Things You Did While Playing Pokemon
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-15 03:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

We can already have avatars up to 500kb. Sigs would be a page loading overkill.

And y'all are late if that's the first time you've heard that, lol.
 Valefor.Dzuoko
Server: Valefor
user: Dzuoko
By Valefor.Dzuoko 2010-07-15 03:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha yeah
there was like a whole verse, i saw it in another thread, might of been the lol thread.
Went something like....

My pokemon bring all the boys to the yard
And they're like, Wanna trade cards?
Damn right, I wanna trade cards!
I can beat you, with my Charizard...

LOL fun times
 Bismarck.Veruna
Server: Bismarck
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2010-07-15 04:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually started up playing HeartGold again not too long. I've been sidetracked though on the story line trying to catch specific Dittos. :(

I have one of the natures I wanted, having a problem with the second one though.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-07-15 06:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

How do the new pokémon games compare to the original 3? >.>

I loved R/B/Y, but found Silver/Gold a bit meh and Emerald/Ruby/Whatever else there was after pretty crappy.

This thread has restarted my wish to play and glitch pokémon games to death ._.
 Asura.Exantra
Server: Asura
user: Exan
By Asura.Exantra 2010-07-15 06:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember as a kid, in the original versions I treated Hyper Beam as the be all, end all Kamehameha level of attack that won all battles, and I always tried to the moment feel epic.

I tried to obtain every dragon type Pokemon, and that evolving Dratini up to Dragonite was the highest honour.

I used Bubblebeam a lot because the attack sounded cool.

I trained myself enough to be able to navigate every dungeon that required Flash.

Every time I obtained Eevee, I would evolve it into Vaporeon. Every time.

I always picked Squirtle since all my friends chose Charmander.

I thought Scyther was the coolest ever Pokemon. Ever.

As a child, I used to be scared of the ghost of Marowak.

Golbat's original sprite made me "wtf?" And still does to this day.

Ahh.. Memories.
 Phoenix.Katashuro
Server: Phoenix
user: Sephyrus
By Phoenix.Katashuro 2010-07-15 06:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Alexander.Lacas
Server: Alexander
user: Rakasu
By Alexander.Lacas 2010-07-15 07:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much everything the OP said except the never evolving the starter and the last 3 points.

Now I tend to always have a Milotic on my teams and I never keep legendary pokemon on my team past the Elite 4
Asura.Exantra said:
I trained myself enough to be able to navigate every dungeon that required Flash.

I also did this, it was surprising when I played FireRed years later and I still remembered all the layouts.
 Bismarck.Veruna
Server: Bismarck
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2010-07-15 07:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:

I loved R/B/Y, but found Silver/Gold a bit meh and Emerald/Ruby/Whatever else there was after pretty crappy.

I actually really liked Silver/Gold. Mainly due to the fact that there still wasn't that many pokemon, and you could travel between both Kanto and Hoenn regions. 16 badges ftw?

I didn't delve much further after that. Ruby/Sapphire I heard wasn't all that great. All the music in it kind of got annoying.

I did pick up Diamond though. It was decent but some stuff was a bit confusing and seemed a bit much for a pokemon game. I feel right at home though playing around in HeartGold. Revamped graphics are amazing and I nostalgia everywhere I go.

I've made it up to the Elite 4 so far, haven't attempted it though. I don't quite have the levels yet or the types to really take them down.

Feraligator, Dragonair, Ampharos, Ho-oh, Entei, Raikou are the highest 6 that I have atm.
 Alexander.Lacas
Server: Alexander
user: Rakasu
By Alexander.Lacas 2010-07-15 07:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:

I really liked Platinum, I probably got more play time out of it than any other pokemon game, If you are thinking of getting Diamond/Pearl i'd recommend skipping straight to Platinum.
HeartGold/SoulSilver is good but I got bored of them after I leveled 1 team to 100.
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were alright but you kind of lose your drive to play after you have caught all the legendaries and beat the Elite 4 (or in Emeralds case beat the hidden super opponent).
FireRed/Leaf Green are pretty good if you liked the originals, they basically have all the areas plus an Elite 4 MkII and a group of new islands after the Elite 4 which are blatantly the Orange Islands from the series.
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-07-15 07:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually designed a Pokémon RPG many years ago using a D20 system that worked fine in play tests. Only issue was that it's boring as *** to run. My play testers liked it but leading it even with story you still had to fight like loads of trainers.

I think i still have it somewhere. It's about 30 pages long. I think i had it based on a level 50 cap but getting past 30 you were pretty pimp.

Man I had a *** of time at my job of the time.

Pokémon lost all it's last glimmer of hope for me as a cartoon when misty left and the games were cool R/B/Y FR/LG were ok as well.
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-15 07:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Has pokemon lost it's touch, or has it been updated to fit the kid's nowdays likes... or are we just getting old basicly and falling behind?...

The question of the day.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-07-15 07:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Has pokemon lost it's touch, or has it been updated to fit the kid's nowdays likes... or are we just getting old basicly and falling behind?...

The question of the day.

It has lost it's touch. It has been updated to fit the kids nowadays. We are getting old and falling behind.

Doesn't make us wrong!!
 Phoenix.Utonic
user: Utonic
By Phoenix.Utonic 2010-07-15 07:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Had an entire team of dittos, and rode the bike around just to hear the music...life was way more simple back in the day
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-15 07:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's all 3...

now wheres my moni
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-07-15 07:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Utonic said:
Had an entire team of dittos, and rode the bike around just to hear the music...life was way more simple back in the day

Getting the bike was win!

I also remember a file i had, Zapdos @1% and i went through a stack of Ultra Balls and 40 Great balls till he went down....
Phoenix.Darki said:
Yeah it's all 3...

now wheres my moni

How much you expect me to make in an hour w/o leaving my house or even advertising!! God Darki, things take time.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-15 07:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no time, time is money and you know it!
/points her jewelry ethug filled finger at you.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-07-15 07:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bulbasaur will save me!
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-15 07:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Mysty, I choose you!
Charm him with your boobs
 Phoenix.Utonic
user: Utonic
By Phoenix.Utonic 2010-07-15 07:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:
Bulbasaur will save me!
Nothin a lawn mower wouldn't take care of...
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-07-15 07:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Mysty, I choose you!
Charm him with your boobs

It's Super Effective!
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2010-07-15 11:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Did yall know that it was actually possible to get a Lv5 Mew in Pokémon Yellow without the use of Gameshark / Being given it by Nintendo / being traded it?

(This may have been said already, but I really couldn't read all 5 pages >< Sorry)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-15 11:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

The question of the day.

Actually think it's being more geared towards teens. The amount of complicated math in the newer ones is phenomenal, lol. They're making the Elite Four all the harder because they're giving all of their Pokemon moves that'll be super effective to just about anything.

As for the show and the actual look of the Pokemon, it's getting too cutesy, but it won't stop me from playing. The cute Pokemon are usually the early ones and suck. I usually don't have more than 2 people in my team until Lv20+
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-07-15 11:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

The question of the day.

Actually think it's being more geared towards teens. The amount of complicated math in the newer ones is phenomenal, lol. They're making the Elite Four all the harder because they're giving all of their Pokemon moves that'll be super effective to just about anything.

^This

Nowadays it's tailored to a variety of people. Hardcore Maths, cutesy contests, GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL, etc.

Most importantly is their releases of the GTS. They've taken multiple steps to turn what was once a game you played with friends, to a world filled with real trainers and people. In a sense, it's become a Real Life MMORPG already, and will only get better and better. :D
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-15 13:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

so we can only hope a pokemon MMO does come out eventually... I'm thinking for the DS 3d one thats comming out? :B
 Bahamut.Valencea
Server: Bahamut
user: Valencea
By Bahamut.Valencea 2010-07-15 15:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
so we can only hope a pokemon MMO does come out eventually... I'm thinking for the DS 3d one thats comming out? :B

o_o can the ds support a mmo?
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-07-15 16:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What's in vogue? Why, it has to be SNORT - HEROINE! I can't imagine what life would be like without SNORT - HEROINE!

LOL that was from Ruby/Sapphire...

http://www.madhousebeyond.com/?mode=docview&view=pkmnrsphrase

...sadly when I was playing the most clever thing I could come up with was "CUTE - THICKFAT", but the site above has a lot more entertaining ones that my adult mind would never have considered. :p

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-15 17:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Valencea said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

hmmm idk maybe?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-15 17:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Valencea said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

hmmm idk maybe?
ogod darki is back.
ds can support phantasy star zero which is pretty much just like a ds port or some ***.
it's a bit of a hybrid MMO on DS though.
I miss PSO ;_;
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-15 17:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:
What's in vogue? Why, it has to be SNORT - HEROINE! I can't imagine what life would be like without SNORT - HEROINE!

LOL that was from Ruby/Sapphire...

http://www.madhousebeyond.com/?mode=docview&view=pkmnrsphrase

...sadly when I was playing the most clever thing I could come up with was "CUTE - THICKFAT", but the site above has a lot more entertaining ones that my adult mind would never have considered. :p

Lol@that site.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-15 18:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This.