Things You Did While Playing Pokemon
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Valencea
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Valencea
By Bahamut.Valencea 2010-07-14 22:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Driving alone for 10+ hours gets me thinking about a lot of things, and one thing that came into my head was all the stuff i did on Pokemon games when I was younger.

As i was driving i took notes on my cell phone (So dangerous) especially during winding roads through mountain passes in Utah >.>;

-I also mashed the B button thinking it would help my chances catching a pokemon

-I always tried to avoid trainers for some reason (Unless it couldn't be helped)

-I always tried to avoid tall grass unless I had to run through it

-I always did the missingo. glitch on blue/red

-In Gyms, i would put sooo much effort into trying to avoid as many trainers as I could so i could just get to the gym leader

-I found using rocks in the safari zone helped my chances of catching pokemon with the safari ball

-I always ALWAYS got Magikarp as early as possible so I could make it into a Gyarados, although it was a pain in the *** making him my main pokemon then switching him out for half exp, since all it knew was splash. Even when it learned tackle it was still weak.

-I always avoided using potions and would horde them. If there was a pokemon center near i would go there instead.

-I had no strategy whatsoever. I never used moves such as Leer or Screeh. I would only make my pokemon have the strongest attacks and just zerg everything.

-I never evolved the beginning 3 pokemon. I had a high level Bulbasaur.

-I never ran from wild battles, even though I had no chance of living.

-I always tried to do that Mew glitch, it just never worked for me...

-I would always have the "Lol" pokemon but i would keep it at the daycare until the end of the game when it came out 50 levels stronger. (For me it was mainly a Meowth)

-I always avoided using the masterball, even on Mewtwo

-My team was never balanced

-I for some reason would always hunt Dugtrio in the Diglett tunnel because early in the game I thought he was badass.

-I always got sad the S.S Boat whatever thingy left and I could never get back on it again.

-I always had a Haunter

-I never was able to evolve a Haunter,Graveler, etc because I had no friends who would trade with me.

-I never tried to fill the pokedex. I was never a completionist with pokemon
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-14 22:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I always spent hours at the game corner, upon first visiting Celadon, to get Porygon.

EDIT: Also, through R/B/Y, I was a Normal & Psychic trainer, in fact, I was through G/S/C, too. Now I usually am a Dark & Fire trainer.
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-07-14 22:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i began making every type of pokemon lv 100 with full protein carbos etc once i got all 151 and did the duplicate cheat over and over to get this done lol. I would make custom pokemon this way and trade it to others lol
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-07-14 22:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Mew worked for me <.<

Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-14 22:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

As i was driving i took notes on my cell phone (So dangerous) especially during winding roads through mountain passes in Utah >.>;

Sadly, same.
Quote:
-I also mashed the B button thinking it would help my chances catching a pokemon

I did A B A B, but not anymore, lol.
Quote:
-I always tried to avoid trainers for some reason (Unless it couldn't be helped)

Opposite. I made sure I would fight everyone.
Quote:

Agreed.

Quote:
-I always avoided using potions and would horde them. If there was a pokemon center near i would go there instead.

I'd horde them all for the Elite Four.
Quote:

Depends. Now that I know about EVs, I never run. I used to always unless I knew the EXP was worth it.
Quote:

The Surf around the S.S. Anne one? xD
Quote:

Yep! *** the Master Ball. Chump's way out.

- I always had a balanced team. Pet peeve of mine. I used to get *** PISSED when people asked for help and they have one Lv55 Graveler and then like a Lv20 Oddish and other random low level'd ***.

- I used to actually hate status-changing moves, but now that I'm all hardcore, I usually keep one.

- I never have two of the same type. Some may get repeated because of dual-types, but usually that Pokemon is focused on the other type.

- I have to pre-plan a party before I start a new file. I can't just run and catch on the go.

- I never held back evolutions unless it's to get a move early, even then I would usually just wait.
 Bahamut.Valencea
Server: Bahamut
user: Valencea
By Bahamut.Valencea 2010-07-14 22:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Valencea said:
-I never tried to fill the pokedex. I was never a completionist with pokemon

Added lol Just remembered that
 Sylph.Elgorian
Server: Sylph
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2010-07-14 22:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to give my pokemon attacks that could take out a pokemon it's weak too... if possible

Other than that... I think you pretty much nailed most of what I did lol

Never used my master ball~

edit: I did complete pokedex on yellow.... but said screw it with the rest xD
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2010-07-14 22:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

- I always tried to catch them all.
- Never bought potions because i was spending all my money on pokeballs.
- I never used any other pokemon than my starter even through the elite 4 (usually had Charizard by the 3-4 gym leader.)
- I'd always use fly, even if i was already in the town to get ot the pkmn center.
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-14 22:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I always got the worm pokemon and evolved it into a butterfly or w/e, I wasted my time leveling it around 30 to leave it there

I always took on weak pokemons and took them to level 30 to then switch them again, kind of pointless

I never cought a legendary pokemon even if I always saw them randomly, I didn't know how.

I always hit save before a gym battle, and if it went wrong i turned off with out saving and tried again.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-14 22:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to fill it once on Silver...I was like 30 away, but then I got Gameshark for my birthday...

Once you hax, you can't go bax.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-14 22:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Valencea said:

-I always did the missingo. glitch on blue/red

-In Gyms, i would put sooo much effort into trying to avoid as many trainers as I could so i could just get to the gym leader

-I found using rocks in the safari zone helped my chances of catching pokemon with the safari ball

-I always ALWAYS got Magikarp as early as possible so I could make it into a Gyarados, although it was a pain in the *** making him my main pokemon then switching him out for half exp, since all it knew was splash. Even when it learned tackle it was still weak. Too much effort

-I had no strategy whatsoever. I never used moves such as Leer or Screeh. I would only make my pokemon have the strongest attacks and just zerg everything.

-I never evolved the beginning 3 pokemon. I had a high level Bulbasaur. I only kept Pikachu as starter form

-I would always have the "Lol" pokemon but i would keep it at the daycare until the end of the game when it came out 50 levels stronger. (For me it was mainly a Meowth) I just released them instead.

-My team was never balanced

-I for some reason would always hunt Dugtrio in the Diglett tunnel because early in the game I thought he was badass. Dugtrio was always my main pokemon and alwyas the first to hit 100. He was unbeatable except for a few bird pokemon.

-I always got sad the S.S Boat whatever thingy left and I could never get back on it again.

-I always had a Haunter

-I never was able to evolve a Haunter,Graveler, etc because I had no friends who would trade with me.

Pretty much the same, adjusted personal differences.

My team was always:
Pikachu(yellow, Zapdos if not yellow version)
Dugtrio(main)
Charizard
Venasaur
Blastoise
Alakazam
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-14 22:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I never had a main. I always had everyone at the same level. It would alter during the Elite Four since I had to use whoever I needed to win - couldn't just use whoever I wanted.

I enjoy the challenge of having a team, not just having one Pokemon breeze through everything.

Edit: Oh

- Using legendaries is for chumps.
By Enternius 2010-07-14 22:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-07-14 22:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a level 90 pikachu everything else 50 and a level 98 typhlosion and everything else 50 c.c
never could make it to level 99 since someone stole my typhlosion from me and gave me a pigiey or whatever it is.
and mashing B works!
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-14 22:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I never had a main. I always had everyone at the same level. It would alter during the Elite Four since I had to use whoever I needed to win - couldn't just use whoever I wanted.

I enjoy the challenge of having a team, not just having one Pokemon breeze through everything.

Edit: Oh

- Using legendaries is for chumps.

I felt the same way too, but I never got any to 100 and never got a legendary :S ... I feel unaccomplished.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-14 22:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I never got anyone to 100 either - I always started a new file by that time since I like having new teams.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-14 22:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Dugtrio(main) would usually be 1-2 levels above the rest, at least 1, because I would prio his leveling. I tried to balance their levels though. AT level 100 you can take a few potions and PP potions and dugtrio can clear our the whole elite 4 by himself. His only problem was a few psychic(I believe) and some water attacks. With a few pots he's fine and ready to solo though.

I did my element strength vs weakness as much as I could, but Dugtrio was a powerhouse that was worth a slot in any group.

Edit: Maybe it was level 80 not 100, he can do it before most other pokemon can anyway. You can get a full level 80 team by fighting every trainer/gym trainer in each game I believe. Most ppl skip them though if they can. Fighting the Elite 4 about 20 times will get you level 100 on an 80 I believe.

I hate the new pokemon, im talking about red/blue/yellow ofc. The only good ones. Silver/gold are acceptable but still meh.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-14 22:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

A shame he sucks now ._.' I loved him in Red/Blue/Yellow, though.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-14 22:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I never got anyone to 100 either - I always started a new file by that time since I like having new teams.

I never started a new file, but then again I never finished any pokemon games. Except yellow and silver. yet, there was something more I had to do which never did :/ I'm a failure as a pokemon trainner.

Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-14 22:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was llving back in red/blue I'd just go up to an elite 4 and mash A.

I got to the point where I could actually nap for a few min doing that and wake up around when I won then onto the next one.

Took forever getting everyone to 100.

Also I only use the fire starter all the way till I start lvling a real team after I'm done. I fight till like lvl 10 in the grass then fight all trainers and use items to avoid wild pokemon.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-14 22:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Tousou just reminded me, in R/B/Y, anytime something was evolving, I got Phil Collin's/Genesis' Invisible Touch stuck in my head... Kinda similar;

Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-14 22:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually roll with Super Repels at all times. Sometimes I get tired of running into Golbat every five *** seconds while trying to get to Mewtwo/Red/Moltres(whatever version you're playing - there's always that long *** cave/mountain).
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-14 22:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

the only annoying thing about pokemon is how slow the battle progression is, and all the talking, that makes me so desperate.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-14 22:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to play with the sound off a lot cause it saved battery power when it was about to die, so when I tried to catch a pokemon I would cover the screen and slowly move my hand away to see if it was caught!
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-14 22:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Srsly, R/B/Y made me rage.. ALOT. I went through 3 Game Boy Pockets, finally, my parents bough me a GBC and said "This is it, you break this one, no more!" ... I still have it... still works..
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-14 22:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I used to play with the sound off a lot cause it saved battery power when it was about to die, so when I tried to catch a pokemon I would cover the screen and slowly move my hand away to see if it was caught!

I dropped my GBC on the concrete and its sound chip got knocked around lol. Mine wasn't out by choice but it was out, had to use earphones, but I didn't wanna hear it anyway.

And that may make some ppl made how slow the progression is darki, but that's what made the games so good too. They lasted for *** ever. Not only did it take so long to get them all 100 and catch all pokemon ect. but you also would restart the game with new files. It was like drugs.

That song doesn't remind me of pokemon in any way lol. Not bad, kinda gives me a headache after a min though.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-14 22:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I dropped my GBC on the concrete and its sound chip got knocked around lol. Mine wasn't out by choice but it was out, had to use earphones, but I didn't wanna hear it anyway. And that may make some ppl made how slow the progression is darki, but that's what made the games so good too. They lasted for *** ever. Not only did it take so long to get them all 100 and catch all pokemon ect. but you also would restart the game with new files. It was like drugs. That song doesn't remind me of pokemon in any way lol. Not bad, kinda gives me a headache after a min though.

It's similar to the R/B/Y evolution music;

Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-07-14 22:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

OP said:
Things you did while playing Pokemon

Masturbate to shitty Misty pr0nz!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-14 22:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't hear it similar at all... :/

Maybe I can just make out the notes better but it sounds completely different to me. Invisible touch has a series of connecting beats, the evolution music was made by a 5 year old banging 2 notes back and forth where someone added a higher note in every 4 secs lol...

Maybe it's just me though.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-14 22:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
OP said:
Things you did while playing Pokemon
Masturbate to shitty Misty pr0nz!