sequence of commands you just do over and over again and end result is win, even attempting to spice it up after you've 100% your 6/6 crystalium or w/e the hell they are called paths and you purchase a low level weapon and fight with that, its still rather easy.

How did you get the materials together for an ultimate weapon? Did you use the summon/Death trick? Do you wonder why you found it easy?

You also act as if every other previous FF wasn't a case of "repeating commands" when you really strip it down.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-19 07:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This game was the worse $60 I've ever spent in my life, I think theres no joke to that, and I even bought Aion... Aion didn't suck as hardcore as this game did.

The fact that I spent $60 to get dissapointed is reason enough to whine and complain to a big company that has a better reputation than that, but then again their main priority isn't video games, they just happen to have invented FF series and released several good games.

The game is mind numbing grinding your way up, and the story is so slow to pick up. There's just not much freedom on the gameplay either, you play it by the book... nothing special.

I want my $60 back. and yes I'll rant about it.
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-07-19 07:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

when it came down to it 7 was simple having Master summon with Mp absorb/double summon, everyone having mime and Pheonix with last command or w/e it was.
 Bahamut.Moehre
Server: Bahamut
user: moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2010-07-19 07:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Fable 1 is the best game I have ever played ever.

Can't say it was theeeeeee BEST, as in I am still a big fan of stuff like Maniac Mansion, Prince of Persia and Warcraft III, but damn, I never had so much fun as with that purple Pimp hat. Fable was great!

*goes instal it again on laptop*
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-19 12:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

favourite game I've ever played was probably Indigo Prophecy (or to you yanks 'Fahrenheit')

I wouldn't say it's the best game I've played, but when I was playing it, I was utterly utterly hooked.

Nomad souls was awesome too. Haven't tried Heavy Rain yet.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-07-19 12:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

SERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Havent finished FF13 and havent cared to watch the ending.

Id rather rewatch all the FF12 CSs again. Balthier was a much better "hero"....I mean "leading man". Sexy voice acting was sexy.
Quote:
Did anyone frequently use the Summons from ff12? I couldn't tell you what any of the summons from ff12 did or what their names were.

I summoned Belias that one time it was required. I never even used that chain-y thing that I forget what its called. I hack and slashed and used knots of rust the whole way through.

I much preferred watching the game like a long movie on youtube than I did playing it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-19 12:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

X was better than XII and XIII. I actually liked Tidus, Auron was bad *** and Wakka was overpowered.

Good game, Good sidequests too. Not as good as IX and VI, but definitely awesome.
 Lakshmi.Naveyah
By Lakshmi.Naveyah 2010-07-19 18:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
X was better than XII and XIII. I actually liked Tidus, Auron was bad *** and Wakka was overpowered.

Good game, Good sidequests too. Not as good as IX and VI, but definitely awesome.

But the voice acting was so terrible!! I wish they would rerelease FFX with the same VA cast, but actually put emotion backing the voices rather sound like they are reading it directly from the script in front of them. FFXII did a great job with the voice acting, same with FFXIII.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-19 18:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ONLY thing that irritated me about X was the fact that it was turned based and not ATB. I like having to think quickly. Wait mode is for chumps >:o