Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-06 02:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
I posted this in a comment on a screenshot, but it took three of us just over an hour (and the third person joined midway through) to all get our celerity. In that time we capped azure light, got ~10k exp and I'd guess around 2k cruor (got at least one cruor chest for 1k). Unless it's a big coincidence, I can also say that only the person that pulls the mob will get the key item.

I've killed 50 or so through 2 runs and still haven't got the damn Abyssite.

Pulled every single one too.

Worst so far I've heard of is 0/91.
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
Server: Diabolos
user: cuccon
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2010-08-06 08:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So with Scars of Abyssea coming out in about a month and a half, what do you guys think SE will add? Seems that the current zones are already filled with enough mobs, so I could see them doing one of two things:

They could release new zones (i.e. Altepa, Terrigan, or Attowha) complete with new mobs/NMs. The new zones could be the place for level 80-90 exp grinds, leaving the current three zones for 70-80.

My other idea is that SE introduces an instanced aspect to Abyssea, like Limbus or Dynamis. I'm inclined to think AFv3 will drop from something like this.

I know this is just wild speculation, but what do you think the next add-on has in store to answer promises of higher levels and new gear? Hopefully we get an update teaser in a couple weeks...
 Cerberus.Tanduran
Server: Cerberus
user: Tanduran
By Cerberus.Tanduran 2010-08-06 13:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Tanduran said:
We try today to get the key item. Killed ~40 Tonberrys and no Drop.

Get everyone in pt or alliance the key item? And how many tonberrys u killed till u get the key item @krizz
Only one person will get it at a time.

He hasn't gotten it cause they haven't popped on our server yet.

These can take quite a few kills.
When was the last time you checked, Das?

As far as the key item goes, some people have gone 1/2 while others have gone 0/30 and quit.

I just check my temp key items and i have it. Just check my logs from yesterday and see i received it from Tonberrys.

Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-08-07 11:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So do we still have no idea when, why or how these tonberrys pop went to the location yesterday and nothing was there but some ??? if any 1 could shed some light on this subject that would be great.

And on a side note what is good to exp on in abyssea-la thein, that is'nt to far away cause alot of ppl still dont have confluxs yet
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-07 12:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Only takes 5 minutes to walk from one side of the zone to the other, and you can get any confluxes on the way past. From personal experience, frogs and birds are both good.

Bees are a pain in the *** because pollen is used too frequently and cures too much, and final sting steals a kill shot away from you.

Some people like corpselights, but the ability to cast high level ga's and ice spikes makes them a pain in the *** in my book. Keeping an eye on stuns/silence for hours on end is not fun.

I've also heard of people doing pixies, although I'm not sure how annoying their cures are. Puks and damselflies probably wouldn't be too bad if better camps are taken, and I think the most annoying move rams do would be nullified by getting HP boost, making them a worthy option too.

Question, is there any list of what mobs don't drop certain lights? Last night we planned on doing bugards, but did lizards because bugards were full. Exp was great, 20 merits for me in 4 hours and 2 hours still left on the clock, and people that weren't already 80 when they entered got much more since they didn't restart exp at 90 per kill. However, we weren't able to get amber light, which means we got bugger all gold chests, and they were all tier 1. So no pop items or good augmented items. However, I was keeping track of all lights, and realised that if we'd gotten just one amber light from another mob before starting our exp, we'd have still been capped on it after about 2 hours just from ebon lights from red chests.

So basically, if there is/was some sort of list on this, we could be prepared ahead of time, and get that one light off another mob before hand, and still get free pop items etc.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-07 12:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I lol'd:

[+]
 Titan.Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-08-07 12:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol im pretty sure who ever wrote this has no idea what there talking about. What a waste of time
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-07 12:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, I think I lol'd most at the bit next to the mandy.

Azure light caps somewhere around 30, possibly less.
Pearl is hard to judge, but I'd guess around 40-50, maybe not that high.
Amber light caps ridiculously easily. Probably a concession on SE's behalf for the fact that 95% of magical ws's suck balls.
Ruby also caps at around 30ish I think, but it's always going to be the least of your concerns.
Gold/Silver require about eleventy billion to cap.

They also missed the all important fact about Ebon (also on the main abyssea page) that it only increases lights that you've already acquired.

And what they're trying to show with the different sizes/numbers of chests I have no idea.
 Fenrir.Elytonas
Server: Fenrir
user: Elytonas
By Fenrir.Elytonas 2010-08-07 13:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know if it's posted here yet, but if you're starting at low lvl (Was 60 when that happened) you'll get no EXP until a specific amount of enemies. Was getting ~7EXP+ at the 20.Mandy.
 Titan.Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-08-07 13:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i had a lvl 58 in my pt was getting 1-15 exp per kill to start mabey got to about 30 exp by the time he dc'd. but then ppl in my ls told me they brought in lvl 60~ char that they said where getting 500 exp per kill so, iono if there full of ***or what.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-07 13:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You get ~5 exp less per level. Last night we had someone enter as 62, and left after 4 hours as at least level 70. Last I asked her she was getting 512 exp per kill, which was before we'd capped at 600/kill at level 80. So yes, it'll start off slowly, but I think you lose a set amount per kill regardless of how much everyone else is getting rather than a % amount. So if the low level is getting 100 less exp, they'll be getting nothing at the start when the level 80s are getting 100exp or less, but once the level 80s are getting 600exp a kill, that low level will be getting 500exp a kill. They'll still get full benefit from exp chests though.
 Titan.Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-08-07 18:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Still no info on why,when or how the tonberrys pop huh?
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-07 18:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
No. It's been the same for the wyverns, xzomits, and a few other mobs. They're just suddenly up one day. There are theories, but nothing that can be proven.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-07 18:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
You get ~5 exp less per level. Last night we had someone enter as 62, and left after 4 hours as at least level 70. Last I asked her she was getting 512 exp per kill, which was before we'd capped at 600/kill at level 80. So yes, it'll start off slowly, but I think you lose a set amount per kill regardless of how much everyone else is getting rather than a % amount. So if the low level is getting 100 less exp, they'll be getting nothing at the start when the level 80s are getting 100exp or less, but once the level 80s are getting 600exp a kill, that low level will be getting 500exp a kill. They'll still get full benefit from exp chests though.

I leveled SCH37 in an Abyssea EXP alliance a couple days ago, fighting the lycopodium mobs. I started out receiving zero EXP per kill, but benefited from the blue pyxis that grant 500-1250 EXP per chest. By the time I left the group, I was @ SCH47 and receiving about 300 EXP per kill. Interestingly, I never received more than 1 cruor per kill.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-08-07 18:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
No. It's been the same for the wyverns, xzomits, and a few other mobs. They're just suddenly up one day. There are theories, but nothing that can be proven.

Think updates will wipe the mobs? Have to restart to respawn?
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-08-07 19:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tried it on such a low level job yet. Would probably be like afb in that you'd have to go back and skill up later.
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-07 21:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What are some favorite camps for Abyssea pts?

I enjoy worms in La Theine because any mindless group can do them with little deaths. I did Canyon spirit heads those were pretty nice as well. I'm not a fan of La Theine Birds at all ;x
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-07 21:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I like La Theine Worms with competent healers because Full-force blow is a *** (hit me for 700+ a few times, 1 shotting me because healers left me at 35-50% hp a lot). Pachypodiums are pretty good with a decent group that doesn't screw up lights. Also much easier on healers when you don't get random stonega IIIs or debuffs that make crap DDs do very low damage.
 Ragnarok.Nightrain
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nightrain 2010-08-09 20:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I am rather new to Abyssea, I think I am doing something wrong because I entered an alliance and was there for about 20 minutes and only got about 3k exp off of mandies. Is that right or am I doing something wrong? >.<

Edit: was on 75drg btw.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-09 20:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nightrain said:
Ok, I am rather new to Abyssea, I think I am doing something wrong because I entered an alliance and was there for about 20 minutes and only got about 3k exp off of mandies. Is that right or am I doing something wrong? >.< Edit: was on 75drg btw.
It starts out slow. What you were doing wrong was not staying for a long time.

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-09 20:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and tonberries on Ramuh. Hp seems a bit lower than some of the mob types in there. Takes only a little bit more mp to kill than puddings on blm
 Ragnarok.Nightrain
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nightrain 2010-08-09 20:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I didn't have a choice.. our alliance disbanded shortly after I got there :\ but thanks for the info ^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-09 20:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that happens sometimes. So usually better to try to get in on the start
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-08-10 18:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are the Tonberries in Konschtat? Not seeing them on the map on wiki :3
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-10 18:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Where are the Tonberries in Konschtat? Not seeing them on the map on wiki :3
Near the zone to pashow.

So I got mine in about 6 solo kills... which even with deaths took like maybe 15 min.

But doing it with a group of 8 took like 30 min to kill only 20-30 and I think we only got one lol.

If you are a good solo job this is so much easier/faster to get solo
 Titan.Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-08-10 18:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

These Tonberry's are a myth i tell ya, jk. But still none on Titan :(
 Titan.Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-08-11 13:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This is about the NM Gancanagh
my exp from last night when we tried to kill him

he point of this is to tell you how NOT to fight this NM Jobs were PLD/WAR, DRG/WHM, SCH/WHM, SAM/NIN, THF/NIN We failed with it at about 10% HP left and here is why. Do Not feed this guy TP 2 many ppl swinging at this thing is a bad idea, he will use Petalback Spin like crazy if fed to much tp and if u are silenced , paralyzed, amnesia and other things there is not much u can do, other than that tp move he is too weak so keep in mind, do not feed him tp

Sad part is just before we tried we watched a rdm/blu kill him solo, lol it took him about 35min but he did it
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-11 16:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of the problem for you and why the rdm/blu did do it wasn't just the tp but he was most likely taking alot less dmg than your pld.

The mob doesn't hit that hard per hit so a good pdt set + high def + phalanx does some miraculous things which means until they buffs wear off you could care less about most the debuffs
 Titan.Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-08-12 22:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't belive still no reason to what makes these tonberrys pop i have been checking ery day for a week and i have yet to see em
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38