Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38
 Cerberus.Kiori
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2010-08-23 11:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain how this "capping of lights" work? How do you honestly know if you're capped? And does everyone have to have the same "cap" in order to get the max drops 100% of the time?

The way i understood it that the higher your lights, the better chance of better rewards rose, but it was going to be 100% same rewards over and over again.

ex: 1275 exp or 1k curor
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-23 11:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kiori said:
Can someone explain how this "capping of lights" work? How do you honestly know if you're capped? And does everyone have to have the same "cap" in order to get the max drops 100% of the time?

The way i understood it that the higher your lights, the better chance of better rewards rose, but it was going to be 100% same rewards over and over again.

I think you can see if your lights are capped at what drops in boxes (idk i never really payed attention)

honestly, what confuses me the most is people going "You don't lose lights" yet "We have to build up Pearl / Azure up again"

i don't get it...
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2010-08-23 11:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Cerberus.Kiori said:

I think you can see if your lights are capped at what drops in boxes (idk i never really payed attention)

honestly, what confuses me the most is people going "You don't lose lights" yet "We have to build up Pearl / Azure up again"

i don't get it...
I was reading through the ffxi wiki info, it says that you lose lights when you exit and have to build them up. The dev interview thing says that you can build up multiple lights.

I was in a party two days ago, and only had two healers, and the other healer was freaking out because not everyone was "capped" 800curor! see not everyone is capped!

Besides people counting, I wasn't sure how many lights we had, and pearl just sucked that day.

But anyway, it would be nice if SE would change the message you receive to reflect your level of light.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-23 11:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kiori said:
I was reading through the ffxi wiki info, it says that you lose lights when you exit and have to build them up. The dev interview thing says that you can build up multiple lights.

I was in a party two days ago, and only had two healers, and the other healer was freaking out because not everyone was "capped" 800curor! see not everyone is capped!

Besides people counting, I wasn't sure how many lights we had, and pearl just sucked that day.

But anyway, it would be nice if SE would change the message you receive to reflect your level of light.
why... does that "800 curor" quote look familiar...
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2010-08-23 11:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:

Basically the general "rule" of lights is getting 25 Azure light kills (killing with magic) for increase blue chest tiers, and 25 Pearlescent light kills (killing with weapons or avatars) which increase the rate at which chests drop (all chests).

When people all start a group together they all are getting the same amount of lights. You start getting into trouble when you need replacements for people. The newer people coming in have no lights built up. Therefore the lower light people CANNOT get killshots or else the chests will be a lower tier.

It's easy to see what tier the blue chests are because it'll tell you how many right answers you have to get for the chest to open. If it's the lowest tier chest you only need 3 right answers. However, if you're capped azure light, it'll take 6 right answers to open blue chests.

The reason you need to build up lights again is for the newer replacement people so the group as a whole can be more consistent and not having to worry who is getting killshots.
I've never noticed that little bit, but most of the time i'm not the chest ***. (only on bst)

Usually i just carry keys, and don't waste them on temp items and restore and such. I let others learn how to open them, or if there is no other chests, i give them a shot to practice.
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2010-08-23 11:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

not 100% sure >.> i don't think you were the whm i was talking about though, not sure if i've partied with you before or not.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-23 11:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kiori said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

not 100% sure >.> i don't think you were the whm i was talking about though, not sure if i've partied with you before or not.
i haven't done abyssea as whm for at least a month

2 days ago would've been blm... maybe 3 days ago... forgot how long it was since my abyssea run.

last few days i've been doing sleepga2 quest lol ;-;
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2010-08-23 11:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
The only reason you had 800curor from that chest instead of 1000curor, is because someone who hasn't been in there for quite as long as the rest of the group, got the killshot.
so it's for sure? i mean that if you have "capped light" then it's a 100% sure thing you only get the best of the best rewards?

This is what i'm not understand is all.
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2010-08-23 11:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Cerberus.Kiori said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

2 days ago would've been blm... maybe 3 days ago... forgot how long it was since my abyssea run.

in a group that had the tank/assit go afk every few fights for what other people called "the runs" or what not?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-23 11:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kiori said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Cerberus.Kiori said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

in a group that had the tank/assit go afk every few fights for what other people called "the runs" or what not?
nevermind then, i don't remember that lol

the party i was in a few days ago, someone freaked out at 800 curior (idk if it was whm or dd or whatnot) on the worm camp (which is evilly addicting) i got 56blm to 72 in like 5 hours lol i liked that setup too
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2010-08-23 11:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
nevermind then, i don't remember that lol

the party i was in a few days ago, someone freaked out at 800 curior (idk if it was whm or dd or whatnot) on the worm camp (which is evilly addicting) i got 56blm to 72 in like 5 hours lol i liked that setup too
I've never done the worms, that's la theine right? by mikey?
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2010-08-23 11:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Cerberus.Kiori said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
The only reason you had 800curor from that chest instead of 1000curor, is because someone who hasn't been in there for quite as long as the rest of the group, got the killshot.
so it's for sure? i mean that if you have "capped light" then it's a 100% sure thing you only get the best of the best rewards?

Yes, and the only way to lose your capped light is: Leaving abyssea via maw, warping/retracing, or running out of time and getting kicked out.

If you disconnect, you still keep your lights.
i see. ty for the info ^^ do you lose your exp chain if you d/c?
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2010-08-23 15:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Cerberus.Kiori said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Cerberus.Kiori said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:

Yes, and the only way to lose your capped light is: Leaving abyssea via maw, warping/retracing, or running out of time and getting kicked out.

If you disconnect, you still keep your lights.
i see. ty for the info ^^ do you lose your exp chain if you d/c?
No. You only lose your exp chain if you leave Abyssea, or you fight another mob of a different family.

Ex: You're fighting mandys for 4 hours in the canyon and someone accidentally attacks Bhumi. If you kill Bhumi everyone's exp will reset.

If for some reason this ever happens, make sure you call for help on the mob of a different family. It won't count against you.
ty ^^
 Leviathan.Belius
Server: Leviathan
user: Belius
By Leviathan.Belius 2010-08-27 09:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a theory.

If !! weakeness proc by using magical/pyshical/magic on the the NMs.

Is that an indication how they should be killed, like how the rest of abyssea works?

So a red !! is an indication of a elemental WS which means you should kill it using an elemental WS to get better/more drops perhaps?

Would explain why !! procs but nothing else happens after it is when it's blue or grellow.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-08-28 09:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Scarlet Abyssite of Kismet then a buddy and me went and duo'd some Tonberries and got my Azure Abyssite of Celerity. Mwuahahahaha! It does exist :o
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-30 14:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to see I didn't miss much while I was in Korea for 3 weeks. I'll be catching up and posting anything I've missed over the next few days.
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-01 16:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
I got Scarlet Abyssite of Kismet then a buddy and me went and duo'd some Tonberries and got my Azure Abyssite of Celerity. Mwuahahahaha! It does exist :o

What would u guys say the drop rate on this abyssite is it has to be around 1-2% cause i have killed about 70 tonberrys and have never seen this thing drop, not to me or any one else i have been with
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-09-01 16:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
Unicorn.Moldtech said:

What would u guys say the drop rate on this abyssite is it has to be around 1-2% cause i have killed about 70 tonberrys and have never seen this thing drop, not to me or any one else i have been with

I'd say it's pretty low, took me almost 2 hours to get mine. Second one we got took ~ 1 hour. Third person got it after 4 kills. I wanted to rage.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-09-08 16:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

J-8 Jugner Forest.

I-9 Valkurm Dunes.

F-7 Buburimu Peninsula.

The three new maws.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-09-08 17:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Three new key items you can buy with cruor:

First one apparently allows you to get more traverser stones.

Second one increases your likelihood of encountering blue pyxidies.

Third one allows an additional atma to be infused.
 Shiva.Shinneh
Server: Shiva
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-09-09 07:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just climbed Parradamo Tor for funsies, got to the top and there is nothing there :( no clickies, enemies, or anything. (might be a VNM but I forgot to buy the abyssite so I wouldn't know) <.<
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-09 16:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Any new Abyssean Camps? :)
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-11 03:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so whats new with the new areas. What have you experienced so far? According to my friend Entozoon(worms) in Abyssea - Attohwa do not drop Azure light.

Talk about ruining a potentially awesome place to EXP :( Does this mean it's possible that many mobs in Attohwa do not drop Azure light? Let me know what you've experienced and if you've found mobs in Attohwa that do drop Azure. I'm still searching myself.
 Bismarck.Rellz
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-11 03:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Im in a party against frigatebirds right now in abyssea-misreaux xp build was super slow at start and pearl light was much harder to build. it seems the golden lights have more of an effect with giving max xp per kill. the birds cap at over 600 atm . got 607 for last kill.
Edit: appears then cap at 610
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [92 days between previous and next post]
By Shunnedbahamut 2010-12-12 12:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, where to start..
Abyssea - Attochasm:
You can gather Azure Lights. a great way to get them explained below.

The quickest way to get capped lights:
When in the newer zones such as Attochasm, Misareaux, or Vunkerl look for the Murex mobs you want the Big Glowing ones "Ephemeral Murex", start off killing those because they give you abundant Azure, Ruby, and Amber lights. You kill 3 of those with a Magic spell and your capped out on Azure same with Ruby and Amber. And no you will not lose your lights if you change to regular mobs after killing those to cap Azure and Ruby. DO NOT HIT THESE GUYS WITH LIGHTNING DAMAGE OR WIND DAMAGE IT CURES THEM!!!! THAT MEANS NO THUNDER OR AERO SPELLS!!!

Now Ruby lights(How to get them):
You have to make the killing blow a Weaponskill that is elemental example: Nightmare Scythe as killing blow would give you a Ruby light because it does Darkness damage, Samurai's should be able to easily find a nice Elemental Weaponskill that does good damage.

If you really want fast exp use the new areas you can cap exp within 30mins if not less and if your 75+ thats around 600exp per kill.

Pearl Lights: No they don't always drop, but you need to keep on top of your alliance and make sure they aren't WSing within the last 5% it seems if someone WS's right before the last hit on the mob it doesn't count but if the melee doesn't WS after the last 5% of the mobs HP you get Pearl's more often.

Hmmm. trying to make sure I get everything cuz I'm not on here daily so I won't be constantly answering questions.

Oh Lights themselves, people say it only take 25 Lights to cap but me I take it the extra 5 kills to 30 just to be sure they are capped.. Have someone in the alliance doing Lights at all times, I only count Azure and Pearl because after that the Melee just go wild anyways and do Elemental WS kills anyways so I don't worry to much about those. just count them off like this if your doing Azure first and not killing E. Murex to get your lights just do /p A1 P0 then A2 P0 until you cap Azure lights and start on Pearl then do /p A30 P1 then /p A30 P2.

Okay I believe thats it for now.
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
Server: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-12-12 12:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

92 days late bro.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38