By Fairy.Spence 2010-07-15 12:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Homam looks cooler IMO so people should use that
 Caitsith.Omicronceti
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Omicronceti 2010-07-15 12:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

God damn this broken quote nonsense. I think I posted in Raen's thread about that comparison actually. My only question though is about is acc28 to 35.5 stat. Where is that coming from?
By Mmbacon 2010-07-15 12:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lulz....
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-15 13:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

All I know is that I'm liking them ocelot trousers.
kitties sure love their haste stats.
 Caitsith.Silvaria
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-07-15 13:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Omicronceti said:
I got called dumb cause I wasn't full Perle

Heh...I hope you told them what they can go do with themselves. ^,^
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-07-15 13:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Full Perle gear is the new standard for non-EX equipment.

It pretty much blows away anything that was available on the AH prior to the update that introduced Abyssea.

If you don't own Adaman Hauberk or Byakko's Haidate (or are using a DD job that can't equip those items), then full Perle is a viable option that is on par, or at least very close to previously-established top-end DD gear. And, you can get the whole set for less than 500k on most servers now.
Full Perle gear is probably more beneficial to DRK and DRG than SAM, but it's still good equipment for SAM.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-15 13:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen sams on my server that i KNOW have haidate using full perle. They were mostly fr though. People are *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I also skipped page 2 so idk if this was said, but full perle makes it hard if not impossible to get a(decent) 6hit on sam. I would never get rid of my usu feet.

As for drk/drg, it beats homam, not really debatable. WAR/BST with no haste legs, or no BH I should say it's good for as well, anything else is basically a no.

@Elana Math has already been done, full perle(on drk) beats homam/Ebody/turban. It's not good at all for sam really due to the shitty 6hits, if you can even make them with full perle.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-15 13:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget that now with the Trail GKT with 464 delay and stp+5, perle is even a worse choice if you want to try and 5 hit that.
By Stefo 2010-07-15 13:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as i can tell, its necessary to TP in full perle and macro in your WS gear if you have something with more STR/DEX acc/att like purple hauby or nocturnus mail for example. the 5% haste makes the set. so IMO you need the full set to make it work. otherwise, there is a ton of other gear you can use to TP in or WS in... i know ill be TP'ing in full perle on at least DRG and WAR for sure and prolly DRK and lolDD-PLD for solo PLD/DNC or PLD/RDM <,<
 Caitsith.Omicronceti
By Caitsith.Omicronceti 2010-07-15 13:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:

It pretty much blows away anything that was available on the AH prior to the update that introduced Abyssea.

If you don't own Adaman Hauberk or Byakko's Haidate (or are using a DD job that can't equip those items), then full Perle is a viable option that is on par, or at least very close to previously-established top-end DD gear. And, you can get the whole set for less than 500k on most servers now.
Full Perle gear is probably more beneficial to DRK and DRG than SAM, but it's still good equipment for SAM.
I don't think Perle Body beats Hauby/Hauby+1 in non capped acc scenarios.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-15 13:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think only Ebody has more acc and that Perle vs Haub+1 is the same accuracy (or like 1 difference).
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-07-15 13:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't say that I'm lobbying for or against full Perle equipment. I'm just saying people should be open-minded to it since it's easy to acquire and it's at least very good equipment. It may not be elite, but it's better than average in many situations for many jobs.

I won't be using full Perle on SAM, but I would definitely try it for DRK.

As for 6-hit SAM GKT set-ups w/ full Perle, it is possible to do without being "shitty", especially if you're able to use Keitonotachi or get your hands on a Goading Belt.
But even using "old" 75-and-under gear, Rajas Ring+Ecphoria Ring+Brutal Earring+Rose Grip = +11 Store TP, which is all that's needed for a standard 6-hit build with 450-delay weapon and 5/5 Store TP merits.
[+]
 Odin.Venomous
Server: Odin
By Odin.Venomous 2010-07-15 13:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally don't think you were called dumb... Thread sounds like an alternate way of asking "Should I get this full set?" That's just my $0.02

Let the rate downs commence!
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-15 13:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Omicronceti said:
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:

I don't think Perle Body beats Hauby/Hauby 1 in non capped acc scenarios.

You have to specify the job, Ebody/homam set gives only 6 more acc than full perle. So hauby+1 would not. Idk any(decent) drgs that use homam body so I'll say this set is more accurate for drg and war too. The big factor is for stuff like sam/war where haste comes into play from BH or 6hitting on sam not the acc.

Perle is a god send and a *** curse. The shitty players now have a set that makes them less gimp, *** yay because I was tired of looking at ur gimp ***. On the other hand, it's made decent geared players with BH like I seen on my server, swap to full perle too because they don't understand basic game mechanics and they lose their 6hit. /headdesk.
[+]
 Caitsith.Omicronceti
By Caitsith.Omicronceti 2010-07-15 13:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Venomous said:
I personally don't think you were called dumb... Thread sounds like an alternate way of asking "Should I get this full set?" That's just my $0.02

Let the rate downs commence!
You got me!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-15 13:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Full Perle > Turban/Ebody/Homam x3 on DRK.
Full Perle > anything on DRG, 5hits aside.
Full Perle > anything for AtonementTP on PLD.

WAR/BST/SAM a lot more situational because of the Haidate thing. On a limb, I would say never better for a well-geared SAM. WAR and BST... depends. If you're using Aurum feet then full Perle starts catching up - you really have to be pushing your Haste advantage.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-15 13:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the full Perle users (I'm enjoying it since I only have Homam feet so far) I've seen have been using STR rings so I don't think it will change much anyway.
By drexler 2010-07-15 13:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How much do you idiots really think 3% haste really is? every worn a headlong belt only for haste? If you don't have kitty pants, you are dumb if you don't wear full perle set, not to mention it's basically free. Seems to me that ppl are just hatin cuz the prices of their old TP sets are in the toilet now. Sorry bout your luck. Even the body piece has advantage over Hauby with DEF STR and no -EVA. Which is now relevant with the lvl cap increase. I got more EVA on Sam than any 75 THF preupdate. Get with the times ppl. Oh, and SE also adressed the store tp thing with new neck and belt pieces. Check it out and get over it.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-15 13:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think one person here said Perle is trash if you don't have Byakkos, lol....
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-15 13:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
For people without Byakko's Haidate it's a very solid set though.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-15 13:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

@anon.drexler
Good one there :D
troll-baiting anons :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-15 13:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yeah, but how often can you TP with Souleater :( why does it suddenly change for relic DRK if not using Souleater? Perle x5 has same Haste as Turban/Ebody/Homam x3.

3 acc vs loads of Attack (when PLD hits for 0 often) and a chunk of STR on top of that... shouldn't be any competition. MP isn't that important since you should keep yourself at least below 300 most of the time and HP only really important with Excal (since how often will you be Atonementing something which'll oneshot you)?

If you're bloodtanking then you'll be using AF+1 feet which means no full Perle anyway~
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-07-15 14:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
It's 14% by the way, there's a typo in the NA version for the head. JP client says +3% and tests conclued it is +3%.

Is it just me or does this seem to happen WAAAAY too often for numberical issues??? I mean thew bomblet is 8 attack... 8 isn't hard for me to interpret as 10 and vice versa. I can't imagine it's justifiable for this to happen as much as it does.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-15 14:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
Full Perle > Turban/Ebody/Homam x3 on DRK.
Quote:
Full Perle > anything for AtonementTP on PLD.

For drk, this does not apply for when you use souleater (If able to TP while using souleater) and it does not apply for relic drk.

For pld, I don't think it's the case unless your accuracy is capped. Homam x4 turban will give 3 more accuracy and ~100 hp/mp more than full perle.

Edit : HP being even more important if you have excalibur

Most relic users have dusk+1 and HQ ebodies. Don't bother wasting our time with this situational ***. Not to mention theres about 1 excal pld per server for the most part.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-15 14:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Get to work on Perle Excelior! lol
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-15 14:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Is it just me or does this seem to happen WAAAAY too often for numberical issues??? I mean thew bomblet is 8 attack... 8 isn't hard for me to interpret as 10 and vice versa. I can't imagine it's justifiable for this to happen as much as it does.

Japan > English exchange rates. >_>
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-15 14:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically use full Perle on DRG/DRK at the very least unless you have a good reason not to. 5hit is good, +1 Dusk Gloves etc is good, but for your average player using your average build, full Perle is the way to go.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-15 14:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc point is valid, depends a lot on your gear though.

PLD, you won't take many hits in Atonement TP gear (will instead swap to a defensive set) so it's semi-irrelevant. And I hit for 0 a decent amount on HNMs :(
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10